PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Community...

-Chilly
May 17, 2008, 12:32 PM
Well... I'm a PS2/PC player and have been since launch, but today I decided to check out the 360 version, and was majorly disappionted with my first hour of playing it.

I joined a MAG party to have the leader quit, then I joined another party to be booted out along with the 2 other members before doing Rol.
I made my own party and people joined then left 2 min later.

No PC atm and I needed my fix, but is it even worth playing on the 360 server?
I know its too early for me to put it down, but in all my time on PC (1000+ hours) i've only been booted once, and it was for using majarra >.>

xRedd206x
May 17, 2008, 12:35 PM
Is it worth it??? You already ansewered your question!

-Chilly
May 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif I really hope i'm not answering my own question, which is why I'm seeking more opinions, maybe I was on the nub universe or something, and maybe theres some sort of decent community that gathers on another Uni... I dunno maybe its wishful thinking.

Zellis
May 17, 2008, 12:39 PM
What Can I say... When you have a bigger player base you will see alot more children and jackholes, its like that with any game. Once you find some older nicer friends the Bad Seed players are just a memory.

Mr_Confused
May 17, 2008, 12:40 PM
you will experience all that stuff until you get up to a higher level, most people at lower levels are lazy and dont care about the party. happens to me even when im on an alt, but now that all my alts are higher levels it happens a lot less.

Phoenix148
May 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
also, its xbox, which many many many different people have. if you want to see bad, you should check out our demo, go to the most populated universe, go to gc 4th floor, and see how people get money. That is also the reason i don't want this game to have free membership for online.

-Chilly
May 17, 2008, 12:46 PM
>.> i only plan on playing on 360 till friday when i'll have my PC back. So I doubt i'll ever see a decent party then.

Phoenix148
May 17, 2008, 12:47 PM
with how fast u lvl in this event, i wold be shocked if you don't find a decent party by fri.

Traize
May 17, 2008, 01:05 PM
Well, its just the way of things, there are good folks on the 360 & I've met plenty through joining runs etc, its just luck I guess (being lucky enough to avoid the insipid hordes that is...)

Feel free to add me, I play with a range of people so I'm sure you could find someone to your liking!

hamb0ne10
May 17, 2008, 01:13 PM
there are a lot of punks and jerks but if u just keep trying you will eventually meet some really cool people and when u start playing with them more often you will meet their friends and become part of the group. im on the 360 servers under the name BONEMAN look up my shop and leave a message on the bb, when im on ill do some mag runs with you http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Rescue
May 17, 2008, 01:46 PM
Im not a bad person too.... I may not talk alot but atleast i dont do jackass moves....

Valvalion
May 17, 2008, 03:11 PM
I'm more than willing to help you find a decent party.

Yes, you get assholes on there but i've met a lot of decent people too, even at lower levels.

I've actually been raising a newbie recently. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Zarode
May 17, 2008, 03:18 PM
Hi, I too, am a ship jumper. :> You will find that Xbox players for the most part, are idiots, with very few being very friendly and/or very good at this game. Sorry, this isn't the PC/PS2 version, where good players are plenty, and I completely understand your feelings. It's up to you, really, if you wish to stick around. It does get better, somewhat, but for the most part, this community is pretty bad. Which is, too bad really. Not that I don't have my fair share of friends I have met in game, but sadly, those were made with my Acrotecher...

That's saying something. Haha...

DISCO
May 17, 2008, 03:43 PM
Arguing that one community is better than another is ridiculous. Until you find a group of people you enjoy running with you'll run into bad apples here and there, thats life. You PC/PS2 players all claim you have an all around better community because it is smaller...if you can't see how retarded that argument is than you are beyond help.

Chris28
May 17, 2008, 03:49 PM
ps2/pc is a more friendly community. we'll accept you back whenever you're ready.

GaNksTa
May 17, 2008, 03:52 PM
Blacklist, bad rep, file complaints and mute are your friends on the 360! I don't run into many unpleasant people on the 360 but when I do, they get to hang out with my 4 friends! Other then those 4 useful tools, find someone who isn't that racist 12 year old kid that only talks about how long he is and hang out with them. You have to find some guys and get a solid group; in which you hang out with most of the time. During v1 I would play with the same 5-6 people every day...

