PDA

View Full Version : AotI Thinking about playing PSU once again

DanMalak
May 26, 2008, 02:01 AM
Ok, so I know there has been countless threads and posts and whatnot, but I was thinking about playing PSU once again. :O
Last I played was a couple months back, we finished the 1up cup and there were some new maps, but it was just too repetative so I quit again.

I came back to see how the situation to see if the game is worth playing again.

So...I was wondering if some up-to-date "Guardians" can help me out? ^^
(and yes I know there's a search button, and other posts like this, but theirs just to much junk to thrift through)

1. How's the community (number of stars) in the PC/Ps2 servers? still extremely low as usual or did some miracle happen and now people play? :P

2. Is there still the main concept of "1 main mission to spam until next patch where there's going to be a better mission" or are there many unique maps that are spread out? o.o

3. What's new in terms of equipment/classes? (if any) Last I remember there were rumors flying around about "master classes" are those out?

4. This is more of a rant but. My main is a Newman and I prefer the melee classes in the game. My dmg output was low enough and my main class at the time was the one with S-rank slicers. Did they nerf the slicers / slicer pa's and is there some uber 1337 race changing item so I can go beast instead ^^ (jk on last part)

Thanks for all your help in advance. :D

Edit: oh yea, what's the max level/class level so I know how far I would be behind? o.o

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 02:17 AM
Ok, so I know there has been countless threads and posts and whatnot, but I was thinking about playing PSU once again. :O
Last I played was a couple months back, we finished the 1up cup and there were some new maps, but it was just too repetative so I quit again.

I came back to see how the situation to see if the game is worth playing again.

So...I was wondering if some up-to-date "Guardians" can help me out? ^^
(and yes I know there's a search button, and other posts like this, but theirs just to much junk to thrift through)

1. How's the community (number of stars) in the PC/Ps2 servers? still extremely low as usual or did some miracle happen and now people play? :P

2. Is there still the main concept of "1 main mission to spam until next patch where there's going to be a better mission" or are there many unique maps that are spread out? o.o

3. What's new in terms of equipment/classes? (if any) Last I remember there were rumors flying around about "master classes" are those out?

4. This is more of a rant but. My main is a Newman and I prefer the melee classes in the game. My dmg output was low enough and my main class at the time was the one with S-rank slicers. Did they nerf the slicers / slicer pa's and is there some uber 1337 race changing item so I can go beast instead ^^ (jk on last part)

Thanks for all your help in advance. :D

Edit: oh yea, what's the max level/class level so I know how far I would be behind? o.o

1) Ehh.. 2 1/2 stars normally, during events about 4 stars to 4 1/2

2) Yes >_> Current Attraction: White Beast, personally i go everywhere, but the new missions are pretty fun I guess.

3) A few new 11*'s and stuff from the Aoi missions, better drop rates for said items as well. Master classes, no not yet, Japan got them not long ago, maybe another month or two for us.

4) They nerfed slicer PA Chikki if that's what you're asking >.>

DanMalak
May 26, 2008, 02:22 AM
White Beast? That name sounds disappointingly familiar, don't tell me that the best mission to run has been out for a long time...

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 02:26 AM
It's been out a little after Aoi's release, and it has the best experience so far, minus events.

I tend to avoid it, I hate dealing with the stuck up people of uni 2 anyway, I never play there.

Try OTHER missions >_____> TRUST me here. Do NOT go to the dark siiiide!

DanMalak
May 26, 2008, 02:36 AM
Well, everything sounds like it used to be...
Odds are I won't be getting the game again, but I'm going to research some more!

Nuclearranger
May 26, 2008, 02:48 AM
Right now its hard to recommend the game if you didn't like it before.

It prolly wont ever change so much that it becomes nonrepeditive but I guess thats up to the individual to decide.

I enjoy it but I do not have alot of time anymore... for the first year it was out I was putting all of my free time every day hours on end... now I play an hour a day or 2. Usually late at night lol

*maybe I get more free time once get threw all of my starting college BS.

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 06:16 AM
Only 2 1/2 stars normally? Thats disheartening v-v I was hoping the community had grown since AotI had been released.

undeadmunky
May 26, 2008, 07:05 AM
um level cap is 130 at the moment and job classes go to 20 now so that will give u some thing to lvl and the M.A.G event will be back in alittle while.:-D

Realmz
May 26, 2008, 08:29 AM
Only 2 1/2 stars normally? Thats disheartening v-v I was hoping the community had grown since AotI had been released.

peek hours i've seen more of three and a half, everyone says people are just doing White Beast but there's no way thats where everyone is. try and reconnect with the people you played with before.

DanMalak
May 26, 2008, 01:29 PM
Not a single person... ='(

Heh, Ok well things look a bit better

*reinstalls aoti*

Vent
May 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
Honestly nobody cares if you come back or not

It's not about an individual, it's about the player base as a whole group.

DanMalak
May 26, 2008, 01:40 PM
It's not about an individual, it's about the player base as a whole group.

Maybe thats just typical 360 PSU player talk, they have so many arrogant people they think one person won't make a difference?

jk, jk I know many cool 360 people that play. ;]