PDA

View Full Version : If you could give newman's a nanoblast what would you give t

tadtwisted
May 21, 2008, 11:45 AM
I was thinking what about bringing back the twins from pso (mylla & youlla) to give them a lv 50 buff or put a jewel on their forehead and depending on which they choose they would get lv 50 foie tech or barta tech etc... like a blast badge for a beast. The point is lets give newman's some love. Also why cant my RA-Techs hit bosses in multi places. It makes me sad that people are racist twords newman's http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_frown.gif

Anduril
May 21, 2008, 11:47 AM
Photon Seals,as mentioned in Ep1. where they were originally used to house destructive TECHNICs but were then banned by the CoG, though Mikuna found out about them and used a varient form to steal Karen's energy to give to Mirei. Then you could link any TECH to it and the when the bar charges it becomes some kind of massive attack on all enemies. But it's not going to happen, nor any other kind of nanoblast type thing for newmans or humans, and people will start whining in 3,2,1....

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Anduril on 2008-05-21 09:52 ]</font>

Ezodagrom
May 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
well...I guess big techs like the fire explosion the newman vol brother does on story...

Aries2384
May 21, 2008, 11:52 AM
Ut oh.. I could see this thread blowing up. Point is.. newmans are pretty close to humans.. (Story line wise) Just alittle more bioengineered. Beasts are well.. beasts. Bio'd for their strength. So it works. Casts well.. they are roboty and so do roboty thinks like summon massive beams and guns of death from the sky. (GunxSword anyone?) I dont see Newmans getting "summons" or blasts in the future. Albeit.. the summoning thing from PSO would be pretty cool.. give me the vvizard! But to add on.. the Ra and Gi techs that don't hit multiple hit spots have been a issue of much disappointment for me. Remember raping De Rol Le with Ra-foie? Mmmm fun fun. Ahh the good ol' days. How bout destroying Vol Opt with Ra-zonde? Oh yes. In short. I agree. I'd like to see alittle more from ST. Hell.. if they just gave us the upgraded Ra/Gi techs.. I'd be a happy camper. Put techers back up on the damage radar instead of Retardo Jabroga and LoLDmgChikki.

tadtwisted
May 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
the problem is beast's are genetically engineered like newman's so why do they get boned, and I do remember raping de rol le and it was good. Remember you can't rape the willing http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Mysterious-G
May 21, 2008, 11:59 AM
Barneyblast
Green Barneyblast: Super high speed
Purple Barneyblast: Unbelievable power
Yellow Barneyblast: Ultimate defense (Invulnerable)
http://www.st2.com.br/st2_new/admin/noticias/Barney.jpg

;o

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Mysterious-G on 2008-05-21 09:59 ]</font>

panzer_unit
May 21, 2008, 12:00 PM
I'd give both newmans and humans access to Crea weapons (which are arguably their race special enough) regardless of job. Acrofighter spamming gravity breaks with Creasaud? Sure. Protranser with access to Crea daggers and bootin' suren-zan? Hel yeh.

Maybe they need some kind of newman rage mode where all their attacks are 50% stronger but also gain damage reflection... Rutsu makes the Shrine Sisters bleed it out to keep Neudaiz safe from SEED, how about seeing a little of that work ethic from the rest of you pointy-eared slackers?
PS you might want to consider sticking to techer classes for that.

Aries2384
May 21, 2008, 12:04 PM
Can't newmans and humans already use crea shit? I can use a Soda Crea on my newman.. hmm?

gryphonvii
May 21, 2008, 12:08 PM
On 2008-05-21 10:04, Aries2384 wrote:
Can't newmans and humans already use crea shit? I can use a Soda Crea on my newman.. hmm?

practice corporal mortification all you want just don't force it on the rest of us.

Gen2000
May 21, 2008, 12:09 PM
I just assume he means make Crea weapons less shitty than what they are.

If they are supposed to compete with Nanoblast/SUVs they need a lot of work (better stats and extra hit on PAs not just normal attacks). This is something they change right now if wanted to, wouldn't take much effort.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-05-21 10:10 ]</font>

_Tek_
May 21, 2008, 12:14 PM
Much like the nanoblast and SUV, I'd give the newmans the ability to charge and release photon blasts like from PSO. Except they would all be effective, unlike some in the ultimate levels of PSO. Golla's electric attack never did any damage hahaha, we'd have to change that. I think that would work out nicely.

I don't know what you could do with the humans. Perhaps when they're thing charges up they can call on some Legendery PS characters, like Flowens drops in, or red ring rico.

