PDA

View Full Version : Most overplayed advanced classes?

dreamcaster0
May 19, 2008, 08:47 AM
Would they most popular advanced classes be...

1.) Fortefighter
2.) Fortegunner
3.) Fortetecher

?

I've been trying to decide my class and don't want to pick something extremely popular. Right now it is between FT and WT.

Nani-chan
May 19, 2008, 08:49 AM
FT is more popular than WT. That's the end of this thread. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif:

EMPYREAN
May 19, 2008, 08:50 AM
fortefighter is the moust popular, fortegunner is the least popular of thouse 3 options

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 08:51 AM
Fortetecher and Fighter.....for some reason it looks like more people are gearing for fighmaster/masterforce. I've seen the gunner population drop a bit, hopefully it's only till we get the PA re-balance

darkante
May 19, 2008, 09:03 AM
Bah, who can not love Laser Cannon in line shooting and Rifle with konstant knockdown effect?
AND! Grenade Launcher just being badass as it is? D:

Fortegunner for life! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-05-19 07:04 ]</font>

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 09:07 AM
On 2008-05-19 07:03, darkante wrote:
Bah, who can not love Laser Cannon in line shooting and Rifle with konstant knockdown effect?
AND! Grenade Launcher just being badass as it is? D:

Fortegunner for life! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darkante on 2008-05-19 07:04 ]</font>
Those are the only ones i've neglected UNTIL now that is. Got rid of my mechguns/grenade PA's and am going Mastergunner when it's time. No wasted PA's for me until i go back to being GT

X-Factor
May 19, 2008, 09:15 AM
I have to agree with darkante.... with the fact that you can knock an enemy over with a rifle shot and the status effects... I don't see how you cannot like the gunner class. But then again, that's my preference to have my main as a gunner.

thebummers
May 19, 2008, 09:24 AM
Fighgunners abound during MaG. Either people are gearing up for Fighmaster or just playing them. Doesn't hurt that there are chances at double saber and twin handgun drops during this event either.

Mio
May 19, 2008, 09:27 AM
Fortegunner forever

Zarode
May 19, 2008, 09:32 AM
On 2008-05-19 07:24, thebummers wrote:
Either people are gearing up for Fighmaster or just playing them.

Both, while using Retornardo (Retard + Tornado, for the stupid, non-witty people out there) Dance.

If you had to ask me which class is overplayed, it's between blankFighter, or Fortetecher. Guntecher and Wartecher are shunned, for the most part. And nobody wants to put up to be the nurse (Acrotecher).

-Crokar-
May 19, 2008, 09:37 AM
my main is a fighgunner and has always been one

my alt is a fortegunner. but at the moment is a fighgunner to lvl and to do speed c rins for mission points and because i sold my rifles becauses i need money.

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 09:44 AM
The knockdown effect and the laser cannon stuff is nice, but then again. We are talking about attracting new players. While those are nice things indeed, it doesn't avoid the real reason why people don't play more of them. The time taken to get the PA levels so you can see that nice stuff.

Those are definitely the slowest things to get to 31. Especially that laser cannon. Each bullet is pretty much Megid, for levelling.

It's definitely good stuff, but until that nice PA update comes, the harsh truth of the months you need to get what we're talking about is precisely the reason there may not be as many.

Players generally want those PA gains now. So they stick to the faster levelling aspects of the game.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 07:47 ]</font>

The_Gio
May 19, 2008, 10:02 AM
On 2008-05-19 06:51, DarkEliteRico wrote:
Fortetecher and Fighter.....for some reason it looks like more people are gearing for fighmaster/masterforce. I've seen the gunner population drop a bit, hopefully it's only till we get the PA re-balance

I think the PA re balance is gonna make me ashamed to be a gunner, bunch of idiots running around with 31+ bullets who don't even know that the shotgun does 5X up close.Class used overall?Fighgunner.I see fighgunner alot,even when MAG wasnt around,in fact if you bring all the fighgunners together,it would be more than all three advanced class players put together.Its probably because they have most of the S ranks at their disposal,they have high atp,might as well call them a lord class. If I were to choose between the three advanced classes id say fortefighter,I see some fortetechers,but they have low level spells,so I know their just doing it out of boredom or somethin,and fortegunner,well apparently everyones waiting for the PA re balance to touch the class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-05-19 08:05 ]</font>

Powder Keg
May 19, 2008, 10:07 AM
Not picking something you may like just because it's "popular?"

