PDA

View Full Version : Uh... What's going on?

•Col•
May 18, 2008, 06:31 PM
Yeah... 065 is fixed(for now) and there are more people online right now than there has been in a long while... So how come it's taking so long to get the Monster Death counter to rise? I thought that after the 065 error was fixed, we'd see a jump in the number of kills in a day, but that doesn't seem to be the case...

So what's going on? Is it just that the people who are online aren't participating in MAG currently? I just don't see why it's taking so long to get those kills...

Indica
May 18, 2008, 06:35 PM
Many people including myself are a bit sick of doing that run. It's not like 1up where you had like 6 maps to choose from.

I still do it once in a while but Im currently soloing and leveling some techs that I have been neglecting for a year now like Noszonde and Nosmegid

Danny_Dark
May 19, 2008, 09:00 AM
Same here, I leveling Skills, Techs and Bullets...

Golto
May 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
Its because of event fatigue and the 065ers weren't that large of a part of the total population.

thebummers
May 19, 2008, 09:33 AM
1) It's getting stale to those who spammed the heck out of it the first three weeks. Duh.
2) The remaining rewards are "sort of known" based on what Japan had.
3) The rewards are now all spaced out by a full 20 million instead of 15 so it takes longer to open one.
4) 065 people were being slowly returned to the game over the last week and a half so you won't see a sudden big influx of players.
5) Many people have maxed their favorite class and level so they've turned to lower level alts or classes they have never leveled so you simply have less effective killing machines out there. Kills would logically slow down.

thunder-ray
May 19, 2008, 09:34 AM
At the momment im burnt out of mag so im just lvling techs now. Im also hunting for a needle cannon since i lvl laser bullets.

Zarode
May 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
At the rate we are going, everyone knows we will just barely reach 180mil, the last prize we should care for. And if it turns out that 200mil is really the 10% grinding bonus, there will be a last week rush. In any case, we'll make it. It's just everyone and their brother is sick of doing this mission. Even I am, and I wanted to max my Acrotecher...

Ogni-XR21
May 19, 2008, 10:46 AM
On 2008-05-19 07:37, Zarode wrote:
At the rate we are going, everyone knows we will just barely reach 180mil, the last prize we should care for. And if it turns out that 200mil is really the 10% grinding bonus, there will be a last week rush. In any case, we'll make it. It's just everyone and their brother is sick of doing this mission. Even I am, and I wanted to max my Acrotecher...

Maybe I got it wrong, but with a 2 week extension there shouldn't be any problem with the 200 million goal?

Powder Keg
May 19, 2008, 10:52 AM
I'm noticing a lot of people not in the 5th floor now. Looks like they're pretty much tired of the event.

I think trying to level techs is pretty much pointless at this time because the PA exp update will be coming soon.

gameday
May 19, 2008, 10:53 AM
You will see a jump starting Friday, right now most people that are guaranteed a top spot in the 500 are relaxing a little. ( especially me, i'm burnt out )

The new leaderboard will produce good results.

Gameday

Traize
May 19, 2008, 10:54 AM
I don't see it being a problem actually, the last few days I've gone to bed & woken up to find the count having risen dramatically. With an extra two weeks, it should be manageable...

Powder Keg
May 19, 2008, 10:59 AM
I thought I read the total killcount was still stopping as planned on the original date. ..Or was that only the leaderboard?

gameday
May 19, 2008, 11:02 AM
On 2008-05-19 08:59, Artea wrote:
I thought I read the total killcount was still stopping as planned on the original date. ..Or was that only the leaderboard?

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78721&sid=c59beee92d79a769c4d2a8d5f8fcf6ae

stukasa
May 19, 2008, 11:07 AM
To echo what other people have said, people are just tired of running the same mission over and over for a month. Seriously, as fun a mission as this is, I don't know why they thought it would be a good idea to base an entire month-long event around ONE mission. I don't really mind because I only do a few runs per day.

I *did* see Uni 2 with 4.5 stars the day the 065 error was fixed, but yesterday it was back down to 3.5 stars (PC/PS2).

Powder Keg
May 19, 2008, 11:46 AM
On 2008-05-19 09:02, gameday wrote:

On 2008-05-19 08:59, Artea wrote:

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78721&sid=c59beee92d79a769c4d2a8d5f8fcf6ae

Thanks. I probably read the 2nd paragraph of that part and confused myself, lol

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 11:51 AM
We're still doing well, 140-160m was what a good deal of people predicted for this time.