Tsavo
May 21, 2008, 12:38 PM
Tanks

str898mustang
May 21, 2008, 12:43 PM
please stop with these stupid threads......

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 12:58 PM
Newmans having Photon Blasts would be cool.

As for humans, I'd personally go with each weapon type having one "Super Photon Art" that you can buy and equip to the extra slot like SUVs. When the bar fills, equip the weapon type that you have the SPA for and unload.

For example, the Saber having a "grandmaster samurai"-style high speed shockwave slash frenzy that hits everything in range.

Seority
May 21, 2008, 12:59 PM
Since this is a what-if thread, not a it should happen one, I'd say the jewels on the head idea with either the choice of a all out damaging one, like a beasts nano, or a healing/buffing one, like CASTS.
But I'd acctually love for humans to have a purpose in this game, so I'd rather PSU give something to them, but eh, whatever.

Mysterious-G
May 21, 2008, 01:03 PM
On 2008-05-21 10:09, Gen2000 wrote:
I just assume he means make Crea weapons less shitty than what they are.

I am pretty sure he means that they should be able to use crea weapons although the job does not provide the use of it.
Using a Crea Saber as an example, although the the job usually cannot use sabers.

I actually think that is be a pretty good idea.

Rust
May 21, 2008, 01:06 PM
http://www.st2.com.br/st2_new/admin/noticias/Barney.jpg

GH-491, 492 and 493 spotted.

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 01:10 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:03, Mysterious-G wrote:
I am pretty sure he means that they should be able to use crea weapons although the job does not provide the use of it.
Using a Crea Saber as an example, although the the job usually cannot use sabers.

But uh...the Crea weapons suck. Even the newly discovered Creasabra+ kinda sucks, and Tiga Ragan (the 13 star saber) also hits multi-targets without the Human/Newman exclusivity.

blkbeast
May 21, 2008, 01:15 PM
yea...crea blows
the whole jewel idea was good why dont we try to push for that..
its the best soo far i think i mean its not much diff than a badge for beast sooo sega shouldent have a big deal adding it to the game should they?

Gen2000
May 21, 2008, 01:20 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:03, Mysterious-G wrote:

Ah, I gotcha. I would hope they fix Crea weapons before that happen though.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: Gen2000 on 2008-05-21 11:20 ]</font>

Kanore
May 21, 2008, 01:35 PM
Photon Blasts. Thread over.

blkbeast
May 21, 2008, 01:38 PM
yeah kanore wins
its done

Seority
May 21, 2008, 01:53 PM
So this isn't a what-if topic then?
:S

Yeevs
May 21, 2008, 02:10 PM
I'm in favor of pulling Crea weapons out of 'suck' status to 'comparable' as a racial exclusive, but mainly for Humans only. Let Newmans have a summon to work with (a little token of PSO goodness that should've been carried to PSU), and for god's sake let multi-hit spells hit multiple times on multi-box monsters (if damage is that big of a deal, maybe limit to 4 boxes as to not upset Jabrogabombers and Durangabombers when a Gi- or Dam-spell starts toasting bosses like candy).

But back to Crea weapons, they should definitely compare to the moderate-high grade of a rank of weapons (such as have Creas be good 8/9*, Crea+ be good 11/12*, Crea++ [if ever released] be good 14/15*, etc...). I'm not saying Creas should be mock-Psycho Wands and 10/10 Agito Repcas, but at least compare to weapons such as store-bought 9* weapons for the Creas and weapons such as Gudda Hon, Gaozoan, Tesbra, Kan Yu, Bil De Axe, Yamata-misaki, Sanzu-hiken, etc. (11* weapons) for Crea+. To add to it, as a bonus for Humans, give the Creas a perk of their own:
Crea melee weapons: Fourth attack for 2H weapons that can regenerate a good amount of PP, Extra hit on PAs and attacks for Twin/1H Weapons
Crea ranged weapons: Ability to move while firing 2H weapons (would make some VERY deadly Protransers!), extra shot with 1H and Twin 1H weapons
Crea tech weapons: Ability to move while casting (including spells that require channeling, such as Nos- spells, Megiverse, Dam- spells, and Regrants)

panzer_unit
May 21, 2008, 02:11 PM
On 2008-05-21 11:15, blkbeast wrote:
yea...crea blows
the whole jewel idea was good why dont we try to push for that..
its the best soo far i think i mean its not much diff than a badge for beast sooo sega shouldent have a big deal adding it to the game should they?

