PDA

View Full Version : I have a question... about a Psycho Wand.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 07:23 PM
Iv been saving up for a Psycho Wand for Months.

I have about 30 Mil right now.

I can Buy a 5/5 Very Soon... or Should I keep saving till I can buy a non Broken one... But the thing that bothers me is that there is no way I can get it past 5/?
I ALWAYS break anything after that... so ya...

Thanks in Advance.

MayLee
May 17, 2008, 07:29 PM
It's not worth it.

I just found me a Psycho Wand not too long ago, I have the diads and three Edges.

I would say try looking for one.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 07:33 PM
Ya iv tried looking for one.

And I saw a board drop and I was like. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif

and then my friend got it and then he made it. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Never seen another one drop.

So Ya... il try again cause thats alot of Meseta...

Kamiense
May 17, 2008, 07:37 PM
Try hunting it by yourself. It's a little hard at first, but once you get a rhythm it's much easier.

Never buy a broken Psycho Wand. If you get more and need to sell that one, you won't get much meseta for it.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 07:46 PM
On 2008-05-17 17:37, Kamiense wrote:
Try hunting it by yourself. It's a little hard at first, but once you get a rhythm it's much easier.

Never buy a broken Psycho Wand. If you get more and need to sell that one, you won't get much meseta for it.

Well how long do you think it will take to find a Board... I really don't want to waste another month or two. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Niloklives
May 17, 2008, 07:57 PM
dunno...some people are absurdly lucky. I know a guy that got 3 in a week. i ran for a week and found two relic edges...thats it

and we're talking a lot of runs...I walked away from that place nearly 200 PA frags richer.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 07:59 PM
On 2008-05-17 17:57, NIloklives wrote:
dunno...some people are absurdly lucky. I know a guy that got 3 in a week. i ran for a week and found two relic edges...thats it

and we're talking a lot of runs...I walked away from that place nearly 200 PA frags richer.

Ya see.. This is why I was going to buy one. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

But there is so much stuff I want to buy still...

Telina
May 17, 2008, 08:15 PM
yea, luck is a fickle thing, but if your not afraid of buying a board i got a friend that might be willing to cut you a deal on it. I emphasize the MIGHT part, but send me an xbl message if your interested, i'll forward you to him.

i don't think he'd appreciate me placing his GT on a public forum.

Niloklives
May 17, 2008, 08:18 PM
yeah I ended up buying my P-wand board. only cost me 35mil on the ps2/pc servers so it was well worth that much meseta to be able to drop that interminable hunt.

BigshowPat
May 17, 2008, 09:00 PM
I'd have to agree. I've done countless run, too many to count, and have never seen one drop. Got a lot of PA frags and some Relic Edges along with some diads.

Hunting for items never seems to go my way. :/

Astarin
May 17, 2008, 09:09 PM
Never buy a broken one? Seriously? Do people have that much luck when grinding? I'd say 5/5 is fine. I'm rarely able to grind higher than five anyway, so I don't even bother anymore.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 09:12 PM
On 2008-05-17 19:09, Astarin wrote:
Never buy a broken one? Seriously? Do people have that much luck when grinding? I'd say 5/5 is fine. I'm rarely able to grind higher than five anyway, so I don't even bother anymore.

Thats what I was thinking... but still idk...

Most people told me 5/5 on a Psycho Wand is good.

shotsfired
May 17, 2008, 09:22 PM
hell, i grinded my psycho wand to 7/7, and i think that is awesome. anyway, i would encourage you to hunt it down. i think 35 mil for ANY wep is high, even though this is just a game..... i did well over 300 runs, and didnt find one, then during winter fest event, found 2 in 6 runs.... keep at it, save that money for other things

Shou
May 17, 2008, 09:43 PM
The prices for P wands are silly right now. Their price fluctuations make absolutly no sense. I think after we get the grinding bonus and people are done breaking them, they will return to normal. I plan to search for one after we get the PA rebalance. That way i can kill 2 birds with one stone because Sleeping Warriors is a GREAT place to lvl techs. I skip the last room for obvious reasons though. nd hey, if there are event rappies you would be killing 3 birds with one stone lol.

Thats impossible... o.O

Hiero_Glyph
May 17, 2008, 09:56 PM
What they are saying is that a 5/5 Psycho wand has a fixed or devalued amount of meseta that you can get for one. A 5/10 has an uncapped value due to the potential to become a 10/10. So in terms of use, any Psycho Wand is good to have but in terms of resell the 5/5 is already devalued where the 5/10 can still be sold for a larger amount.

