PDA

View Full Version : Help With Special Photon Arts

pinkace
May 19, 2008, 06:23 PM
so with all these medals, i got like, 300 pa fragments, which is more than i ever imagined i would have! now i have too many choices on what to get! i want to get cool PAs for my fortefighter and my fighgunner. can you guys recommend a couple? i like spears and twin daggers and swords and double sabers.

i noticed that the PAs dont have attributes; will this affect my attack ability? do they level just like regular PAs?

thanks for any tips guys, even a link would be appreciated.

Delete
May 19, 2008, 06:39 PM
Dus majiras or however you say it is the best pa there is. Its at the guardians branch in moatoob and its the spear pa btw. Also, for the double saber, absolute dance is great, but its a pain to level and the first part sucks without the second or third.

Also, it wont affect your attack ability and they do level just like other pas.

joefro
May 19, 2008, 06:39 PM
Spear=Dus Majarra

I don't really use any of the other weapons so I'm not sure on power.

darthplagis
May 19, 2008, 06:44 PM
dus majarra is a must for spear users (floating spear of stabby death move)

gravity break is slow to level but is by far the BEST sword PA

the yo yo daggers (non yellow one) is great for mbs of small dudes or single big guys (jarba, polavorahs, svaltus)

the yellow twin dagger one (spiderman i call it) is great for those slow moving high damage mobs (boomas, deljabans) but it is another slow lvler

as for dbl sabers absolute dance is hard hitting slow levelling and good fun..... but gravity dance is more useful

spinning strike is REAL hard esp with acro fighter, as is cross hurricane and splendor crush for twin sabers (cross is my fave tho)

PA moves dont directly effect your basic attack power only the PA attack power (Y button or triangle).

also it looks like you are a figunner? if so then grab the single claw PA the yellow one (buyakku or something) it is AMAZING for crowds of monsters even better with a nice NEI claw.

also twin penetration for the twin hand gun, its quite hard to lvl as it costs alot of PP but say like run AMF subway run for a day and its maxxed LOL. but it is a really useful tool when you want to tag EVERYTHING in a party run also useful for big crowd mobs in tight spaces, as it shoots like a laser cannon but twin handguns (as shot penetrates the enemies and hits the one behind) also its fun to say you have twin/double penetration LOL

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: darthplagis on 2008-05-19 16:51 ]</font>

Turb0
May 19, 2008, 06:58 PM
-Majarra is like the perfect PA. Only 30 frags, it's extremely strong, you can use it in any situation, and it levels very fast.

-For double sabers, absolute dance (50 frags) is pretty good, but it's a little slow for me. Also, it'll take at least 3 hours of constant leveling to get anywhere near 11, so you might want to wait on this one until the PA rebalancing update.
-Tornado Dance (99 frags) isn't the best for damage especially considering the pp cost, but it's good if you need some fast damage or just like messing around.

-For swords, gravity break (75 frags) is really strong, but also takes a long time to level.

-If you use crossbows as a fighgunner, consider zagenga (75 frags). It gets stronger as your health gets lower, which is good for some situations, but for parties with a techer it isn't the best.

-I know you didn't mention this, but if you use axes as a FF, pick up jabroga (99 frags). It hits ~5 targets twice and gets extremely strong at high levels. Think 5000+ damage per hit times 10.

pinkace
May 19, 2008, 07:00 PM
thanks guys, very helpful. i now have 400 pa fragments! yay me! so im gonna also buy some PAs for my fortegunner. now those i KNOW should have attributes; i love double guns and rifles and shotguns. can you recommend any?

shotsfired
May 19, 2008, 07:16 PM
rifles, probably killer shot (99 frags), really good for robot missions and smalls mobs. shotguns, non really, same with twin handguns. the shotgun ult. PAs are kinda lame (charm and zoldeel). the twin handguns is twin penetration and zalure.

i only used killer shot, i wasted my PA frags on the other ones and I never used them, personally

Turb0
May 19, 2008, 07:16 PM
On my fortegunner, the only ones I still use are zagenga (crossbow, 75 frags), killer shot (rifle, 90 frags), and duranga (grenade, 50 frags).

I haven't had killer shot that long (it's only lv13 now) but I'm having fun with it at desert goliath and grove of fanatics. Robots get completely owned by it, and it seems like dog things (badira, nava ludda, etc.) do too, but to a lesser extent. Also, killer shot is a must if you get the delnadian map in the ruins. Even before it was lv 11, it would rarely take more than 3 shots to take one down.

Boma duranga is really good for bosses, but I don't use it much outside of that. It has "reflect damage" which means that the more damage you do with it, the more it hurts you. This may seem like a bad thing but at white beast, I was doing more damage with duranga at lv 1 then I was with my ~23 ice grenade, and it gains more atp% per level than elemental grenades.

Atomic646
May 20, 2008, 10:46 AM
FIGHTER:

Dus Majarra** - Spear. easy to level and powerful

Gravity Break - Sword. A b**** to level, but very powerful

75 PA Frag - Twin Daggers. real fun.

Spinning Strike - Saber. Very Powerful but is slower than Rising Stike in the first part.

GUNNER:

Ok in my opinion DO NOT GET THE SHOTGUN PA'S

Rifle - Killer Shot (90 Frags) is really useful in Robot places.

Twin Pistols - Twin Penetration.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Atomic646 on 2008-05-20 08:52 ]</font>

pinkace
May 20, 2008, 12:45 PM
thanks for the info guys!

however, i dont understand ranged weapons PAs: is killer shot available for dark, light, ground, etc.? how about the other ones?

Hrith
May 20, 2008, 01:38 PM
Bullet PAs you purchase with PA fragments are neutral, they have no element whatsoever.

Killer Shot has the Incapacitate Lv4 SE (after Lv21), which kills monsters with low STA (namely robots) instantly.

Use this, it helps >_>
http://www.pso-world.com/items/psu/12/photon_arts/

pinkace
May 20, 2008, 04:14 PM
Thanks, but that link says absolutely nothing about the special PAs. Thats the first place i went thru. i wish this wasnt moved, now no one will reply.

Astarin
May 21, 2008, 01:24 AM
Actually, that link includes all of the PA fragment Photon Arts. They're just mixed in with all of the regular ones. Anything ranked 7 stars or higher is a frag PA. Clicking on the name will bring up detailed stats, including fragment cost, PP cost, attack and accuracy modifiers, and so on.