PDA

View Full Version : FKL's not-so-epic Battle: TalonKitsune vs. Randomness (Now w

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 11:38 AM
Sorry about taking so long. Here are the rules.

50hp max. 30 Tp, can be increased by items found around arena.
Chances for each type of attack will be rolled. Here are the chances. I use a d10 by the way.

Melee attack(includes hand to hand and weapons like swords, staves, axes, knives, etc.) 5/10

Magic attack(A spell of your choosing, if it has power up time then I will take that into account) 3/10

Evasion(Any type of dodge, just don't make it really complicated)[This one will use a 3 sided die]1/3

Ranged(Arrows, throwing knifes[Only if thrown], anything else thrown or shot)4/10

Damage will be done like so:
I shall use a d6 and a d10. d10 will be attack power, and d6 divided by 2 will be the multiplier.
Example: Attack(d6)=4 Multi(d10)=2. Total attack= 4(2/2)=4

Another example: Attack(d6)=6 Multi(d10)=6 Total attack= 6(6/2)=18

Big damage is possible, so don't whine.

You may search for stuff in the arena.
For this I shall use a d5.
Finding (weapons,items,focus,whatever)= 3/5
[/spoiler-box]
You'll have 3 actions per round.
Another small rule...
If you post your actions, and then see your opponents actions and attempt to change yours to fit them, I will take only 2 of your original actions. In this way, you won't be changing your actions back and forth to counter your opponents.

You can choose each round if you want to post your actions here, or PM them to me.

Alright, now for the story!

---Inside of the PUB(B4R):---
Yet another day started as the B4R slowly filled up with the regulars. Tact was passing drinks around in a timely and somewhat elegant fashion, Ian was [s]attempting singing to music( http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif), and Nitro was cleaning and being his usual weirdness. That of course, meant the others were doing their normal thing.
Talon:*flings staff at Random*
Random:*Dodges staff and throws katar*
Talon:*grabs katar and throws the kitar surrounded in fire*
Random:*Uses anti-fire ring and knocks back katar with staff*

"Come on guys, you're gonna make a mess http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif ," Tact said disdainfully.
"We haven't destroyed anything, we'll be fine," Random said with an air of boredom.
*THUD*
Everyone in the B4R turned to look where the sound had produced from. The katar was seen sticking out of Nitro's steel-tipped staff, which he had procured to hold sideways to block the katar.

With a heavy sigh, Nitro turned to Talon and Random and said,"Do you guys want someplace to do this, with out making a distraction?"
They both nodded.

"Well then, Tact, if you please."
Tact gave a http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif and pressed a button under the counter. An androdygenous voice came through the jukeblox on stage.

"IMMA CHARGIN' MAH TELEPORTATION"

A second later, Nitro, Tal, and Random were all in the Arena.
"Good." Nitro said with some satisfaction. He waved his hands kind of mystically(If a little oddly) and forced them outwards towards the other two. They ended up on opposite sides of the Arena.

An image of Nitro standing with his hands cupped over his mouth formed in the opponents hands:
"Alright guys, from the power of the arena, I have given you some of the powers to fight each other. No instant kills, and no uber spells, lest ye be 4 wall'd. The Arena has things lying around for you to use. You may commence fighting when you see fit. Magic/Techniques will be found in the form of Disks, al la PSO. Buffs can also be found in this way. If there are no questions, Let the battle...
BEGIN!
----------------------------------------

Alright guys, let's see what you've got for round 1.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 12:31 PM
1-Search for swords
2-Search for offensive spells
3-Climb into stands

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
actions PM'd

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
This could end up going very fast.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
Probably not.

Round 1

Talon
[spoiler-box]
You search for a ranged weapon and find nothing.
You find a Foie level 1 (Tp cost 3).
You find a chipped bo staff.

Talon Hp 50/50, Tp 30/30
Talon inventory: Disk: Foie Level 1(Tp cost 3), Chipped bo staff[/spoiler-box]

Random
[spoiler-box]
You look for a sword and find a Plastic Gun Blade.
You look for a spell and find nothing.
You climb into the stands.

Random Hp 50/50, Tp 30/30
Random inventory: Plastic Gun Blade [/spoiler-box]

Alright, post actions for round 2.

