PDA

View Full Version : The Best crazy idea I ever had for this game

MaximusLight
May 20, 2008, 11:49 PM
I just had the most evil idea...
once I have nothing left to do with my money on PSU, I'm going to purposely buy high priced rares and sell them for dirt cheap, thereby creating massive deflation.

alone this would take forever, however, if I could get welthy people in on it that are bored out of their minds... oh the deflation of player shop prices that would insue.

too bad most people are greedy...

Oh well, anyone up for the idea just to screw with the system? XD

Also curdousy of Skuda:

Mr. Kuda: "The epic struggle of spaghetti..." says:
I think what'll end up happening, is people buy your items for cheep and sell them back at a higher cost
Maximus Light says:
depends on wheather or not people actually wanting them get them first
Maximus Light says:
actually you could potentially just put them up in your shop for incredible low prices then lock the room, people would still see the lower price and either wait for the room to open, panic and drop there prices, or do nothing, the nice thing about the strategy is that it just totally messes with peoples minds XD

Hey no flaming guys, not in my thread.

And like I said my second reply deals with the problem of people buying and selling for higher prices, if it works, testing it right now, if it does Whooo! I'm in bussiness, if not, oh well, I'll just have to wait until I'm redicously far along in the game to have the assets to even attempt such a crazy idea.

Second point I still need other people to help with if it were to ever work, as someone said just sell for 25% off the lowwest price, that would be the idea, just simply have enough people doing that so other people start droping their prices. I don't expect to single-handly crash the system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (unless the lock shop plan does work in which case I can screw with the market all I like)

Just so the people who seem to think this is a bad idea know, this is a theoritical topic, one which discusses a possible method for causing deflation in the PSU shop system, I'll be it a highly improbably method but a serious method none the less. Your concern for the apparent flaw and stupidness of the post has been noted and apprecated.

P.S. this was also meant to cause choas in peoples minds at the very idea, thereby causing a ripple effect through the system which will inevitable cause the wraping in the overall psyche of the player base http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

P.P.S. please note how this post is an example of how to respond to a topic and let your ideas on the subject be known without the need for flaming while still being at least slightly humorous. Please make note of this example in future posts so as to keep the topic relevent and friendly.

Thank you.
Sincerely,

Max_Light

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2008-05-21 14:16 ]</font>

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 12:01 AM
Also curdousy of Skuda:

Mr. Kuda: "The epic struggle of spaghetti..." says:
I think what'll end up happening, is people buy your items for cheep and sell them back at a higher cost
Maximus Light says:
depends on wheather or not people actually wanting them get them first
Maximus Light says:
actually you could potentially just put them up in your shop for incredible low prices then lock the room, people would still see the lower price and either wait for the room to open, panic and drop there prices, or do nothing, the nice thing about the strategy is that it just totally messes with peoples minds XD

Traize
May 21, 2008, 02:50 AM
Well, we used to have a Shop Keepers Guild here at PSOW, I don't know if its still around, but members had to agree to sell for a certain percentage of NPC price.

I've been away a year now so I'm not too up to date on this kind of thing, but it was a decent idea that worked for a time, I used to have all my stuff at 25% or less...

X--Hero--X
May 21, 2008, 03:18 AM
that my take awhile...

R2D6battlebot
May 21, 2008, 03:26 AM
If you lock your shop, it wont show up on the price listings. I think this plan is a dick move, and personally I would just buy everything I saw and resell it just to profit off of this 'grand master plan' and so would everyone else. You wouldnt be able to pull this of for more than one item type anyway, unless you plan on spending multiple stacks of money, because if you dont, people with that much will just buy you out and resell.

TierrenZX
May 21, 2008, 05:25 AM
Only way I could really think of anything remotely close to this happening is if Sega themselves forced a set price to the items. They can go as low as people wanted to, but not higher than the set price.

But then again, there would be both good and bad reprecussions as a result of this. Though more ppl will make as many bad ones than good.

Its an idea, but that's something that I personally wouldn't see taking off either. A lot of greedy people and others in general would probably declare jihad on Sega for pulling such a move lol.

Cry0
May 21, 2008, 05:30 AM
just sell 25% cheaper then the lowest price. That's my motto. shame it never helps a thing.

Chris28
May 21, 2008, 06:21 AM
dumbest topic ever. close it.

