PDA

View Full Version : 2nd MAG Event

Blueblur
May 24, 2008, 07:55 PM
I checked and didn't see this posted. Chillaura has made some new information public in regards to the MAG fiasco.

We are now planning the two week Maximum Attack G extension for sometime in late June, and this will not delay other June content updates. The Maximum Attack G rewards will be delayed until after the 2nd MAG event.

-ChillAuraOriginal post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=902942&highlight=#902942)

Also...

We are planning the event extension for late June and the MAG rewards should come in early July. This will not effect other content scheduled for June, including PA experience rebalance.

-ChillOriginal post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=903000&highlight=#903000)

And...

We do have a new schedule now but can still only say this the plan for the 2nd MAG event. The kill count will carry over and there will be new leaderboards.

The main thing that has changed is that we are not offering free play for the 2nd MAG event for PC/PS2 users, although the current PC/PS2 billing bypass will remain in place until the permanent billing fix has been completed. More information on the billing system fix and how this will affect players bills will come when we have those details.

-ChillOriginal post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=903091&highlight=#903091)

So we're gonna have plenty of time before we resume MAG runs. I personally don't mind as I was going insane from all the solo runs I did. And its a shame they won't be offering the free play for those of you who are 065 victims.

EDIT:Here's another blurb from chillaura.

I tried to make it clear that this was not direct compensation for 065 users and we are still resolving the billing situation.

I know the wait is a drag for those in the top 500 kill ranking leaderboard but since we want to extend the event we have delayed the rewards.

Sonic Team was not responsible for the 065 error and we really appreciate that they want to give everyone a two week 2nd round of MAG. I am sorry we announced it to the community prematurely.

-ChillAuraOriginal post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=903156&highlight=#903156)

2nd EDIT: There are no confirmed dates for the return of MAG, the PA re-balance or any content updates. All we have is "late June" for MAG. Everything else you read are rumors.

chaoskila
May 24, 2008, 08:01 PM
2nd mag starts late june ?... thats no good

Chris28
May 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
gives me time to recover from the first MAG. lol

Costa
May 24, 2008, 08:06 PM
Fucked over by Sonic Team again.

Sydz
May 24, 2008, 08:07 PM
it also means we wont get rewards until late july/early august

Kamiense
May 24, 2008, 08:10 PM
Now I can finally get prepared for MAG instead of coming in at the end.

I really need the Pushans.

chaoskila
May 24, 2008, 08:11 PM
lol i thnk mag coming back is bad cuz now what are we gonna do after its gone?
white beast f that

superlak
May 24, 2008, 08:13 PM
i dont mind i was fine without mag now its back to my endless search for a black heart aura and psycho wand it seems to be a never ending quest lol
also hit me up for some synth items i seem to get alot of good ones tarts the name :)

stukasa
May 24, 2008, 08:15 PM
So we're not getting our MAG rewards until July? That sucks, how are we supposed to grind and synth all the stuff we found during the event?? Oh well, I can wait a little longer I guess. I just hope the PA rebalance is still on schedule...

Ezodagrom
May 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
They said the pa rebalance is coming early June (I guess in 1 to 3 weeks).
But I kinda have the feeling it's gonna be delayed once again ._.

Shadwitz
May 24, 2008, 08:18 PM
Gives me time to recharge my batteries so I can get on the kill boards this time. I would have, but yep. I got 65'd, too.

I need to find more synth mats for all the stuff I picked up, anyway.

Katrina
May 24, 2008, 08:19 PM
I just hope the kill counts carry over so we have another chance at grinding bonus

Reginaldo
May 24, 2008, 08:20 PM
MAG has been like the peak of AoI haha.

Blueblur
May 24, 2008, 08:22 PM
From what chillaura has posted, I think it might be safe to assume that we may get some content updates before MAG comes back. It could lobby decorations and one new mission or it could be that and more (like that sweet sweet PA re-balance).

We'll have to wait to find out.

_Vyser_
May 24, 2008, 08:25 PM
I just hope it isn't Easter again for MAG 2

Mawile
May 24, 2008, 08:32 PM
There goes any and all chance at getting a pushan.

I first came and checked PSU out again because of the event. So in essence I was thinking it was lasting to June 6, and that would have been fine. I didn't know it was free yet until i saw a post about it.

