PDA

View Full Version : Charm effect?

MiniBrian
May 18, 2008, 07:23 AM
When the enemys are "Charmed" ( have hearts around them) what does that do. Its the effect of the bouqet but does it do something to the monsters?

Iduno
May 18, 2008, 07:28 AM
they all go after the one that charmed them (and the hearts RULE)

Katrina
May 18, 2008, 07:33 AM
It makes them come after you (agro), unfortunately they don't fight for you like 'charm' in other games.

I'd imagine you could 'kite' monsters with the charm affect which might have an advantage on strategy teams, (charm monster(s) and run avoiding attacks while your team butchers them) though I've never actually tried to see how well the agro holds.

darkante
May 18, 2008, 07:39 AM
I feel that charm effect should make them attack only other people in party or if their is just you...then they will do nothing but just follow you. Lol

Making them attack other enemies, might as well be the confuse status effect then. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

MiniBrian
May 18, 2008, 07:54 AM
oooo.... so i guess its only good in parties :/

Dragon_Knight
May 18, 2008, 07:56 AM
Charm's ability can't be broken by other players. So for as long as you have charm on the monster they will follow you and ignore all other players even if that player is dealing massive damage to them.

Rayokarna
May 18, 2008, 08:38 AM
On 2008-05-18 05:56, Dragon_Knight wrote:
Charm's ability can't be broken by other players. So for as long as you have charm on the monster they will follow you and ignore all other players even if that player is dealing massive damage to them.

The harder and the more times someone else hits them though, the quicker it wears off.

gryphonvii
May 18, 2008, 12:29 PM
use charm as a PT and have them group aropund you, the unleash a couple traps. always works....usually.

Dragwind
May 18, 2008, 12:52 PM
Its meant for pulling agro the player that inflicts the status effect. Useful to a degree for rounding up mobs, but not that useful imo.

Maybe in S3 or something ;o

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 18, 2008, 04:34 PM
Dosen't charm status also lower the enemies attack power but without a visual Jellen animation? I recal My Pm (424 I belive) taking heavy damage from vahra packs but not from charmed vahra packs. This was back pre-expansion though so maybe things have changed since then.

Middle
May 19, 2008, 06:58 AM
oh now i know ... thanks ...lol

XFoxPrower
May 19, 2008, 06:07 PM
Would this work well for a gunner duo that used Chamga and Mayalee Fury?