Leah
May 17, 2008, 04:05 PM
On 2008-05-17 13:43, DISCO wrote:
Arguing that one community is better than another is ridiculous. Until you find a group of people you enjoy running with you'll run into bad apples here and there, thats life. You PC/PS2 players all claim you have an all around better community because it is smaller...if you can't see how retarded that argument is than you are beyond help.

you guys sure do pimp that larger userbase, but sometimes i wonder if 360's population wouldn't look the same as pc/ps2's if you took all the scammers and boss box booters out.

i play randoms all the time. i've never been booted for anything, ever.

Authenticate
May 17, 2008, 04:27 PM
The "Booting As Soon As You Enter Because They Couldn't Be Bothered To Password Their Game" thing doesn't bother me much. The people that bother me are the people that put themselves before the team and expect you to babysit and be there to hold their hand when the mean ol' monster smashes their face in because they can't be bothered to dodge. Oh, and since they're getting hit all the time, they're obviously the ones working the hardest so all the rares are theirs too.

NightHawk777
May 17, 2008, 04:39 PM
I'm on 360, send an invite NightHawk777.

I have seen some pretty dumb moves lately as far as getting booted at the boss boxes. All we can do is fill out the XBL player complaint and pick them as "avoid".

Mman2000
May 17, 2008, 04:47 PM
I play on the 360 and I'm fairly easy to get along with. The only reasons I ever boot people are either that they joined my game when they're way too high level or they were just being an ass. I don't put up with rude people for very long at all.

EDIT: My characters are in my profile, chances are I'll be at MAG.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mman2000 on 2008-05-17 14:49 ]</font>

Voison
May 17, 2008, 05:08 PM
Well Iv Tried the Pc/PS2 Servers and the Xbox 360. and...

i think they are the same.

Just like what everyone said. Just find the right people and your set.

I just hate the 360 Servers because im a Fortetecher. And alot of people will not invite me.
and when I do get an invite im busy healing or buffing or I get the boot cause some people on the 360 are idiots. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

DISCO
May 17, 2008, 05:12 PM
On 2008-05-17 14:05, Leah wrote:

On 2008-05-17 13:43, DISCO wrote:

you guys sure do pimp that larger userbase, but sometimes i wonder if 360's population wouldn't look the same as pc/ps2's if you took all the scammers and boss box booters out.

i play randoms all the time. i've never been booted for anything, ever.

If by "pimping" you mean I pointed out that any argument about servers eventually comes down to you pc/ps2 players saying that you are a better community simply by virtue of having a smaller player base. With a larger amount of players you will invariably run into more unsavory people along with an equal number of friendly ones.

Scammers and boss box booting aren't a 360 exclusive phenomenon. You have the propensity to boot and scam on your server as well, just because it isn't talked about doesn't mean it has never happened. Hacking on the other hand is exclusive to your server.

Phoenix148
May 17, 2008, 05:25 PM
o joy, another my server is better than yours argument, better grab my flame resist...

Leah
May 17, 2008, 05:31 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:12, DISCO wrote:
If by "pimping" you mean I pointed out that any argument about servers eventually comes down to you pc/ps2 players saying that you are a better community simply by virtue of having a smaller player base. With a larger amount of players you will invariably run into more unsavory people along with an equal number of friendly ones.

Scammers and boss box booting aren't a 360 exclusive phenomenon. You have the propensity to boot and scam on your server as well, just because it isn't talked about doesn't mean it has never happened. Hacking on the other hand is exclusive to your server.

using old gameguard files and a program called "universal cheat engine" hardly constitutes hacking. just ask tidus. he was on our server until he "hacked" his account to banned status and moved to yours, much like the rest of the cheaters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

if boss box booting happens on our side, it's very rare. what few scammers we've had were ostracized. i don't have to worry about anything going into a randoms party.

it's cool that you guys support psu US financially with your high population of scammers, booters and glitchers. i appreciate it. it gives you purpose!

BigshowPat
May 17, 2008, 05:50 PM
Why does everyone always have to get into an argument over which server is better?

