PDA

View Full Version : Can't decide. Gunner or Techer?

dreamcaster0
May 20, 2008, 11:13 PM
Yes. I realize the first thing people are going to say to me is Guntecher (due to the obvious connection in the title). My question is a bit deeper.

I love using techs and guns, but not the weapons of the Guntecher. I like using the Rifles and now that I've finally seen the light, Shotguns. If I went a techer, I;dwant to uyse JUST techs and not guns... So in the end, what is more useful? a Fortegunner, Fortetecher, or do you still say Guntecher? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif I currently have a CAST Ranger and Newman Force.

Macras
May 20, 2008, 11:30 PM
in all due reality, there is no "more useful" in every situation. and then theres what skills you can master that each class requires. so really, the only way to find out what works better for you is to play them

unicorn
May 20, 2008, 11:41 PM
This is a toughie....

Well there is Acrotecher. Acrotecher can technically be considered a ranger (especially since its also one of its requirements).

Although Acrotecher is much like Guntecher (in ranged weaponry). Then again, Acrotecher's melee beats BOTH range and tech.....so yeah....

It would be awesome if there were a class called "Techgunner", "Beamtecher", "Blastgunner", "Gun-nuker", etc. Where you could have access to S-rank Rifles, Nades, Shotties, Wands, and Cards. Buuuut now I'm going off topic.....

Sexy_Raine
May 20, 2008, 11:59 PM
I have a lot of time dedicated to both fortegunner and fortetecher, and both are enjoyable unlike the melee classes. I couldn't tell you which one to pick, it's your preference to what you like better.

If you're looking for more a challenge, I'd say do fortegunner. It takes a lot of time to build it properly, but it could take on anything when built well. Fortegunner is also less played than fortetecher, so it feels unique.

If you really have a lot of time, why not do both?

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Sexy_Raine on 2008-05-20 22:01 ]</font>

Tetsaru
May 21, 2008, 12:03 AM
Well, I love playing both areas, so I have one character as a Fortegunner, and another as an Acrotecher. If you like rifles and shotguns a lot, Fortegunner would be an excellent choice, since they get access to S ranks for both weapons. When the master classes come out, Gunmaster would also be a good choice for this. For techs, I would suggest either Fortetecher or Acrotecher, and later on, Masterforce. I prefer Acrotecher over Fortetecher simply because they are so much faster and durable, plus they have access to a wide variety of weapons. Just keep in mind though - if you decide to play Acrotecher, PLEASE level your buffs and healing techs. If you want to be a "Fortewhipper," go Wartecher. I've seen too many people play this class JUST for melee and ranged purposes when the main strength of the class is SUPPORT TECHS. But then again, play how you like to... I just don't like seeing people miss the better potential that they could tap into with the classes they choose... it's like seeing a white mage wield a greatsword, lol... >_<

But yeah, I'd suggest trying out whatever interests you, and make a decision from there. The only true way to tell if you like something is just to try it out. :3

Garnet_Moon
May 21, 2008, 07:04 AM
More useful? The gunner. Techers are useless if you remember you have Di-mates and Tri-mates.

Scapes prevent the S-Rank loss.
Buffs are cheap from the vendor.
You make up the losses from preparation in self-aid in the first room too, usually.

Go Gunner. You will have loads of competition, but you will be far from useless.

Eh, go Techer if you want to "stand out" and be a heal bitch. Because that is what you are, and will always be. Try to cast one thing that's not a heal when someone has even 1 HP gone, and you will be booted.

EDIT: And the "Well, I can't be booted if i'm the party lead" argument holds no water. Why? Simple.

Because you then go from being a heal bitch, to the guy everyone says "yes" to and applauds all your gimped damage when you try to DD. We call people who join a party led by a techer "Yes" men, because that is what they are. They are kiss asses and do nothing but keep your self-esteem up, at the cost of cutting their wrists off screen, not having the balls to say it to your face.

I'm different. I say everything that needs to be said. Wish more people would do the same to deflate the ego Techers have.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Garnet_Moon on 2008-05-21 05:08 ]</font>

TecherRamen
May 21, 2008, 09:23 AM
Techers do plenty of damage. You just have to think about what type of spell is going to do the most damage. Healing is important but if you set up your palette right it doesn't take long to cast resta. They are support characters until we get masterforce though. remember that.

NightHawk777
May 21, 2008, 09:24 AM
I have been trying to level up Gun techer to 10 for the master class, and it's killing me lol

I don't know if i can make it.

stukasa
May 21, 2008, 12:39 PM
This is one of those "only you can decide" kind of questions. My main is a Newman fT and one of my alts is a CAST fG and I love them both, to be honest. Here are some things to keep in mind:

- As a techer people will expect you to do support. I'm not saying you HAVE to, but people will probably expect it (at least until Masterforce comes out). If you like helping others, doing support is probably a good thing. If you don't want to be a "nurse," fT is probably not a good choice for you.
- Techers die more easily than gunners but they have healing techs so you don't have to worry about using up your mates.
- Most bullets are kinda boring. They don't have the "flash and bang" that techs do. A level 1 bullet looks the same as a level 40 bullet (except the guns that get more bullets per shot as they level up).
- Gunners get a much wider range of weapons to use. Techers basically rely on 5 weapon types: wand, rod, madoog, cards, and bows.
- Gunners can use melee against bullet-resistant targets. Techers don't do very well with melee. http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_lol.gif
- Right now both bullets and techs take a loooong time to level, but that will change when we get the PA rebalance in a few weeks.

The choice is yours. You can always do what I did, pick one now and then level the other one later.

Gen2000
May 21, 2008, 12:40 PM
More useful: Guntecher, you will save people money every mission and still put out good damage if you know what you're doing, spreading SEs and mindraping the aggro of enemies so that the party can kill them even easier than it is now.

Out of Fortegunner and Fortetecher? Fortegunner.