PDA

View Full Version : FKL Adventure: The Tools of the Master Thief (Game Thread)

Pages : [1] 2 3

Tact
May 19, 2008, 08:39 PM
Everybody, here are the rules for my second FKL game and my first FKL Adventure.

Rules:
[spoiler-box]The Situation:
The king of your kingdom has decided to use his money and manpower to pursue a rumor of the Tools of the Master Thief. These tools are said to be able to open any door, no matter how complex the lock is. As adventurers, you have been charged by the king to enter the perilous cave where the Tools are purportedly hidden and retrieve them.

The Goal:You can win in two different ways. First, you can collect the Tools of the Master Thief and escape the cave. Second, you can be the last surviving player.

Time: You take the usual three actions per round. Contingency plans for one action are fine; a paragraph of contingency planning will be mostly ignored. I will update each round at 8:00 PM, CST, or before that if everyone posts their actions. If you do not post within the deadline, you forfeit your actions for the round.

Movement: It will take you an action to attempt the exploration of a new space on the grid. You can move to any already-explored space on the grid as part of another action. (Example: Go here and then fight whatever's there.)

Abilities: You can do what a human could reasonably do. It doesn’t matter if you’re a kitsune, an elf, or even an interdimensional, all-powerful being. You’re still limited to human actions.

Magic: Seeing as this is more of a medieval fantasy setting, you will be able to find spellbooks to aid you. Each spellbook has only enough power for a certain number of spells, and spells that are too powerful will cost you.

Health: Everyone has 10 HP, maximum. Injuries, of course, will lower your HP. If you reach zero HP exactly, you are disabled (sort of like in DnD). A disabled player can still move around at a normal pace and search for food/weaponry. However, they cannot fight or attempt any extraordinary movements. If you drop below 0 HP, you are dead. Players naturally recover 1 HP per round, more if they find and use a healing potion.

Food: Yep, you’re back to eating every five turns. If you’re starving, your maximum HP will drop by 1 for each round you spend starving.

The Monsters: Some of the monsters here are said to have special traits that normal humans do not. If you slay one of these monsters and eat its corpse, perhaps you can gain some of these traits (like in NetHack). Eating these monsters will also count as food for the purposes of not starving to death. Unless I specifically say that it’s a bad idea to eat a certain monster’s corpse, it’s edible.

The Map: You don’t get a map yet, because nobody really knows the interior structure of the cave. Every round, I'll update your map based on exploration.

Items: You are adventurers, so it’s only fair to start you off with basic equipment. By “equipment,” I mean weapons and armor, not potions and spellbooks. However, just about anything else you find will be better.[/spoiler-box]

The Map:
[spoiler-box]http://img254.imageshack.us/img254/5321/thieftoolsmapzh6.png[/spoiler-box]

After the twelve of you are given your quest by the King, he sends you off. You gather your equipment and head out. You arrive three days later, at sunset. You all set up your tents and eat the last of your travel rations.

"I told you we should have packed more." Britt said.
"Can't you fit just about anything in that bag, though?" Replied Sord.
"Nope. It's just a normal purse."

In the morning, the group breaks camp. The tents come down and the armor is donned. You're all ready to go, even if you're a little uncertain as to what's going to happen.

Everyone, post your first three actions of the game. If you do not post your actions by 8:00 Central time, you forfeit your actions for the round.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-19 18:43 ]</font>

SStrikerR
May 19, 2008, 08:42 PM
1) Search for food.
2) Head into the first room of the cave
3) search for a weapon

Sord
May 19, 2008, 08:45 PM
1. forage around first for edible nuts and berries to hold onto
2. cautiously enter cave, watching for traps
3. search space 5C

VanHalen
May 19, 2008, 08:52 PM
1. Find food
2. slowly enter cave
3. examine space 5B

Airalean
May 19, 2008, 08:53 PM
1) Search for food, maybe some small animal
2)Go with Sord to space 5c
3)Talk to a rock

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brittanyy on 2008-05-19 19:19 ]</font>

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 08:54 PM
1. enter the cave
2. search room for weapons (i'm indifferent to weapons at this point)
3. sit down and watch the others, maybe groom tail

Tact
May 19, 2008, 08:55 PM
On 2008-05-19 18:53, Brittanyy wrote:
3)Get everyone prepared with food and weapons for the adventure

Everyone starts out with short swords and light leather armor. One thing I have to ask, though, is how are you going to give everybody food from one small animal?

Sgt_Shligger
May 19, 2008, 08:55 PM
1: Enter cavern behind Sord, room 5C.
2: Search for rope.
3: Search for a hook or other jagged metal item and securely tie it onto the end of the rope.

Airalean
May 19, 2008, 09:00 PM
On 2008-05-19 18:55, Tact wrote:

On 2008-05-19 18:53, Brittanyy wrote:
3)Get everyone prepared with food and weapons for the adventure

Everyone starts out with short swords and light leather armor. One thing I have to ask, though, is how are you going to give everybody food from one small animal?

Get several small animals. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 09:04 PM
Teacher, I have three questions before I can begin:

Health:A disabled player can still move around at a normal pace and search for food/weaponry. However, they cannot fight or attempt any extraordinary movements.
1. Is sex an extraordinary movement? I think it would be especially useful for morale and also important in case of sudden end-of-the-world scenarios.

2. Can we explore outside the cave?

3. Can we interact directly with other players (that is, can I talk with other players on my own, etc?)

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-05-19 19:05 ]</font>

Sord
May 19, 2008, 09:05 PM
question, as per conversations "in game" so to speak, do we just say something like "discuss [whatever]" as an action, or can we just talk with whomever. For example, laying out a plan (you search, you explore, etc.) if we chose to do such a thing.

Tact
May 19, 2008, 09:07 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:04, astuarlen wrote:
1. Is sex an extraordinary movement? I think it would be especially useful for morale and also important in case of sudden end-of-the-world scenarios.

3. Can we interact directly with other players (that is, can I talk with other players on my own, etc?)

1. Uh...I'm going to say yes.

2. Yes.

3, and Sord: You can post anything you wish in the ways of conversation without using actions. I assume you can talk to people while doing other things.

Toadthroat
May 19, 2008, 09:08 PM
1. Wait till someone finds food and steal thier's and anything else they have
2. Search outside of cave for helpful herbs and the like
3. Repeat #2

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toadthroat on 2008-05-19 19:14 ]</font>

Airalean
May 19, 2008, 09:11 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:07, Tact wrote:

On 2008-05-19 19:04, astuarlen wrote:

1. Uh...I'm going to say yes.

2. Yes.

3, and Sord: You can post anything you wish in the ways of conversation without using actions. I assume you can talk to people while doing other things.

What if it really tried sex? Like no energy? Like we've been married for 40 years it's down hill now kinda sex?

Can I make conversation with a rock? Also, is this all serious business or can we joke a tad?

Tact
May 19, 2008, 09:13 PM
You can joke around a bit, but realize that I'm still going to be serious with results. That means you shouldn't joke with anything potentially life-threatening, such as attempting to make conversation with a clearly angry dragon.

Airalean
May 19, 2008, 09:15 PM
Well, rocks arn't to angry right? Ill talk to a rock.

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 09:16 PM
and what ever you do don't eat a plot hole! or jump off a ten story building at a sea monster

Tact
May 19, 2008, 09:19 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:15, Brittanyy wrote:
Well, rocks arn't to angry right? Ill talk to a rock.

Last time I checked, normal rocks don't have feelings.

Airalean
May 19, 2008, 09:21 PM
I'm so going to bring it to life..... somehow....... Hope it can't pee, I don't feel like cleaning that up http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 09:25 PM
brit i'm pretty sure rocks can't pee... or eat... well unless they are really golems... but thats not really a rock and they are animated creatures so they have no reason to eat... why am i talking about this?

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 09:26 PM
Since it appears we are allowed to converse freely without consuming actions, I am proposing a strategic alliance involving the exchange of food, information, and bodily fluids (unless you're out of HP, sorry) for our mutual advantage. Please be aware that my avatar is very loyal, very reliable (but not predictable!), and very desirable.

Anyway, actions:

1. Scout the area above the cave for alternate entrances.
2. Offer very, very sincere prayers to the deity in charge of unlikely adventures (and awesome swag hidden in caves) for their blessing and inspiration.
3. Collect fibrous materials.

Edit: Question!:
Since I will probably succumb to death rather quickly, may our ghosts haunt/mess with the remaining adventurers?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-05-19 19:28 ]</font>

TalHex
May 19, 2008, 09:31 PM
disclaimer: I'm like the kitsune of stories minus the powers, i have my own moral rules that i follow, i may save you from the brink of death but be sure i will collect my due (last game ended before i could collect) or i may side with the enemy, ask for my alliance only if you are sure that you can hold sway over me. overall warning: be careful of your alliances

TheOneHero
May 19, 2008, 09:42 PM
1. Search for berries/nuts.
2. Follow astuarlen.
3. Make sure she knows how pretty she is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Randomness
May 19, 2008, 09:45 PM
1-Forage for any extra edibles
2-Look around entrance of cave for any goodies left by previous adventurers fleeing in terror
3-Scout the first cave sqaure (C-5)

Disclaimer:I'm prone to acting on whims, though I can be generous... for a price. (See Talon's disclaimer) I'm also prone to acting the hero. Possibly. It depends on whether I see it as a sane heroic deed.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-19 19:49 ]</font>

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2008, 10:47 PM
1)Look around outside the cave for clues on the tools.
2)Mutter something about not dying.
3)Search for a weapon inside 5C.

pikachief
May 19, 2008, 10:57 PM
1)Walks into grid area 5C
2)Examines area for weapons
3)Prays she didn't miss the cutoff time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Nitro Vordex
May 19, 2008, 10:58 PM
On 2008-05-19 20:57, pikachief wrote:
Prays he didn't miss the cutoff time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Sord
May 19, 2008, 11:06 PM
On 2008-05-19 20:58, Nitro_Vordex wrote:

On 2008-05-19 20:57, pikachief wrote:
Prays he didn't miss the cutoff time http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

if he meants 8pm tonight, you did

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-19 21:08 ]</font>

pikachief
May 19, 2008, 11:07 PM
On 2008-05-19 21:06, Sord wrote:

On 2008-05-19 20:47, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
1)Look around outside the cave for clues on the tools.
2)Mutter something about not dying.
3)Search for a weapon inside 5C.

if he meants 8pm tonight, you did

wrong post XD

and yea http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif but heres to hoping he'll be merciful http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

Sord
May 19, 2008, 11:09 PM
On 2008-05-19 21:07, pikachief wrote:
wrong post XD

woops http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

PhotonDrop
May 19, 2008, 11:19 PM
1) Search for nuts and berries.
2) Keep an eye on the shadier members of our group.
3) Enter the cave.