Chibi_psu
May 19, 2008, 11:58 AM
God i was thinking i was the only one tired of mag...We really need a regular update u.u

Kylie
May 19, 2008, 12:01 PM
I played MAG yesterday, but I hadn't for a few days. I was doing other missions for materials that MAG doesn't drop; also, because the "one mission event" gets completely boring after a while.

majan
May 19, 2008, 12:08 PM
On 2008-05-19 09:58, chibichibi wrote:
God i was thinking i was the only one tired of mag...We really need a regular update u.u

I agree...while I cant say Im really sick of the event since wed all be idiots not to be excited and taking advantage of it all,but yeah I can see it being a little grueling since we havent had anything new in a while. where are the master classes and missions with 150+ monsters? thats what I want to know. why we're hunting for things only up to 11* and phony 12*'s is beyond my imagination. I want to see what these 13* weapons are all about. they for some reason are trickling out the challenge and new items at a frustratingly low pace. yeah mag is fun and its an opportunity for eveyrbody to get a peice of the action but its the same action weve been playing for months.

Kanore
May 19, 2008, 01:43 PM
It's definitely tiring.

I finally decided to start leveling an alt though; there's +1 for you.

Alastor_Haven
May 19, 2008, 01:49 PM
I'm fucking bored http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Dirkster111
May 19, 2008, 01:55 PM
Been running Groves the last few days. Trying to score a needle cannon board.

Sekani
May 19, 2008, 02:00 PM
In another week or so I should have 99 gold badges (finally) and a second character at or near the level cap. Then I'll be pretty much done with it.

Mikura
May 19, 2008, 02:05 PM
Besides everyone just being sick and tired of the event, it's also about gotten to the point where there's not much left to shoot for. Case in point, I've capped all my characters, all my classes, and pretty much got all the rares I want from MAG. There's....really nothing left to do now. Things will probably pick up again after they put up the second leaderboard, as you'll be having people clamoring for a second spread needle before the 2 week extension is over.

Jainsea
May 19, 2008, 02:13 PM
On 2008-05-19 09:58, chibichibi wrote:

Sadly I was tired of MAG within the 1st week :
The only thing I can say I liked about it is the
exp which gave me a chance to get my 4th alt
to a decent level. The stage layout is bland and is pretty much the same every run so it gets very stale
rather quickly. Also I kinda figure the people in the
1st set of leader boards are now taking a break and are playing less now. I think the one major thing that hurt the event(besides 65 error) is that there
is only one mission/area to run. Thats just imo though.

-Crokar-
May 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
i was sick after mag the first 3 days yet i played the hell out of it. ill be in thew top 100 and thats i care about. i leveled up my cast which i was putting off. but i only play mag missions when om on PSU even though im sick of it.

gameday
May 19, 2008, 02:34 PM
Some of us are bored now and there's still 3 weeks left! Oh well, what can U do, except maybe get more badges for pushans.

Where's the PA rebalance!!

XenithFlare
May 19, 2008, 02:44 PM
I think ST just has a poor long-term plan... in most MMOs, the things that keeps people into it are updates; updates that include new missions, monsters, ITEMS, etc. This game has a ton of weapons... that are 9* and lower. T_T; Once you hit lv50 you stop caring about C-A-rank weapons, pretty much.

They need to come out with more S-rank items to give us more variety, especially for the casual players who can't manage to find a 10* board every other run, like many people I know <_<. Since they're unique there's an infinite number of weapons they could come up with. With levels capped at 130 (and 160 not being too far away), we should have about two hundred different S-rank weapons available; at the moment we only have about 130, counting all the Kubara versions.

Use your collective imaginations, ST! YOU CAN DO EET!

Mikura
May 19, 2008, 05:28 PM
On 2008-05-19 12:44, XenithFlare wrote:
I think ST just has a poor long-term plan... in most MMOs, the things that keeps people into it are updates; updates that include new missions, monsters, ITEMS, etc. This game has a ton of weapons... that are 9* and lower. T_T; Once you hit lv50 you stop caring about C-A-rank weapons, pretty much.

They need to come out with more S-rank items to give us more variety, especially for the casual players who can't manage to find a 10* board every other run, like many people I know <_<. Since they're unique there's an infinite number of weapons they could come up with. With levels capped at 130 (and 160 not being too far away), we should have about two hundred different S-rank weapons available; at the moment we only have about 130, counting all the Kubara versions.

Use your collective imaginations, ST! YOU CAN DO EET!

That's always been a problem with PSU...which is sad considering the sheer weapon variety PSO had. It sucks playing a class and only having...2-3 rares to really strive for in any given weapon type. There's just not a lot of variety.

It also doesn't help that the new S-ranks they do introduce, like the ones from other manufacturers, aren't even AS GOOD as the old S-ranks from vanilla PSU. (Looking at you 10* Yohmei laser cannon. You win on style, but fail at stats.)

I don't understand that as much imagination as ST had with PSO, where did it all go when they developed PSU?

Adriano
May 19, 2008, 05:47 PM
I still like it ;o

R2D6battlebot
May 19, 2008, 06:19 PM
Another BIG problem nobody seemed to mention is that we now have a 2 week extension, and the only goal is STILL 200million. Everyone knows we will hit that goal and then some, so nobody is taking it as a rush anymore except maybe some of the last-ditch-effort leaderboard people.