Astarin
May 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
So, if you plan on using your Psycho Wand, 5/5 is fine. If you plan on selling it, for some unknown reason, then find one yourself. Personally, why would you sell it? It's the best Rod in the game, and looks to retain that title for quite some time.

Voison
May 17, 2008, 10:01 PM
Ya.

I could careless if It doesnt look good.

When I had my Hirokteri at 6/10 I was like im going for 10.

My friends told me to stop now when they look at my pallet they laugh cause its 5/6. But I could careless if its a 5/5 or Higher. I think ima Buy It. I can get Meseta Easy to be honest. Thanks for the Advice Everyone http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Voison
May 17, 2008, 10:03 PM
Who said I was going to sell it?

Im a Techer till I Die ima Use the Psycho Wand till end of Time. The only rod I want after Psycho is that 15* rod thats all Evil looking...

Rutsularod.

http://www.pso-world.com/psu/items/2785/9654-m.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Chronus on 2008-05-17 20:05 ]</font>

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: -Chronus on 2008-05-17 20:05 ]</font>

sKOsiris
May 17, 2008, 10:10 PM
I say keep hunting for one, dont give up. you will find one eventually.
i would like to share this crazy story of my P.Wand finding. one day when my F/Human had 3* luck i decided to hunt for P.wand in SW i was basically using slicer through out the whole way till B-3 i killed about 7 enemies w/ chiki and i see a board and it was the P.wand so i was like cool. i kill 4 more monsters and then 2 golmoro spawn and kill those as well and i see another board. i said "its probably a ran-misaki [b]" and i went next to it, and it was another P.wand i was like http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif 2 P.wand[b] withing 30seconds.i scored big that day. and its been like 2months now since i havent found another.
so dont give up.

Itachi1990
May 18, 2008, 12:01 AM
Some ppl r lucky some r not im one of the lucky ones I found one on the first run hunting it from the first enemy. and if you buy or find the board,after the event when we get the prizes you can grind it with the boost and +10 grinders and 3* luck you probably won't break it once lol

mvffin
May 18, 2008, 12:07 AM
I pretty much gave up on hunting them. I level PA's in SWS2 pretty often, and I've gotten Stormline'd and Ran-misaki'd too many times. I seem to get a lot of relic edges though. Guess I'll go make some shinowa lines.

A cheaper alternative would be to get a chao staff. Higher grinded ones go for around the same price as mediocre Pee Wands. If you want to be an MF though, scratch that.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 01:09 AM
On 2008-05-17 17:23, -Chronus wrote:
Iv been saving up for a Psycho Wand for Months.

I have about 30 Mil right now.

I can Buy a 5/5 Very Soon... or Should I keep saving till I can buy a non Broken one... But the thing that bothers me is that there is no way I can get it past 5/?
I ALWAYS break anything after that... so ya...

Thanks in Advance.

If i could afford it for that, i would not hesitate.
5/5 is pretty good and i usually only grind weapons to 5 anyway lol.

Turb0
May 18, 2008, 02:17 AM
IMO wait until MAG is over before you buy one. Pretty much everything that doesn't drop in the event mission has gone up in price. You could probably save 5-8 mil by waiting.

A better solution would be to hunt it if you're a decently high level. Just use megid/nosdiga or chikki/majarra the whole time and it's really not a bad hunt. You should get some materials while you hunt too, I found 19 relic edges before I got my 3rd PW board (in 99 runs).

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 05:27 AM
Ah. Hearing this reminds me of the 1/56786765 drop rate weapon runs back in PSO.
I exaderated the numbers on purpouse. lol

Urtri
Jun 2, 2008, 01:06 PM
For me i have to say that P wand finding is the oppersite of what most people are going though in that I can Find any board iam looking for quite easy BUT FINDING THE MATS is another story altogether.

Also quick tip that seems to work for me if you see a Board drop CONVINCE yourself that it NOT what your looking for then check it. Done this last nigth during a SW S2 run that had 9 (Yes 9) Board drops. for the 1st 8 i said "Thats a Psycho Wand" to myself before checking and got 7 Ran's and 2 Stormlines then on the Last Golmoro i say the 9th board and said " Nah Wouldnt be" and left it till i killed the 3 Savs then checked and low and behold a Psycho Wand.