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 11:27 PM
On 2008-05-19 19:42, TheOneHero wrote:
1. Search for berries/nuts.
2. Follow astuarlen.
3. Make sure she knows how pretty she is. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

I like chocolate-covered strawberries. :3

Toadthroat
May 19, 2008, 11:28 PM
I bet Astuarlen turns out to be a witch.
Or better yet. SOME SORTA SUCCUBUS.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Toadthroat on 2008-05-19 21:28 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 11:30 PM
Don't lump me in with those Shin threads.
*bats eyelashes*

Toadthroat
May 19, 2008, 11:35 PM
Whats a Shin thread?

astuarlen
May 19, 2008, 11:46 PM
A mess of contradictions, witches, and Toyota.

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 12:54 AM
You forgot the :E

Oh how I wish I could. But some things cannot be purged from the mind.

Eihwaz
May 20, 2008, 12:58 AM
Shit. I knew I forgot something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Tact, is there any chance of me getting in on this?

TheOneHero
May 20, 2008, 01:27 AM
Make Wazzy a demon!

Nai_Calus
May 20, 2008, 03:53 AM
Make Wazzy a hamburger!

...What? I'm hungry.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 05:03 AM
On 2008-05-19 22:58, Eihwaz wrote:
Shit. I knew I forgot something. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

I'm sorry, man, but people beat you out. I'm going to have to be pretty strict with the "12 people rule" because writing things up for 8 people was already pretty annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Also, by the time I told you guys to post actions, it was already past 8:00 PM Central. Whenever I say to make posts by 8:00 Central, I always mean the next day. All of you are okay in terms of time.

Edit: Except you, Pikachief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif You didn't even get onto the sign-up list. See what I wrote for Eihwaz above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-20 03:06 ]</font>

Eihwaz
May 20, 2008, 05:09 AM
Shit.

Oh well, I'll just watch from the shadows or something equally cliché. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Out_Kast
May 20, 2008, 10:07 AM
The hell?
When did this start? ._.

Edit: Curse you, wretched time zones! *shakes fist*

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Out_Kast on 2008-05-20 08:09 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 10:44 AM
You can be my pet sock puppet, Out_Kast. If that's okay with Tact, of course.

pikachief
May 20, 2008, 12:18 PM
On 2008-05-20 03:03, Tact wrote:

On 2008-05-19 22:58, Eihwaz wrote:

I'm sorry, man, but people beat you out. I'm going to have to be pretty strict with the "12 people rule" because writing things up for 8 people was already pretty annoying. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Also, by the time I told you guys to post actions, it was already past 8:00 PM Central. Whenever I say to make posts by 8:00 Central, I always mean the next day. All of you are okay in terms of time.

Edit: Except you, Pikachief. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif You didn't even get onto the sign-up list. See what I wrote for Eihwaz above.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-20 03:06 ]</font>

oh dam, i get off this site or 2 DAYS and look what happens again!

Out_Kast
May 20, 2008, 12:37 PM
On 2008-05-20 08:44, astuarlen wrote:
You can be my pet sock puppet, Out_Kast. If that's okay with Tact, of course.

That sounds good to me!
Make sure to take care of me ~~

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 01:31 PM
You're gonna be famous, baby.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 02:56 PM
Yeah, sure, fine. OutKast can be a sock puppet.

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]You search for food, but you don’t find anything just lying around outside.
You enter the cave. The first section is just a bunch of dirt, illuminated by glowing crystals. A tunnel goes to the left and another goes to the right.
You look for a weapon and find a slightly rusty greataxe.

Inventory:
Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe
Hunger: 1[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]You search for food and accidentally step on a small bird while looking around. You remorselessly pick up its slightly-squished corpse.
You enter the cave, looking around for traps. You don’t find anything in the area.
Space 5C of the cave is illuminated by glowing crystals. In the corner of the area, you find a skeleton. It looks like it was holding something, but that something is gone now.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person)

Van:
[spoiler-box]You also look for food, but you don’t find anything either.
You follow Sord into the cave, keeping your distance in case he triggers any traps. Nothing happens.
You examine grid space 5B. As you enter, you notice a skeleton in front of you with a rather large hole through its skull. You decide that it would be a good idea to turn back or to be careful.

Inventory:
Leather Armor, Short Sword

Brittanyy and Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]Brittanyy goes off into a nearby clearing and sees a rock on the ground.
“Hello, Mr. Rock!” She exclaims cheerfully. “How are you today?”
The rock doesn’t respond.
“…Oh. It’s just one of those days, huh? Well, do you want to help me get some food? You do!? Thanks, Mr. Rock!”
Brittanyy picks up Mr. Rock and throws him at a couple of nearby squirrels. Mr. Rock collides with one squirrel’s head, killing it instantly. Brittanyy goes for the other squirrel, leaving the first one there for now.
Toadthroat sneakily follows Brittanyy to the clearing and waits for her to leave. He picks up the first squirrel corpse and waits for Brittanyy to come back. Brittanyy does come back, walking backwards and looking for any other prey for Mr. Rock. She runs into Toadthroat.
*WHOOSH* *SLAP* Brittanyy hits Toadthroat across the face with the flat of her short sword. Brittanyy leaves him there in his misery and goes back to the cave.
Toadthroat looks around for any helpful herbs, but he doesn’t find anything.

Brittanyy’s Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Squirrel (Feeds 1 person)
Hunger: 1

Toadthroat’s HP: 7/10
Toadthroat’s Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Squirrel (Feeds 1 person)

Talon:
[spoiler-box]You follow everybody else into the cave. As you walk, you feel that one spot in the dirt has a little less structural integrity than it should.
You look for weapons and take the skeleton’s femur.
You sit down on a short, flat crystal and groom your tail.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur

Shlig:
[spoiler-box]You walk into the cave along with the rest.
You look around for some rope and find some on the skeleton.
You search the skeleton’s possessions for a hook, but you can’t find one.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rope

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]You look around the cave for other entrances, flaunting your appearance the entire time. You don’t find any other entrances.
You kneel and pray to the God of Treasure-Laden Caves and the God of Strange Adventures.
You find some tall grass nearby and pick some of it.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass

TOH:
[spoiler-box]You search for berries and find some on a bush.
You follow Astuarlen.
“So, did you know you have a Charisma score of 21?” (That’s pretty high.)

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Handful of Berries (Feeds 1 person)

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]You look around for some food, but you don’t find anything.
You closely examine the entrance of the cave. Everything looks normal.
You enter the cave and find the same sight that everyone else sees.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]You look around the cave’s entrance for clues about the Tools. The cave’s entrance looks pretty intimidating.
You mutter something about not dying this time.
You look for a weapon in space 5C and find a sharp shard of glowing crystal.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Sharp Crystal Shard

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]You look around for food and notice that TOH has found some berries. You go over and pick more berries from the same bush.
You notice Toadthroat going off after Brittanyy. “Meh, she’ll be fine.”
You enter the cave along with everybody else.

New Map:
[spoiler-box]http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/5144/round1mapsh1.png[/spoiler-box]

And thus, it starts. Post actions for the next round.

SStrikerR
May 20, 2008, 03:20 PM
1) Walk into room D5
2) Search for traps
3) Kill a nearby zombie (if there's one there)

Edit: Oh and Go Brit! Cut that toad's throat!

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Ryan113 on 2008-05-20 13:21 ]</font>

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 03:42 PM
1-Examine the odd spot in the cave wall (That Talon found, I'm assuming he wasn't silent or anything)
2-Scout B-5
3-If safe, look for weaponry, otherwise, flee back to C-5.

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 03:44 PM
Hey, TOH, want to share those berries? PD, you can join in too. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Question: Is an explored room one which has been marked on the map or does one entered by another character during the current round count? As in, since Ryan went into D5, can I go there without wasting an action?
Also, how are we supposed to sneak up on other characters if they can read our actions in advance? ._. Not that I'm, uh, planning on stealing, spooking, or giving anyone suprise noogies.

Out_Kast
May 20, 2008, 03:45 PM
1, 2 & 3 - Talk to Ast, baby.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 03:48 PM
On 2008-05-20 13:44, astuarlen wrote:
Question: Is an explored room one which has been marked on the map or does one entered by another character during the current round count? As in, since Ryan went into D5, can I go there without wasting an action?
Also, how are we supposed to sneak up on other characters if they can read our actions in advance? ._. Not that I'm, uh, planning on stealing, spooking, or giving anyone suprise noogies.

Only the first person entering a room has to use an action to enter it. So yes, you can enter D5 as well without using an action.

As for sneaking up on people...tough luck? Just post last so nobody can read your post before they make actions.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Tact on 2008-05-20 13:48 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 03:53 PM
Astuarlen: Hey, Socky.
Out_Kast: Hey, Astua--ey, don't call me Socky. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif
A: Sorry, Sockyboo, I thought you liked it when I called you by your pet name. Maybe you would prefer Socksockman? Sockerdoodledoo? Sockaro--
SockyOK: Dammit, Woman, this isn't dignified! When will you give me the respect I deserve? You know, you're just damn lucky you have me around, at all. I mean, I'm a pretty important guy. I've got lots of places to go and people to feet. Meet. God blast it!
A: Blah blah blah. You know what, Mister Sock-for-brains? You're on foot duty for the rest of the day.
._.

Edit:
Tact: Why do you hate suprises? Why do you want to ruin Christmas? Why do you hate The Little Children so?
Look, now you've made them cry.
;-;
;-;
;-;
But I do like the free move thang. Rock on, baby.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-05-20 13:55 ]</font>

TheOneHero
May 20, 2008, 03:54 PM
1. make love to give some berries to astuarlen.
2. Search for other edibles.
3. Search for monster tracks.

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 03:57 PM
Thank you, M. TOH. You are a true gentleman, and I shall not forget your kindness.
Tell me, do you fancy socks?

Out_Kast: mphgrbbfl

Sord
May 20, 2008, 04:02 PM
after seeing Nitro find a fragment of the glowing crystal I try to obtain a large peice for lighting

1. find a shard for myself
2. atempt to break one a large peice with a rock laying around
3. do action 2 again, even if both 1 and 2 do suceed.

Extra crystal shards/peice will be stored as weapons or material, and the largest (or only) one will be a light source

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-20 14:06 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 04:18 PM
1. Collect bones from the skeleton.
2. Cautiously follow Ryan, keeping eyes peeled for anything I can take that is not attached permanently to the cave surface--walls, floor, or ceiling.
3. Sit in a safe place and listen for peculiar sounds or echos, such as those caused by water or strange air currents, while casting bones for divination purposes.

