PDA

View Full Version : FKL DnD Topic - Game Saturday

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 07:31 PM
Well, I've searched through the handbooks for awhile and am very near being done. I realize the old topic for this is more then a few months old but there have been more then a few months worth of set backs as well.

No campaign dates have been scheduled yet but things will be starting fairly soon. I'll post campaign progress, updates, notices, and anything of remote interest in this thread. Questions can be asked in thread, PM, AIM, or MSN. I've no problem if you need to immediately chat and often prefer if you send me a message on AIM or MSN.

Basic Rules

We will be using the point buy system. (http://yellowrex.com/tools/pbcalc.php)
But I personally hate point buy on default. You'll be given a generous 30 points to use.

To those new to the system http://www.d20srd.org/

We'll be using the 3.5 edition rules. Stats will be rolled (unless I change my mind. I won't allow people to have truly broken stats). I'm encouraging players to stick to more basic books like the PHB, Complete Warrior, and so forth but if you want a more exotic class please consult me about it. The same rules apply for race; consult me. There will be no psionics or incarnum. If you find a race in these books, consult me. Monster races are discouraged.

We start at level one.

We'll be using a program called Fantasy Grounds. You will need to consult me to get a hold of it. The program is truly great. No voicing will be done. Fantasy Grounds covers character sheets for us.

Setting is going to be original. I have the first adventure nearly complete and a main "quest" is being worked on. Technology levels max out with steam power for trains and flintlock weaponry (exotic).

Contact me if you are interested in joining.

Current Players:

-Tact - Battle Sorceror

-Sord - Barbarian

-Toadthroat - Ranger

-Scrub - Samurai

-Z - Fighter

-IankunX - Bard

-Rust - Mage

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-05-21 19:57 ]</font>

Toadthroat
May 19, 2008, 07:55 PM
Good 'ol nerdy DnD.
SIGN ME UP MY GOOD MAN.

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:01 PM
i might play if somebody would be willing to teach me, then again i might just hold off because exams start next week

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 08:03 PM
Well do you have an idea of how DnD works and how it's played?

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:04 PM
is it anything like fire emblem?

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 08:08 PM
http://www.terminally-incoherent.com/img/facepalm.jpeg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-05-19 18:08 ]</font>

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:09 PM
then no, i have no idea how to play DnD, the closest i've ever come is reading the DragonLance Novels

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 08:14 PM
You play with dice.

It's a role playing. It's the role playing game. Google it.

Ketchup345
May 19, 2008, 08:15 PM
Basically, it is Satan's game. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
Give me some details in the thread and I may join.

Now where's the Mountain Dew?

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:17 PM
On 2008-05-19 18:15, Ketchup345 wrote:
Basically, it is Satan's game.

why didn't you say so from the beginning? now i'm interested! (i think one of my friends plays i'll see if i can borrow their rule book)

Tact
May 19, 2008, 08:23 PM
Talon, there's no need for that. We have Players' Handbooks from other means. If you know what I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 08:26 PM
On 2008-05-19 18:23, Tact wrote:
Talon, there's no need for that. We have Players' Handbooks from other means. If you know what I mean. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Summoning the spirit of Vxonth'glach, Dark Librarian of the Underrealm--cool as it sounds--is probably not the best way to get your hands on those materials.

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:28 PM
what about the summon spirit of the torrent?

Tact
May 19, 2008, 08:40 PM
We summoned him and then beat him by running away and throwing d4's behind us. He stepped on the pointy edges and died from around 100d3 damage.

Randomness
May 19, 2008, 09:48 PM
Again, I'm potentially interested, pending more info.

Edit:And to one-up Talon's video game comparisons, I'm going with a mix of Etrian Odyssey and Knights of the Old Republic. (Dungeon crawl and d20 based... everything)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-19 19:58 ]</font>

amtalx
May 19, 2008, 09:56 PM
This better have active time battle.

Randomness
May 19, 2008, 09:58 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:56, amtalx wrote:

Please tell me how a dice-based game could EVER use that system.

amtalx
May 19, 2008, 10:04 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:58, Randomness wrote:

On 2008-05-19 19:56, amtalx wrote:

Please tell me how a dice-based game could EVER use that system.

Come back when you have no less than 20 INT. I will show you the way.

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 11:14 PM
Setting is going to be original. I have the first adventure nearly complete and a main "quest" is being worked on. Technology levels max out with steam power for trains and flintlock weaponry (exotic).
Don't tempt me, you bastard.

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 11:18 PM
On 2008-05-19 21:14, astuarlen wrote:

Don't tempt me, you bastard.

You can be the party's talking rock if you want http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
That's so... Neolithic. Let's up the XTREME factor, shall we? I'm thinking platinum-plated, trilingual talking rock from the future (jetpack included free of charge).

AC: Slater.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-05-19 21:26 ]</font>

Toadthroat
May 19, 2008, 11:25 PM
STEAMPUNK STEAMPUNK
ITS AAAAAAAWWWWRIIIIIGHT!

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 01:01 AM
I give it approximately five seconds before Tact and Sord both try to kill my character. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Sord
May 20, 2008, 02:18 AM
please tell me you didn't pick Bard... You must have...

you're so dead

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 03:48 AM
How did you know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Yeah, I'm the jackass who sat down a while back with the PH, read about the classes and what they could do, and decided that the wussiest, pansiest class in the book sounded like a great idea. >_> It fits the character, though.

<Nai> Awww, but I know some great Orcish drinking songs! Come on, we'll have lots of fun. We can rid the world of evil and bring happiness and joy to the downtrodden! We ca- Please stop strangling me with my spare lute strings. Ple-*gack*

Sord
May 20, 2008, 08:00 AM
On 2008-05-20 01:48, Ian-KunX wrote:
How did you know? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif Yeah, I'm the jackass who sat down a while back with the PH, read about the classes and what they could do, and decided that the wussiest, pansiest class in the book sounded like a great idea. >_> It fits the character, though.

<Nai> Awww, but I know some great Orcish drinking songs! Come on, we'll have lots of fun. We can rid the world of evil and bring happiness and joy to the downtrodden! We ca- Please stop strangling me with my spare lute strings. Ple-*gack*

don't worry, you won't be able to use them anyways as I'll be shoving a flute down your throat at the same time
http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

*is reminded of a Fear the Boot comic strip*

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 08:32 AM
"With BURLESQUE DANCE!"

Fear not, my Bard will be doing absolutely no dancing.