People complain endlessly about reskinning bosses, but reskinning blast badges for newmans is smart? Newmans should get their own damn special ability.

Maybe a mini-LSS? Charge your emo gauge and generate a ring with constant knockback... then you can be all cool like "I said GATHER FOR BUFFS". Then again, that's too much like SUV. Berzerk mode would be best.

Crea weapons aren't so hot but it would be awesome to get Swords for Acrofighters (they need tornado break), Acrotechers and Fortegunners (gravity break would be one of their best general-use PA, 2 big hits and then juggle 2 monsters) ... or to put Daggers on a Protranser (they could use something like Buten or Hikai).

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: panzer_unit on 2008-05-21 12:15 ]</font>

Nani-chan
May 21, 2008, 02:15 PM
Humans and Newmans get huge Mst, Tp and Evp, and both get more bonus % to various classes with humans getting the most stat bonuses.

If humans could do it all then they wouldn't/shouldn't have created the other races.

Darius_Drake
May 21, 2008, 02:23 PM
I guess for newmans I would allow them to build up there bar to unleash a summoned creature. The job level of the character would determine what the creature summoned would be. Like if they had a choice between a projectile or melee summon: melee summon might start off with a low level job getting a polty, while a higher level might summon a vahra or go vahra. a projectile summon might be a naval, while a higher level job is something like a vanda. As for a human they would just get a stat boost when using crea weapons. Humans are the jack of all trades race. The ability to summon would go with the higher intellect of the newmans. They would seemingly be nice to see an ability that uses this ability.

tadtwisted
May 21, 2008, 02:30 PM
What a can of worms I opened up... the point is everyone race should have a unique ability, but its true crea weapons are not that good. sega is giving us no reason to be a human. The only thing i can think to give humans a advantage is to give them the ability to link 2 photon arts to a weapon. on all 2 handed weapons the right bumper is not in use, what if humans could link 2 arts to a axe or a sword.

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 02:30 PM
On 2008-05-21 12:15, Nani-chan wrote:
Humans and Newmans get huge Mst, Tp and Evp, and both get more bonus % to various classes with humans getting the most stat bonuses.

If humans could do it all then they wouldn't/shouldn't have created the other races.

And yet even with these bonuses Casts and Beasts still outdo them in most jobs. Hmm.

MSAksion
May 21, 2008, 02:59 PM
FORCE - FIELD

A newmans worst attribute is DEFENSE and HP. And their powers are mostly Mentally based. When a newman is damaged to fill up all 5 bars they go into a Trance Mode and create a FORCE - FIELD

Notes on my Force Field

-different colors and different like the Nanoblasts of Beasts.
-The center of the field is the newman in the middle.
-The field can move when the newman moves.
-Teammates can freely enter the field.
-Enemies cannot enter the field

-Perfect for TECHER and RANGER as we stand still off to the side with low HP and low DEF as our weakness for safety.

1) RED - Reduces all types of damage slightly and also Hurts Enemies by Reflecting the damage done to you and the team back at attacker.
2) BLUE - supremely Raises DEFENSE for everyone in the field AND Negates enemy TECH.
3) Yellow - supremeley Raises EVASION for everyone in the field AND negates enemy TECH.
4) Purple - Invincibility - but it only lasts the shortest. Everyone inside the field is 100% protected. Take that Dulk Fakis Meteor.

Or in PSU terms - the same Magical Force field the KAMATOZE and GAINOISE(SP?) use. The ones that protects them from TECH attacks - its the only time i ever see TECH doing Zero. Bullets too.

Tita
May 21, 2008, 03:10 PM
turn them into a giant fireball flying around randomly/uncontrollably in the field.
or ice ball. or lightning ball. or diga ball. or megid ball. or light ball.

Kylie
May 21, 2008, 03:18 PM
On 2008-05-21 09:52, Ezodagrom wrote:
well...I guess big techs like the fire explosion the newman vol brother does on story...

Yes. Something like an SUV except magic-related.

Yuicihi
May 21, 2008, 03:24 PM
A summon ability would be nice, perhaps share it with the Humans.
Doesn't have to be serious either. Like summon a huge flock of Rappies to attack a group of monsters, or somewhat.

SonicTMP
May 21, 2008, 03:27 PM
It's more or less a use for the bar. And if we give newmans something we need to give humans something too. Something for everyone.