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 04:20 PM
*EDIT*

"Curse you Ast and your bone collecting! Oh well, it's off to the left..."

1: From the entrance at C5/B5, use rope to lasso and tug the skeleton into C5.
2: Take his femurs and carve both together into a strong and resilient, if not deadly, grappling hook.
3: Tie this hook onto the end of the rope.

"Sord, I've got your skull right here!"

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sgt_Shligger on 2008-05-20 14:32 ]</font>

Sord
May 20, 2008, 04:26 PM
Yay skull

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-20 14:34 ]</font>

Out_Kast
May 20, 2008, 04:35 PM
*mumbles something about lack of respect*

Sgt_Shligger
May 20, 2008, 04:44 PM
"Skulls for the skull thr-- lanterns!"

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 04:47 PM
1) pray to the goddess of the hunt for protection
2) enter 5D
3) search for a ranged weapon

astuarlen
May 20, 2008, 05:05 PM
On 2008-05-20 14:35, Out_Kast wrote:
*mumbles something about lack of respect*

Keeping my feet toasty is an old an noble calling.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 05:12 PM
1)Examine skeleton closely (with sword at the ready).
2)Try to find something in the ground using the sword by poking at the ground.
3)Travel to 5D.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 05:25 PM
On 2008-05-20 15:12, Nitro_Vordex wrote:
1)Examine skeleton closely (with sword at the ready).

Which one? There are currently two skeletons that you guys have seen.

Nitro Vordex
May 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
The one with a hole in it's head.

Toadthroat
May 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
Question: Is there anyway to restore HP? ;~;

1) Throw a piece of dead squirrel into B5 to make sure no nasties are hiding there.
2) If no nasties are there, examine B5. If there are, flee to D5
3) Keep eyes peeled for anything shiny or useful.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 05:42 PM
On 2008-05-20 15:41, Toadthroat wrote:
Question: Is there anyway to restore HP? ;~;

Did you read the game rules carefully?

Toadthroat
May 20, 2008, 05:43 PM
Oh ok I missed that part. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/blush.gif

VanHalen
May 20, 2008, 07:32 PM
1- examine hole in skull
2- team up with any person(strength in numbers yeah?)
3- talk to said person

SStrikerR
May 20, 2008, 07:52 PM
On 2008-05-20 17:32, VanHalen wrote:
1- examine hole in skull
2- team up with the lonely Ryan(strength in numbers yeah?)
3- talk to said person

Sounds good.

Sord
May 20, 2008, 07:59 PM
everyone examine the hole in mah skull lantern ;-;

Ketchup345
May 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
Why is 5B not mapped? Van was there.

PhotonDrop
May 20, 2008, 08:09 PM
1) Enter B5.
2) Search for a nice sturdy shield.
3) Continue being on guard.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 08:25 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:09, Ketchup345 wrote:
Why is 5B not mapped? Van was there.

He only saw the beginning of it. He didn't go any farther than that.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 08:28 PM
is the cave actually bigger then the grid and we are only seeing a small portion of it or is that the whole thing?

Airalean
May 20, 2008, 08:29 PM
1) Go by Astuarlen to pick grass, then tie it into a pretty bow to put on the squirrels head.
2) Make a fake mirror from grass and sticks to give to astuarlen to check her imaginary appearance.
3) Enter Cave, staying behind everyone els, being cautions, looking for crystals. (lot's of ,'s)

Tact
May 20, 2008, 08:31 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:28, TalonKitsune wrote:
is the cave actually bigger then the grid and we are only seeing a small portion of it or is that the whole thing?

That is the entire cave, Talon.

SStrikerR
May 20, 2008, 08:31 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:29, Brittanyy wrote:
1) Go by Astuarlen to pick grass, then tie it into a pretty bow to put on the squirrels head.
2) Make a fake mirror from grass and sticks to give to astuarlen to check her imaginary appearance.
3) Enter Cave, staying behind everyone els, being cautions, looking for crystals. (lot's of ,'s)

And if zombies ambush us from behind, you'll be a nice shield.

TalHex
May 20, 2008, 08:34 PM
one more thing, (not to sound like Uncle from jackie chan adventures) some monsters are actually really smart (spell caster, etc) are there any of them in the cave and if there are is there a chance they might try to defect us against the other players?

Airalean
May 20, 2008, 08:36 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:31, Ryan113 wrote:

Ill cut you most hanesly. ._.

SStrikerR
May 20, 2008, 08:43 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:36, Brittanyy wrote:

On 2008-05-20 18:31, Ryan113 wrote:

Ill cut you most hanesly. ._.

But then the zombies get you're ass backside all to themselves.

Tact
May 20, 2008, 09:02 PM
On 2008-05-20 18:34, TalonKitsune wrote:
one more thing, (not to sound like Uncle from jackie chan adventures) some monsters are actually really smart (spell caster, etc) are there any of them in the cave and if there are is there a chance they might try to defect us against the other players?

I can't answer that, it would take away from the fun. While I'm at it, I might as well tell you where the Tools are. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Randomness
May 20, 2008, 09:21 PM
So... there aren't any tools? (Lol broken image)

EDIT:Can't believe the http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif didnt show right.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-20 19:22 ]</font>

TheOneHero
May 21, 2008, 01:25 AM
With the PSOW Update, I suggest Tact, you give us a larger margin to post our actions. Or at least, don't hold it against us if we don't post. They say, downtimes are a comin'. =/

Tact
May 21, 2008, 04:39 AM
When the update/downtime arrives, everyone will get one extra day to post their actions. Does that sound fair?

Sord
May 21, 2008, 05:30 AM
meaning if it happens on that day? because the updates will be preceding throughout the entire weekend. honestly after writing the entries all week, I don't see why you don't just take a haitus on those days.

Out_Kast
May 21, 2008, 06:32 AM
I was under the impression that the updates would take weeks...?

Ast: You know, if you ever run out of food, please don't be tempted to eat me!

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 10:46 AM
On 2008-05-21 04:32, Out_Kast wrote:

Ast: You know, if you ever run out of food, please don't be tempted to eat me!

I wouldn't dream of it, Out_Kast. 'Specially not since we stepped in that pile of donkey shit the other way.

Sord
May 21, 2008, 12:50 PM
On 2008-05-21 04:32, Out_Kast wrote:

This Thursday and Friday (and perhaps Saturday & Sunday as well), we will be converting the existing forums over to a new, cutting-edge forum system, complete with loads of new features and functionality!
quoted from the home page

Out_Kast
May 21, 2008, 01:00 PM
Oh. Maybe I should read a little more indepth next time.

Ast: We stepped in that? Heck, I didn't even realise! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

Sord
May 21, 2008, 01:05 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:00, Out_Kast wrote:
Oh. Maybe I should read a little more indepth next time.

Ast: We stepped in that? Heck, I didn't even realise! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_disapprove.gif

pray to His Holy Detergent it was the other sock

Tact
May 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
Oh, then fine. I should reword my sentence on delay time then.

You all get one day after maintenance ends to post your actions.

Randomness
May 21, 2008, 06:20 PM
Do we get a pre-maintenance update?

TalHex
May 21, 2008, 08:10 PM
probably not

Sord
May 21, 2008, 08:25 PM
if he doesn't post it within the next o' clock, it will be really unlikely I think

Ketchup345
May 21, 2008, 08:28 PM
He may have time, I haven't seen anything about specific times.

Until then, clean out your PM inboxes.

Randomness
May 21, 2008, 08:29 PM
Er... why?

Tact
May 21, 2008, 08:43 PM
Ryan:
[spoiler-box]You walk cautiously into room D5. You see a square-shaped outline of holes in the ceiling.
You put your short sword under these holes, but nothing happens. To play it safe, you dive quickly beneath these holes. Heavy steel, prison-quality bars drop down around you and a wolf skeleton animates and attacks.
It bites your ankle, but you wildly flail your leg around and swing it (the wolf skeleton) into the metal bars. It crumbles into a pile of bones.

Ryan’s HP: 7/10
Inventory:
Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe
Hunger: 2[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]You examine the spot in the cave floor (not the wall) that Talon saw as strange. You press down on it with your hand and realize that it indeed isn’t structurally stable. You also realize that a magical barrier has formed across the mouth of the cave. “Dammit!”
You run to the barrier and beat on it with your sword. Nothing happens. A nearby swarm of bugs flies into the cave with no difficulty.
You go to scout room B5. As you walk in, a spear pops out of the ceiling at a 45-degree angle in your direction. Your reflexes serve you well and you avoid instant death by ducking, but the spear nicks your head and scrapes off a line of hair right down the middle. (Think of an inverse mohawk.) You notice that the spear stops at around head height. The rest of your exploration of the room is spent crawling. You find a small dagger on the floor where the B5 skeleton is.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger

TOH:
[spoiler-box]You give your berries to Astuarlen.
You look for another source of food, but you don’t find anything.
The slightly tall grass obscures your search for monster tracks.

Sord:
[spoiler-box]You look around C5 for a suitably large piece of crystal.
You pick up a rock and break the crystal into several pieces.
You break what remains of the crystal into pieces as well.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]You pick up the remaining bones from the C5 skeleton.
You follow Ryan into D5. Nothing in the room seems to be movable.
You sit down in a corner and toss bones around. The signs tell you of impending danger 10 seconds after the steel bars slam down around Ryan.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains

Shlig:
[spoiler-box]You lasso the B5 skeleton and pull it towards you.
You take its femurs and use your short sword to carve them into a grappling hook. Your short sword becomes dull.
You tie the hook onto the end of the rope.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Dulled Short Sword, Bone Grappling Hook

Talon:
[spoiler-box]You pray to the Goddess of the Hunt.
You enter D5, making sure to crawl on your hands and knees after watching Randomness.
You find five shuriken.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, 5 Shuriken

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]You poke the hole-headed skeleton with your sword. Nothing happens.
You dig around in the dirt with your sword. Nothing happens.
You crawl into room D5 with Randomness and Talon.

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]You throw a piece of the dead squirrel into B5. Your response: “Ow, my eye!”
You crawl into B5.
You don’t find anything interesting.

Toadthroat’s HP: 8/10
Toadthroat’s Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Chopped-Up Dead Squirrel (Feeds 1 person)

Van:
[spoiler-box]You examine the hole in the skeleton’s skull. You deduce that the hole came from B5’s ceiling spears.
You ask everyone around you if they want to team up.