<Nai> I am not at all certain that I am alright with the idea of having a flute shoved down my throat. Hmm... Although, I must confess that I wasn't going to be using those spare strings any time soon, I can't actually play the lute, you see, this one belonged to my uncle and I didn't have the heart to leave it behind when he died, even though I can't play it myself... I suppose I'll just have to learn how, won't I? It'll take a bit of practice, but I'm sure I'll do alright. Well, I won't be able to if you persist in trying to kill me... *draws sword* I'm rather opposed to the idea of killing another person, but I've got no qualms about defending myself. Now let's all try to get along, shall we? *puts sword away* Here, I'll sing you some songs, any special reque-*chokes on flute being shoved down his throat*

Tact
May 20, 2008, 02:59 PM
Haha, Ian. You'll be fine if your Perform checks go well.

And I hate music in real life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that my character does.

Edit: Also, we're rolling our stats now? Have you decided against using 15,14,13,13,12,10?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-20 13:00 ]</font>

Sord
May 20, 2008, 03:08 PM
On 2008-05-20 12:59, Tact wrote:
And I hate music in real life, but that doesn't necessarily mean that my character does.

Yeah, also Ian, I'm a barbarian, which in their description are actully known for liking Bards who can sing well. So I won't be killing you, but quite enjoying you company... unless you fail to your Perform checks. Stick to Pub music though, I'm a dwarf ;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-20 13:09 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 05:17 PM
Well, anyone who is still interested can post.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 05:24 PM
If I can get a grasp on the game, I might participate.

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 05:34 PM
On 2008-05-20 15:24, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
If I can get a grasp on the game, I might participate.

http://www.google.com

And that d20 site in my first post. You should get an idea :]

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 05:38 PM
Shit's too complicated. Too many tables and charts. Needs more pictures.

I don't want to use Magic Missile; I want to BE the Magic Missile.

Toadthroat
May 20, 2008, 05:58 PM
Here are the basics to D&D:

Freeform traditional roleplaying game. You create a character, with a race, class, alignment (Good vs Evil, Lawful vs. Chaotic), and stats.
Its actually really similar to what Tact is doing with the FKL survival game, except there are a few more rules and whatnot that you have to follow.
It basically is like this, The DM (Dungeon Master, AKA The person who runs the game and make sure everyone follows the rules) will set up a "campaign" with a world, populate it with characters, and give the Player Characters a quest. And the PC's go out and perform said quest, looting baddies and saving princesses or whatever along the way.
Thats the simple part, it goes more indepth when you get into battle and when you have to use feats, magic, and skill checks and what not to overcome obstacles.
Battle is pretty simple. Gorzak the Orc warrior, who is wielding a long sword that do 1d6 damage, is facing off against a spider monster thing with an AC (Armor Class) of 12. So the DM would say something liek "Gorzak, your turn" or something. Gorzak would initiate his turn by moving foward his alloted amount of spaces to get closer to the spider. Then he would start his attack by rolling a 20 sided die against the spider's AC. Since the Spider has an AC of 12, Gorzak has to roll a 12 or higher to be able to hit the spider. Gorzak rolls a 15, his attack hits. He then rolls his weapons damage, which in this case for the longsword, is 1d6 (meaning 1(one) 6(six) sided die). Gorzak rolls a 3, that means he does 3 damage to the spider. Thats combat in a nutshell, although it gets trickier when you factor in things such as feats, buffs, attacks of opportunity, flanking, ETC, ETC.
Skill checks work like this: Gorzak goes back to town to sell the loot from his recent adventure. He goes to the local barter shop to sell off Spider eyes. The barter shop doesn't want to give him more than 50 gold for it, Gorzak wants at least 100. Gorzak is an Orc warrior, so he has high intimidate. So he wants to intimidate this store keeper to raise the price. He would then roll a 20 sided die and add in his intimidate skill to the overall total of the roll. So he rolls an 18, but his intimidate skill is at 5, so that equals up to a 23. The DM would then decide if the store keeper is weak-minded enough to fall for the intimidate check.
Thats all I feel like explaining.

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
Your presentation lacks visuals. Let's face it, all that text is not very fun to look at. I dunno, maybe if you bolded some of it...?

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 06:08 PM
I-tal-ics! I-tal-ics!

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 06:10 PM
I look... and I smile at it basically being Kotor. (Especially point buying) Yay for something I already understoog.

EDIT:That one basics link... is it accurate with regards to races, etc.? (I'm pretty sure d20 and D&D are two seperate things-even if both are made by Wizards)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-20 16:12 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 06:25 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:10, Randomness wrote:
I look... and I smile at it basically being Kotor. (Especially point buying) Yay for something I already understoog.

EDIT:That one basics link... is it accurate with regards to races, etc.? (I'm pretty sure d20 and D&D are two seperate things-even if both are made by Wizards)

DnD is the game, d20 is the system that runs DnD. It'd be like saying the rulebook for Connect Four isn't really part of Connect Four.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 06:27 PM

Yeah, Randomness, KOTOR is a more streamlined, real-time version of the d20 system. You have the basic ability scores, the feats, and even maximum dexterity bonus on pieces of armor.

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 06:27 PM
Ah. I wondered what the difference was.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 06:32 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:27, Randomness wrote:
Ah. I wondered what the difference was.

That's not all of the similarities/differences. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Another likeness I can come up with is the use of skill points and how they're based on Intelligence. Penalties for two-weapon fighting and the feats to counteract these penalties are also part of the d20 system. Yet another similarity is the use of fire/cold/sonic/etc. damage, and I think they even have damage resistance and reduction somewhere in there.

Edit: More stuff! I remember that they also use Reflex, Fortitude, and Will saves for certain attacks.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-20 16:34 ]</font>

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 06:35 PM
And every bit of that I've dealt with in the two KotoR games, so I'm somewhat familiar with it. I guess I'll go ahead and start thinking about what to play...

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 06:49 PM
Yay for something I already understoog.
As they say in PSU Gen.

#1 You need to learn English.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Nitro_Vordex on 2008-05-20 16:50 ]</font>

Tact
May 20, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think you should play as a Bith Bard. It would be hard to talk to people, but you would have damn good Perform skills. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 06:52 PM
I'm going to sit out on this game, i've got too much going on at the moment to start playing DnD but i'll get in on the next one, so don't wait up for me

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 06:59 PM
Same here. I might join the next campaign. (In a month lol )

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 07:07 PM
i just remembered, one of my DragonLance books has the Dracorian DnD stats in it, i can go get it if you want (i think i have the book with it anyways)

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 07:25 PM
If it gives another race choice, by all means.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 07:35 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:25, Randomness wrote:
If it gives another race choice, by all means.