Newmans need something technic related. Either some sort of aura that effects the team. Maybe temporary super giresta regen effect or an ampifyled damage aura. I also like the use a super version of a technic idea. OF course that would require ST to do ALOT of work making super versions of each technic.... Not gonna happen.

Humans. We'll I'm human in every game. Humans are always middle of the road. Never with anything speical to make them stand out other than being average in all classes. I couldn't even begin to think what to give humans that wouldn't borrow heavily from nanoblasts or suvs. Maybe if they made the crea weaposn really good, but then eveyone who can't use them would simply cry untill they remove thre restriction.

Personally I can live without a nanoblast or suv on my character. I just wish the non-suv units were better and had more choices. Not to mention they weren't all locked into events only spots. ><

Starrz
May 21, 2008, 03:31 PM
If I could give Newman's a nanoblast, what would it be?

Why Adaka Val of course.

Wait...that was too easy.

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 03:35 PM
On 2008-05-21 12:30, tadtwisted wrote:
What a can of worms I opened up... the point is everyone race should have a unique ability, but its true crea weapons are not that good. sega is giving us no reason to be a human. The only thing i can think to give humans a advantage is to give them the ability to link 2 photon arts to a weapon. on all 2 handed weapons the right bumper is not in use, what if humans could link 2 arts to a axe or a sword.

Or even, if you use a single handed weapon by itself you can link two PAs.

tadtwisted
May 21, 2008, 03:37 PM
On 2008-05-21 13:35, AlphaDragoon wrote:

On 2008-05-21 12:30, tadtwisted wrote:

Or even, if you use a single handed weapon by itself you can link two PAs.

I dont think you can on single handed weapons because when you hit the right bumper it switches from the right haned weapon to the left

AlphaDragoon
May 21, 2008, 03:40 PM
Using single handed weapon without a left handed weapon = two open spots. Or even, use that pick up stuff button as a second PA button when you're not near items, like PSO.

The idea would kinda suck if it was only two-handed weapons, anyway.

Ryudo
May 21, 2008, 03:44 PM
I'm sure I read somewhere before PSU's release that newmans would have the ability to combine certain technics and PAs they should just do that

Darius_Drake
May 21, 2008, 04:05 PM
I like the ability for humans to have two pa's on a weapon. It would be effective if the only weapon they could do it for were the crea weapons. This would make the weapons strong and relevant. You would even be able to go from one pa into another one with proper timing. That would be very sweet. That would give new power for those that have chosen to be human acrofighters.

PALRAPPYS
May 21, 2008, 04:11 PM
Newmans need a win button.

Charge up the meter in one hit and press X+Y and you finish. Automatic S rank and free boss boxes in every mission.

http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_biggrin.gif

ashley50
May 21, 2008, 04:24 PM
On 2008-05-21 10:43, str898mustang wrote:
please stop with these stupid threads......

My Thoughts exactly

Thor131
May 21, 2008, 04:27 PM
If they did something they could trydo some summons.

Example:
http://images.wikia.com/dothack/images/e/e5/Spirits.jpg

Vulcan, the Spirit of Fire
Merrows, the Spirit of Ice
Krake, the Spirit of Lightning
Yarthkins, the Spirit of Ground
Lanceor, the Spirit of Light
Wryneck, the Spirit of Dark

Shiro_Ryuu
May 21, 2008, 04:56 PM
I would say to make Crea Weapons awesome, and make Ra-spells hit multiple targets of a big monster. Maybe make Attack TECHs stronger since many people here are just going off about how they do crap damage, that way they'll be a more viable choice of damage for Wartecher, Guntecher, and Acrotecher.

Orin654
May 21, 2008, 06:04 PM
Elemental Nano Blast. You know, stuff like that meteor attack Dark Fakis did.

chaoskila
May 21, 2008, 06:05 PM
BIGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
HUGGGGGGGGGe ZONDE

RemiusTA
May 21, 2008, 07:05 PM
either:

1) a huge boost of a certian stat along with a huge boost of casting/attacking speed

2) something similar to a MAG blast.

I would just like to use it and transform my force into a rapid-fire nuking machine of epic proportions.

Edit: that casts another 300% faster and does 2000 more damage than usual

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: RemiusTA on 2008-05-21 17:05 ]</font>

amtalx
May 21, 2008, 07:09 PM
I'd give them a pacifier so they can SHUT THE HELL UP. My little Newman does just fine without a special attack.

Kanore
May 21, 2008, 08:53 PM

Example:

How about
Farlla, spinning dragon
Estlla, ramming dolphin
Golla, energy concentrating moose/deer
Pilla, casts Heaven Punisher
Mylla&Youlla, weird twins that buff
Leilla, female/squid-like creature that casts Resta.

