PDA

View Full Version : Where are all the biracial characters?

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 12:10 PM
Biracial Story mode characters...? I mean I know theyre out there somewhere!
What's up with all the biracial relationships in the story mode ending in weird stereotypical soap opera-esque ways? Like Maya and that scientist guy. He got turned into seed, or wait did he get eaten...I digress. What's up with that? Can two different races ont his game not breed? :O

Discuss..Inb4Karren/Ethan

Proto07
May 25, 2008, 12:21 PM
Magashi.

Son of Mother Brain and Howzer.

Katrina
May 25, 2008, 12:23 PM
Doogie? Neil Patric Harris and breeding are synonymous.

On topic, I don't think casts can breed with the fleshies <_>

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 12:24 PM
lol you know i was think the same thing. after 100 years of peace together i know some people of other race have to had fallin in love with each other.

but yea i think the can (beside CAST) but i don't think sega shows biracial character be i would think they would have mixed abilities and stat (ex. beast and newman. have good magic and able to nanoblast.)
Now it would be nice to see something like this but then ppl would start wanting this there self and ask sega to put mix race as a character creation. And i don't think sega want that because i don't think anyone would pick the pure non mix races any more.... unless the miss ones had great downfalls or there some special about the pure breeds.

Though me myself i think it would be interesting if they did. It'll be the 1st mmo that i know of that did that and it would make it stand out more.

Endykins
May 25, 2008, 12:30 PM
Endbringer + Laia. Enough said.

Don't tell Lou >.>

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
lol you know i was think the same thing. after 100 years of peace together i know some people of other race have to had fallin in love with each other.

but yea i think the can (beside CAST) but i don't think sega shows biracial character be i would think they would have mixed abilities and stat (ex. beast and newman. have good magic and able to nanoblast.)
Now it would be nice to see something like this but then ppl would start wanting this there self and ask sega to put mix race as a character creation. And i don't think sega want that because i don't think anyone would pick the pure non mix races any more.... unless the miss ones had great downfalls or there some special about the pure breeds.

Though me myself i think it would be interesting if they did. It'll be the 1st mmo that i know of that did that and it would make it stand out more.

Yeah and on the cast note, I'd say since they can go fleshy, who's to say PSU casts cant y'know, put buns in the oven...*whistle*

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 12:32 PM
Endbringer + Laia. Enough said.

Don't tell Lou >.>

:x I just mailed her, she wants you to get your stuff out of her 1 bedroom appartment in downtown soho.xD

_K1_
May 25, 2008, 12:33 PM
Offline in Ep 1, there's a kid in Moatoob who's part Newman and part Beast, so its something they thought of.

Also, there's the CAST chick who keeps hitting on Ethan, if that counts.

Shardio
May 25, 2008, 12:34 PM
I thought there was actually a biracial character in story mode.
Newman/Beast I think... he was always complaining how he got the worst traits of both races or something lol.

Katrina
May 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
If she's hitting on Ethan, I'd attribute that to faulty programming

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 12:35 PM
I thought in the story we find out that Magashi is a clone of Howzer, or something like that, since there are multiples of Magashi.

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 12:38 PM
Offline in Ep 1, there's a kid in Moatoob who's part Newman and part Beast,

Really? I haven't seen that...

beatrixkiddo
May 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
I thought there was actually a biracial character in story mode.
Newman/Beast I think... he was always complaining how he got the worst traits of both races or something lol.

So... weak + smelly? D:

Kinako78
May 25, 2008, 12:39 PM
Yeah and on the cast note, I'd say since they can go fleshy, who's to say PSU casts cant y'know, put buns in the oven...*whistle*

Like Armitage? :D

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 01:27 PM
I always thought that Ethan should hook up with that CAST woman in Parum. She doesn't mess around with playing hard to get, you know her for a few days and she's already talking about baby making :P

Dragwind
May 25, 2008, 01:59 PM
Wait, what? I thought races couldn't mix. I must see this newman/beast kid...

Shinko
May 25, 2008, 02:08 PM
I always thought that Ethan should hook up with that CAST woman in Parum. She doesn't mess around with playing hard to get, you know her for a few days and she's already talking about baby making :P

lol yea i remember that. Yea i was thinking that same thing but you kno ethan loves Karen to much for that. I wish cast could wear clothes like hers (amf ones)
but there just no way a cast could make a kid with any other race unless there a cyborg.... im trying to think of ideas but im lost here. can u all thing of some kinda way

Shardio
May 25, 2008, 02:31 PM
So... weak + smelly? D:

No, tacky + duuuurr

Blueblur
May 25, 2008, 02:48 PM
Can anyone get a pic of the "Newman/Beast kid?"