Now all i need is 5 Relic Edges and 27 Diads lol

Vent
Jun 2, 2008, 01:41 PM
Haven't got much luck here till now, but haven't done that many runs either compared to others (~30 runs). Got some Nanopolymers, Catiliums, Storm Line and 1 Relic Edge. Where are those Diads? :-?

NegaTsukasa
Jun 2, 2008, 01:52 PM
I havn't thuroughly checked the synth material shops offline in a while. WOuld that just piss the onliners off if we offliners have the Diad in the shops.

I really don't think it exists in the shops though.

Turb0
Jun 2, 2008, 01:57 PM
Haven't got much luck here till now, but haven't done that many runs either compared to others (~30 runs). Got some Nanopolymers, Catiliums, Storm Line and 1 Relic Edge. Where are those Diads? :-?

In the 200 or so runs I've done hunting PWs, I've gotten 3 PWs, close to 10 storm lines, probably over 30 relic edges, and only like 3 diads. You're better off just buying them, they're cheap enough.

Vent
Jun 2, 2008, 02:07 PM
In the 200 or so runs I've done hunting PWs, I've gotten 3 PWs, close to 10 storm lines, probably over 30 relic edges, and only like 3 diads. You're better off just buying them, they're cheap enough.

Sure, but where do other people get those Diads if they're on sale?

darkante
Jun 2, 2008, 02:13 PM
Sure, but where do other people get those Diads if they're on sale?

Probably White Beast because i usually see Diads on the last boxes on the end just before the boss. :P

Average...maybe each 3-4 runs :P

Indica
Jun 2, 2008, 02:15 PM
5/5 Psycho Wand is still very powerful

Hiroko
Jun 2, 2008, 02:22 PM
Never buy a broken Pwand!!!!! Work on it, and with some time, you can nab a [B]. The materials will be kinda tough, but I found that perserverance, and some good friends who are willing to help can make it a reality in no time. So...Good luck!

darkante
Jun 2, 2008, 02:25 PM
Never buy a broken Pwand!!!!! Work on it, and with some time, you can nab a [B]. The materials will be kinda tough, but I found that perserverance, and some good friends who are willing to help can make it a reality in no time. So...Good luck!

Me who feels it great to even get 5 grinds on rares at most?
Hah, as i said before...still very worth buying if itīs 5/5. :P

desturel
Jun 2, 2008, 02:30 PM
Probably White Beast because i usually see Diads on the last boxes on the end just before the boss. :P

The places I find diad most often are:

White Beast S
Hill of Spores S

After those it's:

Dancing Birds S

Followed by:

Grove of Fanatics S2
Holy Grounds S2
Sleeping Warriors S2
Sakura Blast S

Even though http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/13/1511/diad/ doesn't list it, I've had diad drop on both of the linear line missions (Fight for Food and Unsafe Passage)

Skyly
Jun 2, 2008, 02:39 PM
Yes.. White Beasts S drops diads very often. about 5 a run on a good day

Kizeragi
Jun 2, 2008, 02:49 PM
For Diads, White Beast S is the best by far, just get a game with friends, and ask them if you can have the dropped Diads. You'll have 30 in no time. ^^

Mawile
Jun 2, 2008, 03:05 PM
So, if you plan on using your Psycho Wand, 5/5 is fine. If you plan on selling it, for some unknown reason, then find one yourself. Personally, why would you sell it? It's the best Rod in the game, and looks to retain that title for quite some time.

I can't wait to find my psycho wand board.

Because i'm going to sell the shit out of it and get out of my goddam poverty. Even if i sold the board for only 35-40m, I would then just buy the rest of the relic edges i need and go hunt another one. Then I'll synth that for use.

I want a psycho wand, but i'd like to have more than 300k mesata too.

Zorafim
Jun 2, 2008, 03:25 PM
Why not buy it? It's perfectly usable as it is, and you'll just end up breaking yours if you get it. It saves you the trouble of hunting it and synthing it, too.

pikachief
Jun 2, 2008, 03:34 PM
for some reason almost all my techer weapons stop at 5/5 >.> lol

if u asked me i would say to get it, but others say no, its jsut because with S ranks being so hard to grind thats usually the highest anyone gets its grinds to anyways.

But thats my opinion.

And y dont u just hunt for it?