Oh wait did I just name PSO's summon-like photon blasts which I mentioned on page 2? Oh my!

Libram
May 22, 2008, 12:06 AM
If you wanna fix Crea weapons here's a thought. They can keep their reduced strength and extra hit exclusivity for the standard combo, but give them a hidden modifier to really pump up the PA damage output. The Creas then become PA powerhouses that can recharge far faster than any conventional weapon.

VetroDrago
May 22, 2008, 12:31 AM
On 2008-05-21 18:53, Kanore wrote:

Example:

How about
Farlla, spinning dragon
Estlla, ramming dolphin
Leilla, female/squid-like creature that casts Resta.

Oh wait did I just name PSO's summon-like photon blasts which I mentioned on page 2? Oh my!

Owned indeed.

mvffin
May 22, 2008, 01:10 AM
TIME STOP

Shinko
May 22, 2008, 01:27 AM
On 2008-05-21 10:00, panzer_unit wrote:
I'd give both newmans and humans access to Crea weapons (which are arguably their race special enough) regardless of job. Acrofighter spamming gravity breaks with Creasaud? Sure. Protranser with access to Crea daggers and bootin' suren-zan? Hel yeh.

Maybe they need some kind of newman rage mode where all their attacks are 50% stronger but also gain damage reflection... Rutsu makes the Shrine Sisters bleed it out to keep Neudaiz safe from SEED, how about seeing a little of that work ethic from the rest of you pointy-eared slackers?
PS you might want to consider sticking to techer classes for that.

crea weapon meh that not anything....
also i heard there going be be crea weapons that only cast and beast can use which is bull because this was pose to be humans and newmans special... now there taking that alway from them....

Shinko
May 22, 2008, 02:09 AM
well i think if they did give newmans a special it could be a lil somthing like this.

once there fully charge they can use a special move on there wands or rods that do crazy amounts of damage. Like a ray of light from the sky. or falling meteors. and u have to buy these specials and only can u one at a time (new once should be very hard to get)... it should be called 'Spiritual Blast'

Now for humans.... the should just get the old mags back and only they can use them and it (meaning they are the only ones that can get the boost in stats from the mag and have a special too) but the MAG blast special should't do as much damage as an SUV, Nanoblast or Spiritual Blast because just getting the boost in stat is good in it self already.

but yea i think this would be good..... what u all think

ChaoStrike777
May 22, 2008, 02:26 AM
IF I could give newmans a special, I would probably give them something along the lines of like 2 super technics (x button would be an explosion and the y button would be like a shockwave). However, nothing is going to change because we are dealing with Sega Team, and we all should know that by now.

Personal thoughs on Specials
Human=Nothing (Jack of all trades, master of none)
Newman=Tech Blast(Something that shows mastery of techs)
Beast= Nanoblast(Shows Strength and come in 4 pretty colors)
Cast= SUV(Giant gun shows ranged ability)
Just something for the Speciality races, which happen to include a Newman....

EDIT: Added punctuation and this statement.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: ChaoStrike777 on 2008-05-22 00:28 ]</font>

Tetsaru
May 22, 2008, 02:57 AM
Some random ideas:

Newmans could enter an enhanced state for a while (similar to Nanoblasts) where one or more of the following things could happen:

- techers could receive enhancements to their techs: if using rods, techs would enter a "Lv60 cap" of sorts to make them even more deadly and visually appealing. If using wand + tech-mag, an ability to "dual-wield" techs simultaneously, depending on what techs are linked (e.g., how the Vanda Orgas in the Awoken Serpent and Caves areas can throw 2 Foies at once); or gain access to completely new, "ultimate" or "non-elemental" techs for a set amount of time

- melee-class Newmans could gain access to significantly quicker attacking AND running speeds, and would have infinite PP, to allow for massive PA-spamming; or would gain new attacks for whatever weapon is used. While Nanoblasts would have POWER, this would give Newmans SPEED.

- gunner-class Newmans could have enhanced range and/or firing rate for their guns, or the ability to FPV and move with any gun, etc.

As for Humans... I'm not sure exactly what would suit them best... Perhaps just give them the old Photon Blast attacks from PSO, or something similar...

chaostroop3
May 25, 2008, 12:29 AM
you fill your bar and use your new super duper ....errrr power that gives you a big shockwave aura or something and get some really powerful techs like

x-mega foie
y-mega barta
rb x-mega diga
rb-y mega zonde

(i play 360 so i used 360 keys)

Phoenix_Black
May 25, 2008, 12:47 AM
I thought about this before. I believe they and humans should have some kind of special atack when using a mag... Basically the photon blasts from PSO....