Bwaha, but remember that you probably have to talk with Shlig for anything other than the "base races."

And by "base races," I mean humans, Elves, Dwarves, Gnomes, Half-Elves, Half-Orcs, and Halflings.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 07:39 PM
crap... it wasn't in the book i thought it was in, (dragons of summer flame) but rather in another (draconian measures, or doom brigade) i should still be able to find it if you guys are interested but it will take awhile longer (tomorrow afternoon at earliest). they are a slightly over powered race so i'm not sure if using them would be completely fair anyways, and they are for the most part dark aligned. i'll give you the wiki schlig and you can decide from there: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Draconian_%28Dragonlance%29

note: found this on the DnD wiki but i don't think it was the original released, it also doesn't account for the subspecies abilities
http://www.dandwiki.com/wiki/Draconian_(DnD_Race)

Scrub
May 20, 2008, 07:41 PM
If you want a Draconian Race, play fucking Kobold.

Any other Dragon-Related player race is RETARDED. FACT.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 07:42 PM
i always assumed kobolds we're a bit on the dull side

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 07:48 PM
Oh, and that one program, send it to me if you could...

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 07:50 PM
what program? http://i144.photobucket.com/albums/r168/talonshadowfox/emoticons/14.gif

note: i think this is one of the draconian stats (there are four species if i remember correctly)
http://www.dlnexus.com/fan/rules/19549.aspx

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 07:51 PM
Can't right now. Also, there will be no dragon-blood anything. Kobold would be fine. I encourage sticking to base races though.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 07:54 PM
okay, i'll keep the info for the next campaign if you want it and an eye out for any other DnD stuff which might be helpful (i heard there is a kitsune race but its suppose to suck horribly)

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 08:01 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:54, TalonKitsune wrote:
okay, i'll keep the info for the next campaign if you want it and an eye out for any other DnD stuff which might be helpful (i heard there is a kitsune race but its suppose to suck horribly)

No. There isn't.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 08:03 PM
then i heard wrong, must have been a fan creation

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 08:03 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:51, Sgt_Shligger wrote:
Can't right now. Also, there will be no dragon-blood anything. Kobold would be fine. I encourage sticking to base races though.

So no dragon disciple->half-dragon, eh?

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 08:04 PM
thats pretty much draconian except draconians have several nasty side effects when they die

Rust
May 20, 2008, 10:00 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:42, TalonKitsune wrote:

You wouldn't say that after actually having to fight kobolds on Dungeon & Dragons Online. They got pretty painful shamans in their lairs. Much more painful than i would ever had expected.

On another note, i'm still in ; even with the fact there is that point buying system i really can't stand and that i won't be allowed to play as a neraph psychic warrior / elocater, but oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I'd like to know what's everyone going to play though in order to not make anything redundant in terms of role in the team (i kind of laughed when i wrote that utopic roleplaying word). Please tell me there is already a rogue... D°

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 10:11 PM
Who knows? Somebody's class was guessed a page or two back, but thats it...

EDIT:I'm leaning towards magic, but you shouldn't count on anything with me. I'm too prone to whims.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-20 20:13 ]</font>

Rust
May 20, 2008, 10:14 PM
I know there is a bard and a barbarian, for what i've read. I would just like to take on something different from the usual heavy-armored brute fighter or sneaky chaotic neutral bastard i'm usually playing... http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

EDIT : Might end up playing as a neutral good (ewww) cleric with an option to Radiant Servant of Pelor for good heals ; or for a specialized wizard.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rust on 2008-05-20 20:16 ]</font>

Scrub
May 20, 2008, 10:20 PM
I'm playing a Human Swashbuckler, but not buckling many swashes. Uses a single Pistol.

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 10:22 PM
Disclaimer:The closest I've come to D&D is KotoR, though from what I've seen thats pretty close. (Psuedo-real-time and on a computer, instead of more strictly turn-based, also d20)

I was looking at Sorcerer, but mostly because I'd rather be able to react on the fly.

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 10:29 PM
What, you mean I can't be half dragon half elf half orc half celestial orca whale half Corellon Larethian's bastard son? Damn. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Fact: Half of the creatures listed for the 'Summon Monster' spells have names that make me giggle, snicker, or just plain laugh my ass off.

I hate point buy because I can't blame the dice if my stats suck. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif That and I'll spend the next *insert time period* waffling and poking back and forth.

Though it's probably better for me this way, when I rolled some random ability scores to use to get a feel for filling out a character sheet a while back I got two 17s, a 15, two 13s and a 12, which means I'll probably never roll anything over a 13 again. >_>; (Let's use that as an array so I can be a half-*orc* bard instead of half-elf and still have almost reasonable stats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif *shot*)

So would a half-elf half-orc hate itself? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And yeah, decide on your classes damn it so I can try to be as non-redundant as possible. (Or as redundant as possible, depending)

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 10:45 PM
Ian. First rule. Never raise a stat over 14 in initial creation. Doesn't work to well... its inefficient when later stat boosts do not cost multiple points to move to 15, 16, etc. (I'm strentching here from Kotor, but... everything else has been the same)

EDIT:Second rule:Never leave anything under 10, so you have no penalties. Preferably, raise all stats to 12, then choose the three most important to 14.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-20 20:46 ]</font>

Toadthroat
May 20, 2008, 10:51 PM
Orc Ranger using dual-wielding pistols and a Bastard Sword, HUUUURRRRRRRRRR

Toadthroat
May 20, 2008, 10:53 PM
On 2008-05-20 20:45, Randomness wrote:
Ian. First rule. Never raise a stat over 14 in initial creation. Doesn't work to well... its inefficient when later stat boosts do not cost multiple points to move to 15, 16, etc. (I'm strentching here from Kotor, but... everything else has been the same)

EDIT:Second rule:Never leave anything under 10, so you have no penalties. Preferably, raise all stats to 12, then choose the three most important to 14.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-20 20:46 ]</font>

That doesn't apply to D&D 3.5 too well. 12-14 in all stats won't get you too far. You'd be mediocre at everything.
Depending on your class you ought to raise a few stats to 16-17, 18 if you're feeling brave.
Like a Rogue would definitely want INT, DEX, and possibly CHA or STR. Everything else you can skimp out on.

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 11:06 PM
I said I've never touched it before. I assume that means theres no stat gains with level up?

Scrub
May 20, 2008, 11:14 PM
One Ability Score point every 4 levels, I think.

Plus any magical equipment bonuses.