Inventory:
Leather Armor, Short Sword

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]You crawl into room B5.
You don’t find anything interesting.
You notice a pair of yellow eyes looking at you from room B4.

Brittanyy:
[spoiler-box]You pick some grass and make it into a bow for the dead squirrel.
You make a fake mirror out of grass and twigs.
You follow everyone else into the cave. There are large crystals jutting out from the walls of C5.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Squirrel With a Bow on It (Feeds 1 person)

Other:
[spoiler-box]Ryan, what on earth is making you think that you'll be fighting only zombies in here? I could have been a total ass and made you just stare at the wolf skeleton instead of fight, because it technically wasn't a zombie.[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
Black spots/dotted lines are known locations of traps.
http://img88.imageshack.us/img88/2951/round2mapmk0.png[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
May 21, 2008, 08:47 PM
1-Pick up the spear (Yay free weapon!)
2-Search for food
3-Slowly probe A-5, poking floor ahead with spear (The blunt end, so the head stays sharp) and watching for any ambushes from behind (where the point conveniently is)

EDIT:Some spelling mistakes.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Randomness on 2008-05-21 19:24 ]</font>

TalHex
May 21, 2008, 08:49 PM
1) move on to E5
2) look for any monsters in the room
3) if monster is found attack and dispatch via ranged attack before it gets to me

Toadthroat
May 21, 2008, 08:56 PM
clarification: who said "Ow, my eye"?

Tact
May 21, 2008, 08:57 PM
Does it really matter? It was someone who was in B5 before you got there.

Toadthroat
May 21, 2008, 08:58 PM
Well you said Your Response, making me think I said it.

Tact
May 21, 2008, 08:59 PM
Alright, fine, I'll admit that it was a bad choice of words. Would you like me to edit that?

SStrikerR
May 21, 2008, 08:59 PM
Well I didn't know. And same goes for talon, who says the things we fight are all monsters? There could be other theives am I right?

1) Escape from the trap and team up with Van
2) Search for something to eat
3) Proceed to E5 cautiously.

TalHex
May 21, 2008, 09:01 PM
or we could end up fighting each other, there is no rule that says we can't attack each other, although this early on it would be pointless... more people means a greater division of attention by the monsters

Toadthroat
May 21, 2008, 09:01 PM
doesn't matter much now.

Toadthroat
May 21, 2008, 09:09 PM
1) Decide to team up with Van and discuss plan of action
2) Scan entrances of adjacent rooms, but don't enter said rooms
3) Keep eyes peeled for anything shiny or useful

TheOneHero
May 21, 2008, 09:18 PM
1. Follow others in the cave.
2. Sneak up behind who ever hasn't "been cautious" and snap their neck.
3. Stay on guard.

Edit* and don't go editing your actions because, "OMG TOH IS GONNA GET ME!" That ruins the game because you weren't thinking ahead.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: TheOneHero on 2008-05-21 19:20 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 09:32 PM
Not much of a man of faith, I see, Mr. Adventure Master.

This is probably going to earn me some bad luck, but I don't get why Ryan would be so stupid as to jump into a blatant trap. Are you profiling, Tact? Tsk. Now consistency demands that "Escape from the trap and team up with Van" is not so easy as that. May as well put my next action as "Retrieve the Tools and win Everlasting Glory!!!".

Hey, Toadthroat, you have good taste (as made clear in Solly's RPG thread). You should join us on this side of the map. Others welcome, too. We're having a BBQ party (the theme is Moscow, winter 1965, so come dressed appropriately) tomorrow afternoon; we'll be playing bean bag toss and strip poker (and eating delicious meat, courtesy of Your Grillmeister [identity tbd]).
Van very welcome, as well.

0. Bribe Tact with his favorite treat. Mmmmmmm, tasty, eh?
1. Determine the mechanism used for the trap which snared Ryan (presure plate, ropes, LASERS OMG, etc) and salvage parts.
2. Wait until Talon has dispatched any baddies in E5, then enter cautiously. If he can't handle the aggressors, stay out and try to get others to help.
3. Perform detailed search for hidden items.
4. Apply more sweets talking (would you like some freshly baked cookies? I made them juuuust for you.)

How are you holding up down there, by the way, Out_Kast? I think we can negotiate an end to your foot duty.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: astuarlen on 2008-05-21 21:23 ]</font>

Sgt_Shligger
May 21, 2008, 09:47 PM
1: From the entrance of B5, tie my short sword to the other end of the rope.
2: Hit every possible wall, nook, cranny, trip line, tile-- Everything that can be hit from the room's entrance. This is all done with the short sword end of the rope.
3: If nothing happens, take a few cautious steps forward into the room. If something does happen, continue step 2.

PhotonDrop
May 21, 2008, 10:42 PM
1) Search for a pole-arm or great sword.
2) Approach B-4 with my weapon drawn(with what I find, or with my short sword).
3) Call out to whatever owns the eyes to show itself.

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 10:54 PM
On 2008-05-21 20:42, PhotonDrop wrote:

What if it doesn't speak English (or whatever language we're supposed to be speaking) and interprets your statement as an invitation to bring its cousin and fourteen obnoxious friends to your place for a totally crazy party, and they completely trash the house and leave gross, slimy puddles on all the cushions?

Airalean
May 21, 2008, 11:01 PM
1) Try to pull the crystals out of the wall, and make a necklace.
2) Pull out more crystals and make a spear, by breaking the fake mirror.
3) Move to B5 with my weapon drawn.

(Is everyone in the cave now? And is the fake mirror in my inventory too?)

On 2008-05-21 20:54, astuarlen wrote:

On 2008-05-21 20:42, PhotonDrop wrote:

What if it doesn't speak English (or whatever language we're supposed to be speaking) and interprets your statement as an invitation to bring its cousin and fourteen obnoxious friends to your place for a totally crazy party, and they completely trash the house and leave gross, slimy puddles on all the cushions?

She'll use a battle cry.. or a warming cry, or something that involves no language, just load sounds.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Brittanyy on 2008-05-21 21:03 ]</font>

Sord
May 21, 2008, 11:19 PM
On 2008-05-21 19:18, TheOneHero wrote:
Edit* and don't go editing your actions because, "OMG TOH IS GONNA GET ME!" That ruins the game because you weren't thinking ahead.

you know, it would have made more sense to post that if you were the last person to post your actions

1. cautiously proceed into the cave Ryan went into, watching out for secondary traps
2. search the pile of wolf bones for a possible magic object of power that animated the bones in the first place
3. take the skull off the wolf and destroy the lower jaw, so that the upper portion of it's skull still has it's sharp teeth. It could make a feasable sharp bashing/slashing weapon.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sord on 2008-05-21 21:53 ]</font>

astuarlen
May 21, 2008, 11:34 PM
Let the record show Astuarlen was cautious in the 2nd round and 3rd. Think we could expunge the petty larceny and talking to socks thing, though?

Tact
May 24, 2008, 07:19 PM
Okay, now that the forums are back up...

You guys will get until tomorrow at the usual time to make your posts.

Also, a new rule to prevent reading posts and editing actions:
I will now use the time of the most recent post edit when I determine result orders.

TalHex
May 24, 2008, 11:18 PM
*punts thread to the top of the forum*

Out_Kast
May 25, 2008, 02:08 AM
Think we could expunge the petty larceny and talking to socks thing, though?

How dare you. >=|

Sord
May 25, 2008, 02:13 AM
How dare you. >=|

if someone washes him, I'll take 'im

Tact
May 25, 2008, 09:19 AM
Washing? Washing? We don't need washing!

Don't be a wimp; just put him on. :wacko:

astuarlen
May 25, 2008, 12:03 PM
if someone washes him, I'll take 'im

How dare you.

In reference to the washing part. My feet are clean!

VanHalen
May 25, 2008, 12:16 PM
1: Follow Toadthroat.
2: Look for some sort of object to hurt things(weapon and such)
3: Explore area next to me.(sorry posting from a Wii :()

SStrikerR
May 25, 2008, 05:51 PM
Ok well..here's my first post on the "new" forums. I do NOT like it, but I can see there was some hard work going into this, so I'll just have to get used to it.

Oh and cool tact'll be posting whatever happens soon.

Tact
May 25, 2008, 09:07 PM
This is a huge jumble of crap, forgive me for being too lazy to format all of this junk out.

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You pull at the spear sticking out of the ceiling, but it doesn’t budge. The spear retracts back into the ceiling.
You look for food, and find a dead bat on the floor.
You enter square 5A. A fountain of water is in there.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat
Hunger: 3
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You move into 5E.
You look for baddies and you see a rather large frog. It ribbits at you.You dispatch it with three shurikens.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, 2 Shuriken
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan113:
[spoiler-box]
You slip between the bars and walk over to Van.
You go to E5, only to see the aftermath of Talon’s fight with the frog.

Ryan’s HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe
Hunger: 3[/spoiler-box]

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You also go over to Van.
You look into adjacent rooms, being careful not to enter.
You see a bunch of crystals on the walls in 5C.

Toadthroat’s HP: 8/10
Toadthroat’s Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Chopped-Up Dead Squirrel (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You enter the cave.
You grab a fly between two fingers and snap its tiny neck.
You remain cautious.
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You examine the trap. It was activated by a pressure plate. It’s pretty damn hard to pull a pressure plate out of the ground, so you leave it alone.
You enter 5E and see the big, dead frog.
You look for hidden stuff and find a small jewel in the dirt.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains, Small Jewel
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You look for a polearm and find a pole with a knife on the end.
You call the monster to show itself.
The yellow eyes belong to a cave wolf. It charges you. You sidestep its charge and fling it upwards, where the ceiling spears stab through it.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Handful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Pole With a Knife On It
[/spoiler-box]

Shlig:
[spoiler-box]
You tie your shortsword onto the end of the rope.
You throw the shortsword northward into the next room. (B4) A large piece of ceiling comes down and crushes it.
After five seconds, the ceiling chunk goes back into the ceiling.
You throw the short sword in again. The ceiling waits about 10 seconds and then slams down again.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Dulled Short Sword, Bone Grappling Hook
[/spoiler-box]

Brittanyy:
[spoiler-box]
You try to pull the crystals out of the wall, but they’re too deeply embedded.
You walk into B5. A ceiling spear hits you in the arm.

Brittanyy’s HP: 6/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Squirrel With a Bow on It (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You walk into D5. Nothing happens trap-wise.
You search through the wolf bones. Nothing special.
You break the lower jaw of the skull and take the rest of the skull with you.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull
[/spoiler-box]

WiiVan:
[spoiler-box]
You remain where you are.
You don’t find anything with which to hurt stuff.[/COLOR]
You explore D5.