Or.... Have crea weapons usable by all, but they get a big stat boost when equipped by humans or neumans.

tadtwisted
May 27, 2008, 12:32 AM
bump!!!

Leah
May 27, 2008, 12:38 AM
god damn it http://www.forumcorn.com/imabouttopop.gif

Darius_Drake
May 27, 2008, 02:24 PM
What would you guys think of this?

Human= Crea Mastery:
Both humans and newmans could use crea weapons, but only humans would have crea mastery. After filling up the charge meter humans would have the ability to go into a berserk mode which grants the human the ability to link together two different pa skills in the same combo. Now the human could do the first or first two hits of one pa skill and move to the next pa skill and finish the combo. This mode would wear off after a certain amount of time. An extended combo due to this ability might be:
attack - attack - pa attack 1 - pa attack 1 - pa attack 2 - pa attack 2 - pa attack 2

Newman= Summon:
This would be both a nice visual special and a throw back to PSO. The summon the newman would have would be the specials the mags of PSO gave you after taking so much damage. These summons would include, but not be limited to:
Farlla, spinning dragon
Estlla, ramming dolphin
Leilla, female/squid-like creature that casts Resta

Beast= Nanoblast:
We have it already, no description needed.

Cast= SUV:
Again we already have it, no description needed.

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 02:46 PM
What would you guys think of this?

Human= Crea Mastery:
Both humans and newmans could use crea weapons, but only humans would have crea mastery. After filling up the charge meter humans would have the ability to go into a berserk mode which grants the human the ability to link together two different pa skills in the same combo. Now the human could do the first or first two hits of one pa skill and move to the next pa skill and finish the combo. This mode would wear off after a certain amount of time. An extended combo due to this ability might be:
attack - attack - pa attack 1 - pa attack 1 - pa attack 2 - pa attack 2 - pa attack 2

Newman= Summon:
This would be both a nice visual special and a throw back to PSO. The summon the newman would have would be the specials the mags of PSO gave you after taking so much damage. These summons would include, but not be limited to:
Farlla, spinning dragon
Estlla, ramming dolphin
Leilla, female/squid-like creature that casts Resta

Beast= Nanoblast:
We have it already, no description needed.

Cast= SUV:
Again we already have it, no description needed.

ok the newman one is perfect there's no need to mess with that but the human one..... idk.... don't really seem all that special. berserk mode should be just that berserk mode meaning you have no control of you character and he/she go off into a berserk rage attacking the nearest enemies with an random weapons and pa's moves you have on. with increased speed and attacking and casting speed. (you should still be able to heal though)

or maybe you could control them and there be berserk pa's you can buy and only humans can use it and only when they are in that mode. And these pa's do crazy amounts of damage.

But if you would go this way with berserk mode you would have to explain why crea weapons ONLY make humans go into berserk mode

Darius_Drake
May 27, 2008, 02:56 PM
ok the newman one is perfect there's no need to mess with that but the human one..... idk.... don't really seem all that special. berserk mode should be just that berserk mode meaning you have no control of you character and he/she go off into a berserk rage attacking the nearest enemies with an random weapons and pa's moves you have on. with increased speed and attacking and casting speed. (you should still be able to heal though)

or maybe you could control them and there be berserk pa's you can buy and only humans can use it and only when they are in that mode. And these pa's do crazy amounts of damage.

But if you would go this way with berserk mode you would have to explain why crea weapons ONLY make humans go into berserk mode
I guess calling it a beserk mode is not a good idea. I was really looking for a way to make crea weapons useful and giving humans a special at the same time. I guess instead of calling it beserk mode you could call it "crea focus". A state that allows you to highten your skills with crea weapons to previously unseen heights. The reason I would use crea weapons only is because crea weapons are limited to humans and newmans only and at this point in time are pretty much useless weapons for the most part. They do seem to have higher photon points and lower attack power which could stop this type of attack and ability from becoming completely broken. Imagine a human fortefighter using an agito repca grinded 6 times combining two pa skills... seriously broken.