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 11:29 PM
No dragon descendant crap. At all.

Sord
May 21, 2008, 12:13 AM
On 2008-05-20 20:00, Rust wrote:

On 2008-05-20 17:42, TalonKitsune wrote:

You wouldn't say that after actually having to fight kobolds on Dungeon & Dragons Online. They got pretty painful shamans in their lairs. Much more painful than i would ever had expected.

On another note, i'm still in ; even with the fact there is that point buying system i really can't stand and that i won't be allowed to play as a neraph psychic warrior / elocater, but oh well. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
I'd like to know what's everyone going to play though in order to not make anything redundant in terms of role in the team (i kind of laughed when i wrote that utopic roleplaying word). Please tell me there is already a rogue... D°

I don't think anyone a rogue yet, in the past I played as a rogue halfling all the time, but I don't care for it anymore, and try something diffrent for FKL

oh yeah, fucking bards

http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z121/feisord/bards.jpg

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-20 22:15 ]</font>

Nai_Calus
May 21, 2008, 12:25 AM
Haha, yeah, that's the one. XD

Haha, that's what we need, two or three more bards and the invention of electricity and consequently the electric lute. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rust
May 21, 2008, 07:39 AM
Say hello to the most unreliable True Neutral necromancer (http://yellowrex.com/tools/pbcalc.php?str=5&dex=13&con=9&iq=15&wis=3&cha=7&str_mod=-2&dex_mod=0&con_mod=2&iq_mod=0&wis_mod=0&cha_mod=0&race=5) you ever seen.
You guys better make those fights not last longer than two rounds or i'll begin looting the corpses because of boredom. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

TalHex
May 21, 2008, 11:55 AM
if i was playing i'd probably be a druid

Sord
May 21, 2008, 01:04 PM
point buy system, shlig... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, make up your mind!

Tact
May 21, 2008, 02:07 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:04, Sord wrote:
point buy system, shlig... RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE, make up your mind!

He gave us enough points to do almost anything we want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sgt_Shligger
May 21, 2008, 04:34 PM
Point buy for sure. ENJOY THE CUSTOMIZATION.

Randomness
May 21, 2008, 04:38 PM
Too many options... Can't... decide... on anything...

Brain... overloaded...

*runs away*

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 05:34 PM
I feel I've been excluded unfairly from this gathering on the basis of my race. ._.

Tact
May 21, 2008, 05:36 PM
Astuarlen, being female doesn't mean you're of a different race. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-21 15:36 ]</font>

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 05:48 PM
Human: STR: 12 DEX: 13 CON: 12 INT: 13 WIS: 14 CHA: 14

just like Kight's of the old republic 2...

me guesses though that favoured soul would not be available though as it is not as basic... (general plan with that character would be to start out as a fighter then multiclassing to favoured soul and continue fighter... twas once suggested to be a good way of making Max via DnD)

Oh *sigh* if only I had time to play this game, however, I have never played before either

Tact
May 21, 2008, 05:50 PM
Shlig said earlier that he would try to discourage multiclassing. You may want to go with something else.

TalHex
May 21, 2008, 05:51 PM
summer is coming then i think we will all have a little bit more free time

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 05:58 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:50, Tact wrote:
Shlig said earlier that he would try to discourage multiclassing. You may want to go with something else.

Yeah like I said though I don't even have time and I've never played so I think I'd best stay out of this.
(by no time I mean I'm in university so it's not going to change anytime soone D: )

also as a tip for point buy it costs one point to buy for each bonus modifier that you have, but not less then one (example: you get to 14 and you have a modifer of +2 in that category so instead of one point to increase that category it would then cost 2 points to continue the build.

Also try to have some idea of where you are going with the character so you know where to put the stats and what the requirements for certain abilities are.

That's all kids http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif
*ride away into the sunset*

Nitro Vordex
May 21, 2008, 06:14 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:51, TalonKitsune wrote:
summer is coming then i think we will all have a little bit more free time

Indeed. I have too much stuff going on right now to play DnD, let alone learn how to play it. >_>

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 06:51 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:36, Tact wrote:
Astuarlen, being female doesn't mean you're of a different race. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

rock

Rust
May 21, 2008, 06:52 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:50, Tact wrote:

OH shii... *throws away the Archmagus prestige class*
Well, Shlig, you didn't updated my information on first page. I said i'm gonna be necromancer, and i even gave my stats. Necromancer with STR and WIS as friggin' dump stats. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Nai_Calus
May 21, 2008, 06:54 PM
On 2008-05-21 12:07, Tact wrote:

On 2008-05-21 11:04, Sord wrote:

He gave us enough points to do almost anything we want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Lies, I need 32 or 35 points to do what I want. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Hmm, we don't have a cleric, do we.

I'll be poking at this for days trying to decide on stats. >_>;

Along with trying to figure out why my computer is the only one in the house that hates the program we'll be using. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Tact
May 21, 2008, 06:57 PM
After hearing of you guys' misfortune, I'm thankful I stuck with what Shlig originally gave us for ability score values.

Also, a Cleric would help. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Rust
May 21, 2008, 06:57 PM
On 2008-05-21 16:54, Ian-KunX wrote:
Hmm, we don't have a cleric, do we.

Learn the cure spells. I predict that'll make you live longer.

EDIT : And i was going either for wizard or cleric, but definately, even with trying my best to play something different than what i usually do, i couldn't go for a neutral good cleric of Pelor, really.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Rust on 2008-05-21 17:00 ]</font>

Toadthroat
May 21, 2008, 07:17 PM
Rangers get a small helping of healing spells.
But don't expect me to use them on you.

Tact
May 21, 2008, 07:46 PM
On 2008-05-21 17:17, Toadthroat wrote:
Rangers get a small helping of healing spells.
But don't expect me to use them on you.

Way to help the party, man. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Nai_Calus
May 21, 2008, 09:40 PM
Yeah, I was planning on picking most of them up anyway, just in case, but if we don't have a cleric, I'm definitely getting all of them, assuming I live that long. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

It makes the selection of other spells easier, too. It doesn't matter what the hell they are, I'll probably never get to use them. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

And eh, I get my first heal spell a lot sooner than he does anyway. >_>;

Sgt_Shligger
May 21, 2008, 09:55 PM
No multiclassing :[

@Ast: It's alright to be rock. No one will hold it against you... But don't use this posting booth either. You can use the rock posting booth.