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 03:02 PM
Can anyone get a pic of the "Newman/Beast kid?"

I 2nd this motion.

Katrina
May 25, 2008, 03:15 PM
http://www.imagehosting.com/out.php/i1762515_SpockVulcan.jpg

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 03:21 PM
^Rofl! Thanks!

Legendria
May 25, 2008, 03:22 PM

Definetly the best possible picture for the situation. :yogurt:

EtherForce
May 25, 2008, 03:33 PM
Don't be silly. Of course CAST can breed with other races. They're not robutts, they're biodroids. Actually I don't really know, I just made that up but a guy can dream right?

_K1_
May 25, 2008, 05:36 PM
Can anyone get a pic of the "Newman/Beast kid?"According to http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/Universe/CiviliansMoatoob.html his name is Faori Koid. If you track down the PSU story mode script (should be somewhere in these forums), you can probably find his dialog.

Dragwind
May 25, 2008, 05:39 PM
Well if this beast/newman thing is right, looks like I might have to do a bit of changing in a fanfic.

Adriano
May 25, 2008, 05:47 PM
According to http://www.phantasystardynasty.com/Universe/CiviliansMoatoob.html his name is Faori Koid. If you track down the PSU story mode script (should be somewhere in these forums), you can probably find his dialog.

I am interested in seeing a screen shot though, in that desription it says in parenthesis "looks like a newman"....Hm..sounds like a cop out D=

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 05:53 PM
I'll get a screen shot in 2 or 3 hours if no one else gets one.

Proto07
May 25, 2008, 05:59 PM
Heh, I was expecting Tuvok...

Magitek_X
May 25, 2008, 06:48 PM
I'd actually would like for there to be in future versions of the game to be able to use hybrid races. Might make things more interesting for sure but would be very hard to balance in the end. Newman + human could create a human with better magic skills and evade than humans but would be more physically frail. Cyborg humans could get mini SUVs and have more magic resistance than regular CASTS, etc.

BigshowPat
May 25, 2008, 06:52 PM
I want a Spock character!!!!

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 07:32 PM
I think Spock is more of a cast/newman though.

Ken_Silver
May 25, 2008, 08:03 PM
I am sure that mixed races exist in the PSU universe, but I doubt that Sonic Team will ever address it.

Look at Laia, she's the only Beast character not to have beast ears. Look at the availabe options for us and then look at her ears. They seem Newman-ish, to say the least.

Alizarin
May 25, 2008, 08:17 PM
The other main story character Beasts have those short pointed ears. Look at Leo, Tonnio, Tylor and Liina.

Piper_Maru
May 25, 2008, 08:57 PM
Took a few pics. Some of them lack in quality...but what can I say, I did my best. I apologize for the ugly and blurriness.

First, two pics that show he is part Newman, part beast.
]
http://i30.tinypic.com/28gw9pw.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hz73x3.jpg

And a close up of his head.

http://i30.tinypic.com/e3dky.jpg

Ken_Silver
May 25, 2008, 09:10 PM
Took a few pics. Some of them lack in quality...but what can I say, I did my best. I apologize for the ugly and blurriness.

First, two pics that show he is part Newman, part beast.
]
http://i30.tinypic.com/28gw9pw.jpg

http://i30.tinypic.com/2hz73x3.jpg

And a close up of his head.

http://i30.tinypic.com/e3dky.jpg

I guess some traits are dominant and recessive. He may look Newman, but actually be a beast in "stats." An interesting concept.

And I was wrong, because all of the other beast story characters do have normal ears. Those ears should be available to our custom characters too, in that case.

Sega, you fail once more :twak:

Zellis
May 25, 2008, 09:44 PM
I would love to have Tonnio's Ears for my beast! I hate the 3 options i have to choose from. Batman, mini-batman... or Floppy Dog ears.

Lyric
May 25, 2008, 10:58 PM
You know, all and all a Beast/Newman hybrid would basically be a human on average. A human with pointy/fuzzy ears that may or may not be able to transform into something. Though it would be nuts if one were to get the best of both worlds, haha.

pikachief
May 25, 2008, 11:14 PM
I would love to have Tonnio's Ears for my beast! I hate the 3 options i have to choose from. Batman, mini-batman... or Floppy Dog ears.

