PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone else noticed...

zandra117
May 21, 2008, 12:53 PM
Has anyone else noticed that the purple defense beast nanoblast (Boggo Val) charges faster than the other nanoblasts? I was messing around on my female beast character Zandra and just noticed that I was using my nanoblast alot more often than the other beasts in the party. The people in my party even made comments about me getting nanoblast faster. I dont think I was getting hit more beause my beast is a ranger.

Seority
May 21, 2008, 12:55 PM
I don't really think that it does charge faster. Probably just how much damage input/output you were getting was higher in that party then normal.

PALRAPPYS
May 21, 2008, 05:14 PM
Record a video of the same mission on the same rank, and try all nanoblasts. That's how you can really check...

Pandaling
May 21, 2008, 05:16 PM
I use the blue one (invincible ftw) and I could cast it maybe 6 or 7 times during a MAG C run (and my beast was like less than lvl 50). She is a FF and does get a lot of hits from stuff though http://www.pso-world.com/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/anime1.gif

Ahkaskar
May 21, 2008, 05:25 PM
Yeah, they simply don't charge any faster. You get more charge from being hit very hard, but it works the same way no matter which NB you have or if you have a SUV.

Anduril
May 21, 2008, 06:06 PM
The only thing that I have noticed that charges the bar faster is the type of weapon you use. For example, though minute, I can charge up faster using a shotgun than by using a rifle. This is on a MAG C run just up to the room where only Boomas spawn, so I don't take much, if any, damage. The charge is just maybe 2 or 3 hits sooner, so it doesn't seem significant.

Mystic_Nessly
May 24, 2008, 11:30 PM
I think someone from here or from the official forums did a few test runs and concluded that the speed of the photon blast charges were determined by 'the ratio of the damage dealt to the enemy ' TO the 'enemies' health.'

Example:
Dealing 500 damage to an enemy with 1000 HP will yield greater photon charge than dealing 500 damage to an enemy with 2500 HP.

Sol_B4dguy
May 25, 2008, 01:06 AM
Seems to also charge faster with multi-hit weapons. I did the full double-saber combo on a group of boomas and got a LOT of NB energy.

McLaughlin
May 25, 2008, 01:19 AM
Seems to also charge faster with multi-hit weapons. I did the full double-saber combo on a group of boomas and got a LOT of NB energy.

You're doing more damage.