So thinking i had a decent amount of time, I took it easy, chilling and leveling my alts and not hardcore maxing out for badges.

And now this delay to late June. I won't even be here in late june. What the hell. This is great, i get to miss out on the synthing bonuses, all the other rewards, and any chance at getting a pushan because Sonic Team pulled another Sonic Team. Joy.

Blueblur
May 24, 2008, 08:34 PM
Really? I could use the Serafi feathers for the 6 Halp Serafi boards I picked up during MAG. But I really want is to level my main up to 130. I sort of neglected her during the last 2 weeks of the event.

Sydz
May 24, 2008, 08:38 PM
Well, on the plus side, it beats "We screwed up, have a week of 3 star luck"

Kaloa
May 24, 2008, 09:01 PM
I'm really bummed about having to wait until July for our prizes. I'm also mildly annoyed that I wasn't able to get my second Pushan OR trade in my remaining badges. There was too much misinformation floating around, and we were hit with the truth far too late.

I am kind of looking forward to a second shot at getting on the leader boards though.

OldCast
May 24, 2008, 09:12 PM
I don't undrerstand how they keep messing things up so bad..?!

Sol_B4dguy
May 24, 2008, 09:15 PM
Meh, I can synth my Halp Serafi and still have time to gather the golds for my Rucar. Well, when my PC stops being cantankerous, that is. ><

Sasamichan
May 24, 2008, 09:25 PM
Why can't they just give those who earned the needle/medals already? I don't care about everything else.

Thor131
May 24, 2008, 09:33 PM
That is totaly unfair I was going to synth some new weapons and armor when those synth boosts came out but now I'll have to wait thats just BUNK!!!

Criss
May 24, 2008, 09:40 PM
Well then it's time to round up some friends and go on a world tour and run all missions in a row. :3

Blueblur
May 24, 2008, 09:42 PM
Here's another blurb from chillaura.

I tried to make it clear that this was not direct compensation for 065 users and we are still resolving the billing situation.

I know the wait is a drag for those in the top 500 kill ranking leaderboard but since we want to extend the event we have delayed the rewards.

Sonic Team was not responsible for the 065 error and we really appreciate that they want to give everyone a two week 2nd round of MAG. I am sorry we announced it to the community prematurely.

-ChillAuraOriginal post (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?p=903156&highlight=#903156)

I didn't post this earlier because its a repeat of the same information. Its still worth mentioning because Chill admits to announcing the MAG extension prematurely... you know, before they know what was really going to happen.

I'm going to add it the OP.

Svaltus
May 24, 2008, 09:45 PM
Oh... I think this time First place will be mine! :P

DarkEliteRico
May 24, 2008, 09:57 PM
So we're not getting our MAG rewards until July? That sucks, how are we supposed to grind and synth all the stuff we found during the event?? Oh well, I can wait a little longer I guess. I just hope the PA rebalance is still on schedule... What schedule have you been looking at...they've hinted at it multiple times and keep pushing it farther back. Last note was a few weeks after MAG....but that raises a new question, which one?

ShadowDragon28
May 24, 2008, 10:34 PM
http://www.youthblog.org/archives/ANNOYED.jpg

Realmz
May 24, 2008, 11:04 PM
Meh, I can synth my Halp Serafi and still have time to gather the golds for my Rucar. Well, when my PC stops being cantankerous, that is. ><

damn you! i've been hunting for goldania since i got my board and i ain't found one! aaaargh!

Desecration
May 24, 2008, 11:16 PM
I wonder if the PA rebalance will be given before the second MAG.

Sydz
May 24, 2008, 11:17 PM
This brings up another point, What happens to people who already Ranked on the leader board? Can they compete for another spread? Will they only get one? Can they take up leader slots to prevent others, or be disqualified entirely?

Dragwind
May 24, 2008, 11:28 PM
Apparently you just can't use the same character. So they could use another character and get another one.

