PDA

View Full Version : PA rebalance?

Itachi1990
May 20, 2008, 04:36 PM
Im a noob at this...so wtf is it?

Kanore
May 20, 2008, 04:37 PM
A re-balancing of how much EXP it takes for a PA to level.

Amalga
May 20, 2008, 04:38 PM
Good for everybody who wants their PAs to level faster. All Photon Arts will level up 2-3 times faster than they used to.

Ezodagrom
PA rebalance is actually Photon Art exp boost.
Photon Arts are going to lvl up faster than now. The ones that will get the highest boost is Bullets, but Technics and Skills will also get a boost in how fast they lvl up.

Itachi1990
So is that good or bad?

Itachi1990
May 20, 2008, 04:39 PM
Well thats good cuz its annoying leveling my techs especially megid.

Dragwind
May 20, 2008, 04:45 PM
Yes, lvling up your PA's will be quicker after this update.

gryphonvii
May 20, 2008, 06:34 PM
bad for those who "worked" for their levels and complain the game is getting more noob friendly. Oh well.

MAXrappy
May 20, 2008, 06:43 PM
acctualy wouldnt it be better for it to be more noob friendy? they we might get our 10th player on PC/PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

Wiz
May 20, 2008, 06:44 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:43, MAXrappy wrote:
acctualy wouldnt it be better for it to be more noob friendy? they we might get our 10th player on PC/PS2 http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I see what you did there...

SammaeltheDark
May 20, 2008, 06:56 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:34, gryphonvii wrote:
bad for those who "worked" for their levels and complain the game is getting more noob friendly. Oh well.

This happens all the time in online games. Either planned or via initial oversight by the game designers, things that used to be tough always get easier and it benefits newcomers so they can catch up to people who have been playing longer.

EVE Online is the worst case of a long-time player vs. newb divide since abilities in that game are pretty much based on how long you've been playing it.

Mikura
May 20, 2008, 07:09 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:56, SammaeltheDark wrote:

This happens all the time in online games. Either planned or via initial oversight by the game designers, things that used to be tough always get easier and it benefits newcomers so they can catch up to people who have been playing longer.

EVE Online is the worst case of a long-time player vs. newb divide since abilities in that game are pretty much based on how long you've been playing it.

Yeah, this is pretty much true. I know SE was, and still is, making adjustments to FFXI to make the game a bit easier to newer players. This always upsets the veterans that have been playing since day one, but overall, it really does benefit the game since it promotes new players to come in, or old ones to come back if they quit months ago.

furrypaws
May 20, 2008, 07:39 PM
It kind of makes me sad, since that was the main thing that made me different from people who spent all their time spamming high EXP missions, but hey. What can I do? It'll be nice for the slower leveling techs anyways.

I guess I've just gotta look at the fact that I'll be getting this update too, which will help with those pesky lightning and dark techs that just seem to take forever to level.

Kanore
May 20, 2008, 07:58 PM
Are you serious? I come back and this thread has replies whining about the balancing? You have to be kidding me. I'm so sorry if you spent 50 hours of your life AFK leveling your little techs for a game that no one really plays anymore outside of events and you're complaining about people being able to catch up.

Itachi1990
May 20, 2008, 08:48 PM
So is this comin out on the next update?

Alastor_Haven
May 20, 2008, 08:49 PM
Should be after Mag or a few weeks after

TierrenZX
May 20, 2008, 08:52 PM
actually, I heard someone asking one of the GM's yesterday if we'll be getting the PA rebalance. They said they're still working on it and that it may get delayed.....again..

Oh and inb4 WTFSEGA or any other iteration ya'll come up with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

Itachi1990
May 20, 2008, 08:53 PM
Isn't there supposed to be an update friday if so what is it gona give?

Sekani
May 20, 2008, 11:59 PM
On 2008-05-20 16:56, SammaeltheDark wrote:

Not disagreeing with you, but the PA rebalance was really necessary because of how much EXP missions give nowadays. Characters level up so quickly that it's too difficult to keep your PA levels up as well.

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2008, 06:43 AM
On 2008-05-20 18:52, TierrenZX wrote:
actually, I heard someone asking one of the GM's yesterday if we'll be getting the PA rebalance. They said they're still working on it and that it may get delayed.....again..

Oh and inb4 WTFSEGA or any other iteration ya'll come up with. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wink.gif

There is nothing to work on. Everything i the game is there. Everything they need is server side. It's just a question of "Well, my boss is on vacation and i'm not too good at this, so let's delay for a month or two until my boss gets back, ok?".

