PDA

View Full Version : What is the problem SEGA

hazerdous
May 26, 2008, 02:07 AM
How come Japan get everything SEGA say they will get but the U.S. always has problems? Then they take forever to fix it, and they don't give us what they promise until late, and then they leave us with no explanation as of why it happen. I don't want to pay monthly, for constant let downs and broken promises.

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 02:23 AM
(Insert rant)

I left the Official Forums because of bawwing.. *Sighs*

First and Foremost. SEGA ToS (Terms of Service) state that, They do not NEED to update, you don't pay for the updates, you pay for the servers to stay up.

Second, Japan could have problems too, you never know because you don't play on that server.

Third, they never promise ANYTHING, they have never once said "You will get the PA update, we promise" there are no broken promises. Because there are no promises to break.

Fourth, The PA update is SAID to be coming early junish, if not hoo-hah, it doesn't matter, this game is easy enough let alone getting PA experience boosted.

Fifth, As to why Japan gets everything? Are you forgetting just who MADE this game? It certainly wasn't the U.S. that's for sure.

Nuclearranger
May 26, 2008, 02:37 AM
In time you will get everything.... so w/e plus like Akio said its not like its Imposable right now to play because of difficulty or anything...

Sasamichan
May 26, 2008, 02:46 AM
How come Japan get everything SEGA say they will get but the U.S. always has problems? Then they take forever to fix it, and they don't give us what they promise until late, and then they leave us with no explanation as of why it happen. I don't want to pay monthly, for constant let downs and broken promises.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/zane19/ZeddFacepalm.jpg

(Insert rant)

I left the Official Forums because of bawwing.. *Sighs*

First and Foremost. SEGA ToS (Terms of Service) state that, They do not NEED to update, you don't pay for the updates, you pay for the servers to stay up.

Second, Japan could have problems too, you never know because you don't play on that server.

Third, they never promise ANYTHING, they have never once said "You will get the PA update, we promise" there are no broken promises. Because there are no promises to break.

Fourth, The PA update is SAID to be coming early junish, if not hoo-hah, it doesn't matter, this game is easy enough let alone getting PA experience boosted.

Fifth, As to why Japan gets everything? Are you forgetting just who MADE this game? It certainly wasn't the U.S. that's for sure.

Well said. I couldn't have said it better myself. :-D

xjustsumloser
May 26, 2008, 03:50 AM
sega has always had problems with maintaining this game since day one. I just finally got used to it. Though I am completely fed up with it, 10 bucks a month doesn't break me. Sega of America is not the company it used to be, at all. SoJ on the other hand at least communicates with its fans, proof of that is with the Dreamcast. Regardless, there is not much you can do but just stop paying. But also, that 10 bucks is not going to hurt sega either.

And to all of those who are just brown nosing sega, I pay for xbox live, 60 bucks a year. I have had nothing but superb treatment from that company. When problems arise, they explain to the community the problems, estimated time to a fix comes out, and if that fails they find ways to reconcile with their customers.

Maskim
May 26, 2008, 04:25 AM
Love the game, and love Sega for every single Phantasy Star Game since the Master System. (The rest of Sega's IP's may be utter crap in my opinion, but that's another tale)

As for customer service, I'm split. On the one hand, every time I've needed to contact them, they've been polite, helpful, and quick with a solution, or a reparation. On the other hand, te track record set for premature announcements, broken promises, half assed follow-throughs, etc, makes Verant and EQ back in the day look spectacular, and that's just sad.

$10 a month is cheap for a pay to play game, though, and I still enjoy my time playing, so I won't complain too much. Perhaps Sega should take a page from the Sony/Verant book, and instead of constantly apologizing, pull the 'Quit your bitching. Don't play if you don't like it card' History shows that only a minimal fraction of the player base will actually quit, unless a better game comes along, and I don't see anything in quite the same vein as PSU.

DoubleJG
May 26, 2008, 04:30 AM
Hopefully sooner than later.

ashley50
May 26, 2008, 04:33 AM
How come Japan get everything SEGA say they will get but the U.S. always has problems? Then they take forever to fix it, and they don't give us what they promise until late, and then they leave us with no explanation as of why it ha
Your countrymen comes first? Others...later?