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 10:02 PM
I am kind of maybe interested in being a cleric, but I have a feeling I would mess things up and let everyone die (not on purpose, really!) 'cause it seems it would either be complicated (omg which buff shud I choose?) or incredibly boring (heal heal heal heal phew). Always wanted to be a sorceror, though. They have cool capes and make fireworks and whatnot. What we really need is some sort of technologically inclined class, considering the level of tech that's being made available. Like, alchemist or some sort of crafting class. What about a groupie class? Heroes need worship; it ups CON (though WIS, CHA, INT take a hit)...

Prepost edit: Hey, don't be a stinker, Shlig. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif Have you ever seen a rock cry? Do you want to?

Rust
May 21, 2008, 10:17 PM
Once i get leveled enough, i will probably heal myself with Vampiric Touch or stuff like that. Not like if i would get to survive any hit i'm going to take from monsters at lower levels anyways...
Another question : which books are we using for spell selection ? Like only PHB, or will the new spells from the four Complete books (Warrior, Arcane, Divine, Adventurer ; i know other ones have been released after that but i don't own any .pdf version of them http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif) be available as well ?

Sgt_Shligger
May 21, 2008, 10:19 PM
*EDIT*
We'll be sticking with PHB spells.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-05-21 20:19 ]</font>

NPCMook
May 24, 2008, 08:42 PM
Human: STR: 12 DEX: 13 CON: 12 INT: 13 WIS: 14 CHA: 14

just like Kight's of the old republic 2...

me guesses though that favoured soul would not be available though as it is not as basic... (general plan with that character would be to start out as a fighter then multiclassing to favoured soul and continue fighter... twas once suggested to be a good way of making Max via DnD)

Oh *sigh* if only I had time to play this game, however, I have never played before either pfft, Favored Soul only, they have Monk saves, a free weapon Specialization based on Diety, and get Wings with good maneuverability at level 17, the only draw back on a favored soul is they are basically a Divine Sorcerer... which means you get Spontaneous cast with your spells, but can only learn so many!

EDIT: Enjoy 3/3.5 Edition while you still can, 4th edition makes is nerd rage inducing appearance next month

Nai_Calus
May 24, 2008, 10:12 PM
Everything I hear about 4e gives me massive cases of the Do Not Wants.

Scrub
May 24, 2008, 10:35 PM
Fourth Edition is a myth.

NPCMook
May 24, 2008, 11:23 PM
Who knows perhaps Wizards/Hasbro is just a really great troll, and 4th edition will be good...

Randomness
May 24, 2008, 11:25 PM
Fourth Edition is a myth.

Tell that to the 20+ little table ads at my local gaming store...

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 01:44 AM
My Bard greatly objects to 4e, for obvious reasons.

Rust
May 25, 2008, 07:52 AM
I'll get my hands on a 4th edition PHB to see how it turned out (get my hands on the downloaded version, of course), but i'll stay on 3.5 whether the 4th is good or not. I didn't even finished to convert all the 3.5 stuff under my own rules and campaign setting, duh...

Tact
May 25, 2008, 12:15 PM
Since Shlig hasn't posted it yet, I've made a summary of what happened in the gaming session last night with me, Z-, Scrub, Ian, and someone whom I will refer to by their character name, Macc.[spoiler-box]

Really heavy storms forced the party into a dungeon.
Macc seemed to be the foolhardy adventurer-type, and he immediately started picking fights with the other characters thinking that they were the demon guards of the dungeon.
Ian calmed everybody down.
Three large stone doors fall inward, rats come out.
We win handily, with 3 kills from Z-, two each from Scrub and me, and one from Macc. Ian was bitten by the rats and got no kills.
In the next room, we ran into a spider. It liked to hide a lot on the dark ceiling. A natural 20 on my Spot check revealed the spider, and Macc immediately threw his bastard sword at it. Amazingly, it hit and killed the spider in that one attack.
A trapped treasure chest in the next room hit Macc and Z- with darts. Scrub dodged, and Ian and I were too far away to need a save.
Macc was disabled by an attack from two hobgoblins, and after some confusion, it turned out that I actually was not knocked out by Z-'s critical-failure attack roll. Scrub ended up kicking the hobgoblins' asses by himself.
[/spoiler-box]

Rust
May 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Wadafuck ? A session last night ?
Shlig, i wanna play ! D° *shakes fist*

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 12:25 PM
Nai didn't kill any of the rats. >_>; He just got bit by them. :disapprove:

Haha, using forum names makes it sound funny. I don't think I've ever calmed anything down in my life. >_>;

Tact
May 25, 2008, 12:36 PM
Huh? You didn't? I thought you would've at least stepped on one. I guess that's another kill for Scrub. *goes to edit his/her post*

Edit: I just realized I had the numbers added up incorrectly anyway. Scrub still had two kills, I think.

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 12:41 PM
Nope, I missed them every damned time. The first time I got bitten by a rat and missed the one I was trying to stomp, the second time I failed to manage to stomp on the same rat that was still humping my foot twice.

Tact
May 25, 2008, 12:43 PM
Ah, right, I remember that now. Shlig said something about how you weren't even moving and that it was just a rat. When you missed, he told you to roll again; you missed the second try also.

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 12:47 PM
Yeah. Epic fail, rofl. Poor Nai.

Tact
May 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
Well, you'll recover those two HP from the 8-hour rest the party is taking.

By the way, did I miss anything after I left?

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 12:51 PM
Yeah we laughed at you behind your back.

I'm only getting 1 HP back because I'm taking shifts with the other half-elf to play nursemaid to Macc.

I like how we're having nearly the same conversation in two different threads. :wacko:

Tact
May 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
Yeah we laughed at you behind your back.

:disapprove:

I'm only getting 1 HP back because I'm taking shifts with the other half-elf to play nursemaid to Macc.

You're a nice guy. Is he getting more HP recovery, then?

I like how we're having nearly the same conversation in two different threads. :wacko:

Yeah, so do I. :wacko:

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 01:00 PM
I was joking about the talking behind your back.

And no, Nai's a nice guy. I'd be like 'oh well zzzz'.

Tact
May 25, 2008, 01:03 PM
Good, so no talking behind my back. :wacko:

I also find it good that we get this rest time because I need to prepare my spell slots.

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 01:56 PM
Am I hopeless for filling out a paper character sheet for Nai as well?

Tact
May 25, 2008, 02:32 PM
Why would you want to fill out a paper character sheet? Are you going to use him in real-life DnD also?