[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img359.imageshack.us/img359/2142/round3mapsm8.png
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
May 25, 2008, 09:20 PM
1-Drink water
2-Return to B-5
3-Use sword to bait out spear, then break it off with a slash to collect it

I had thought the spear launched, not just stabbed out last round.

Maybe my hunch about the spring isn't as good as I thought... You haven't played EO...

EDIT:And of course, do this while being watchful for ambush. I can't believe we already have someone going that route.

Tact
May 25, 2008, 09:26 PM
Maybe my hunch about the spring isn't as good as I thought... You haven't played EO...

I know that it heals you, after you kill the big monster on the floor above it.

Randomness
May 25, 2008, 09:28 PM
I know that it heals you, after you kill the big monster on the floor above it.

Thats the one in the second stratum. The third through fifth strata also have springs, though those are already usable. I dunno about Claret Hollows, I haven't penetrated past the first floor, its labyrinthine to the extreme. First strata has a spring that heals 10 TP to everyone, but only at night. (And that is enough to heal the party with a medic, since its infinite use)

TheOneHero
May 25, 2008, 10:06 PM
I think being cautious should be an action in it's own right.

TalHex
May 25, 2008, 10:12 PM
1)check the remains of the frog for items
2)look for weapons
3)look for traps (if its like one of the traps from pso deactivate it and take it with)

PhotonDrop
May 25, 2008, 10:33 PM
1) Pull the dead wolf from the ceiling.
2 and 3) Turn it into a nice mantle, prepare the rest of the remains for cooking.

TheOneHero
May 25, 2008, 10:47 PM
1. Search for a stick.
2. Search for a dead rat.
3. Search for food.

"I'll stop the hunt now."

Tact
May 25, 2008, 10:54 PM
1. Search for a stick.
2. Search for a dead rat.

Let me guess...

"I tie the rat's tail to the stick." "What?" "It's a rat-flail!"

TheOneHero
May 25, 2008, 11:00 PM
Thanks a lot Tact.

You have a knack for getting to my awesomeness before the desired revelation.

But I suppose that one was a given.

And what about, "Being cautious is an action in itself?"

astuarlen
May 26, 2008, 01:25 AM
1. Harvest frog meat (mmm, toad lickin' good).
2. Wait for someone else to enter E4 and head in once it's safe.
3. Search for unusual structural properties, such as secret passages.

Tact
May 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
Haha, Astuarlen. You're letting everyone else do the work and you're taking the loot. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2008, 10:53 AM
Sorry I didn't post. ._.;

1)Head to E5
2)Pick nose.
3)Fling mucus into E4 (checking for traps).

It's crude, but it might keep me from getting killed (again).

SStrikerR
May 26, 2008, 11:06 AM
1)Cautiously proceed into E5, looking for traps.
2) Search for something to eat, kill something if needed.
3)Look around for something that may be useful.

Out_Kast
May 26, 2008, 01:17 PM
I am going to talk in a very British accent henceforth.
1, 2 & 3. Groom material.

astuarlen
May 26, 2008, 01:52 PM
4. Bonus action!: stick a couple berries on Out_Kast's "face" for eyes.

TheOneHero
May 26, 2008, 03:08 PM
Nice to see my hard earned berries are going to good use.

I better see some *censored* for this.

Out_Kast
May 26, 2008, 03:47 PM
Berries?
I suppose they will suffice for now. If you find any buttons, however...

Sord
May 26, 2008, 05:26 PM
1. search the fountain for any pecularities or nearby items
2. search for food
3. search for food

Tact
May 26, 2008, 08:19 PM
Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You approach the fountain and take a drink.
You return to B5, crawl in, and hold your sword up. The spear stabs down and you chop off a good 4 feet.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat (Feeds 1 person), 4-Foot Spear
Hunger: 0
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You chop the legs off of the dead frog. It's gross food, but people do eat them.
You also cut off the frog's tongue.
A PSO-style trap pops up as you back away from the frog. You try to disable it. But, in PSO, traps explode when your character touches them. So...it blows up in your face.

Talon's HP: 5/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, 2 Shuriken, Frog Legs (Feeds 1 person), Frog Tongue
Hunger: 4
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You extricate the wolf's corpse from the ceiling, satisfied with your Mortal Kombat-style kill.
You skin it, make a mantle, and get some fresh meat to cook later.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Handful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You find a stick.
You find two dead rats.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Stick, Two Dead Rats (Each rat feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
You go to E5.
You pick your nose and then fling the results into E4.
A gout of flame vaporizes the nose-pickings.

[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You take part of what Talon left behind.
You look for strange things in the structure of what's around you. You notice a small button near the entrance to E4.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains, Small Jewel, Frog Meat (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You enter E5 and notice Talon getting himself blown up by the trap.
You take the rest of the frog meat.
You look for useful things and also find the small button.

Ryan’s HP: 9/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe, Frog Meat (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You search the fountain for anything out of the ordinary. It looks like a normal fountain, except that it seems to be filling very slowly. Water enters it at a drop-by-drop rate.
You notice, by looking at Randomness's reaction to the water, that it has no ill effects.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
Nobody has explored anything new this round. Refer to the map I posted with last round's results.

Nitro Vordex
May 26, 2008, 08:22 PM
Oh wow, that did work. :wacko:

Sord
May 26, 2008, 08:27 PM
no food? :( eh well

TalHex
May 26, 2008, 09:09 PM
damnit! ah well thought if i found the trap first i might be able to use it, it was worth a try
1) eat
2) look for healing item
3) stab anyone who tries to steal anymore of the stuff i worked for

Randomness
May 26, 2008, 09:23 PM
1-Search the area for anything that can hold fluids
2-If found, bottle some water
3-Carefully probe B-4, lets start with a booger toss!
4-Carefully enter B-4, taking note of any traps discovered by action 3.

Basically, if I find something to hold the water, I end at action 3, else I don't do 2 and end at 4.

astuarlen
May 27, 2008, 12:33 AM
1. Drink some of that refreshing water.
2. Use the point of my sword to quickly push the button from a distance.
3. If an alternate route opens up or the like, very carefully explore it. Otherwise, move cautiously into B4, probing for more unusual things on the wall.

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 12:43 AM
I already found the tools, Sord's playing!

:wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 02:11 AM
*punts solomnley*

TheOneHero
May 27, 2008, 02:22 AM
1. Tie one rat to the stick to earn the Legendary Rat Flail.
2. Sharpen the opposite end of the stick to a fine point.
3. Booger toss into E4.

PhotonDrop
May 27, 2008, 02:52 AM
1) Search for a sturdy shield.
2a) Enter B4 if the booger flickers don't set off a trap.
2b) If a trap goes off to A5.
3) Eat berries.

EDIT: damn near everyone's probing B4

Sord
May 27, 2008, 04:17 AM
1. take a drink of water
2. look around for a container or something to store it in
3. repeat step 2 while waiting for the guys to finish probing their respective portions

Toadthroat
May 27, 2008, 06:12 PM
1)Push Van into b4 to check for traps
2) Folow Van in, taking very small steps so as to not activate any traps
3) Keep eyes peeled for anything shiny or useful

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 06:16 PM
1) Search for a sturdy shield.
2a) Enter B4 if the booger flickers don't set off a trap.
"A gout of flame vaporizes..." >_>;

EDIT: damn near everyone's probing B4

They can all burn then.

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 06:17 PM
1)Pick nose again.
2)Fling another booger.
3)Throw short sword at direction of flame.

Tact
May 27, 2008, 08:06 PM
Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You chomp on the frog legs. They taste pretty disgusting. You feel pretty light on your feet after you finish eating.
You look for a healing item and find nothing.

Talon's HP: 6/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, 2 Shuriken, Frog Tongue
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You search for a water container, but you don't find anything.
You decide to join the club and pick your nose. A booger toss reveals that, as before, a large chunk of the ceiling falls down on anything under it. The ceiling chunk rises back up about five seconds later.
You walk under the trapped chunk of ceiling. Nothing happens and you enter the room safely.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat (Feeds 1 person), 4-Foot Spear
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You drink some of the water from the A5 fountain.
You return to E5 and hit the button with the tip of your shortsword. Nothing visible occurs, so you go back to B5 and examine the entrance to B4. Upon entering B4, the chunk of ceiling comes down on you and crushes your arm.

Astuarlen's HP: 4/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains, Small Jewel, Frog Meat (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You tie the rat's tail to the stick.
You sharpen the other end of the stick into a point.
You throw a booger into E4. Nothing happens.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Rat (Feeds 1 person), Rat-Flail
Hunger: 5
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You look for a shield and find a nice steel shield.
You go to A5 and eat your handful of berries. You don't feel so well.

PhotonDrop's HP: 9/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You drink the last of the water in the fountain.

[/spoiler-box]

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You push Van into B4. Nothing happens and he enters the room safely.
The trapped ceiling falls on you and nails your leg.
You don't find anything useful.

Toadthroat's HP: 3/10
[/spoiler-box]

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
You throw another booger at E4. Nothing happens.

[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/2069/round5mapfx8.png
[/spoiler-box]

Other:
[spoiler-box]
If you have 5 Hunger, you must eat next round or begin starving.
[/spoiler-box]

TalHex
May 27, 2008, 08:20 PM
1) proceed to E4
2) check for traps
3) if any intelligent monsters are in the room, attempt diplomancy
-or-
3) if the monsters in the room are complete idiots dispatch them quickly

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 08:35 PM
Everyone stole my booger trap technique. >.>

1)Use crystal shard to look into E4 by reflection.
2)Enter E4 and search for food.
3)Wave crystal sword around walls, looking for clues.

SStrikerR
May 27, 2008, 09:18 PM
1)eat frog meat
2)follow talon cautiously and from a distaance
3)Search for some rope...string counts.

TheOneHero
May 27, 2008, 09:23 PM
1. Eat Dead Rat.
2. Carefully enter E4 with Legendary Rat Flail and short sword at the ready!
3. Pull a Talon: If monsters are intelligent, attempt a pact.
-or-
3. If not, dispatch using Legendary Rat Flail.

As mentioned later, I'm only eating the body of the 2nd dead rat, I will not eat the tail.

VanHalen
May 27, 2008, 09:25 PM
1.proceed to B5(taking toadthroat with me)
2. look for some kinda thing to eat in there
3.eat said object and hope it doesnt hurt me

Randomness
May 27, 2008, 09:39 PM
1. Eat Dead Rat.
2. Carefully enter E4 with Legendary Rat Flail at the ready!
3. Pull a Talon: If monsters are intelligent, attempt a pact.
-or-
3. If not, dispatch using Legendary Rat Flail.

