PDA

View Full Version : Dark Falz vs Fortefighter

Ragna_Divide
May 17, 2008, 11:13 PM
Just got my fourth character up and running, and I decided to try her as a Fortefighter... but I'm curious if there's anything I can do to speed up the Dark Falz battle. I have a handgun, but it's rare that the fish comes in range... so I basically spend most of my time hoping he comes near the raft.

Slicers can't seem to hit him except very rarely...

Is there any way to lure him close to the boat? Took 11 minutes @ level 31 to kill him last time. :/ He didn't get close enough to melee until the tenth minute.

Hrith
May 18, 2008, 06:23 AM
You can manage the raft to force him to get close (always move the raft in the direction of the boss), but it's unreliable and still based on luck.

Get Rising Hit and a decent handgun (Ruby Bullet costs 10 gold coins). Dark Falz has half HP in this event, so it'll die fast.

This boss usually comes down to melee range when you have dealt enough damage, or after some time, so using your handgun is totally worth it (unlike Onmagoug, for instance).

When the boss finally comes down, use your best one-on-one damage, I see too many melee classes attacking the boss with PAs like Gravity Strike, Bukuu Saien-zan, Renkai Buyou-zan, etc. Such PAs suck against one target, use skills like Gravity Break, Assault Crush or Bogga Robado to kill it much faster.

Zael
May 18, 2008, 09:59 AM
Majarra....

The second part hits two parts of Dark Falz when it's near the raft.

Neith
May 18, 2008, 11:24 AM
Yeah, his attack patterns are pretty random. Sometimes he'll be annoying and stay way out of range for most of the fight. If that happens, all you can do is spam a Handgun (although obviously Rising Hit is best, any handgun elemental bullet on a high-level fF will do decent damage), and wait for him to come in range.

When he's in range, Dus Majarra works well, hitting two targets (c'mon, there aren't many places where Majarra ISN'T good >_>). I'd also recommend Assault Crush, Bogga Robado, Spinning Strike for it. Spinning is a little slow on fF, but does nice damage per hit, and would be a decent substitute if you don't have a high level Bogga Robado or Assault Crush.

Cross Hurricane and Anga Jabroga may work well on him- I haven't had chance to try them on Falz yet though. Jabroga might take too long before Falz floats away again, so I'm not sure.

To be honest, in MAG Falz has reduced HP anyway, so you can easily dispose of him with just about anything http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

Nani-chan
May 18, 2008, 12:40 PM
If you fight him enough you can sometimes predict what moves he makes by his position and noises he makes. Far away means either a dive or lauching stuff at raft.. Close up is either beams or spit followed by Jellen.

Dragwind
May 18, 2008, 12:56 PM
Your handgun will deal some pretty good damage when you get him in range, especially as an fF. Once he settles near the raft side, PA's that have good range to hit two of his targets are recommended. Such as the second part of Majarra, Spiral Dance, etc.

Ragna_Divide
May 18, 2008, 01:59 PM
Thanks all. Yeah, been using Gravity Break on him when he gets in close with a greatsword... works great if / when he gets close, and peppering him with Ruby Bullet + Rising Hit when he's using his Lazor Beem or any other time he drifts close but not within melee range.

What's this about guiding the raft, though? Is that what the buttons do? If so, I guess the middle buttons move it directly in that direction, but what about the diagonal ones?

Astarin
May 18, 2008, 04:42 PM
On 2008-05-18 11:59, Ragna_Divide wrote:
What's this about guiding the raft, though? Is that what the buttons do? If so, I guess the middle buttons move it directly in that direction, but what about the diagonal ones?

The diagonal ones move the raft diagonally.