PDA

View Full Version : Shinow Line element advice

Nani-chan
May 17, 2008, 04:49 PM
What's a good element for Shinowa Line?

If it matters this may be the only S-armor I can wear for awhile, til I can make/afford more. Also I will be at 20 End if that makes a difference.

Dragwind
May 17, 2008, 04:51 PM
Look at your other armors, and make it something that you think you might need in the near future.

Powder Keg
May 17, 2008, 04:53 PM
I'm going to make mine Dark element, since the END will be ridiculous to help stop megid deaths.

Nani-chan
May 17, 2008, 04:58 PM
I'll be a little more specific, It's female cast with paradi SUV.

I was leaning towards dark for the same reason Artea was but a friend told me Light enemies are more popular to farm now.

MayLee
May 17, 2008, 05:16 PM
Since I had no S rank lightning elemented armors I made mine Lightning, now to make my De Colte Lne Dark.

gryphonvii
May 17, 2008, 05:39 PM
when white beast s2 comes out, you'll need light,
when seal of the dark god come out, you'll need dark
when sakura blast s2 come out, you'll need ice
and so on, research drops and ask your self this: " which will I be running the most?"

VR_Pilot
May 17, 2008, 08:06 PM
Does this Line shield really have anti-megid properties? People often say "yes" but they always give vague justifications. Is there actual concrete proof of this?

Xaeris
May 17, 2008, 08:22 PM
Incapacitate is a status effect, and STA/End defends against status effects. The Megid that deljabans throw is a Level 1 Incapcitate, which can be rendered ineffective by 21 total stamina. So to that end, yes, a Shinowa Line does have anti-Megid properties, but the 3 End provided by the shield needs to be complemented by a unit and the character's own STA.

That being said, Dark is the element to go with. While STA fends off Freeze and Stun pretty well, it really is pretty much garbage against Sleep. Moreover, since the STA isn't nearly of much importance in defending against the SEs of other elements, a high % A-rank shield will do the job fine. The thing about SUVs is that you can wear an A-rank armor and A-rank SUV, charge the bar, and switch to Shinowa and Paradi when you're ready to use it without losing the bar for some silly reason.

Niloklives
May 17, 2008, 08:24 PM
you're not understanding then.

the point is END is your resistance to SEs - including incapacitate. Shinowa LIne gives you an extra 3 END. so coupled with a and END boosting unit, you can become immune or closed to immune to megid and resistant to a lot of other SEs. but no, there's nothing about the shinowa line that says anything specific about megid

Sekani
May 17, 2008, 08:38 PM
No line shield in particular has any anti-megid properties, but the De Colte Line (20 End.) is probably the next best thing.

BigshowPat
May 17, 2008, 08:55 PM
Light.

Astarin
May 17, 2008, 09:05 PM
Depends. If you only want to bother with one S rank armor, go neutral green. It's nice because you never have to switch elements, and perhaps more importantly, you don't have to buy/trade/synth multiple armors.

I'm wearing green line shields more and more nowadays. I enjoy the simplicity of it, because I'm poor and hate synthing armor.

shotsfired
May 17, 2008, 09:26 PM
On 2008-05-17 15:39, gryphonvii wrote:
when white beast s2 comes out, you'll need light,
when seal of the dark god come out, you'll need dark
when sakura blast s2 come out, you'll need ice
and so on, research drops and ask your self this: " which will I be running the most?"

this man is wise....

listen to him.......

make what you think you will be running the most.

look at the drops for the areas coming out. see what wep you want, see what the enemies are there, then synth that armor. BTW, i voted lightning...

AlphaDragoon
May 17, 2008, 11:43 PM
I'd love the neutral armor if it didn't have to be green. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

mvffin
May 18, 2008, 12:09 AM
green is leading the polls?

:facepalm:

darkante
May 18, 2008, 01:05 AM
I was thinking of making this armour, but a friend of mine mentioned it doesnīt have a body slot...there goes my resist units to waste...
I mean wth...why? Would it make it broken otherwise or something lol?
I think i stick to make my Storm Line instead, ty. Got like 20 of those...Nanopolymer is just a pain in the ass to get.
*throws Shinowa Line back in my PM again*

Hiero_Glyph
May 18, 2008, 01:20 AM
On 2008-05-17 22:09, mvffin wrote:
green is leading the polls?

:facepalm:

For once we agree on something. Neutral armor has one purpose: to save poor players meseta. END only benefits the user in two ways. The first is to prevent status effects, and the second is to prevent knock downs. As incapacitation is the only status effect that does not have a resist unit available the ideal choice for an edurance armor is dark.

As for the reason, any armor with a body slot can equip a resist unit and prevent the undesired status effect. So why bother going for 21+ STA when you can easily use a resist unit and prevent all of that type of status effect? This also allows you to use other armors without an END bonus and possibly get better DFP and MST stats.

Nani-chan
May 18, 2008, 03:49 AM
MAG is really my first AOTI experience since I quit before AOTI on 360 and started a new character 2 weeks ago on PC, which is why I needed the advice.

I have been switching jobs allot to try out the new stats and unfortuantly WT and PT can't use storm line. After recieving your feedback, I think the best option as a semi-new player would be to pick a element (not green) and make it during the 2 week synth bonus after MAG. If the body slot is really good and I end up choosing a job that can use Storm Line, then I can sell Shinowa and buy Storm at a profit.

Thanks for the advice. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Sazan
May 18, 2008, 05:25 AM
No body slot, so light or ice is a waste. Next S2 missions will probably be fire, light, lightning so high fire or lightning% would be perfect.

Nani-chan
May 18, 2008, 05:39 AM
Well I guess that makes a good point, Would it be better to not make S rank armors if you can not make multiple versions and with high %? Right now they are 12m - 18m to make with 15m-30m being the reward. (Low being Storm and High being Shinowa)

I could probably sell all the parts.. Get several A rank armors with higher % and then hope to someday be able to farm nanopolymers instead of buying them from the market for 500k-600k.

MAG has created a fast revenue for me, so I may be making a bad choice.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 07:44 AM
I feel that Nanopolymer is a little to stingy drop.
Sometime, i have ran SW 10 times in a row without seeing one.

How do ST category these thing? 11 * star rare or something lol?
Itīs just a material for an armor for crying out loud.
And those armors has an insane requierment for synth.

20-30 0f them and still low chance to succeed?
Thats nuts IMO.

Zael
May 18, 2008, 09:51 AM
Do tET and they'll drop like candy.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 10:02 AM
On 2008-05-18 07:51, Zael wrote:
Do tET and they'll drop like candy.

Care to explain what the hell "tET" means?

Schubalts
May 18, 2008, 10:07 AM
The Egg Thieves?

darkante
May 18, 2008, 10:09 AM
On 2008-05-18 08:07, Schubalts wrote:
The Egg Thieves?

ohh man, not that one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
I canīt even play that mission, the game hangs in loading screen in block 2. >.>

Celi-Ka
May 18, 2008, 12:12 PM
Well, if that doesn't work for you, try running the Rozenom missons (Scarred Planet/Lightning Beasts).