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
I guess calling it a beserk mode is not a good idea. I was really looking for a way to make crea weapons useful and giving humans a special at the same time. I guess instead of calling it beserk mode you could call it "crea focus". A state that allows you to highten your skills with crea weapons to previously unseen heights. The reason I would use crea weapons only is because crea weapons are limited to humans and newmans only and at this point in time are pretty much useless weapons for the most part. They do seem to have higher photon points and lower attack power which could stop this type of attack and ability from becoming completely broken. Imagine a human acrofighter using an agito repca grinded 6 times combining two pa skills... seriously broken.

1st off acrofigher can't use agito repca anyways. and even if you could u two pa's at once like that ur pp would run out way 2 fast (especially if your MF) But besides all that i still can see it being anything special. this is just what i think don't take it in the wrong way or anything

and that one thing about the crea's i don't like is how segac don't explain why only a human and newman can use them. That's like giving humans the ability to fly but not saying why or how. I like crea's to and i think they should have something humans can only do with the crea's 2 but have a why and how is what i'm saying

Darius_Drake
May 27, 2008, 03:31 PM
1st off acrofigher can't use agito repca anyways. and even if you could u two pa's at once like that ur pp would run out way 2 fast (especially if your MF) But besides all that i still can see it being anything special. this is just what i think don't take it in the wrong way or anything

and that one thing about the crea's i don't like is how segac don't explain why only a human and newman can use them. That's like giving humans the ability to fly but not saying why or how. I like crea's to and i think they should have something humans can only do with the crea's 2 but have a why and how is what i'm saying

Sorry about the error, I meant fortefighter. I was initially going to use another weapon as an example. Not taking it the wrong way, just trying to think up ways to give each character a special. Not every idea is going to be perfect. Idea won't be any better than the current system if nobody likes the special. I agree with you on the crea weapons though. It would be nice to know the story behind why beast's and cast's don't have the ability to use them.

Zorafim
May 27, 2008, 03:32 PM
Cast's SUVs are based off of Wren's (and maybe Demi's) skill attacks, where Wren fires off a weapon stored in his body. As such, you'd expect the newman special attacks to work similarly. Since PSU's newmans are based off of Dezolians, they'd probably have one of Raja's special attacks. Thus, I provide these attacks.

Blessing: Provides all buffs to surrounding team mates at the buff's highest level.
St. Fire: Creates a large light based magic attack, similar in fashion to an SUV.
Ataraxia: Refills all nearby team mate's PP gauge to full on all weapons.
Miracle: Revives and recovers HP and status of all surrounding team mates.

Of course, I'd much rather they get Illusion, Double Slash, Eliminate, and Disrupt all in one attack, but this would assume that the newmans in question were something more than space elves.

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 03:55 PM
Sorry about the error, I meant fortefighter. I was initially going to use another weapon as an example. Not taking it the wrong way, just trying to think up ways to give each character a special. Not every idea is going to be perfect. Idea won't be any better than the current system if nobody likes the special. I agree with you on the crea weapons though. It would be nice to know the story behind why beast's and cast's don't have the ability to use them.

well if u come up others let us know. i like there kinda topic heh

Maelstrom 180
Sep 26, 2008, 02:55 AM
Cast: SUV, Using a massive nano transformer to unleash a terifying weapon or in rare cases uplinking with distant weapons. Determined by equipment

Beast: Nanoblast, the ability for a beast to revert to a primal form and use devistating physical power to attack. Determined by tatoo

Newmans: Photon Nova, Using sheer spiritual prowess, a newman temporary becomes a being of pure energy during combat. (similar to nanoblast, but one for each element, IE: Folus, fire based form using dual fireball spell foire? and the fire wall spell but with heightened range and power. Asceleon, light based form featuring high powered giresta+buff spell and debuff+light damage spell) Determined by armor element? (non elemental having no form) (this also is similar to nanoblast, where you control the character not a miniture cutsceneline attack like SUVS)

Humans: Weapon Mastery, As creators of the first photon weapons, humans using their long honed skills unleash a devistating combo of attacks using a variety of weapons. (cutscene like attack similar to casts wherein a human uses all of the weapons on their pallet to attack the enemies each once, IE: Twin saber/twin dagger/claws/knuckles rush combo to nearest enemy or boss for classic samurai rush past them striking them, then switching to an axe or spear or double saber or sword and leaps into the air and strikes next target or boss with devistating blow, then switches to twin handguns or rifle or beam cannon or grenade launcher or bow and fires high powered attack, then changes to a staff and uses a powerful multielemental spell beam to inflict multiple debuffs and random status effect to enemy, and as for single hand striking weapons it could be a single staggering strike, and for single hand ranged it could be a knockdown attack, and for wand it could be a random high level status, for misc weapons like whips or mags, whips or slicers could have a powerful knockback and a gun mag could make a sweeping short range machinegun fire while a techmag heals the user, i dont know but i feel a very fast moving attack would be cool, damage based on the user, and the player able to see their character using all their weapons on various enemies or a boss at different positions could be useful yet not too overpowered, as they wouldnt be any stronger, but invincible, just my 2 cents ) Determined by pallet