You fool! You could have changed class with that rat's tail!

Anyways:
1-Examine the room in B-4, spear at the ready
If safe:
2-Search for spellbooks
3-Search for weapons
If dangerous:
2-Fighting retreat (but not into the crusher!)
3-As above

TheOneHero
May 27, 2008, 10:10 PM
I'm not going to EAT the rat's tail, just the body.

I'm saving the Rat's Tail. (I'll edit this in.)

Airalean
May 27, 2008, 10:57 PM
(Because I haven't been posting, am I dead? or just skipped? Wasn't sure because I got hit by a spear. If I'm not dead....)

1)Call out for help from the nearest person.
2)Carefully remove the spear, take the dead squirrels bow off, and rap the grass around arm to stop the bleeding.
3)Look for Van

TheOneHero
May 27, 2008, 11:16 PM
Brittanyy is now going to bleed out, the poor girl.

I suggest leaving the spear in, and breaking off the shaft near the entry point. Least you can walk around and bleed out slowly rather than die a rapid death.

Toadthroat
May 27, 2008, 11:22 PM
1) Eat
2) Converse with Ast, while eying her "goods"
3) Determine what triggered the trap

Out_Kast
May 28, 2008, 03:25 AM
I say, good sir. What 'goods' of my master be they?

PhotonDrop
May 28, 2008, 04:09 AM
"A gout of flame vaporizes..." >_>;

They can all burn then.

Traps have delay times. :clown:

1) Return to B5 since Sord drank the last of the water.
2) Stick the polearm into the entrance of B4.
3) Enter as the ceiling raises.

Also Tact, is my shield round?

Tact
May 28, 2008, 05:00 AM
Um, sure. We'll say it's a round shield. I guess I'll find out why you asked soon enough.

PhotonDrop
May 28, 2008, 05:03 AM
Not necessarily, I just have my preferences. :wacko:

Sord
May 28, 2008, 07:31 AM
1. throw a rock or pebble underneith the slamming cieling in B4 then run under it as it raises so as to enter the room safely
2. Have wolf skull and short sword at the ready (might as well be, everyone else is being cautious)
3. search for anything useful (but don't go searching where that falling ceiling is :clown:

astuarlen
May 28, 2008, 11:07 AM
Why did the water reduce Randomness's and Sord's hunger to zero but not affect mine? I don't want to eat my precious meat if I don't have to, and in this case I believe I have been ill-served.

Shit, I can't believe I said B4, I wanted E4. Damn, damn, damn. I was about to call you on putting me in the wrong room when I realized I did.

1. Get up out of the ceiling trap's path and check for broken bones and other injuries in a safe section of B4.

If anything is structurally amiss with my arm:
--2. Use grasses, skeletal remains, a small piece of leather armor (and Out_Kast--buddy, you're a hero today) to bind/brace.
If it's just bleeding:
--2. Use grasses and a small piece of leather armor to bind and stop the bleeding.
If it's bruised but otherwise sound:
--2. Thank the gods and decide not to overtax it or rely too heavily on it.

3. Now, if you aren't going to give me the benefit of the water, I'll eat my frog meat. But if you will amend those results to jibe with others', I'm just going to chill and propose an Alliance of Injured Persons with Toadthroad. :clown:

Out_Kast
May 28, 2008, 11:43 AM
Blood stained and covered in donkey shit, I shine with glory!

Tact
May 28, 2008, 01:58 PM
Why did the water reduce Randomness's and Sord's hunger to zero but not affect mine?

Sorry, that was my fault. I've changed your Hunger level accordingly.

astuarlen
May 28, 2008, 02:15 PM
Thank you, sir.

Tact
May 28, 2008, 08:18 PM
Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You enter E4. It seems like a maze.
There are no obvious traps in the area.
There are no monsters either.

Talon's HP: 7/10
[/spoiler-box]

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
You look into E4 via reflection from the crystal shard. You see a door at the other end, but looking into the room normally yields a look at the maze.
You enter the maze, waving around the crystal shard. Walls that are there outside of "shard vision" aren't present when viewed through the shard.

Nitro's HP: 9/9
Hunger: Starving
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You follow Talon into the maze.
While you look for rope, a creepy guy in tribal wear accosts you. "I'm a Temple Guard. I need one of your Pendants of Life."

[/spoiler-box]

Van and Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You go back to B5. The crushing ceiling comes down on you. Toadthroat gets through with no trouble.
Van looks for food and finds a dead Jigglypuff on one of the ceiling spears.
Van eats the Jigglypuff.
Toadthroat eats his chopped-up bits of squirrel.
Toadthroat observes that anything going under the ceiling trap will trigger the trap. It is safe to go under while the ceiling trap is resetting.

Van's HP: 6/10
Van's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword

Toadthroat's HP: 4/10
Toadthroat’s Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You examine the small room in space B4. It seems to be the remains of a camp.
You look for weapons and find nothing.
You look for a spellbook and find one with two blank pages.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat (Feeds 1 person), 4-Foot Spear, Spellbook (2 Spells)
Hunger: 2
[/spoiler-box]

Brittanyy:
[spoiler-box]
You call for help.
You take the dead squirrel's bow off and use it to stop the bleeding.
Van is in the same room.

Brittanyy’s HP: 7/9
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Dead Squirrel (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You eat the dead rat, leaving its tail. Tails taste horrible, anyway.
You enter the E4 maze. Nothing tries to attack you.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rat-Flail
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You continue not feeling well from the berries you ate.
You put the polearm under the trapped ceiling and pull it out before the ceiling slams down.
You casually walk into B4 as the ceiling rises back up.

PhotonDrop's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You throw a pebble under the trapped ceiling. The ceiling crushes it, leaving you to safely enter B4.
You search for useful stuff. You find a vial filled with a red liquid.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull, Red Vial
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You go to the abandoned camp and check for injuries.
Your arm is just bruised. (I'm not realistic enough or mean enough to start breaking bones.)
You yell into B5, asking Toadthroat for an alliance.

Astuarlen's HP: 5/10
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img444.imageshack.us/img444/602/round6mapxb1.png
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop
May 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
1) Search for food.
2) Pick up a rock.
3) Toss it into A4.

Ketchup345
May 28, 2008, 08:52 PM
Brilliant on the Temple Guardian.

TalHex
May 28, 2008, 08:54 PM
you know the sad thing is i could probably do that entire maze without thinking twice about it... i love mazes when i have a map

for the maze what will you have us do? draw a route in addiation to our actions?

Tact
May 28, 2008, 08:59 PM
A couple of you have items that can get you through that maze without having to plan every turn. You'll need to escape with your wit and your inventory, not by actually drawing a route and solving the maze.

TalHex
May 28, 2008, 09:04 PM
great...
1) look for the denizens of the maze (better to walk into a dragon's nest of your own freewill then by accident)
2) if found try to strike up a bargain for help solving the maze
or
2) if not look for food
3) look for weapons

VanHalen
May 28, 2008, 09:14 PM
1. Help Brittany
2. Go in Toadthroat's direction
3. Look for a better armor

Also what is my HP at now?
And :lol: @ Jigglypuff

TheOneHero
May 28, 2008, 09:34 PM
Why is EVERYONE in E4? They are supposed to be in B4!

1. Follow Nitro

If a monster attacks:

2. Quickly dispatch it via short sword stab in the neck or other vital points.
3. Eat some of monster.

If not:

2. Search for food while staying close to Nitro.
3. Search for weapons while staying close to Nitro.

astuarlen
May 28, 2008, 10:00 PM
Your mercy is appreciated, Tact. :3

That maze is tempting, but I guess I'll keep to this side.

1. Carefully move down the narrow hallway leading up to B3 by crawling along the ground, tossing bones in front of my path, then probing the walls and floor with my sword before moving forward and collecting the skeletal remains.
2. If the bones or sword trigger any potential traps, use the same technique to carefully probe the area a few more times to determine if said traps can be avoided. Otherwise, proceed cautiously, scanning alternately ahead and also on the cave surface for items.
3. If I can't reach the end of the tunnel, turn back and join PD. If I do get to the end, chuck some of the weightiest bones into B3 to test the waters, so to speak.

Randomness
May 28, 2008, 10:05 PM
Why is EVERYONE in E4? They are supposed to be in B4!

Are the walls of the maze going to the ceiling?

If not:

1. Carefully climb up and look for another exit.
2. Carefully make my way over the tops of the walls toward the exit, checking for traps.
3. If any monsters are spotted, jump and stab them in the back of the neck in a downward fashion for instant kill, via short sword.

If So.

1. Make my way through by closely hugging the left wall.
2. Attempt to make a pact with any monsters.
3. If they don't like me, kill them quickly.

TOH, the maze is an illusion. Viewing the reflection of the room reveals the truth of it, look through everyone's results from last round, somebody looked at it in the crystal's reflection, and it wasn't there.

Also, if you see a dragon, try to trade the rat tail for a class change. (Final Fantasy ftw)

1-Examine campsite for anything useful left behind, food, weapons, armor, etc.
2-Carefully explore the passage east into C-4, using booger tosses
3-Spit while entering C-4 to test for traps, then keep spitting cautiously to probe the room

astuarlen
May 28, 2008, 10:08 PM
Yeabut, is the Temple Guardian also an illusion?

TheOneHero
May 28, 2008, 10:14 PM
Woah, wait, I'm lost. O_O

Never mind, I was confused by other people's action, I seriously thought everyone else was headed for B4. I'm editing my actions.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 10:17 PM
1. open the vial and put your finger on it, turning it upside down and rightside up quickly, leaving a small tiny drop, checking to see if it's acidic by skin irritation. Make sure to quickly remove the cork/cap and cover with thumb then vice versa, in case it might have any spoiling or explosive effects when exposed to air
2. throw another pebble/rock into A4
3. keep weapons at the ready in case anything jumps out at me trying to attack the source of the thrown rock/pebble, also keep to a low crouch in case I need to "hit the deck" if something shoots back out (not to mention it's just an all around more stable stance to be bend a little, lower center of gravity yadda yadda)

Toadthroat
May 29, 2008, 01:30 AM
1) Pick up rock and trigger cieling trap in B4, run through B4 while trap is resetting
2) Examine C4, though not stepping in
3) Throw rock into C4, checking for traps and/or monsters

Tact
May 29, 2008, 05:08 AM
Also what is my HP at now?
And :lol: @ Jigglypuff

You have 6 HP now. It's my mistake for not putting in your HP value. As for the Jigglypuff...