Ok, then u get a 4th, go check again and be amazed!

Shiro_Ryuu
May 25, 2008, 11:44 PM
It would be awesome to be a half-breed and get the best of both worlds, the Newman's prettiness and mind with the Beast's strength.

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 01:05 AM
Something tells me hybrid races would be pretty fail in stats as that kid claims to be, or have stats similar to humans, but probably worse imo.

landman
May 26, 2008, 01:28 AM
Ethan convinces the female CAST who hits on him to "marry" the other CAST (in GRM shop) who has a human son adopted so she can have a child, the boy is in the CAST parts store if you missed him in story mode...

And the newman/beast boy says he has the physical strength of a newman and the mental strength of a Beast...

Also, there is a human girl in the guardians colony (2nd or 3rd floor) who asks Ethan to say something to the Beast guy in the Central table and I thing they end going out.

zandra117
May 26, 2008, 01:40 AM
I'd imagine that a newman/beast hybrid would end up being something similar to Rika, a newman from phantasy star 4. Statistically very different than the current newmans. Very kickass though.

Shinko
May 26, 2008, 03:41 AM
It would be awesome to be a half-breed and get the best of both worlds, the Newman's prettiness and mind with the Beast's strength.

Yes that would be great. I wish u could do that

Arika
May 26, 2008, 04:06 AM
Well, I think it is too hard to control the mix race both physical and status
and i don't see any other game do it either. or rare.

Adriano
May 26, 2008, 04:25 AM
Well, I think it is too hard to control the mix race both physical and status
and i don't see any other game do it either. or rare.

Ok, When I Started this thread, I meant, why arent there any mixed race guardians in story mode, I mean yeah having mixed races as a character creation option would be cool, but aside from the little greedy gamer from within, I would really be interested in how ST would make amultiracial npc look, and that newman/beast kid SO does not count, Like I Said before "Sounds like a cop out."

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 05:08 AM
well i think that if they would do that they would have to randomize the stats to make it to where the "pure breed" would be a better choice anyway

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 05:23 AM
It would be too difficult to do IMO. Not appearance wise, but stats wise and making it fair.

Arika
May 26, 2008, 05:24 AM
well i think that if they would do that they would have to randomize the stats to make it to where the "pure breed" would be a better choice anyway
yes, make it like if you choose to using mix race, you can get the special look, but you will be like that beast-newman kid who got both disadvantage from both side xD ( with that nobody will choose it lol )

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 05:30 AM
yes, make it like if you choose to using mix race, you can get the special look, but you will be like that beast-newman kid who got both disadvantage from both side xD ( with that nobody will choose it lol )

Like if you get a nanoblast or not, If you get newmans hp or a beast hp lol, But you know people would delete the lame beast/newman(eh Beman?, neweast lol what would the name be ) mix to make a new one lol

shadowsniper6
May 26, 2008, 05:35 AM
It would be too difficult to do IMO. Not appearance wise, but stats wise and making it fair.

they could also make it where its still random you only get one chance to get a good mix breed or a bad mix breed

Juza
May 26, 2008, 05:46 AM
I'd imagine that a newman/beast hybrid would end up being something similar to Rika, a newman from phantasy star 4. Statistically very different than the current newmans. Very kickass though.

DO WANT.

My main would be a beast to have stats similar to an actual Numan, but y'know, beast women are filthy.

Kinako78
May 26, 2008, 11:44 AM

That'd be sweet! No offense to all the newmans out there, but PSU's newmans are a joke compared to Rika and Nei.

ArcImpulse
May 26, 2008, 11:56 AM
http://img387.imageshack.us/img387/5016/psu20061117030509000qj0.jpg

wat

Kinako78
May 26, 2008, 12:25 PM
*laughs* That's hilarious!

Shinko
May 26, 2008, 12:38 PM
heh i remember him.... he looks like a cast/beast....

i think he was always talking about dying

Kinako78
May 26, 2008, 12:42 PM
Ok, that really shows how long it's been since I played episode 1. I don't even remember him.

Lance813
May 26, 2008, 01:19 PM
One word NuCast

uggggh

*pictures a cast with Numan ears

Zorak000
May 26, 2008, 01:27 PM
I just wish talking to the NPCs in ep1 would result in a reward, rather than just the satisfaction of watching their little story unfold >_>

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 02:05 PM

wat

Kill it with fire.