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 12:25 AM
Nice very nice. i'm happy about this. it give us time to rest and prepare for the leaderboards again. I'm very happy about it. i was going crazy doing runs all day everyday so this is perfect. Just wish i had train my other character for the next mag event. Now i have to train another character the hard way

Saraphina
May 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
I personally love this wait on rewards and the chance to get our grind bonus.. i have lots of time to farm non-MAG boards and mat's now^^ here i come polymer and walnas~

Para
May 25, 2008, 12:36 AM
Well... Im glad we're getting a "break" for the MA:G event in a positive light. Im sure there were some people who were getting bored of the event and running the same damn mission over and over again and yet not finding anything. Atleast with this break it will allow us to rewind and recharge for MA:G the 2nd.

Though the rewards delay is sorta meh lol. If we get the PA rebalance when MA:G the 2nd hits... would be pretty good though.

Alastor_Haven
May 25, 2008, 01:22 AM
Inb4WE CAN'T GIVE YOU THE EXTENSION

I mean Yes!! I'm so happy

xXJoshXx
May 25, 2008, 01:23 AM
Yeah sega always trying to screw something over really pisses me off >.<

shadowsniper6
May 25, 2008, 01:33 AM
Apparently you just can't use the same character. So they could use another character and get another one.

So that means that they could get two?

Gigorman
May 25, 2008, 02:13 AM
So that means that they could get two?

There is a player that has all four of his characters on the leaderboard.

Almeho
May 25, 2008, 02:44 AM
I think I'm going to use the downtime to gather materials that aren't availible from MAG. I need Goldania for the Rucars. Even though all these delays/screw-ups are lame, it is nice to take a breather from MAG spamming. But, I too am interested in the updates for June. I've really looked forward to the PA one...

Syl
May 25, 2008, 02:53 AM
I'll be gone during the first couple of days of July and mid July again. Hopefully I can get on the leaderboards and stay there.

Clint
May 25, 2008, 05:21 AM
OH NOOO!!!! :-o

SnowfoxZero
May 25, 2008, 05:40 AM
Fucked over by Sonic Team again.

You'll get used to it...

Anyone know when the master classes come? will this delay it?

Shardio
May 25, 2008, 05:45 AM
This is great!
I've got exams in the next few weeks, and MA:G just magically reappears when they end.
Sonic Team must've known this.

Thanks, guys!

RemiusTA
May 25, 2008, 06:31 AM
Dude what the FUCK is late june?

God damn they fucking suck at everything, dont they.

Juza
May 25, 2008, 06:36 AM
I'm fine with it. Especially if (and it's a big if, of course) the PA rebalance comes before MAG part 2. I end up soloing a lot, so my PAs/techs/bullets aren't nearly as bad as they could be. But my characters are still rather gimpy for their levels thanks to MAG. Full HP + normal XP for awhile = I'll appear to suck less during MAG 2. :p

I'm rather bemused that there's all this confusion over at Sega about what to do about the 065/etc. situation. Still, this is far better than the Sonic Team I'm used to. In fairness, my last dealings with Sega/ST were during PSO - the *original* PSO. I admit I missed out on the 'fun' I hear happened during the early days of PSU, but from what I can see, Sonic Team's come a long way at least. Not that they still don't have an equally long way to go.

If anyone should be annoyed, it should be you brave loonies who threw off sleep to fight for a place on the leaderboards. They really need to give you guys your spread needles soon(tm) rather than later. The rest? Meh. I'll admit I'm biased, I want time to get 42-50% weapons to use during any grinding bonus we might manage to get. :3 (Assuming our kills carry over, which I heard they will, but rumors and PSU...)

DreXxiN
May 25, 2008, 08:34 AM
So glad I got that free month the GM promised me in Dagora =).

*Sigh* Screenshotless again this time :(

Dragon_Knight
May 25, 2008, 08:55 AM
I'm rather bemused that there's all this confusion over at Sega about what to do about the 065/etc. situation. Still, this is far better than the Sonic Team I'm used to. In fairness, my last dealings with Sega/ST were during PSO - the *original* PSO. I admit I missed out on the 'fun' I hear happened during the early days of PSU, but from what I can see, Sonic Team's come a long way at least. Not that they still don't have an equally long way to go.

Not for nothing...but I don't think Sega has changed at ALL since PSO came out. They set themselves up by making the DC version(and all other console versions there after) client side and made no attempts to patch against the cheat devices. Though how far they could take that is questionable anyway. But any patches they did make tended to screw up anyway...if I recall the double save patch correctly. It was mildly acceptable back in V1 days since anyone could play for free...you get what you pay for...but I've played many other FREE online games since then, all of which show vastly superior support compared to Sega.