Nai_Calus
May 25, 2008, 03:00 PM
Keep track of shit between sessions. *shrug*

Sord
May 27, 2008, 01:49 AM
Fucking shiggles, ending session out of fucking NO WHERE.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2008, 01:51 AM
AIM for finishing RP convos guys? Mine's Iankun X, we could make a chatroom

Sord
May 27, 2008, 04:55 AM
anyone want to fill me in on the religious convo between Ian and Scrub (sure, char might not have heard it, but I would like to read it.) A log file is fine if you have it, with the new boards you should be able to just make it an attachment on here (I'd honestly prefer the log file if anyone has it.) Wish we had that option back when we were on Fraxy.

I added my log to the post, in the event no one logs their chats, or shligger wants to read it or something.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2008, 06:25 AM
We didn't really say much after you left.

Edited with character names for IC speaking for those of you who weren't there/aren't playing. Mind you, knowing that Scrub's char is named Kaiden and mine is named Nai still isn't going to help you if you're not participating. [] is ooc.

[01:01:53] Axem Ranger Red: (Kaiden) You do not impose my beliefs onto you, Nai. You may believe what you wish.
[01:01:54] BlakJakofHearts: i honestly have nothing better to do]
[01:02:01] Axem Ranger Red: [beat off bro.]
[01:02:21] BlakJakofHearts: maybe]
[01:02:23] Iankun X: [Well you can come join us in our bickering]
[01:02:41] Iankun X: (Nai) I suppose so... Well, I'm sure you'll see for yourself someday.
[01:03:36] Iankun X: (Nai) But yes, that is my wish. To restore my uncle to life.
[01:05:04] Axem Ranger Red: (Kaiden) I'm sure you will succeed one day.
[01:05:25] Iankun X: (Nai) Indeed... If he'll come back to me...
[01:05:36] BlakJakofHearts: bai gaiz]
[01:05:40] Iankun X: [bai]
[01:05:47] *** BlakJakofHearts has left the chat.
[01:06:13] Iankun X: [So is Magnus around on deck yet]
[01:06:35] Jason7910: [Probably]
[01:06:50] Jason7910: [But I have no idea what's going on. Only that you two are fighting <_>]
[01:06:50] Iankun X: (Nai) Ahhh, Magnus! How are you?
[01:07:02] Iankun X: [We're not really fighting]
[01:07:12] Iankun X: [Just have a theological discussion]
[01:07:17] Jason7910: [Heh]
[01:07:31] Iankun X: [Nai believes rather strongly in the gods, so saying they're fake kind of sets him off]

(Anyway yeah Nai got all emo earlier because he's not used to being accused of anything. And no I am not personally butthurt about it. XP)

Sord
May 27, 2008, 03:07 PM
heh, ok then, thanks.

Maybe if bard boy could perform something like this I would respect his musical talents :wacko:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nai9iLQHfo0

edit: been listening to these guys quite awhile now, I like 'em. Have some damn good concerts.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2008, 08:53 PM
Heh, Nai would probably love that kind of music if someone invented it. XD

I kind of like it myself, actually.

Toadthroat
May 28, 2008, 04:21 PM
Btw 4E leaked.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 04:45 PM
Lame: Elf fluff, dragonborn, tiefling, warlord(fuck him where's my BARD), warlock(fuck him where's sorceror), enough with the fucking tieflings in the illustrations good god, while we're at it you can't tell what race anyone is in the art but dragonborn and tieflings.
Iffy: New alignment shit, rituals, why the FUCK does half-elf have +2 CON? Also we all know what epic destiny everybody is going to go for already.
Win: Eladrin, some of the paragon paths for some of the classes sound really fun. New arrangement of PHB makes 83,922,828 times more sense than 3E, PHB has some magical items now instead of having to dig in DMG for them all the damned time.

Mind you I just skimmed the PHB so far and not the DMG or MM so I can't comment on that.

Tact
May 28, 2008, 05:19 PM
Ugh, holy cow. I'm looking at this and they could use some better formatting on the powers and abilities. I can see what it does well enough, but they could at least make it look better. :disapprove:

Also...interesting stuff with powers.

Edit: Never mind, I see now where it says when you can use them.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 05:32 PM
wonder if people will just give 4e the finger and stick to 3e

Tact
May 28, 2008, 05:35 PM
Well, right now, I can say that I like Third Edition better. Then again, I do think that would be an early judgment. Once Fourth Edition is more established, I'll look again and see.

Edit: One thing I notice is that Fourth Edition critical hit threats work like the ones we use in our campaign. They're nonexistent. They pretty much have the same rule, saying that if you roll a high enough number, you get a critical hit without having to roll again.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 05:40 PM
Anyone currently playing 3e who's a class/race not in 4e yet, certainly. lol, I think almost our entire party is a no-go in 4e so far.

There's some stuff I like, but most of it could just be houseruled/converted. Hell, Eladrin is a gray elf without the -2 STR and -2 CON(Well, nobody has minuses anymore), weird eyes, different fluff and a teleport ability. (Even the fluff agrees with me and says they're sometimes called gray elves, lawl)

But yeah, ten to one everyone plays a tiefling infernal pact warlock and goes for demigod as an epic destiny so they can try to lawlz become gawdz

Tact
May 28, 2008, 05:48 PM
I just hope Sorcerors are cool in Fourth Edition. I like getting instant access to spells. :wacko:

Sord
May 28, 2008, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure what class and race is my favorite any more. Used to by halfling rogue, but I really like this dwarf barbarian of mine. I certainly don't like magic ones, as I hate managing all the spells. I would like to play a gnome however (a steampunk mechanic gnome!) but they always favored more towards spell based and using illusions ;/ GIVE ME MECHANICAL BASE DAMNIT. THEY ARE A CURIOUS AND INVENTIVE PEOPLE :rant:

Scrub
May 28, 2008, 06:01 PM
You could be a Warforged and PRETEND you're a gnome in a mech suit. hahaha.

Rust
May 28, 2008, 06:03 PM
Yeah, i really don't get why gnomes get a bonus on Craft (alchemy) rather than in something like Craft (explosives). I'd have liked to use my familiar crow as some kind of bombardier, dropping dynamite sticks i would have crafted on the enemies while i am casting spells some steps away from the battlefield. :wacko:

Sord
May 28, 2008, 06:15 PM
You could be a Warforged and PRETEND you're a gnome in a mech suit. hahaha.

you wouldn't happen to have, uh, access to the Eberron Campaign Setting by chance would you?

>>
<<

Tact
May 28, 2008, 06:17 PM
Ha, that would be awesome. Sord should definitely do that if we ever get to another campaign. :wacko:

Scrub
May 28, 2008, 06:18 PM
You can find their player stats in either Monster Manual 2 or 3, I forget which.