Doing that is pretty much the popular thing, you know.

DarkEliteRico
May 19, 2008, 10:10 AM
On 2008-05-19 08:02, The_Gio wrote:

I think the PA re balance is gonna make me ashamed to be a gunner, bunch of idiots running around with 31+ bullets who don't even know that the shotgun does 5X up close.Class used overall?Fighgunner.I see fighgunner alot,even when MAG wasnt around,in fact if you bring all the fighgunners together,it would be more than all three advanced class players put together.Its probably because they have most of the S ranks at their disposal,they have high atp,might as well call them a lord class. If I were to choose between the three advanced classes id say fortefighter,I see some fortetechers,but they have low level spells,so I know their just doing it out of boredom or somethin,and fortegunner,well apparently everyones waiting for the PA re balance to touch the class

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: The_Gio on 2008-05-19 08:05 ]</font>
I already see a bunch of retarded gunners, 130 with only 2 PA's lvl'ed up past 21, everything else is a lovely 1 and such...fucking hate events where exp is too easy to get they don't earn anything but a high level and don't get a chance to learn/love a class

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 10:14 AM
To be fair, I think it is unfair to new gunners. It's not just the event, but the game itself. Levels come very fast but PA levels are just as slow as always. So I will give it to them as they did not suffer being locked at level 60 or 70, or 80 for months while there was nothing to do but level PAs.

Of course, the fighters, with their fast levelling PAs, can still have some good PA levels even with the general faster EXP we get now; not so true with guns and techs. Especially if they are doing a wide spread of them. It takes months of hard work, until the PA update, to raise a decent amount of tech/bullets. It takes maybe a week or two to max level a character?

So I'd go a bit easy on them. Partially because they are new. They have high level characters because EXP has greatly increased (not just the event), but many were given no where near the time we had to level the PAs. I certainly (until the PA rebalance) don't expect some folk with only 500 hours or less, under their belt to have many high level of either type of PA. Maybe a few, but at the risk of not levelling anything else.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 08:22 ]</font>

Gothica
May 19, 2008, 10:15 AM
Oro, I'm leveling up both FF and FG for FM. <_< Although I'm in love with my FG because of those cute Q-tips. >->;

desturel
May 19, 2008, 10:28 AM
On 2008-05-19 08:14, Akaimizu wrote:
Of course, the fighters, with their fast levelling PAs, can still have some good PA levels even with the general faster EXP we get now;

I got Chikki, Choutou, Cross Hurricane, and Dus Majarra from level 1 to level 40 just during this event. Bogga Robado is is currently level 27 from level 10 at the beginning of the event. I'm sure I could get a few more things to 40, but I'm switching from Acrofighter back to Protranser to finish off my shotguns. Ah, if only my techs could level as fast as the striking stuff.

Packrat
May 19, 2008, 10:35 AM
For me during this event it's been mostly fighgunners. After that fortefighters and fortetechers really >_>.

AlphaDragoon
May 19, 2008, 11:01 AM
Anybody that doesn't say "Fortefighter" (particularly, Beast FF) as most overplayed anytime the question is posed must not be on PC/PS2.

Kinako78
May 19, 2008, 11:20 AM
On 2008-05-19 07:32, Zarode wrote:
And nobody wants to put up to be the nurse (Acrotecher).

Really? I thought there were a lot of Acrotechers. Well, I do enjoy being a support class. My only complaint is about the people who think Acrotechers are ONLY a support class. Yes, supporting and healing should be our first priority, but not our only one.