I hate the little bastards, they can go die. :disapprove:

Sord
May 29, 2008, 10:12 AM
1) Pick up rock and trigger cieling trap in B4, run through B4 while trap is resetting
2) Examine C4, though not stepping in
3) Throw rock into C4, checking for traps and/or monsters

I'll smirk if it blows up

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 03:36 PM
I'll smirk if it blows up

Ah, Sord beat me to it.

SStrikerR
May 29, 2008, 04:05 PM
1) Kill the temple guard. (I hated that show)
2) Take any food or weapons he has with him
3) Ask someone for a spare crystal shard. Remember to say please.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
Odd, I thought I posted my actions.

1)Tap the "maze" walls with crystal shard.
If solid:

2)Take a hefty swing at "wall".

If not:
2)Attempt to walk through "wall" carefully.
After either of these:
3)Search for food.

Tact
May 29, 2008, 08:27 PM
PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You look for food and find some venison.
You pick up a rock and throw it at A4.
In response to the rock, a large, glowing, green fist punches out of the door. It stops after 2 feet, then hangs a similarly-colored green sign on the door. "Be polite!" It moves back to behind the door.
(This hand did not break the door.)

PhotonDrop's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield, Venison (Feeds 1 person)
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You look for whoever lives in the maze. You come across a large dragon.
You try to talk to it, but it isn't in the mood. It breathes fire in your general direction. The fire seems to pass right through you, with no effect on your health.
You look for weapons and find a +7 Longsword of Badassery.

Talon's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, 2 Shuriken, Frog Tongue, +7 Longsword of Badassery
[/spoiler-box]

Van:
[spoiler-box]
You remain where you are.
You help Brittanyy heal her arm.
You look for better armor and find some plate mail.

Van's HP: 7/10
Van's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Plate Mail
[/spoiler-box]

TOH and Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
Nitro taps the maze walls with the crystal shard. The shard goes right through the wall.
Nitro walks through the wall, with TOH close behind.
TOH finds a +9001 Shotgun of Menacing.
Both of you come across a banquet table with nine courses of food on it.

TOH's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rat-Flail, +9001 Shotgun of Menacing

Nitro's HP: 8/8
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You toss bones ahead of you as you make your way to B3.
You reach B3 safely.
You throw a bone into B3 and hear a splashing sound. The room is filled with water.

Astuarlen's HP: 6/10
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You don't find anything else at the campsite.
You take the hallway to C4. You would have used booger-flinging to check for traps, but your nose has been picked clean.
Room C4 is filled with beams of light. You spit into one of them. The saliva promptly explodes.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat (Feeds 1 person), 4-Foot Spear, Spellbook (2 Spells)
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You check the vial for acidity. It is very slightly acidic.
You toss another pebble at the door to A4. The green fist punches back out again.
You are too far away for it to hit you.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull, Red Vial
[/spoiler-box]

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You stand at the entrance to room C4 and throw a rock into the room.
The rock explodes on contact with one of the beams of light.

Toadthroat's HP: 5/10
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You refuse to give up the nonexistant Pendant of Life. The Temple Guard kicks your ass and takes you back to the beginning of the cave.
You ask someone else for a spare crystal shard.

Ryan's HP: 6/10
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/8757/round7mappu0.png
[/spoiler-box]

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 08:37 PM
Hm.
1)Use crystal shard to reflect the table.

If real:
2)Test for poisoning(eg sniff)
3)if safe, eat, if not, continues walking.

If fake:
2)rub stomach with free hand.
3)Continue through maze.

Why does everyone else get good stuff? ;_;

TalHex
May 29, 2008, 08:43 PM
1) walk through the walls to the northwestern most corner of the maze
2) enter into 4D
3) explore with caution

SStrikerR
May 29, 2008, 08:45 PM
1)Look for something to heal with
2)Look throughout the cave for some better armor.
3)Go and try to kick the temple guard's ass (jk)
Real 3) Go back to the room where everyone got their crystals and try to find a shard.

astuarlen
May 29, 2008, 08:49 PM
Who wants to go swiiiiiimming? I hope y'all brought your pool noodles.

1. Tie some long grasses together and attach bones to the end for a weight to cast into the water repeatedly in different locations to judge depth and test for the presence of creepy things hidden in the water.
-2a. If there's no "response" from the water, pull back the makeshift line and proceed to diagnostics such as sniffing the water, sticking in a finger, and tasting (but not swallowing) in that order.
--3a. If the water seems safe, wade very carefully in.
--3b. If the water doesn't seem safe, join PD and Sord and knock politely on the door with my sword.
-2b. If something suspicious does happen, join PD and Sord and knock politely on the door with my sword.

PhotonDrop
May 29, 2008, 08:51 PM
1) Apologise to the resident of A4.
2) Search for armor.
3) Search for a weapon.

Randomness
May 29, 2008, 09:10 PM
1-Play ninja and search room C-4 for mechanisms while crawling under the beams of light.
2-If found, use and hope it disables said beams, else keep looking
3-look for spellbooks

TheOneHero
May 29, 2008, 09:14 PM
If Nitro's tests on the food prove it's real/not poisonous.

1. Take a great deal of the food.
2. Continue carefully through the maze with Nitro.
3. Search for armor along the way.

If not:

1. Continue carefully through the maze with Nitro.
2. Search for armor along the way.
3. Search for other bodily armor along the way.

Ryan-I wouldn't joke around, Nitro did last time and he DIED. =D

Tact
May 30, 2008, 05:07 AM
Ryan-I wouldn't joke around, Nitro did last time and he DIED. =D

Ryan posted an actual third action, though. I know that his joke action is a joke and that I shouldn't write results based on it.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 05:15 AM
1. apologize along with PD, and help PD should the thing attack us
2a. if it accepts apology, see if I can befriend the beast
2b. if it decides to attack us, fight the bastard
3. appraise vial of red fluid (and hope it's magical healing hotsauce)

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 12:48 PM
vial of red liquid? if i remember correctly in heroes IV that would be a vial of demon fire, litterally explosion in a bottle :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 01:05 PM
Ryan posted an actual third action, though. I know that his joke action is a joke and that I shouldn't write results based on it.

I thought you knew only 3 actions per round, and that a 0 action never happened. :disapprove:

Toadthroat
May 30, 2008, 07:44 PM
1)Throw another rock into C4 to make light beams go off and hit random
2) At same time, determine what mechanism controls the light beams and how to avoid them
3) Search for armor or anything that could reflect the beams

Tact
May 30, 2008, 08:06 PM
Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
You look at the table through the crystal shard. The table is not real, but you still see a plate of carrots.
They're normal carrots.
You eat them.

Nitro's HP: 8/10
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
You walk to the northeast corner of the room and leave.
Your +7 Longsword of Badassery disappears, along with the rest of the illusion. You hear a yell of surprise; you figure that TOH's +9001 Shotgun of Menacing has also vanished.
As you enter 4D, a door with an iron grate comes down behind you. Crap. You've played Zelda games. You know something's up.
A large fly comes down from the ceiling and buzzes menacingly at you.

Talon's HP: 9/10
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You look for something to help heal you, but you don't find anything.
You find a helmet made of cardboard.
You stay where you are. The crystals are right here. There are no shards on the floor.

Ryan's HP: 7/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe, Cardboard Helmet
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You tie some grasses to a bone and repeatedly toss it into the water. Nothing happens.
You smell the water. A piranha leaps out and attempts to relieve you of your olfactory organ.
You dodge out of the way and go back to join Sord and PhotonDrop.
You knock on the door to A4 with the hilt of your short sword. The door opens.

Astuarlen's HP: 7/10
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You apologize to the open door. Nothing happens.
You search for armor and find a chainmail shirt.
You look for a weapon and find nothing.

PhotonDrop's HP: 9/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield, Venison (Feeds 1 person), Chainmail Shirt
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You carefully dodge around the beams of light. You find a small button.
You hit the button. The beams of light get wider and make movement more difficult.
You see a spellbook in the corner. However, you can't get to it because of the widened beams.

[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You continue to stay with Nitro.
You find a small scale (I mean a reptilian scale, not a device used to weigh stuff).
You find nothing else of interest.

TOH's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rat-Flail, Small Scale
[/spoiler-box]

Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You also apologize to the hand in A4. It seems to have disappeared.
You find small letters on the vial's cork. It is a healing potion.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull, Healing Potion
[/spoiler-box]

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You toss another rock into C4. It explodes and showers Randomness with small fragments of rock.
You notice another button on the far side of the room.
You don't see anything reflective nearby.

Toadthroat's HP: 6/10
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img140.imageshack.us/img140/8085/round8mapwy3.png
[/spoiler-box]

Other:
[spoiler-box]
E4 also has an exit going north.
In B3, blue is water and brown is land.
[/spoiler-box]

Sord
May 30, 2008, 08:10 PM
1. enter A4 cautiously
2. search for a spellbook, or something that could have conjured that hand
3. search some more

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 08:16 PM
"well that was good timing, i'm almost back to full hearts. Lights! Camera! LoZ boss music!"

1) search for an annoying fairy, and persuade it to join up with me
2) attack with ranged weapon
3) attack the enemy dual weilding the bone and the short sword

Toadthroat
May 30, 2008, 08:26 PM
1) Throw rock at button
2) Throw rock into room to see the change in lazers
3) Throw rock at Random to try and make him trip into lazers.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 08:32 PM
1) Search for another weapon.
2) Proceed to examine E3 entrance.
3) Check nose for more mucus and throw at entrance.

TheOneHero
May 30, 2008, 08:41 PM
1. Examine scale to see if it has magical properties.
2. Search for some food or something to be eaten later.
3. Cautiously exit north from E4.

Tact, what happened to my rat's tail? I was planning on using that later. =/

Tact
May 30, 2008, 08:46 PM
Tact, what happened to my rat's tail? I was planning on using that later. =/

Sorry. I'll add that into the results for this round.

astuarlen
May 30, 2008, 09:19 PM
1. Call out a courteous greeting to the Green Handed Thing, introducing myself and asking if I can enter the room.
--2a. If there's a positive response, enter the room and try to strike up a conversation in hope of finding out something useful.
--3a. Look for something which would help one cross water.

--2b. If there's a negative response, go back to B3 and, keeping on the land, very close to the wall, see if there are any visible exits or if I can see into any adjacent areas.
--3b. Look for items which could be useful for crossing water in B4.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 09:29 PM
What if he doesn't respond?

PhotonDrop
May 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
Shoot, I don't know which room I want to go to now. x:

1) Search for leg armor.
2) Search for food.
3) Throw a rock into B3.

SStrikerR
May 30, 2008, 10:11 PM
1)Find something to break a crystal shard off the crystal with.
2)Take some shards
3) Try to make a Crystal sword.