Genoa
Sep 26, 2008, 05:40 AM
I don't agree with the Tech idea for the simple fact that just because your newman doesn't mean you HAVE to play a Tech Type. (I... prefer tech types on my newman, but I'm just stating the fact)

I think it would be neat if newmans had personal shielding. It could resemble Adahna Degahna's / Magas Maggahna shielding system.
It could last as long as a blue beast's Nanoblast.
This way, with invincibility, it can benefit any newman type.
If you're a fighter type, you can just recklessly JA in a crowd of enemies.
If you're a gunner type, you can just use weapons such as Shotguns and Crossbows down an enemy's throat with no fear.
If you're a techer type (omg no way), you can run in the middle of it all and spam some Gi techs :D

I'm sure you can think of other reasons, but that's what first came to mind for me.
I always thought that shield system looked neat D: ... I wouldn't mind seeing that on my newman ;D
Personally this whole summoning thing is just a little too... Final Fantasy for me >_>
Also, I've always said that Newmans don't really need a special ability to prove their 1337ness ;3
I suppose Humans should get something if newmans do.
Humans can have bonus' for all the Hybrid classes
oh wait :roll:

Alastor_Haven
Sep 26, 2008, 05:50 AM
Newman huh?

shape shift into a mother fuckin Alterzagoug

After that they can go out of the lobby

And completely BAWWW Everyone out of WB

Therefor

Effectively making everyone stop WB

H3Av3NS PUNISH3R
Sep 26, 2008, 06:59 AM
Newman huh?

shape shift into a mother fuckin Alterzagoug

After that they can go out of the lobby

And completely BAWWW Everyone out of WB

Therefor

Effectively making everyone stop WB

I can agree with that:lol:

Genoa
Sep 26, 2008, 07:01 AM
You can agree with it, yet the Location on your profile makes me lol.

Marron_Shido
Sep 26, 2008, 08:19 AM
I'm not sure if any of you have played Valkyrie Profile (either version) but I kinda like that the way they did special attacks in that game when you filled up the gauge. Casters types could access beefed of version of one their attack spells, ranged and melee attackers type could unleashed an advance version of their current PAs (like an extended combo) .

Genoa
Sep 26, 2008, 08:22 AM
I'm not sure if any of you have played Valkyrie Profile (either version) but I kinda like that the way they did special attacks in that game when you filled up the gauge. Casters types could access beefed of version of one their attack spells, ranged and melee attackers type could unleashed an advance version of their current PAs (like an extended combo) .

This would seem fitting if a character was a set type, however, you can be whatever type you want. Giving newmans a TECH special is saying that newmans can only use techs, techs are newmans, the term is synonymous, newmans shouldn't even be able to equip anything that doesn't cast a technique <_>

Crimson Knight
Sep 26, 2008, 08:32 AM
If newmans had a nanoblast it should be an elemental attack....it would be like a blizzard, or thunderstorm, or raining digas, or A Volcano or something elemental.
That way it wont be to OP like SUV's
Ull have to do elemental to be powerful :D

Inazuma
Sep 26, 2008, 01:08 PM
extremely large, flashy, powerful techs that slaughter entire rooms would work just fine. i also would love to have one that creates a forcefield around your char for a short time, and any party member who goes inside it will also be invincible. and lastly, there should be one that has a pretty small size and range but does insane damage, so its suitable for single monsters such as bosses.

Juza
Sep 26, 2008, 01:21 PM
Easy. You press your two buttons, and your character starts bawling.

Rika and Nei show up out of a dimensional rift, kick the room's butt on a level even Paradi can't comprehend, then hug your character and tell you that it's all right, one day Sonic Team will pay for their sins.

Kylie
Sep 26, 2008, 01:27 PM
First of all, I wouldn't give them one, but if I HAD to, summons / photon blasts. Calling them photon blasts would make more sense to me since newmans are so in-tuned with photons (episode 3, chapter 4). But, basically, they'd summon some sort of creature with their magical photons powers that have effects similar to a CAST's SUVs.