PDA

View Full Version : Phantasy Star Portable Idea.

Jepp027
May 18, 2008, 09:41 PM
Why not bring the MAG's from PSO back, I would love to have my Pian MAG, the Hamburger MAG, the Sega Master System MAG back on my team. They do NOT have to have any special abilities, just to kind of carry them around for nostalgia purposes. This on the Playstation Portable would be spectacular. It will certainly increase the games sales.

Jepp027
May 18, 2008, 09:43 PM
Sorry you may have to move this to the PSP thread. That is so long it may never get seen however.

RAGNAGELPPOD
May 18, 2008, 09:49 PM
hmmm....preta fits the "no special abilites/nostalgia" category...lets wait and see what happens.

Shinko
May 18, 2008, 10:54 PM
actually i think this would be a good idea for human abilities. Like only human (and newmans maybe) can use the old mags from pso... then everyone has a special and no more complaining about humans or/and newman need specials

Shinko
May 18, 2008, 10:55 PM
On 2008-05-18 20:54, Shinko wrote:
actually i think this would be a good idea for human abilities. Like only human (and newmans maybe) can use the old mags from pso (not just for show but just like the old ones with mag blast) ... then everyone has a special and no more complaining about humans or/and newman need specials

Mio
May 19, 2008, 12:06 AM
If they put back mag with the old PSO system, they would help working out your race weakness.
I personally would love a real MAG system. Just for the stat boost.

Rayokarna
May 19, 2008, 01:11 AM
I think I'll pass on that. Having MAGs back in their old form will make it TOO much like PSO. If they did, you might aswell call it; 'PSO Portable with Beasts'. The have already made changes to it to make it similar to PSO offline multiplayer, why take the whole thing back in time too. =/

gratefulgriz
May 19, 2008, 01:32 AM
bring us MAGS back! We miss you!!

Blueblur
May 19, 2008, 12:58 PM
I wouldn't mind mags even they all they did was provide you with a photon blast.

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 01:06 PM
PSO's Mags were pretty much an inventive design choice for a game where you can't switch your class. On the other hand, you had a practically unlimited amount of character build variations even with the same class/race/gender selection.

For this game, it's mainly the PAs that make the difference. Thank goodness for allowing us to store them off. That was a great decision to at least help keep this game from losing a big config option. That way, you can always swap levelled stuff back in instead of losing them completely. Just like how in PSO, you can always swap MAGs.

One thing I'll never miss, from PSO, was the fact that you didn't have a choice of what techs you would level first. It was mainly based on luck as to which tech levels you had. If the game wanted you to have an uber Fire tech, but have almost nothing in Freeze ones, so be it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 11:07 ]</font>

Aethiopica
May 19, 2008, 01:07 PM
On 2008-05-19 11:06, Akaimizu wrote:
If the game wanted you to have an uber Fire tech, but have almost nothing in Freeze ones, so be it.Which didn't even matter once you hit Ultimate, aside from maybe Rabarta for saving your ass.

zandra117
May 19, 2008, 01:12 PM
PSO's Mags were pretty much an inventive design choice for a game where you can't switch your class. On the other hand, you had a practically unlimited amount of character build variations even with the same class/race/gender selection.

For this game, it's mainly the PAs that make the difference. Thank goodness for allowing us to store them off. That was a great decision to at least help keep this game from losing a big config option. That way, you can always swap levelled stuff back in instead of losing them completely. Just like how in PSO, you can always swap MAGs.

One thing I'll never miss, from PSO, was the fact that you didn't have a choice of what techs you would level first. It was mainly based on luck as to which tech levels you had. If the game wanted you to have an uber Fire tech, but have almost nothing in Freeze ones, so be it.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 11:07 ]</font>

But you could always trade technic disks with other people online and get more power that way.

Schubalts
May 19, 2008, 01:16 PM

One thing I'll never miss is not being able to even have a CHANCE of finding certain items just because your character is named Bob instead of Bob(insert blank spaces here).

Jepp027
May 20, 2008, 12:13 PM
Overall I see the likes and dislikes. It could be an unlockable or even a download purchase, I would have no issues with paying $9.99 to have a MAG on my character. This would generate revenue to Sonic Team. I say go for it, if its optional, then who can complain?