Omega_Weltall
May 27, 2008, 12:18 AM
I remember reading some where that in the past there were many Human-Newman relationships , but being that Human Genes were recessive to the Newman and Beast Genes. And thus the Human population shrunk for a bit. So I'm guessing Human + Newman = Newman and Beast + Human = Beast. As for Beast + Newman, I have no idea. Mixed with CAST of course means some sort of cyborg

pikachief
May 27, 2008, 12:32 AM
my male cast and my female beast built a female cast..... does that count? D:

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 12:55 AM
I remember reading some where that in the past there were many Human-Newman relationships , but being that Human Genes were recessive to the Newman and Beast Genes. And thus the Human population shrunk for a bit. So I'm guessing Human + Newman = Newman and Beast + Human = Beast. As for Beast + Newman, I have no idea. Mixed with CAST of course means some sort of cyborg

nah.... i don't kno about this. if they were true there would be a lot less humans and how it stands now humans are all over the place.

Chaos Reborn
May 27, 2008, 01:31 AM
I wouldn't mind seeing a Cast mixed with a polty:-o

Omega_Weltall
May 27, 2008, 02:29 AM
nah.... i don't kno about this. if they were true there would be a lot less humans and how it stands now humans are all over the place.

they explained that they placed some policies to bring back the human population but for the life of me i cannot find that damned link

Coldbrand
May 27, 2008, 02:49 AM
If she's hitting on Ethan, I'd attribute that to faulty programming

Maybe she's fascinated with a creature so primitive.

Xaeris
May 27, 2008, 02:53 AM
Maybe she's fascinated with a creature so primitive.

Oh for sure, we even see this behavior in real life, e.g, drunken frat boys getting laid.

RemiusTA
May 27, 2008, 10:05 AM
I doubt the casts can reproduce. They wernt created for that purpose, but im sure a few of them can.

As for multiracial characters, you can create pretty much any race of human you want that currently exists on this planet, but since the Beasts and Newmans are human-created races, i doubt they have many varieties of their own race.

Except its kind of funny, Newmans on PSO defaulted to a darker skin tone, but on PSU they default to almost pale. I liked it better when they were darker, since it set them apart from every other generic elven race on every other storyline/movie/videogame that has them. Plus they looked a bit better

but now the newmans are back to the pure, pale, magic casting self-absorbed quiet-talking role they play in every other storyline.

Beasts are cool, but i really wish ST gave some variety when it comes to Nanoblasting. They could have had a seperate model based on the current build of the character or something, its really lame how they all look the same when they nanoblast.

I was looking at the concept art of the game one day and noticed that the nanoblasted beasts used to be alot slimmer and sleaker looking, more like the original model of the character, but by the end of the game they changed them to just two huge bulky forms.

Apone
May 27, 2008, 10:53 AM
In that Beast/cast pic, thats just an old cast living in disquise on maotoob waiting to die. I remember reading on psupedia that newman genes are indeed dominant to human ones and as a result the newman population exploded eventually leading to thier colinization of nuedaiz. Dont know what their excuse for not mentioning beast/other race combinations is. Its probably a culture thing but idk.

MSAksion
May 27, 2008, 11:16 AM
There was a character in story complaining about how he got the brains of a beast and the strength of a newman. wow that sucks XD.

As for the obvious combinations;

1) Beast & Newman = OMG pwnage. Strength as good as say a Cast or Human with the TECH and MST of a Newman. Throw Nanoblast and that would be a perfect character. Everyone would pick this.
2) human + newman = what? an even weaker humanoid with less than stellar TP?
3) human + Beast = less than stellar Strength for a small increase in Accuracy?

redroses
May 27, 2008, 12:04 PM

wat

OMG! I remember him XDDD
I was so fascinated and irritaded.....and scared of him. lol
He did have those cool "ears", but he was a Cast D= and than that weird green body color. Like he has some kind of disease XDDD

very weird anyway lol

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 01:14 PM
they explained that they placed some policies to bring back the human population but for the life of me i cannot find that damned link

well if that's true i don't like the idea of that..... its should be mix instead of one side just completely taking over..... plus it be more interesting this way

Zoamel_Gustav
May 27, 2008, 01:28 PM

http://psupedia.info/History_of_Gurhal

Around BA 980

Outcry For newman protection
Newmans had been created with the purpose of advancing photon research, but with their outward appearance and abilities being similar to those of humans, cases of humans marrying newmans and even adopting newman children began to become very common. Due to humans and newmans being very similar on the genetic level, interracial reproduction was possible. It was noticed that in the vast majority of half-breed children, the newman genes were dominant, resulting in a tremendous increase to the newman population. With this increase, however, came concerns over racial discrimination. Again and again, complaints surfaced of newmans being treated as pets or being used in inhuman research practices. This led to not only newmans, but humans as well, calling out for equality.