Randomness
May 30, 2008, 10:30 PM
1-Cast reflect on myself (So that the lasers all bounce off me)
If successful:
2-Laugh at attempts to kill me while grabbing the second spellbook
3-Return to entrance room, remembering to dodge all the traps on the way
Otherwise:
2-Drop prone
3-Army crawl out and stab toadthroat with spear on the way

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 10:32 PM
ah well atleast i don't have to worry about getting back stabbed until i beat the boss of the room im trapped in

Randomness
May 30, 2008, 10:34 PM
ah well atleast i don't have to worry about getting back stabbed until i beat the boss of the room im trapped in

Hes trying to kill me... its only fair. If the spellbook wasn't going down to one spell left I'd blow up all his internal organs.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 10:36 PM
ah well either way, works for me

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 09:33 PM
double chocolate taco of doom, destruction and bliss bump! (are we getting an update tonight?)

Tact
May 31, 2008, 09:40 PM
You guys just about let it die. I'll update you tomorrow, but if it hits the second page again then I'm stopping it as it is.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 09:43 PM
sorry i didn't notice its disappearance till now, i was reluctant to bump it cuz of the double post issue

Randomness
May 31, 2008, 09:43 PM
O SHI-

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 09:44 PM
exactly...

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 09:45 PM
Everyone got caught up in the excitement.

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 10:35 PM
Looks like everyone everyone who participated last round posted their actions to me. I know I've been checking in here several times since 8:00...

Everyone dies. Tact is giving us one more day to live.

TheOneHero
Jun 1, 2008, 12:52 AM
Tact, as a Ninja, I will not let you down.

I shall keep this thread bumped and ready to receive your updates!

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2008, 01:08 AM
Sorry Tact .-. I've been posting on a Wii lately since my PC is borked so its hard to read this.

1. Equip new armor and unequip old.
2. Laugh at Randomness
3. Help out with Toad's beam toy.

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 07:56 AM
You guys just about let it die. I'll update you tomorrow, but if it hits the second page again then I'm stopping it as it is.

Sorry but, since when the hell did this become a requirement ;/ It's not like you bothered to make the results either.

Tact
Jun 1, 2008, 08:55 AM
Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You enter A4.
You find a spellbook with a blank page.
You search again and find nothing else of interest.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull, Healing Potion, Spellbook (1 spell)
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
A small fairy floats down to you from the ceiling.
It annoys you so much that your ranged attacks miss.
You charge at it with the femur and your shortsword. It blows you back into a wall with its wings.

Talon's HP: 7/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, Frog Tongue
[/spoiler-box]

Toadthroat:
[spoiler-box]
You throw a rock at the button. It hits a beam of light and is violently pulled apart.
You toss a rock at Randomness.

Toadthroat's HP: 7/10
[/spoiler-box]

Nitro:
[spoiler-box]
You search for weapons and find a brick.
You look into room E3. It's very dark.
A booger toss reveals nothing.

Nitro's HP: 9/10
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You examine the scale. It seems normal.
You don't find any food.
You enter E3. It's really freaking dark.

TOH's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rat-Flail, Rat's Tail, Small Scale
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You call out to the green hand. No answer.
You help yourself to a small wooden box in A4.
Further searching reveals nothing interesting.

Astuarlen's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains, Small Jewel, Frog Meat (Feeds 1 person), Small Wooden Box

[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You look for leg armor and find some steel greaves.
You look for food and find nothing.
You toss a rock into B3 and hear a splash.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield, Venison (Feeds 1 person), Chainmail Shirt, Steel Greaves
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You break some shards off of the wall with the hilt (is it called a hilt in this case?) of your greataxe.
You take the shards, but you have no way to make a sword out of them.

Ryan's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe, Cardboard Helmet, Crystal Shards
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You attempt to cast Reflect on yourself.
It works, but you feel that something isn't right. You cautiously avoid the beams of light.
Your intuition is correct. Your spell is protecting you, but it isn't protecting any of your items. You feel your four-foot spear being lifted from you and you see it being torn up. You make your way over to the other spellbook and grab it.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Dead Bat (Feeds 1 person), Spellbook (1 Spell), Other Spellbook (1 Spell)
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img213.imageshack.us/img213/7356/round9mapqg5.png
[/spoiler-box]

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 09:03 AM
1. use the spellbook to cast a solid, permanent bridge of ice between the two landmasses in B3
2. cross the bridge swiftly but carefully, moving on hands and knees for better traction and weight placement
3. carefully observe the entrance to B2 checking for traps, but don't enter it

Randomness
Jun 1, 2008, 09:07 AM
1-Return to entryroom, while avoiding all known traps. (Spit to bait down crusher ceiling, etc.)
2-Eat
3-Harvest every remaining crystal in the room. (I want 60 shards total-of any size)

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 09:10 AM
suprised you didn't use the spellbook to kill your would be killer

Randomness
Jun 1, 2008, 09:31 AM
I got a better use for one spell, and want to hold one in reserve. At least I can survive the lasers, even if my items can't. And as a bonus, I'm immune to most magic now...

TalHex
Jun 1, 2008, 09:42 AM
1. ask the fairy for the enemy's weakness
2. if it doesn't give the weakness take off shirt and use it to trap the fairy, if nothing else it can bring me back if i die
or
2. if it does give the weakness attack the weakness
3. attack again, try to chop off the wings

SStrikerR
Jun 1, 2008, 11:28 AM
1) Search for a spellbook
2) Proceed to The room with all the water. (b3?)
3)Follow sord, crawl as he does.

PhotonDrop
Jun 1, 2008, 02:42 PM
Exactly what I wanted to hear. :)

1) Leave the cave.
2) Search for wood.
3) Search for something to start a fire with.

astuarlen
Jun 1, 2008, 02:50 PM
So did I find any exits in B3 or what?
If that land goes into A3:
1. Perform visual check for traps or creatures from entrance.
2. If it's all clear, proceed carefully into A3, pushing the box ahead of self to see if any traps are triggered.
3. Look for goodies.

If the land DOESN'T extend into A3 (not clear from the map):
1. Get in the wooden box (I assume, since I was looking for things to cross the water, that it's large enough, and I don't want to accidentally slip into that water unprotected!) with all me items secured to my person (I guess this has been assumed, so far, but just to be safe).
2. Scoot across the ice bridge carefully, using sword to navigate, as necessary.
3. If Sord's check doesn't find traps, proceed carefully into B2, pushing the box ahead of self to see if any traps are triggered.

astuarlen
Jun 1, 2008, 02:53 PM
Sounds like PD is planning something nasty.
Hasn't the cave been sealed for some time now?

Edit: Found it:
On 5/21, under Tact's response to Randomness:
"You examine the spot in the cave floor (not the wall) that Talon saw as strange. You press down on it with your hand and realize that it indeed isn’t structurally stable. You also realize that a magical barrier has formed across the mouth of the cave. “Dammit!”"

Tact
Jun 1, 2008, 03:10 PM
So did I find any exits in B3 or what?
If that land goes into A3:
1. Perform visual check for traps or creatures from entrance.
2. If it's all clear, proceed carefully into A3, pushing the box ahead of self to see if any traps are triggered.
3. Look for goodies.

There is not an exit there going into A3. I know it's not clear from the map; I should have put that in the "Other" section.

TheOneHero
Jun 1, 2008, 03:37 PM
1. Very, very cautiously move through E3, hugging the left wall.
2. Listen carefully and feel just as carefully for any changes in sounds/smoothness in the room/wall.
3. Make way to nearest unmarked exit.

(Lol, E3, booth babes, please.)

Tact
Jun 1, 2008, 07:55 PM
Sord:
[spoiler-box]
You cast a spell from the spellbook. You feel a slight drain. A solid, sturdy bridge of ice spans the gap and crosses the room.
You cross the bridge with no trouble.
You look into B2. There's a rickety rope bridge crossing a chasm. Standing on the bridge is what appears to be a small, old man.

Sord's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly-Squished Bird (Feeds 1 person), 5 3-inch (7.4 cm) Crystal Shards, 2 5-inch (12.5 cm) Crystal Shards, 1 8-inch (20.2 cm) Crystal Shard, Wolf Skull, Healing Potion
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness:
[spoiler-box]
You avoid all of the traps and return to the entry room.
You sit down and eat your dead bat.
You're too tired from trap-dodging to grab any crystal shards.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Small Dagger, Spellbook (1 Spell), Other Spellbook (1 Spell)
[/spoiler-box]

Talon:
[spoiler-box]
"HEY!" The fairy tells you that you should try to stop the fly from moving.
"Well, you're no help! Now I see how Link feels..." You trap the fairy in your shirt.
You attack the fly again and manage to chop off part of its wing.

Talon's HP: 8/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Skeleton Femur, Frog Tongue
[/spoiler-box]

Ryan:
[spoiler-box]
You look for a spellbook and find one.
You follow Sord across his ice bridge.

Ryan's HP: 9/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Slightly Rusty Greataxe, Cardboard Helmet, Crystal Shards, Spellbook (1 spell)
[/spoiler-box]

PhotonDrop:
[spoiler-box]
You try to leave the cave, but the entrance is magically blocked.
You can't find any good wood nearby.
You find a piece of flint on the ground.

Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Pole With a Knife On It, Mantle, Wolf Meat (Feeds 1 person), Steel Shield, Venison (Feeds 1 person), Chainmail Shirt, Steel Greaves, Flint
[/spoiler-box]

Astuarlen:
[spoiler-box]
You cross the ice bridge safely.
You enter B2. You see a small, old man standing on the bridge.

Astuarlen's HP: 9/10
Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Bundle of Tall Grass, Fistful of Berries (Feeds 1 person), Skeletal Remains, Small Jewel, Frog Meat (Feeds 1 person), Small Wooden Box
[/spoiler-box]

TOH:
[spoiler-box]
You carefully enter room E3 and hug the left wall. It doesn't feel the same way.
You feel your way around the outside of the room. Suddenly, you feel that there's no longer a floor under you. You fall.
You are at the bottom of room E3. After feeling around a little bit, you realize that you barely missed being impaled by a stalagmite.

TOH's HP: 5/10
TOH's Inventory: Leather Armor, Short Sword, Rat-Flail, Rat's Tail, Small Scale
[/spoiler-box]

New Map:
[spoiler-box]
http://img135.imageshack.us/img135/6151/round10mapif3.png
[/spoiler-box]

Randomness
Jun 1, 2008, 08:02 PM
1-Harvest shards
2-Harvest shards
3-If at 60 shards, use a spell to combine into crystal gun. (Yay kirby 64, lol), else, keep gathering