PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 2nd era of the MG imminent?

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 02:57 AM
I know the whole community was pissed about the Time Attack leaderboard being 'sploited with the MG, but no one really addressed the possible advent of the second MG glitch on 360.

It took ST a really long time to patch the glitch that got popularized during 1up, and certain things about the economy got pretty damaged during those months it worked. Basically, anything that dropped from something that couldn't be MG'd was super expensive (Orpad/Legs, Rattlesnake etc).

Has there been any word on ST even confirming that they know the newest method?

I'm hoping it's something they don't need to pass a title update for.....or we may have to wait until September or so, knowing Microsoft lol.

In the meanwhile, i'll be grinding some Beam Vulcanics again.....you know, just in case. Yeah.

Alastor_Haven
May 25, 2008, 02:58 AM
Kekekeke 360

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 02:59 AM
Kekekeke 360

I'm all for the console warring, trust me. But not right now.

Syl
May 25, 2008, 03:01 AM
Actually, this would be the third. There was another that was supposedly patched a month or two before MAG. Although it's pretty obvious that it still exists (TA boards=proof), I don't think Sega has made any sort of announcement just yet on this particular one.

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 03:04 AM
Actually, this would be the third. There was another that was supposedly patched a month or two before MAG. Although it's pretty obvious that it still exists (TA boards=proof), I don't think Sega has made any sort of announcement just yet on this particular one.

The first popular one was the scope one, i think. It was only 1x but it was very popular because you couldn't do any better damage in Vanilla anyway.

The second one was the crazy one, going up to 4x firing rate and destroying the value of anything shootable.

The third is just the second, but it didn't refill itself IIRC. they didn't actually "fix" it. Bad for regular 4 block missions.

Of course, MAG Forest-to-Mines isn't exactly a long mission, and teh enemies last a lot shorter.

Katrina
May 25, 2008, 05:24 AM
The MG glitch on 360, speed hax on PC, unfounded rumors of a slicer glitch. I hope some of these are fixed, or rumors put to rest.

I think the MG glitch will be patched, as it's the focus of a large number of complaint threads on the official forums. Though my faith in ST is a bit diminished atm.

RemiusTA
May 25, 2008, 06:36 AM
Kekekeke 360

Funny how they do this but get mad when their platform gets ravaged with hacking plauges and everyone gets banned

jayster
May 25, 2008, 07:26 AM
The first popular one was the scope one, i think. It was only 1x but it was very popular because you couldn't do any better damage in Vanilla anyway.

The second one was the crazy one, going up to 4x firing rate and destroying the value of anything shootable.

The third is just the second, but it didn't refill itself IIRC. they didn't actually "fix" it. Bad for regular 4 block missions.

Of course, MAG Forest-to-Mines isn't exactly a long mission, and teh enemies last a lot shorter.

no.

MGG#1, most commonly known as the 1up MGG. Switch between goggles and MG to shoot up to 4x as fast depending on MG pp.

MGG#2, also known as post AOI MGG. Switch between item on pallette and MG to shoot up to 4x as fast.

MGG#3, also known as the unknown MGG. I know how to do this but I won't say it for the public. It can shoot up to 4x as fast, the pp does refill, but everytime it refills, it loses about 100 pp. So eventually it will run out. You can only strafe while using it, no turning. If you get hit by anything, or fall down, the glitch stopps and you have to redo it.

Basically, the new MGG is useless and not even worth using. The in ability to turn and the fact that getting hit by anything at all stops it makes it not worth using. Not much of a worry, I doubt anyone would go through the trouble to try and use it.

Vashyron
May 25, 2008, 07:32 AM
I doubt anyone would go through the trouble to try and use it.

Look at the MAG leaderboard and some posts on Official Forum. ¬¬

Powder Keg
May 25, 2008, 07:53 AM
If that's what was used, it's obviously possible on both servers. There's proof enough since someone on PC/PS2 beat the people who originally cheated by cheating.

jayster
May 25, 2008, 08:22 AM
Look at the MAG leaderboard and some posts on Official Forum. ¬¬

I dont think you understand that it would be pointless, it would slow you down. Maybe if the mission was just a straight path. It's trickier to get started than the last one and you have to restart if everytime you want to turn, unless the monster is directly infront of you, you have to strafe all around to try and get it infront of you. If you're doing a C rank, you could probably have cleared the whole room before you get the glitch going. Maybe, if you're a pro at it and can get it started in a split second everytime, it could help on the TA runs but I still don't even know about that.

EDIT: nvm, apparently VOLTRON (pikacheif) and his crew used the MGG to get on TA boards...

bp_shoruko
May 25, 2008, 11:45 AM
console fanboyism... how fuckin' stupid.

Vashyron
May 25, 2008, 11:54 AM
I dont think you understand that it would be pointless, it would slow you down. Maybe if the mission was just a straight path. It's trickier to get started than the last one and you have to restart if everytime you want to turn, unless the monster is directly infront of you, you have to strafe all around to try and get it infront of you. If you're doing a C rank, you could probably have cleared the whole room before you get the glitch going. Maybe, if you're a pro at it and can get it started in a split second everytime, it could help on the TA runs but I still don't even know about that.

EDIT: nvm, apparently VOLTRON (pikacheif) and his crew used the MGG to get on TA boards...

That was what I was referring to.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
What, what are these rumors of a slicer glitch?

I surely hope not...

Vashyron
May 25, 2008, 12:42 PM
What, what are these rumors of a slicer glitch?

I surely hope not...

If it's the one I'm thinking about it's not really that good. =/

Mr_Confused
May 25, 2008, 12:48 PM
There is indeed a slicer glitch, but its nothing too big now. before they nerfed chikki it was a little bit bigger problem. all it does is if you press the normal attack button and before the slicer hits any monsters press the PA attack button and the normal attack button will get the same attack power as the PA has. Its not a big deal. its hard to do on purpose and usually results in a couple of monsters getting hit for some extra damage.

desturel
May 25, 2008, 12:56 PM
no.

MGG#1, most commonly known as the 1up MGG. Switch between goggles and MG to shoot up to 4x as fast depending on MG pp.

There was one before 1up. People were using it for speed seabed runs to get quick meseta. They fixed that one and it turned into the 1up version. I was fortetecher at the time so unfortunately I don't know the details of what the difference between the two were. I just know a few times I joined a seabed run everyone else in the party had mechguns and were tearing down monsters faster than I could debuff (pre-AotI BTW so debuffs were still useful in groups).