Side note, if anyone wants to make guest appearances, I can do that. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
PM me though.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 12:57 PM
PMed.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 12:59 PM
actions PM'd

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 01:14 PM
Round 2
(After the guests make their appearances, they can post normally in here. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif )

Talon
[spoiler-box]
You search for a long bow and find a 5 foot bow.
You attempt to cast Foie on Random, but it fizzles out before it gets to his range.
You look for a long bow and find nothing.

Talon Hp 50/50, Tp 27/30
Talon Inventory: Disk Foie Level 1(Tp cost 3), Chipped bo staff, 5 foot bow(in vertical height).[/spoiler-box]

Tact wanders in through the stands, and finds Random.
"Hey Random!" he says cheerily.
"Why are you so happy?" Random replied.
"Well," Tact said with a grin, "You guys get to fight, and not in my B4R either. So why shouldn't I be happy?"

Random gives Tact an amused look and says, "You ought to hurry, it might get ugly soon, what with me and Tal."

"Oh, it's definetly going to get ugly." Tact hurries along to the VIP box and munches on his popcorn.
Random looks after him with a thoughtful look, then contiunes with what he was doing.

Random
[spoiler-box]
You search for an offensive spell and find a Disk-Flaeli(Tp cost 5, +3 damage).
You search for another spell and find a Disk-Splash(Tp cost 1, -2 damage).
You search for a gun and find a Photon Handgun(Green).

Random Hp 50/50, Tp 30/30.
Random Inventory: Plastic Gun Blade, Disk-Flaeli(Tp cost 5, +3 damage), Disk-Splash(Tp cost 1, -2 damage), Photon Handgun(Green)[/spoiler-box]

Okay, round 3.
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 01:33 PM
So, those are buffs, then?

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 02:01 PM
Nope, just extras.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 02:15 PM
So they work... how?

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 02:31 PM
It's just bonus points, Random. You're thinking too hard.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 02:44 PM
Alrihgt...

1-Spells
2+3-Heavy weapons

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 03:00 PM
Um, please be a little more specific.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 03:12 PM
1. look for and ice type disk
2. shoot at randomness
3. shoot at randomness

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 03:16 PM
1-Look for spells
2+3-Look for heavy weaponry, the big guns.

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 03:28 PM
Round 3 doods.

Talon
[spoiler-box]You look for an ice type disk, and find a Disk-Icicle(ToS).
You shoot at Randomness and the sun gets in your eyes, causing you to miss.
You shoot again, but the spots in you eyes cause you to miss again.

Talon Hp 50/50, Tp 27/30
Talon Inventory: Disk-Icicle(ToS, Tp cost 5, 1/10 chance of freeze), Disk Foie Level 1(Tp cost 3), Chipped bo staff, 5 foot bow(in vertical height).[/spoiler-box]

Random
[spoiler-box]You look for spells and find nothing.
Your search for big weapons is fruitless.(You found nothing)

Random Hp 50/50, Tp 30/30
Random Inventory:Plastic Gun Blade, Disk-Flaeli(Tp cost 5, +3 damage), Disk-Splash(Tp cost 1, -2 damage), Photon Handgun(Green)
[/spoiler-box]
Round 4 guys.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 03:43 PM
Two spell searches while moving futher up stands, and another search for bigger guns

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
1) use icicle
2) use foie
3) look for another offensive spell

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 03:56 PM
On 2008-05-17 13:43, Randomness wrote:
Two spell searches while moving futher up stands, and another search for bigger guns

That is four actions. Moving is an action.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 03:56 PM
Alright, no movement then. (Heh, was able to combine those in Survival, lol)

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 04:37 PM
Round 4 guys. I'm making an amendment to the attack chances. Melee stays at 5/10, while magic has been increased to 5/10, and ranged has gone up to 4/10.

Talon
[spoiler-box]You use Icicle, but it just freezes the ground underneath Random.
You use Foie, and it hits Random, doing 8 damage. The ice on the ground turned into water.
You search for an offensive spell and find Disk-Levitate Level 1.

Talon Hp 50/50, Tp 24/30.
Talon Inventory: Disk-Levitate Lvl 1(Allows you to hover for an action;Tp cost 5) , Disk-Icicle(ToS, Tp cost 5, 1/10 chance of freeze), Disk Foie Level 1(Tp cost 3), Chipped bo staff, 5 foot bow(in vertical height).[/spoiler-box]

Random
[spoiler-box]You search for a spell and find nothing.
You search again and find a Disk-Dispell under one of the benches.
You look for a gun and find a paintball gun, sans ammo and CO2 cartridges.