Atomic646
May 25, 2008, 09:07 AM
Mag again... Just end it all ready...

RemiusTA
May 25, 2008, 09:14 AM
If the pa balance isnt before the next MAG, im so quitting this game. Im sick and tired of this service, its the kind of shit you get from a F2P game like Flyff or some garbage like that.

Why the hell does it take them a full MONTH to get back to MAG? Late June is like 3 weeks from now, thats like half the summer.

Im waiting on a date for the PA rebalance now. If it doesnt come before june 15th...

Juza
May 25, 2008, 09:20 AM
Not for nothing...but I don't think Sega has changed at ALL since PSO came out. They set themselves up by making the DC version(and all other console versions there after) client side and made no attempts to patch against the cheat devices. Though how far they could take that is questionable anyway. But any patches they did make tended to screw up anyway...if I recall the double save patch correctly. It was mildly acceptable back in V1 days since anyone could play for free...you get what you pay for...but I've played many other FREE online games since then, all of which show vastly superior support compared to Sega.

I think they've changed; if only because data isn't stored client side now. Apparently, they hired a twelve year old amateur programmer at some point to tell them that storing data client side is a VERY BAD IDEA. :D

Patching is meaningless with character data stored client side - there was nothing they could do since it was too late for them to reverse that bad decision. I remember a running battle between ST and what's-his-face - they implemented something, within a week, their fix had been bypassed.

Okay, that's not a huge change, but it's the most important change I could imagine ST going through. :p Nobody likes corrupted character data, especially after wasting a few thousand hours hunting teh rarz.

As for support, well, they're not good. Far from the worst I've seen, however. Even with regard to updates, amazingly enough. (I'm looking at you CCP and EVE Online. Soon(tm).) They could be far better, as I noted earlier; and with little effort. Like, stop spewing information that isn't confirmed by HQ or whatever. Nobody's going to pull out pitchforkacs and torchics, maybe, and mob the GMs, for all love. There's no need to be going on about what *might* happen to compensate for problems. False information is far more damaging than 'We're working on ideas for compensation. Unfortunately, we don't know yet. We'll let the players know as soon as we're sure what will happen.'

DarkEliteRico
May 25, 2008, 09:36 AM
I wonder if the PA rebalance will be given before the second MAG.
Doubtful considering they're saying we'll get the second MAG in less then two weeks, i'll just level my PA's at MY convenience and hopes that it will come out sooner then later. My laser cannons have been lacking that oooopmh i've been wanting.

Sekani
May 25, 2008, 09:46 AM
If I was one of the people that got hit with Error 065 I'd be pretty pissed right about now.

superlak
May 25, 2008, 09:51 AM
i know this is very newb of me to ask but im a newb so i guess its ok lol
what was error 065

Realmz
May 25, 2008, 09:52 AM
Doubtful considering they're saying we'll get the second MAG in less then two weeks, i'll just level my PA's at MY convenience and hopes that it will come out sooner then later. My laser cannons have been lacking that oooopmh i've been wanting.

"We are planning the event extension for late June and the MAG rewards should come in early July. This will not effect other content scheduled for June, including PA experience rebalance."

it's starting to look like people didn't even read the first post...

the major problem was communication, Sonic Team's plan was for the break in the MA:G event, SoA's branch just announced it early. Seems this board has become even more cynical since i left

Atomic646
May 25, 2008, 10:12 AM
what was error 065

A billing error that kept Pc/Ps2 people from playing (A pending cancel I think :\ )

Golto
May 25, 2008, 10:25 AM
MAG 2nd time around get ready for halloween rappies :P.

Blueblur
May 25, 2008, 10:27 AM
"We are planning the event extension for late June and the MAG rewards should come in early July. This will not effect other content scheduled for June, including PA experience rebalance."

it's starting to look like people didn't even read the first post...

the major problem was communication, Sonic Team's plan was for the break in the MA:G event, SoA's branch just announced it early. Seems this board has become even more cynical since i left
Seriously people, read the 1st post of the thread before jumping to conclusions.

