PDA

View Full Version : ...What just happened? (MAG)

furrypaws
May 20, 2008, 06:27 PM
So, I was in an A rank MAG mission with a group of four and Sue. We made it all the way to the Ruins. After killing all the monsters in Ruins two, I didn't recieve MP. No, my character was frozen in the spot. I eventually just turned off the PS2 after about a minute of being frozen there, waiting for the MP to load, and it never did. Luckily, it appears I was the only one affected, and I think I got some items from the boxes, but I am very frustrated that I didn't recieve creature count (who knows, might've been Hit the Counter) and I didn't get MP for my level 65 Beast who's a Hunter.

One thing I know for sure was it wasn't lag. I was still seeing their messages (although I couldn't type any of my own), I could still see them move, and I still saw items being distributed.

Basically, when the MP was supposed to load into my character, it didn't. I was stuck inbetween two screens, although being rushed off to dinner, I didn't get to check if it actually processed or not. However, I would assume not.

I noticed that one of them killed a Delseban before the gate was opened. I also heard there was a glitch related to this. Was I afflicted by this?

Either way, I am very, very frustrated. Any replies are appreciated.

tihoa
May 20, 2008, 06:30 PM
the mobs sometimes load before the gate is opened, but it doesn't seem to cause the bug. the bug is random. i've had the entire first wave of deljaben spawn on me and the group killed them before we opened the gate. there was no problem. we killed them after opening the gate before and still no problem. something else must be required to trigger the bug.

II_Tokio_II
May 20, 2008, 09:31 PM
Everytime my party gets that "bug" the second wave never spawns for us if we kill the deljabans and we have to start over.

furrypaws
May 20, 2008, 09:53 PM
Never mind, I think the issue was me, or more specifically, my disc.

Later on, I tried doing a Story Mission (Chap. 2 of EP3 to be exact) and lo and behold, when it came time to recieve my MP (just before the fight with an NPC who will remain unnamed for the sake of spoilers and just before the break point), I recieve the same issue. Just stuck there, waiting forever for my MP screen to pop up, stuck and unresponsive. I then decide to clean my disc, and leaving my PS2 on in the slim hopes it wouldn't disconnect me (I know, futile, but...) I cleaned the disc, and popped it back in. Of course, I was disconnected, but the funniest thing. Just as I hit go back to network mode and as the screen went black, I heard the noise that is accompanied with finishing a mission and receiving MP. Heh.

Then, as a test, I did a quick run of Mad Beasts C. When I got to the end, no issue. I finished flawlessly, and got my whole 1 MP.

A nice side effect is that cleaning the disc for the bajillionth time seems to have fixed another error I was having with going to the World Select screen. I'm quite happy at the moment, but I didn't get any further testing as now it's time for bed. Night everyone, and sorry for the inconvinience.