Saying they are working on anything is laughable, in fact, I believe it's as simple as...

No mag Event:

mag_event_mission_0

Mag event active and live:

mag_evemt_mission_1

Maybe those GM's don't have admin power over the server and instead have to wait for some rep from ST-Japan to fly over to do it? Then why do we even call them GM's? Can they even do anything in-game? Other than ban you, pretty much no. OK, so not all "GM's" are the police in the game, and can also be just volunteers for the company to answer Q's about the game. Has anyone spoken with a GM to see how utterly clueless they are on the game they are a GM of?

I wouldn't be surprised if this update is pushed back until a week before school starts back up in August.

Why? Because ST loves to piss off or screw people over. This would be the most ideal time... when they can't play and have to return to school. Fuck you, ST.

furrypaws
May 21, 2008, 06:57 AM
On 2008-05-21 04:43, Garnet_Moon wrote:
Saying they are working on anything is laughable, in fact, I believe it's as simple as...

No mag Event:

mag_event_mission_0

mag_evemt_mission_1

I honestly would not be surprised if that was the reason we've been missing updates. >_>

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2008, 06:59 AM
On 2008-05-21 04:57, furrypaws wrote:

No mag Event:

mag_event_mission_0

mag_evemt_mission_1

I honestly would not be surprised if that was the reason we've been missing updates. >_>

My bad. Proof reading costs extra, and since everyone already bitches over the $9.99 we can't raise it any higher. We can however, wait until our boss gets back to do it for us. In about 2 months when he gets back from The Bahamas.

Darius_Drake
May 21, 2008, 11:36 AM
On 2008-05-21 04:59, Garnet_Moon wrote:

On 2008-05-21 04:57, furrypaws wrote:

No mag Event:

mag_event_mission_0

mag_evemt_mission_1

My bad. Proof reading costs extra, and since everyone already bitches over the $9.99 we can't raise it any higher. We can however, wait until our boss gets back to do it for us. In about 2 months when he gets back from The Bahamas.

Oh dang. ROFLMAO!!!!! http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif

SammaeltheDark
May 21, 2008, 12:28 PM
On 2008-05-20 21:59, Sekani wrote:
Not disagreeing with you, but the PA rebalance was really necessary because of how much EXP missions give nowadays. Characters level up so quickly that it's too difficult to keep your PA levels up as well.

Oh hells yeah and I personally can't wait for it. Thanks to the increased XP of MAG, all my TECHs are horribly underleveled for my character level. And also the mere thought of having to AFK grind my buffs from 31 to 41 after ATs get their support cap raised had me ready to cry.

I'm just really curious what keeps pushing the rebalance patch off. I wish they'd tell us after it's all over. ^_^

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 04:06 PM
On 2008-05-21 10:28, SammaeltheDark wrote:

On 2008-05-20 21:59, Sekani wrote:

Oh hells yeah and I personally can't wait for it. Thanks to the increased XP of MAG, all my TECHs are horribly underleveled for my character level. And also the mere thought of having to AFK grind my buffs from 31 to 41 after ATs get their support cap raised had me ready to cry.

I'm just really curious what keeps pushing the rebalance patch off. I wish they'd tell us after it's all over. ^_^

I know that making every thing loleasy for newer players is part of any ORPG, but the easiest way to keep skills and character levels even is for ST to stop these ridiculous EXP multipliers. Having 80% of the players with at least one Lvl 130 is stupid. Its no suprise that people complain there is nothing to do in this game. Its becasue ST hands everything to us on a silver platter.

Sekani
May 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-05-21 14:06, amtalx wrote:
I know that making every thing loleasy for newer players is part of any ORPG, but the easiest way to keep skills and character levels even is for ST to stop these ridiculous EXP multipliers. Having 80% of the players with at least one Lvl 130 is stupid. Its no suprise that people complain there is nothing to do in this game. Its becasue ST hands everything to us on a silver platter.

Actually I think it's more because there's nothing to do in the game. In World of Warcraft, for example, nearly everyone has at least one character at max level, but they have a lot more endgame content. PSU doesn't have anything even resembling an endgame. Once I get a character to level 130, I'm pretty much done with them.

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 04:30 PM
On 2008-05-21 14:24, Sekani wrote:

Actually I think it's more because there's nothing to do in the game. In World of Warcraft, for example, nearly everyone has at least one character at max level, but they have a lot more endgame content. PSU doesn't have anything even resembling an endgame. Once I get a character to level 130, I'm pretty much done with them.