MSAksion
May 21, 2008, 03:02 PM
On 2008-05-20 21:49, MaximusLight wrote:
I just had the most evil idea...
once I have nothing left to do with my money on PSU, I'm going to purposely buy high priced rares and sell them for dirt cheap, thereby creating massive deflation.

alone this would take forever, however, if I could get welthy people in on it that are bored out of their minds... oh the deflation of player shop prices that would insue.

too bad most people are greedy...

Oh well, anyone up for the idea just to screw with the system? XD

MAX - long time no teamup XD. I like your idea but its like business. Business is fluid and changing. As soon as something is common its worthless. As soon as something hits its new its hot its rare its expensive.

Your plan has merit. But you can't possibly buy every agito repca or every psycho wand and resell it dirt cheap.

Another bastard will buy yours dirt cheap and sell it real expesnive again xD But this time the bastard wins with pure profit.

Kylie
May 21, 2008, 03:12 PM
Then someone will buy your cheap rares and sell them for much higher prices? http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

Evan-shoots
May 21, 2008, 03:14 PM
That just may be the worst idea you've ever had actually, and by the sounds of it.... probably the only idea.

SStrikerR
May 21, 2008, 03:16 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:14, Evan-shoots wrote:
That just may be the worst idea you've ever had actually, and by the sounds of it.... probably the only idea.

Considering you just joined this year, do you even know ANY of his other ideas? Such as him making a comic book last year and then losing the pictures? and also inb4fkl

Leah
May 21, 2008, 03:32 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:16, Ryan113 wrote:
Considering you just joined this year, do you even know ANY of his other ideas? Such as him making a comic book last year and then losing the pictures? and also inb4fkl

hi~

no one cares about your post count, hope this helps~

edit: or join date~

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Leah on 2008-05-21 13:32 ]</font>

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 03:38 PM
It would be cool if there was a way to do something like this. Because all you folks going "Oh this is stupid what a bad idea"...every last one of you KNOWS the market prices are ridiculous and SHOULD NOT be that high.

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 03:43 PM
I don't think "massive deflation" is possible unless you control a pretty significant portion of all the in-game meseta, certainly more than the money you can hold on a single account. You will just end up making a few customers very happy, and that's fine by me too.

Kanore
May 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:16, Ryan113 wrote:

On 2008-05-21 13:14, Evan-shoots wrote:

ROFL

Okay I'll use your logic: considering I joined years before you, how about you take my advice and not bring up stupid crap like this?

On topic, it seems like a horrible idea. I'd buy your stuff just to sell it at a higher price like someone said earlier.

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 04:15 PM
Hey no flaming guys, not in my thread.

And like I said my second reply deals with the problem of people buying and selling for higher prices, if it works, testing it right now, if it does Whooo! I'm in bussiness, if not, oh well, I'll just have to wait until I'm redicously far along in the game to have the assets to even attempt such a crazy idea.

Second point I still need other people to help with if it were to ever work, as someone said just sell for 25% off the lowwest price, that would be the idea, just simply have enough people doing that so other people start droping their prices. I don't expect to single-handly crash the system http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif (unless the lock shop plan does work in which case I can screw with the market all I like)

Just so the people who seem to think this is a bad idea know, this is a theoritical topic, one which discusses a possible method for causing deflation in the PSU shop system, I'll be it a highly improbably method but a serious method none the less. Your concern for the apparent flaw and stupidness of the post has been noted and apprecated.

P.S. this was also meant to cause choas in peoples minds at the very idea, thereby causing a ripple effect through the system which will inevitable cause the wraping in the overall psyche of the player base http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_wacko.gif

P.P.S. please note how this post is an example of how to respond to a topic and let your ideas on the subject be known without the need for flaming while still being at least slightly humorous. Please make note of this example in future posts so as to keep the topic relevent and friendly.

Thank you.
Sincerely,

Max_Light

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: MaximusLight on 2008-05-21 14:16 ]</font>

Anduril
May 21, 2008, 04:19 PM
I could see this working if you got enough bored rich people to back you up. But seeing how people usually are with their virtual money I doubt anyone will be crazy enough to join your mad crusade.

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 04:22 PM
On 2008-05-21 14:19, Anduril wrote:
I could see this working if you got enough bored rich people to back you up. But seeing how people usually are with their virtual money I doubt anyone will be crazy enough to join your mad crusade.

Aye true enough, still the idea of it all seems wonderfully awesome/random/crazy

MaximusLight
May 21, 2008, 11:04 PM
Well the lock shop idea didn't work so that means that plan B is the only way to implament said system...

Who will join me!?