I think.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 06:19 PM
You can find their player stats in either Monster Manual 2 or 3, I forget which.

I think.

well, I have 2, don't think I have three. TO THE BOOKS!

nope, there's a warbeast in 2, no warforged though

I searched around, apparently they are in MM3, the one I don't have ;/

Rust
May 28, 2008, 10:01 PM
Yeah, they are in Monster Manual III. Though, it lacks some warforged specialties i think are only in Eberron Campaign Setting. Dungeons & Dragons Online takes place in Stormreach and use Eberron Campain Setting as such, and i'd say a warforged without any docent becomes quite ineffective in terms of defense at higher levels. The Monster Manual III got their traits and stats, along with the few feats available to them at first level (such as the mithral or adamantine body), but lacks the docents (makes sense as they are special and magic items, so they don't belong to a Monster Manual).

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 10:18 PM
Hay gaiz let's beat up shligg and put him on a caffeine IV drip so he'll always be awake when we want him.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 10:20 PM
Hay gaiz let's beat up shligg and put him on a caffeine IV drip so he'll always be awake when we want him.

afraid I have to get my sleep tonight though, that certification test is tomorrow. after that though, by all means let's do so.

NEVERMIND, it just dawned on me it's wednsday, not thursday.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 10:26 PM
Hel yeh.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 10:36 PM
shligger isn't on though, and he's in my timezone, so it's after 10:30 there, which means even if he were on, he wouldn't be for long probably. The reason he bolted earlier as he put it was "It was either get off or have dad kick my ass" or something along those lines. Schoolnights ;/

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 11:09 PM
Yeah, he said he was going to bed. That's why I suggested the caffeine drip.

Or we could turn him into an elf or something.

*sits around idly rolling a d20* Goddamn this d20 hates me. 10 rolls in a row under 10.

NPCMook
May 29, 2008, 06:45 AM
Being a powergamer and wanting to play the most odd-ball races, I'd join you guys, but I can't decide on a race or a class x.X

Edit: Also due to my work schedule I would only play on Friday's and Sunday's

Sord
May 29, 2008, 08:59 AM
Being a powergamer and wanting to play the most odd-ball races, I'd join you guys, but I can't decide on a race or a class x.X

Edit: Also due to my work schedule I would only play on Friday's and Sunday's

due to DM's school Friday and Saturday are about the only reliable ones for him to play.

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
Curse people and their lives.

Toadthroat
May 30, 2008, 07:49 PM
So hows about that next session guys? EH? EH?

Sord
May 30, 2008, 07:59 PM
go to Michigan and get Shligger's ass away from the Brewer's game

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
My new dice are making me geek. The geeking is unfathomable.

I should sit down one of these days and work out at least the skeletal basics to make H&H into a proper game. :wacko:

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 01:05 AM
My new dice are making me geek. The geeking is unfathomable.

I should sit down one of these days and work out at least the skeletal basics to make H&H into a proper game. :wacko:

H&H??

So today, I got my hands on the 4th Edition Core Rulebooks... and I am surprised its actually rather solid.

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 01:28 AM
Housewives and Hirelings. It's an in-joke. We were waiting for shligger to get ready for the session and I had Nai start setting up for the weekly game of it(Nevermind we'd all just met the day before). In it you play normal people doing normal things. Housewives trying to get stains out of clothing, teenagers looking for jobs and love, that kind of thing. Since no elven wizard is going to realistically sit around pretending to be an elven wizard when he IS one... Kind of like the idea of PSO characters playing PSO. It has such skills as Impress Opposite Sex and Mope. :wacko:

I torrented the PDFs that are floating around. It seems interesting, of course they killed every single class I wanted to play... XP I'd probably make an Eladrin Cleric if I were to start playing it. But what I really want is a Half-Eladrin Bard. :wacko: (Elves are boring now, fact. Eladrin are the new cool race, though they were cooler as celestials. :wacko: Though, I'd hit that male half-elf.)

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 03:36 AM
Housewives and Hirelings. It's an in-joke. We were waiting for shligger to get ready for the session and I had Nai start setting up for the weekly game of it(Nevermind we'd all just met the day before). In it you play normal people doing normal things. Housewives trying to get stains out of clothing, teenagers looking for jobs and love, that kind of thing. Since no elven wizard is going to realistically sit around pretending to be an elven wizard when he IS one... Kind of like the idea of PSO characters playing PSO. It has such skills as Impress Opposite Sex and Mope. :wacko:

I torrented the PDFs that are floating around. It seems interesting, of course they killed every single class I wanted to play... XP I'd probably make an Eladrin Cleric if I were to start playing it. But what I really want is a Half-Eladrin Bard. :wacko: (Elves are boring now, fact. Eladrin are the new cool race, though they were cooler as celestials. :wacko: Though, I'd hit that male half-elf.) Technically the Eladrin are Elves, only more into magic(yeah 4th edition has 3 Elf races for starting WTF!?) We'll just have to wait till PHB II for Bard... Hopefully T_T I think bards were taken out because with the new system they would have been far to awesome, they'd of had to of given them a new Role: AWESOME. Looking at Warlord it seems kind of like a Bard, infact most of the "Leader" roles seem to be more of a buffer than an actual leader

Multiclassing is 10x easier... its so easy a caveman could do it!:wacko:
It seems that 4th edition was built soley on Powergaming... an Additonal Feat every 2 and 10 levels, +1 to two ability scores at levels 4, 8, 14, 18, 24, and 28 and a +1 to all Ability Scores at level 11 and 21. Fortitude/Reflex/Will Mods are too simple; Fortitude is STR or CON which ever is the higher one, Reflex is DEX or INT, and Will is WIS or CHA. Yeah, in my opinion breaking a character is just far to easy now...

Also the one thing that stood out to me was a Level 6 Fighter can take an Utility Exploit for +10 on initative checks... WHAT!?

EDIT: Your game(H&H) should use Percentiles... because the percentile die doesn't get used at all thanks to the d20 system T_T

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 05:56 AM
Yeah, I know, Eladrin and Elves(and Drow) are supposed to have all been orginally the same race, except elves split off and became LAME and the Eladrin are the magical sissy fairies now. (Well, Eladrin are the new Gray Elves, except not hopelessly fucking crippled at anything physical like Grey Elves were thanks to a lack of having -2 to fucking everything.)

