PDA

View Full Version : PSO pc Import

Orlandu
Jan 23, 2003, 02:28 AM
I used to play PSO on the Dreamcast about a year ago. I moved and stop playing because my new home had Cable internet but I couldn't even find a Broadband adapter. I wasn't going to pay for a dial up ISP when I already had better. So I stopped.

Now I want to play again, but I no longer have my DC nor a GameCube. I don't want to buy a GC just for one game.

So, anyone know of a site or place to import PSOpc? Also, does it require a license like v2 did for the DC with a monthly fee and all?

Thanks for the help.

Atax
Jan 23, 2003, 11:48 AM
I myself, would like to know where to get it from too. Though I'm having second thoughts after hearing about how one of the asian servers are going down.

I can tell you that a monthly HL fee is invloved, though.

eRUPT
Jan 23, 2003, 11:57 AM
http://shop.himeya.com has it and that is where I got my copy from.

Yes there's a hunter license its the old $15 / 3 months plan.

Orlandu
Jan 23, 2003, 06:34 PM
Well, $70 is a bit more than I was hoping to play but if it comes down to that I may. Also, is the GC version multiplayer offline? If it is, then I may go that route once I have the funds to purchase it.

Kaervek
Jan 24, 2003, 12:49 AM
Yes, it is multi-player offline. However, you have to realize the fact that each of the four screens are considerably smaller than usual, so the game compensates by removing some windows/HUD items. You can bring them up with a simlpe button press.

All in all, it's great for veteran players, but if you try to play with a noob offline multi-player, you'll find yourself doing ALOT of explaining.

Orlandu
Jan 24, 2003, 05:15 PM
Well, thanks everyone for your help. Either way its going to be more money than I have right now. I mainly want to play with my brother, and we're both experiance players (so the GC multiplayer wouldn't be a problem). I guess if I go with the PC version, getting 2 games and 2 subscriptions would be just as much as buying a GC and game.

It'd be nice if the PC version was LAN multiplayer, then I would defenitely go that route. Happy hunting everyone. Thanks again for the help.

Para
Jan 24, 2003, 05:18 PM
On 2003-01-24 14:15, Orlandu wrote:
Well, thanks everyone for your help. Either way its going to be more money than I have right now. I mainly want to play with my brother, and we're both experiance players (so the GC multiplayer wouldn't be a problem). I guess if I go with the PC version, getting 2 games and 2 subscriptions would be just as much as buying a GC and game.

It'd be nice if the PC version was LAN multiplayer, then I would defenitely go that route. Happy hunting everyone. Thanks again for the help.

i suggested LAN multiplayer on the SEGA boards but not enough people responding on the boards to actually make SEGA do something about it >_<

SSDDR
Jan 24, 2003, 05:43 PM
you can download a demo of it from sonicteam, it even plays online! http://www.sonicteam.com/pso/pc/index.html

Orlandu
Jan 25, 2003, 07:01 PM
I have the demo. I've played it through several times and I'm going to play it again right now, lol.

I just wish it was a little cheaper for the full thing. If only they'd officially release it in the USA, it would be cheaper.

hucasts_rock
Jan 25, 2003, 09:35 PM
On 2003-01-23 21:49, Kaervek wrote:
but if you try to play with a noob offline multi-player, you'll find yourself doing ALOT of explaining.

ugh, yeah...none of my friends have much experience with PSO or never even heard of it...most of them don't even have a DC, GC, or X-box...I can only stand a few minutes offline multiplayer with one of my friends...all I have to say is ugh...I hate trying to explain how to play a video game to anyone...I just left him playing his RAmarl online...but it was still question after question...it frustrates me...http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_nono.gif

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: hucasts_rock on 2003-01-25 18:37 ]</font>

BeatZero
Jan 26, 2003, 01:22 AM
is it in english?

dvs69
Jan 26, 2003, 01:41 AM
They have the JP import which language can be converted to many languages in which english is included. I am not sure how it works on the ships though, if you buy it import can you play on JP ships or are US ships up for pso?

eRUPT Edit: Use JP, as JAP is a offensive term.

<font size=-1>[ This Message was edited by: eRUPT on 2003-01-26 14:18 ]</font>

BeatZero
Jan 26, 2003, 01:45 AM
o? well since its not out here i would assume all the people there are japanese....

are they still bringing it over here?

Para
Jan 26, 2003, 01:47 AM
it is not known... as i said i already put up several threads on the sega community boards to get people to request for PSO for pc... and i put in some suggestions as well... unfortunately... there hasnt been enough response....

BeatZero
Jan 26, 2003, 01:51 AM
oh well i have my GC and im ordering my keyboard on monday.

Para
Jan 26, 2003, 01:53 AM
ahh heres the thread.... SUPPORT IT !!! >.<
http://boards.sega.com/cgi-bin/segaboards/topic.cgi?forum=14&topic=647

Ian D
Jan 26, 2003, 02:01 AM
/me supports

Para
Jan 26, 2003, 04:53 PM
try and actually post on it ;P
i need more support people >_<