Around BA 800

The newman population had risen to over 30,000,000.

Around BA 750

...the newman population reached over 100 million,

http://psupedia.info/Faroi_Koid_%28script%29

Faroi: There really are a lot of half-beast, half-newmans around the orphanage.

http://psupedia.info/Stank_Geese_%28script%29

Ethan: Mikaris... No matter how much you want a baby, it's impossible for a CAST and a human...
Mikaris: You fool. I know that much! I'm not saying I want to HAVE a baby. I just to raise one!
Ethan: A human child?
Mikaris: CAST children don't grow up. I really want to raise a human child! Do you have any ideas on how I might go about that?
Ethan: Well... Let me think about this.

Shinko
May 27, 2008, 01:52 PM
There was a character in story complaining about how he got the brains of a beast and the strength of a newman. wow that sucks XD.

As for the obvious combinations;

1) Beast & Newman = OMG pwnage. Strength as good as say a Cast or Human with the TECH and MST of a Newman. Throw Nanoblast and that would be a perfect character. Everyone would pick this.
2) human + newman = what? an even weaker humanoid with less than stellar TP?
3) human + Beast = less than stellar Strength for a small increase in Accuracy?

ok your not look at all the goods and bad of these mixes

1. for the 1st one the strength would most likely be in the middle of a humans and cast. and his/ her tp and mst wouldn't be as high as a newmans but it still be good. The ata def and the hp would be kinda like humans. and most likely he may not be able to nanoblast because his half newman body just couldn't take that.... or if he could it wouldn't be that strong or last long

2. now this one u could look at it in 2 ways. 1 it would make a weaker human (less def atk and hp) with better ata tp and mst or a stronger newman (lmore def atk and hp) with less ata tp and mst. either way its the same..... they would make great war or arco techer heh

3.Now this one would give you the strength of a cast (which is not bad) with a lil better ata, lil less def and hp but with better tech and mst (a beast newman maybe a bit better) BUT since humans are stronger and less fragile than newman, they can nanoblast. Now it wouldn't be as strong as a beast but it still be decent and they'll still look human like in that form just with bigger muscles and all red eyes (people would like that for the looks most likely)

Ken_Silver
May 27, 2008, 02:13 PM
THis is a very good topic. It would be nice if SEGA or Sonic Team would allow us to utilize racial crossing. But this is Sega, so...

And too bad that Casts can't mate with anyone. While that makes sense and all, but if some Casts are androids, then it should be possible: look at Android 18 and Krillin. They made it work... somehow...

wat

and for the record:

Sonic says: DATS NO GEWD!

Adriano
May 27, 2008, 02:44 PM
:) Thanks zoamel, I read the entire thing...
I guess, if you look hard enough.. there is something there.
And, kudos to you guys for taking this seriously D:.

redroses
May 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
THis is a very good topic. It would be nice if SEGA or Sonic Team would allow us to utilize racial crossing. But this is Sega, so...

And too bad that Casts can't mate with anyone. While that makes sense and all, but if some Casts are androids, then it should be possible: look at Android 18 and Krillin. They made it work... somehow...

Thats because No.18 was originally a Humand that was modified. So she isn't a full Android(or whatever, she is more human).
And if you think about it, think what you would all have to build in a Cast to make it work, I don't think that's even possible, not even in Phantasy Star Universe's Universe lol.

DjDragoon
May 27, 2008, 03:27 PM
You really don't see a lot of biracial stuff in MMOs. FFXI, Lineage 2, etc. doesn't really get into the specifics of cross breeding. Besides, SEGA is more interested in mating rappies with popular holidays than the 4 main races.

MaximusLight
May 27, 2008, 04:09 PM
As I recall certain races genes tend to be dominate over the other races traits.