At least, that's how I play Acrotecher. I'm sure others play theirs differently.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 19, 2008, 12:25 PM
I see lots of Fortefighters going around. I would say the most popular are Fortefighters, Protransers, Acrotechers, Fighgunners. I see a few Fortegunners, Fortetechers, and Guntechers, and I think Wartechers and Acrofighters are the least played from what I've seen.

majan
May 19, 2008, 12:32 PM
it's a real shame you can get by so easily just by half-assing through this game. you can pretty much have an easy time regardless of your class,especially now with MAG and the speed that people are leveling. in RPG's like diablo, you had to WORK and BUILD a successful character. this game practically hands it to you and leaves little to no rewards to the people that actually put thought and effort into their character build.

in light of that, I'd say the most overused(but underused,I'll explain) class is fighgunner. most people are intrigued by having a good selection of melee and guns and then proceed to use tornado dance on............EVERYTHING. it's also depressing when you see people playing the class using everything just for the sake of using it when if you actually explore the possibilities(think deva-zashi 46% grinded a few times paired with a 9* crossbow with yak zagenga lv 21+...1-man rape team)...there's so much more to fighgunner than what you see being commonly played. people don't want to put in the effort and there's no consequences in this game because there's little to no challenge. I'm hoping this changes down the road.

so yeah the most overused class in the game is fighgunner to me because its the most common one that isnt nearly taken full advantage of. but don't blame it all on them. this happens in every class. I just hope this game slips out of easy mode soon enough where the players who put in the effort are actually rewarded.

Spacepest
May 19, 2008, 12:41 PM
Its a shame that the PA skills won't level faster, especially during the MAG event where everyone is earning double the experience.

My beast lady is a fortegunner, and I've been leveling her up during MAG (I'm a slow leveler). I'd love to switch her over to support type guntecher, but no way am I doing it during the MAG event. Her PA levels can't keep up with her regular level, and I feel bad for my teammates...it sucks trying to level both bullets and spells at the same time! So, I'm sticking to fortegunner for now, and just concentrating on bullets.

Mio
May 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
The problem with bullets is that you have to level multiple for each weapon you plan to use.
And if you account how slow rifles are...
I'm playing from day 1 and I never afked bullets.
Rifles are like: 25, 35, 10, 10, 28, 31
Shotguns are onli ice: 35
Crossbows are fire 32, ice 32, zagenga 21
Mechguns are all above 30
Lasers are all level 1
Ice grenade launcher is 40
Twins are all 21+ but lighting that's 35

I really wish I had better bullets, and if you think I'm a newbie becuase I don't have all them to 40... go play fortefighter

Shishi-O
May 19, 2008, 12:52 PM
all my chars are going master..

Fg- Mg

Ff- Mf

...my Acros are staying acro...way too much fun, even with gimped chikki

Shishi-O
May 19, 2008, 12:55 PM
the loss of the grenade launchers are gonna sting though

darkante
May 19, 2008, 12:57 PM
On 2008-05-19 10:52, Mio wrote:
The problem with bullets is that you have to level multiple for each weapon you plan to use.
And if you account how slow rifles are...
I'm playing from day 1 and I never afked bullets.
Rifles are like: 25, 35, 10, 10, 28, 31
Shotguns are onli ice: 35
Crossbows are fire 32, ice 32, zagenga 21
Mechguns are all above 30
Lasers are all level 1
Ice grenade launcher is 40
Twins are all 21+ but lighting that's 35

I really wish I had better bullets, and if you think I'm a newbie becuase I don't have all them to 40... go play fortefighter

Yeah, bullets are by far the most annoying thing to level...specially Laser and Rifle bullets.
But they are so damned worth it at the right level. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

zandra117
May 19, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-05-19 10:55, Shishi-O wrote:

Not when lazer cannons can shoot like rifles.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 19, 2008, 01:16 PM
My only character that's going to a Master type is my Male Beast who's going Fighmaster. My Human is staying Acrofighter, and my Newman is staying Wartecher.

zandra117
May 19, 2008, 01:40 PM
My female newman will stay acrotecher, my female cast will be going gunmaster, my female human will be going fighmaster, and my female beast will be going acrofighter/protranser/acromaster

Dirkster111
May 19, 2008, 01:44 PM
I see more Fortefighters than anything. With that said the group I run with has a pretty good mix of classes which is nice.

gratefulgriz
May 19, 2008, 02:03 PM
im a fortegunner!!

Sekani
May 19, 2008, 02:07 PM
The most underplayed classes are guntecher and wartecher. They're probably the two most difficult classes to play effectively.

Retsuya
May 19, 2008, 02:17 PM
The most over used classes are mainly the figther types Fighgunner and ForteFighter for fighmaster. I have partied with fellow cast and beast aswell as some humans and neumans that are aiming for fighmaster. I get fighgunner players almost 80% of the time
however I do get some who are either a gunner or techer in the party in some occasion
I have lv20 GunTech and ForteGunner so I'm lving Fighgunner and lving my twin hangun bullets... Actualy have 6twinguns using the same pa on my pallet and its still not lv 30 =(

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Retsuya on 2008-05-19 12:17 ]</font>

EvaTType01
May 19, 2008, 03:01 PM
I dont understand why people say wait for the PA rebalance. Does the PA rebalance really make the Bullet PA levleing close to the lvling speed of Striking PAs?

I mostly see Fighs and Fortefighters. why wouldnt you use a class than use slicer/killallroom/PA.

Dirkster111
May 19, 2008, 03:04 PM
From what we've heard from the JP players bullets lvl 3 times faster after the PA exp boost.

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 03:05 PM
Can't say it will make them as fast as Striking PAs without seeing it in action. On the other hand, a 2X or 3X increase is more than welcome. Considering how long it takes some of them to level, that's a considerable amount of time to knock off. Seeing a Laser Cannon bullet go up 1 level within a 3 hour stretch is amazing if you're used to seeing the same result after 2 entire longer play sessions when constantly using the thing.

It'll also get people to spread out using more PA arts without the worry of having all of them still at level 10 or 11 after a good long while. Take or give a bit depending on how many hours you can average in a week.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-19 13:07 ]</font>

amtalx
May 19, 2008, 03:07 PM
On 2008-05-19 11:05, zandra117 wrote:

Grenade Launchers are primarily boss killers, so it will definetly hurt when fighting dragons.

Dirkster111
May 19, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-05-19 13:07, amtalx wrote:

Grenade Launchers are primarily boss killers, so it will definetly hurt when fighting dragons.

Shotguns do a fine job on dragons.

amtalx
May 19, 2008, 03:10 PM
On 2008-05-19 13:08, Dirkster111 wrote:

On 2008-05-19 13:07, amtalx wrote:

Shotguns do a fine job on dragons.

True, but Duranga >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Shotguns. We can't compete with Jabroga anymore. =/

Akaimizu
May 19, 2008, 03:11 PM
Perhaps, but also perhaps the speed boost will aid them a lot. Dragons die fast enough to twin handguns, so I'd expect if there is a hurting, it might not come until they get much stronger. By then, who knows how things will be?

Alia
May 19, 2008, 03:45 PM
I play FF. And I'll be going Fighmaster.

However, my character is Female Human. THAT'S not common for that job.

unicorn
May 19, 2008, 04:09 PM
1. Fortefighter
2. Acrofighter
3. Fighgunner
4. Protranser
5. Acrotecher
6. Fortetecher
7. Fortegunner
8. Wartecher
9. Guntecher

Mikura
May 19, 2008, 05:04 PM
On 2008-05-19 14:09, super_luu wrote:
1. Fortefighter
2. Acrofighter
3. Fighgunner
4. Protranser
5. Acrotecher
6. Fortetecher
7. Fortegunner
8. Wartecher
9. Guntecher

I tend to agree FF tends to be one of the most overplayed classes, but it's amazing how lucky I am with friends...out of all of them, not a single one plays as FF main. I'm the only one. Works out pretty well too since we tend to have balanced party set-ups when we get together. Considering how many DO play as FF, I'm not sure how I managed to meet so many friends that play as every job, except FF.