I'd actually probably houserule the 4e ability score increases into 3.5 if I were DMing, just because the 3.5 style seems unrealistic to me since I'm probably not ever going to increase anything but the one stat. So I'm, say, L30, fighting shit most people have never heard of and wouldn't want to on a regular basis, I've probably travelled all over the world and outside of it as well, done all kinds of shit, and I still can't lift more than a hundred pounds? (Yeah, yeah, magical items, stuff shit in a BOH or H3 or whatever, still silly.)

Besides, if it ends up with stuff being too easy for the PCs, just throw harder monsters at them. <_> Or get them in worse trouble than just monsters. <_>

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 07:08 AM
Well in the MM they do give you sample encounters for your PCs

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 11:30 AM
did i hear somebody say might and magic? *ears perk up*

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 11:33 AM
No. gbt/b/.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:34 AM
No. tits or gtfo.
Fix'd.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 11:39 AM
did i hear somebody say boobs? *ears perk up*

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 11:40 AM
http://www.iankunx.net/bullshit.jpg

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 11:42 AM
http://i304.photobucket.com/albums/nn168/Vader_is_a_Leafs_fan23/bush-lord-of-the-rings.jpg

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 11:43 AM
...Yeah I guess that works.

Tact
May 31, 2008, 11:43 AM
I call bull on that picture. If he really had the One Ring on, he would be invisible.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:45 AM
Llllllloooooooooooooolllllll.

*steals fake ring*

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 11:46 AM
The letters also don't show unless you throw it into a fire.

...Kill me now.

Damn it I'm bored Tact IM me or something.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 11:50 AM
not all people turn invisible when they wear the ring, (the beginning of the first movie shows that, at it tells you in the first book)

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 02:21 PM
You're making sense stop it.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 02:24 PM
plus when its creator wears the ring, the words do show (i'm to lazy to look up how to spell the name and its been too long since i last read them), anyways bush could either be the creator in disguise (they mentioned it had other powers then just invisibility) or he could have just stuck his hand in the fire

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 02:52 PM
Stooooooooooooooooooooooop iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit.

Nai_Calus
May 31, 2008, 02:55 PM
He's spamming our semi-non-spammy spam.

...I think my head just exploded.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 02:58 PM
fear my logic!

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
Chocolate brain sex!

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 03:04 PM
*logic face palm!*

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 03:14 PM
Stop spamming in this topic. This topic isn't intended for everyone to crack LotR jokes and discuss anything related to it. This thread is for discussion of the DnD game and if you're not interested in joining at least contribute in some fashion to the topic. If not, don't post.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 03:15 PM
You should be here more often Shligger, as they've been getting antsy for not playing D&D.

FACT!

Sord
May 31, 2008, 03:39 PM
Stop spamming in this topic. This topic isn't intended for everyone to crack LotR jokes and discuss anything related to it. This thread is for discussion of the DnD game and if you're not interested in joining at least contribute in some fashion to the topic. If not, don't post.

you mean the DnD game you haven't been working on as of late?

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 04:52 PM
you mean the DnD game you haven't been working on as of late?

Don't get spoiled. It's going to be very uncommon for me to be able to fit in more then one campaign a week. We'll probably be hosting campaigns on Saturdays or Sundays (the latter if everyone is available). I like playing but I can't just do it any time. We just started last week.

Sord
May 31, 2008, 04:53 PM
Don't get spoiled. It's going to be very uncommon for me to be able to fit in more then one campaign a week. We'll probably be hosting campaigns on Saturdays or Sundays (the latter if everyone is available). I like playing but I can't just do it any time. We just started last week.

BS

*holds you to impossible standards*

Randomness
May 31, 2008, 05:02 PM
Well, I'd like to join in on it if I can get some help with getting started, basic rules, etc.

That first page link is more reference material than help...

Sord
May 31, 2008, 05:08 PM
Dude, if we haven't bothered to teach you by now considering how many times you've said that (or maybe I'm confusing you with someone else) then I think that means we aren't going to be teaching you. Find a PHB on the web and read the damn thing, I don't think any of us jumped directly into this completely clueless, we all did some actual reading of our own. At least read through character creation (race, class, and at least core skills for the class you choose) and combat basics. You don't have to memorize it, but give yourself an idea.

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 05:48 PM
Agreeing with Sord on this. It's not that we don't want you around but look at it this way: I'm DM. I'm still learning the ropes on things but I'm getting better. I've taught a few players the system and most didn't join. I'm not going to keep teaching players and randomly handing out data just because someone doesn't want to do it themselves. I've got enough work managing six players and if a seventh wants to join in he better have an idea how things work. We can teach you a lot in game but you're going to learn the basics outside of the game.

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 06:19 PM
You could always just point them to me o.O I know a little more than the basics... Or are you afraid I'll corrupt him into a powergamer? Won't matter since 4th Edition makes that so easy

Sord
May 31, 2008, 07:41 PM
You could always just point them to me o.O I know a little more than the basics... Or are you afraid I'll corrupt him into a powergamer? Won't matter since 4th Edition makes that so easy

You barely even post as is, which leads you to rarely coming to mind. No offense. Plus, how were we to know you'd be willing to teach?

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 07:51 PM
I taught Shligger a bit, and Van Halen some too

I rarely post because usually when I do post the thread just dies o.O

Sord
May 31, 2008, 07:52 PM
ah, you don't know by chance if any book covers naval combat do you, as in ships fighting ships and such?

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 08:01 PM
Complete Warrior, Complete Adventurer or Arms and Equipment Guide. One of those covers naval warfare.

Randomness
May 31, 2008, 08:03 PM
My apologies for being oblivious. Firing up google...

EDIT:And nothing thats not a torrent.

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 09:15 PM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stormwrack

Wouldn't Stormwarck give better examples of naval war-fare?

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 09:19 PM
@Mook

I was just quoting books I might have saw it in because I know there's something about naval warfare in one of the three books I mentioned.

Rust
May 31, 2008, 09:46 PM
So where do i get that Fantasy Ground thing ? So i could at least be set with my character stats in the case someone actually would care to let me know there is a session taking place next time. :wacko:
I feel a bit like i've been kicked out of the party before it even started, to be honest.

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 11:28 PM
@Mook

I was just quoting books I might have saw it in because I know there's something about naval warfare in one of the three books I mentioned.

ha ha, didn't mean anything, I just remember the wilderness books also, they are interesting

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:05 PM
Bumping. Session should be on Saturday everyone.

Larian
Jun 4, 2008, 10:24 PM
what time will it start...I would love to get in this...

Peeze! =D

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 4, 2008, 10:29 PM
If you are interested send me a message on AIM ;o