I like remember that Newmans became such a populus race because of mating between them and humans, but the newman genes were always dominate.
That kid from story mode is a good example, his mother was a newman so he's physically a newman because of there traits.

CASTs are machines, so I'm story but they are built, they can't bred with the other races, if you wanted a half-CAST half-something fleshy you could say that they are cyborgs from the other three races.

That only leaves a beast/human hybred, no way to tell what that combination would entail. My guess is that like newmans (who have the dominate human traits, which is why half-breds with newmans are always newmans), the human genes would dominate again for the same reason.

Also here is the PSUpedia for the history of the Gurhal system:

http://psupedia.info/History_of_Gurhal

(also being a science student I can safely say that this game fails at it's science, so don't worry about it being accurate with how it would work stats wise, you want to say your human has some newman in him, by all means do so)

Kylie
May 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
lololol CAST / human would be like that PETA baby on South Park. :lol:

"...Kill me..." (//_-)

Coldbrand
May 27, 2008, 04:44 PM
But how will the Androids know what it is to love!?

ROK099
May 28, 2008, 02:08 AM
you can have biracial cast people, take a human cut his extrimeties off and give him wicked chain saw hands and flame thrower feet, and maybe lazor eyes. taa daa

Zantra
May 28, 2008, 02:39 PM
Can Cast's Breed?

News @ 11

_K1_
May 28, 2008, 08:35 PM
Can Cast's Breed?

News @ 11There's some scientist on the third (IIRC) floor of the colony in Ep. 1 story mode who expounds on whether CASTs have souls. Also (IIRC again) he states explicitly that CASTs are not 'born'.

Meta77
May 28, 2008, 08:53 PM

Reminds me of most america.

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2008, 09:39 PM

wat

DUDE, IT'S BALTHSAR. THAT'S WHERE HE'S BEEN HIDING ALL THIS TIME!

(also being a science student I can safely say that this game fails at it's science, so don't worry about it being accurate with how it would work stats wise, you want to say your human has some newman in him, by all means do so)

I'm inclined to think it's not so much a "YOU FAIL AT SCIENCE FOREVER" as much as "I REJECT YOUR REALITY AND SUBSTITUTE MY OWN."

You have to think of it more like the Gundam series. The guys behind the original Universal Century (or whatever they call it) came up with a fictional particle that formed the basis for a lot of the stuff we see in that anime.

Photons as they are in PSO and PSU are not (as far as I know) meant to be the exact same wave/particles that the real-life men in their clean white labcoats (no pop culture reference intended) call photons. They were concieved for the Phantasy Star universe (no pun intended) as a way to enable the kind of world, techologies, and creatures we encounter in the games.

Hence, soft science fiction. It's not set in our reality, our physics, our science. It's trying to invent laws of nature/physics/technology for its own world to follow rather than "you have the right to bear arms or the right to arm bears, whatever the hell you wanna do!" (okay that really was a pop culture reference)

Besides that, hybrids are possible between the organic races, we've already talked about the beast/numan kid in Episode 1. Cyborgs would be a technical CAST/organic hybrid. A CAST would have to be ... really ... tricked out with ... procreative ... equipment ... to actually sire or bear children. I'm getting flashbacks to Bicentennial Man here.

Though ... I heard that one of the devs of Phantasy Star III released a short comic revealing that one of the female android charaters had some ... motherly functions.

Yusaku_Kudou
May 28, 2008, 10:43 PM
I want a newman/CAST cyborg hybrid.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 10:46 PM
I want a newman/CAST cyborg hybrid.

I would feel so bad for that kid.

ArcImpulse
May 29, 2008, 03:49 AM
DUDE, IT'S BALTHSAR. THAT'S WHERE HE'S BEEN HIDING ALL THIS TIME!

You just lost me.

goldbrease
May 29, 2008, 05:09 AM
i think i remember someone mentioning that casts have biological components in their bodies. so i believe a cast most likely could have a child, however there biological parts would most likely be based on human dna so there child would be human or whatever other race they had a child with.

F-Gattaca
May 29, 2008, 06:19 AM
You just lost me.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/puppy14/Balthasar2-1.jpg

Balthasar is hiding from the humans by disguising himself as a purple-eyed green-skinned beast! (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104227)

Mio
May 29, 2008, 06:53 AM
The topic was really interesting!
They can't breed but I'm sure cast with other races relationship can occur in gurhal.