WT and GT definitely get the least amount of love in this game though. But the lack of big numbarz, and the weapon selection, probably have a lot to do with that.

Dragwind
May 19, 2008, 07:46 PM
Newman fT's in v.1 (still now to a degree)

Beast fF's now.

Genoa
May 19, 2008, 10:55 PM
Hunter types usually abound in both PSO and PSU as the majority. However, unlike PSO, I find that Forces are more common than Rangers in PSU.
So it's Hunter > Force > Ranger in this (as far as I can tell)
As for specific types... I'd probably say something like...

Fighgunner
Fortefighter
Fortetecher
Protranser
Acrotecher
Acrofighter
Fortegunner
Wartecher
Guntecher

Miyoko
May 19, 2008, 11:59 PM
On 2008-05-19 07:32, Zarode wrote:
And nobody wants to put up to be the nurse (Acrotecher).

Oh there's lots of "nurses". It's just that, like PSO support forces, 95% of AT's out there play them like gimped hunters, and never bother to use their support, so you never notice them. <_<

Yusaku_Kudou
May 20, 2008, 06:03 AM
Fortegunners are in short now because fighgunner is better for MAG using Yak Zagenga.

Yeevs
May 20, 2008, 01:07 PM
I used to acrotech, but being stuck with A-rank weapons because the AT's tech selection of S-ranks tend to be on the pricey side (or risk blowing money on extra As and grinding them to 5+) turned me off quite a bit from the acroteching. Sure, there are nice As for a cheap price that can be grinded to S-rank quality (like Magical Wand and Majimra), but even so a Uransara and a Tesbra will still stand out. Doris are also expensive as they are (and I won't even get into a discussion about Conis!).

Fortetechers have a cheaper selection of strong weapons to work with (Halarods: 300-500k each) and with MAG a person could make a 7+ Chao Staff easily with good grinders and 3-star luck. Right there a person would only blow about 20k just to make an A-rank version of a Gaozoan Rod or even better! (If VERY lucky, even make a mock-Psycho Wand!).

Warteching's an issue because it suffers from being able to do so much. The big-hitting weapons tend to be only A-ranks, while the Twin weapons tend to be S-rank. It really is not a class designed to just fight through but spend time making an effective fighting setup so that it can work around enemy resistances. If I could sum up Warteching: exploit weaknesses.

RemiusTA
May 20, 2008, 04:33 PM

Gunmasters and Masterforces are going to rule the world.

Gunmasters with retarded SE and speed, and Masterforces with retarded speed/power/graphical eye candy that melts graphical graphics cards.

Oh, and Fighmasters with Gigadance and Doublebrokenjarbackwards

MrNomad
May 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
On 2008-05-20 14:33, RemiusTA wrote:

Fighmasters will rule the world.

Gunmasters with retarded SE and speed, and Masterforces with retarded speed/power/graphical eye candy that melts graphical graphics cards.

Oh, and Fighmasters with Gigadance and Doublebrokenjarbackwards that can kill mobs before the gunmaster and masterforce can tag then all.

Fix'd

NightHawk777
May 21, 2008, 04:31 PM
On 2008-05-19 13:04, Dirkster111 wrote:
From what we've heard from the JP players bullets lvl 3 times faster after the PA exp boost.

Oh, i hope this is true http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Cry0
May 21, 2008, 04:55 PM
a fortefighter is fun to play, so a lot of people play it. simple as that. i don't see what's wrong with it, or why people would get annoyed over it.

also, acrofighter is underrated u.u