Yea, the only thing that has kept me going this far is my desire to max out every bullet in the game. That's pretty time consuming and would have kept me busy a while longer while we wait 6-8 months for another S rank gun to be released, but ST had something different to say:

"FUCK YOUR PLAN"

SonicTMP
May 21, 2008, 04:35 PM

WRONG. I'm sorry you think it's bad for the population to actually hit level cap ina game. But reality is alot of people do not like to grind to hit end game.

Games are suppost to be fun. If it takes 5 months to get to the "fun" part then dev's will speed up the process to keep people interested.

People cry about there being nothing to do because ST idea of content is not making new stuff but unlocking stuff that has been in place for the past 2 years at an extermely slow rate.

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 04:42 PM
What I should have said is its bad for people to hit the cap when there is nothing to do when you get there. Running people up to the cap and leaving them with Lvl 10 PAs was stupid, but at least they had some work to do when they hit the cap. Now, players will run up to the cap, their PAs leveling all the while and have nothing when they get to the end of the road. If you start playing/return from quitting during an event. This game has about 200-300 hours of content before you've seen and done everything. That fucking unacceptable for a game that has a monthly fee.

Akaimizu
May 21, 2008, 04:56 PM
Even with a 3x bullet and 2x tech level increase, if you plan on levelling a bunch of them, it still won't be finished within 200-300 hours. On the other hand, a couple thousand hours sounds about right if you're going to invest in about 50+ PA arts for a single character. Of course, only melee fans will be the first to get bored. Don't think there is enough melee arts to handle a long play time of raising them. Not with the speed 90% of them raise at.

Now to be fair, nothing in this game takes much time outside of PA arts to level. Maybe except getting certain item drops for yourself (not from a store). I'll never forget that it took until March 11, this year, to get my first De Ragan tail drop, from one of the first missions available in the game.

Still, it's pretty much people reach endgame, ST increases what is the endgame; and the cycle continues. I, pretty much, don't think they'll run the game like certain other companies; but they never really have in the first place. Basically, if you still enjoy what you're doing, you keep playing. If the game loses all appeal, any remotely engaging change to your experience (that would keep you playing) takes way too long to obtain, or you simply don't feel you should invest time in it, that's when you leave the game.

I've quietly walked away from 3 MMOs, in my past. For one of those reasons. So I know my interest in the same stuff doesn't last forever. But that's about it. I say, "Thanks for the memories".

As for me, I personally know I have a lot of stuff to do, even with the PA rebalance. And that's because of how much stuff I'm raising, compared to the amount of hours I can put in, during a week. I still enjoy how it plays, overall, and I have yet to completely burn out on the experience. Will I leave someday? Of course. Nothing lasts forever.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Akaimizu on 2008-05-21 15:01 ]</font>

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 05:03 PM
I was thinking it would be less than 2000 hours. My main has about 1900 and his PAs are almost finished, Rifles and Laser Cannons (two of the hardest) included. With a 3x multipliter on bullets, thats about 600-700 hours. Maybe even less when you consider that I started when the Moatoob was still locked and running any mission besides Fight for Food was a serious accomplishment. Still more than 200-300 hours though. I just kind of assumed that most players aren't as anal about PA levels as I am.

Sekani
May 21, 2008, 05:14 PM
On 2008-05-21 15:03, amtalx wrote:
I just kind of assumed that most players aren't as anal about PA levels as I am.

True that, on all of my PAs I stop caring after level 21. Still, just getting certain techs to level 21 makes me want to poke my eyes out. Even if bullets take longer they still don't drive me as insane as techs do.

RemiusTA
May 21, 2008, 06:40 PM
it makes sense on alot of characters, esp. Forces, because they have to actually put aside time to level the technics since if they play in teams alot, their technics will never level.

I guess they view the need of Buff Parties and AFK leveling as redundant as the rest of us...

Kinako78
May 21, 2008, 09:16 PM
On 2008-05-21 16:40, RemiusTA wrote:
I guess they view the need of Buff Parties and AFK leveling as redundant as the rest of us...

I know I do. And I haven't gotten any buff leveling done lately due to MAG.

superlak
May 24, 2008, 07:54 PM

i'm a noob and i think its great so what those who already have leveled up there pa moves get over it and stop compaining its getting sad
think of pros not cons

chaoskila
May 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
is it out>?????

stukasa
May 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
is it out>?????
No. I think the GMs said it would be "a few weeks after MAG." Since they also said the second MAG event won't affect the update schedule I assume that means the PA rebalance should be coming in 3-4 weeks. That's just a guess though, don't hold me to it. ^^;