You take 8 damage from Foie, and the Plastic Gun Blade melts. For some reason, the Photon Handgun turns into a purple one. Disk-Splash is destroyed.

Random Hp 42/50, Tp 30/30
Random Inventory:Plastic Glob(1 round until it hardens), Disk-Flaeli(Tp cost 5, +3 damage), Photon Handgun(Purple, +1 chance of hitting) [/spoiler-box]
Okay, round 5.
This is partially a story, so be ready.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
1) cast icicle
2) cast foie
3) cast levitate

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 04:44 PM
Be a little more specific where you're going to levitate.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 04:48 PM
oh i thought you meant levitate as in the ToP spell... (cast it on some one, take them up into the air and drop them)

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 04:49 PM
No, this one is Leviate yourself.
I suppose I could have been specific. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-05-17 14:48, TalonKitsune wrote:
oh i thought you meant levitate as in the ToP spell... (cast it on some one, take them up into the air and drop them)

Thats Tractor Beam.

1-Throw molten plastic
2-Fire handgun
3-Look for a bigger gun

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 05:09 PM
can i replace levitate with shoot long bow then instead?

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 05:15 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:05, Randomness wrote:

3-Look for a bigger gun

You kids and your bigger guns. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_rolleyes.gif

On 2008-05-17 15:09, TalonKitsune wrote:

Yes.

You guys do know you're on opposite sides of the arena right? Talon is somewhere in the hallways on one side, and Random is in the "bleachers" or stands, whatever you want to call it.

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 05:15 PM
I'm rather annoyed how you find everything Talon...

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
lulz this is quickly turning into a wizards duel

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 05:26 PM
How? Almost all my searches have failed... Nitro won't even tell me what those two (now one) discs do...

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 05:31 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:09, TalonKitsune wrote:

I should probably point out you have no ammo.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 05:32 PM
oh... search for ammo then...

Nitro Vordex
May 17, 2008, 05:40 PM
Alright, round 5.

LOL CUTSCENE

"Gah, I'm getting bored up here!" Tact yells frustratedly. "Let's make this interesting!"
Tact appears to get up and spin something.

A floating projection appears in the middle of the arena.
"What the?" Tal says.
"Oh my..." Random murmurs.
Many different pictures cycle through, of bad guys, good guys, WTF guys, and everything else.

Random turns and yells at Tact,"What is the meaning of this?!" Tact replies,"You'll see soon enough. All of these pictures cycling through here are one of the bosses you'll have to fight."
"But this is between Random and me!" Talon yells with annoyance.
"Yes, that is true. That doesn't mean however," Tact says with a smile,"that I can't add my two cents."

The screen continues to cycle.
END LOL CUTSCENE

Talon
[spoiler-box]You cast Icicle, but it just freezes the ground underneath Random.(MISS)
You cast Foie, but it comes out like a little match light, but somehow manages to get across the arena and singe Random.(2 damage)
You search for ammo for the longbow and find a quiver of Nerf darts.

Talon Hp 26/50, Tp 21/30.
Talon Inventory: Nerf darts(10 darts), Disk-Levitate Lvl 1(Allows you to hover for an action;Tp cost 5) , Disk-Icicle(ToS, Tp cost 5, 1/10 chance of freeze), Disk Foie Level 1(Tp cost 3), Chipped bo staff, 5 foot bow(in vertical height).[/spoiler-box]

Random
[spoiler-box]You throw the molten plastic at Talon, but it lands at his feet. Fortunatley, it melted to his shoes, and he is now immobile.
You fire the purple Handgun at the now immoble Talon, and deal a whopping 24 damage.
You look for a bigger gun and find a Varista.

Random Hp 40/50, Tp 30/30
Random Inventory:Plastic Glob(1 round until it hardens), Disk-Flaeli(Tp cost 5, +3 damage), Photon Handgun(Purple, +1 chance of hitting) [/spoiler-box]
Random, do you really not know what Flaeli is? It's in the original Phantasy Stars. >_>

Other things
[spoiler-box]The projection of faces is slowing. Next round a mini boss will appear.[/spoiler-box]
Round 6 guys. It's gonna get interesting.

TalHex
May 17, 2008, 05:45 PM
1) cast foie
2) take off shoes
3) dodge an income attack

Randomness
May 17, 2008, 06:55 PM
Nope, sadly havent played the originals.

1-Cast Flaeli
2-Dual wield varista/handgun at Talon
3-Repeat