Dragon_Knight
May 25, 2008, 01:16 PM
I think they've changed; if only because data isn't stored client side now. Apparently, they hired a twelve year old amateur programmer at some point to tell them that storing data client side is a VERY BAD IDEA. :D

Patching is meaningless with character data stored client side - there was nothing they could do since it was too late for them to reverse that bad decision. I remember a running battle between ST and what's-his-face - they implemented something, within a week, their fix had been bypassed.

Okay, that's not a huge change, but it's the most important change I could imagine ST going through. :p Nobody likes corrupted character data, especially after wasting a few thousand hours hunting teh rarz.

As for support, well, they're not good. Far from the worst I've seen, however. Even with regard to updates, amazingly enough. (I'm looking at you CCP and EVE Online. Soon(tm).) They could be far better, as I noted earlier; and with little effort. Like, stop spewing information that isn't confirmed by HQ or whatever. Nobody's going to pull out pitchforkacs and torchics, maybe, and mob the GMs, for all love. There's no need to be going on about what *might* happen to compensate for problems. False information is far more damaging than 'We're working on ideas for compensation. Unfortunately, we don't know yet. We'll let the players know as soon as we're sure what will happen.'

Barubary....heh I almost forgot about him.

Sir_Satyr
May 25, 2008, 01:18 PM
Not as bad as I would have expected.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 25, 2008, 01:22 PM
If I was one of the people that got hit with Error 065 I'd be pretty pissed right about now.Well, that's pretty much everyone who doesn't use the 6-month subscription, since the billing issue has been going on for an entire month now. If it weren't for the "fix" of making it free, I wouldn't be able to log on right now, and my subscription just ended a couple days ago.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 01:25 PM
The PA rebalance very well could come before the second MAG. It all depends on what SEGA is going to decide on. We'll just have to wait and see...

Clint
May 25, 2008, 02:16 PM
what was error 065

Your account is gone into a never ending pending cancelation state and you cannot log in or renew your GL = Gaurdian Licence

WOW! :-o

Voison
May 25, 2008, 03:49 PM
wow...

Reipard
May 25, 2008, 03:57 PM
If the pa balance isnt before the next MAG, im so quitting this game. Im sick and tired of this service, its the kind of shit you get from a F2P game like Flyff or some garbage like that.

Why the hell does it take them a full MONTH to get back to MAG? Late June is like 3 weeks from now, thats like half the summer.

Im waiting on a date for the PA rebalance now. If it doesnt come before june 15th...

I'm glad to see you finally understand everyone's frustration here. This really is quite ridiculous, I agree.

Ken_Silver
May 25, 2008, 09:04 PM
This is madness. All I care about at this point is rather we still have a chance to get the Sange or not. That is the biggest reward that MAG had to offer, so that is what I want.

F*** Sega of America for being stubborn about compensation. I wish there was something that we could really do that would actually get their attention.

At this point, I don't think that Sonic Team is at fault.

blkbeast
May 25, 2008, 09:27 PM
This is madness. All I care about at this point is rather we still have a chance to get the Sange or not. That is the biggest reward that MAG had to offer, so that is what I want.

F*** Sega of America for being stubborn about compensation. I wish there was something that we could really do that would actually get their attention.

At this point, I don't think that Sonic Team is at fault.
i 2nd that
this is a load of S***
what have we done wrong is all i ask...
besides a select crowd "a really big crowd" cheating but i mean no1 is perfect...

Powder Keg
May 25, 2008, 10:20 PM
I figured I would wait a while given the planned extension to get my second Pushan. By the time I found out that wasn't happening, I had 83 out of the 99 badges I needed, and not enough time to get the last few I needed.

I'm really going to lol if we end up not getting the extension.

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 12:03 AM
There is a player that has all four of his characters on the leaderboard.

O.o i didn't know you could do that...

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 12:58 AM
If the point total does indeed carry over, then we should be getting Sange no problem I'd think. Unless that is, a good amount of people don't care to go back.

ShadowDragon28
May 26, 2008, 05:34 AM
The total kills better carry over... need last two rewards.

BladeWindD
May 26, 2008, 10:40 AM
I hope the total kills are carry over. I want those last two reward! >.<