If you hate Xbox so much then don't play it, simple as that. We have PLENTY of decent people on our servers that are great to run with.

As you can see from previous posts there are those that are willing to help out. No matter what server you're on you're going to find someone, somewhere that will either boot at boxes or attempt to scam.

Friends are what make this game fun and enjoyable. Only problem is sometime trying to find them.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: BigshowPat on 2008-05-17 15:51 ]</font>

Iduno
May 17, 2008, 06:01 PM
we have more people so of course we have more idiots but we also have more decent people too

Voison
May 17, 2008, 06:08 PM
On 2008-05-17 16:01, Iduno wrote:
we have more people so of course we have more idiots but we also have more decent people too

Not True...

Il be sitting on the 4th floor alot and all I see is...

"Noob your Pallet Sucks"
"You Noob Your Skills Arnt Good"
"Wow Your So Poor, Your A Noob"
"WOW YoUr ID iS lOw U R A NoOb!"

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime2.gif

Complex_Jao
May 17, 2008, 06:12 PM
i get booted and people try to scam me all the time but i just go on with life and find a better party

Kylie
May 17, 2008, 06:21 PM
There are pros and cons of having a large community like the 360 does. I wouldn't say it's any different than having a smaller community, even though the pros and cons are very different, and I prefer having a smaller community without having visited 360 myself.

DISCO
May 17, 2008, 06:23 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:31, Leah wrote:

using old gameguard files and a program called "universal cheat engine" hardly constitutes hacking. just ask tidus. he was on our server until he "hacked" his account to banned status and moved to yours, much like the rest of the cheaters. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

if boss box booting happens on our side, it's very rare. what few scammers we've had were ostracized. i don't have to worry about anything going into a randoms party.

it's cool that you guys support psu US financially with your high population of scammers, booters and glitchers. i appreciate it. it gives you purpose!

So when all those weapons that weren't supposed to be out on the online game started popping up,that wasn't hacking? What about when all that stuff went missing from people's rooms and PM bombing was going on, what was that?

The only reason you hear about more boss box booting is because our community is bigger, more people running more runs results in more jerks being found. I guess you haven't heard about the people who have been banned for scamming on our servers. People on the 360 and on the pc/ps2 are exactly the same, they are gamers who enjoy playing this game. We have our bad apples and so do you.

Leah
May 17, 2008, 06:56 PM
On 2008-05-17 16:23, DISCO wrote:

On 2008-05-17 15:31, Leah wrote:

So when all those weapons that weren't supposed to be out on the online game started popping up,that wasn't hacking? What about when all that stuff went missing from people's rooms and PM bombing was going on, what was that?

The only reason you hear about more boss box booting is because our community is bigger, more people running more runs results in more jerks being found. I guess you haven't heard about the people who have been banned for scamming on our servers. People on the 360 and on the pc/ps2 are exactly the same, they are gamers who enjoy playing this game. We have our bad apples and so do you.

that was cheat engine

pm bombing/stealing = cheat engine changing your player id value (access to other people's stuff)
weapons = changing values on one weapon to another with

you guessed it

cheat engine

technically not hacking when it's a glorified action replay/game genie. not arguing semantics though.

bLOODSAW
May 17, 2008, 07:03 PM
Played on both servers. Met jerks on both. Met awesome people on both.

I love it when people think an entire community of people can somehow be summarized by the testimonials of a few.

Sekani
May 17, 2008, 07:25 PM
This ongoing debate will never end until someone just "confesses" that 92% of all Xbox 360 players are scammers or boss box booters, and the other 8% are just assholes. I know this is true because I read it on the internet.

*facepalm*

Voison
May 17, 2008, 07:38 PM
What about the people who are not Boss Box Booters or Assholes? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sekani
May 17, 2008, 08:05 PM
On 2008-05-17 17:38, -Chronus wrote:
What about the people who are not Boss Box Booters or Assholes? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Lies and fabrications, of course.

BigshowPat
May 17, 2008, 08:57 PM
Then I'll go ahead and admit it. 92% of Xbox players are scammers or boss box booters.

Can we move on now and get along?