I don't want to pay monthly, for constant let downs and broken promises.
Then why are you still playing this game? can't put it down?

furrypaws
May 26, 2008, 07:50 AM
Take everything Sega says with enough salt to give you a heart attack.

hazerdous
May 26, 2008, 07:58 AM
I'm glad you feel that way, but I have had this game since pso Dreamcast and they have only gotten worse. Don't get me wrong the game is fun but when you give a prize to the top 500 people, the people with no lives that play all day have an advatage over the longtime fans, who do have a life that can't play as much as they like. It should be random, 2nd they did tell us we would be having two more weeks of M.A.G they posted it now it's a no show no explanation of why no rewards to hold us over zip. Same old sega..... like I said its not all bad cuz if it was I would not be playing all im saying is get it together.

Powder Keg
May 26, 2008, 08:03 AM
I'm glad you feel that way, but I have had this game since pso Dreamcast and they have only gotten worse. Don't get me wrong the game is fun but when you give a prize to the top 500 people, the people with no lives that play all day have an advatage over the longtime fans, who do have a life that can't play as much as they like. It should be random, 2nd they did tell us we would be having two more weeks of M.A.G they posted it now it's a no show no explanation of why no rewards to hold us over zip. Same old sega..... like I said its not all bad cuz if it was I would not be playing all im saying is get it together.

lol, you call this worse? There were virtually no updates in the previous PSO games.

But other than that, horray! Another PA exp update topic! I don't know what I would enjoy more at this rate....seeing everyone baww for it getting delayed more (although I don't think there was a set date, ever), or actually getting it.

Golto
May 26, 2008, 08:33 AM
One word, 360. They have the code changes for ps2/pc already but they have to do the 360 from almost scratch. The JPN pc/ps2 is kinda like our beta testers for US pc/ps2.

drizzle
May 26, 2008, 08:38 AM
One word, 360. They have the code changes for ps2/pc already but they have to do the 360 from almost scratch. The JPN pc/ps2 is kinda like our beta testers for US pc/ps2.

It's not quite that bad, there shouldn't be any platform specific code in the PA experience bits. The problem is that Microsoft allows only a few updates per year on Live, so they put as much as possible in a single update for the western version.

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 11:14 AM

Yeah but see, some people only show up during events, why would sega reward people who don't play their game a lot? The people that have "no lives" are getting the reward because they play the game more. Just because you "Would like to play the game more because your a long time fan" Doesn't mean anything, that's like asking for your own personal leader board because you've been a fan longer then some people. That don't mean shyt if you don't play the game as much as some of the other people.

And also, the extension? Once again, did they say "We promise"? Show me the logs, post them, pictures? Don't have them? Didn't think so. They said the word "Expected" more then enough times to tell you it MAY OR MAY NOT HAPPEN. Suck it up and get over it.

They don't need to explain why they couldn't deliver, the event was scheduled to end on that date, do you understand how difficult it would be to keep something going passed date? Turning off old leader boards, putting up new ones, blocking the characters from the old leader boards. I didn't expect them to do that within a day.

You people complain complain complain, but if they sat you down in front of the server and said "Get to work" all you'd do is stare at them like an idiot. If people like you who complain all the time can't do what they can do, then you need to STFU and GTFO, because too many people are tired of reading your freaking BAWW topics, myself included.

DreXxiN
May 26, 2008, 11:18 AM
Too bad this is a payed service and they are PAYED PROFESSIONALS to work with servers, and as stated on the sega website, we pay monthly in the FAQ's to "Get the best possible customer care and updates to make your experience more enjoyable!"

On a side note, this should be in rants.
On another side note, who the hell said We don't pay for updates? lol

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 11:36 AM
Too bad this is a payed service and they are PAYED PROFESSIONALS to work with servers, and as stated on the sega website, we pay monthly in the FAQ's to "Get the best possible customer care and updates to make your experience more enjoyable!"

On a side note, this should be in rants.
On another side note, who the hell said We don't pay for updates? lol

How about Sega's Terms of Service? THEY state that they hold the right to not update. We pay for the servers to stay up, end of story. Even if they are PAID professionals, they make mistakes, and I'll tell you right now, if you were in charge of it all we wouldn't be able to play at all.

2. CHARGES AND BILLING

Your access to and use of the Program is subject to your payment of the applicable fees set forth on the Program sign-up page, as they may be updated from time to time. SEGA will charge your designated card every month until you choose to cancel your subscription. Every time you access the online features of the Program, you reaffirm that SEGA is authorized to charge your credit card.

Your access to and use of the Program is subject to your payment. You pay to play in the damned servers!

4. ONLINE CONTENT AND USER CONDUCT

(a) Content

"Content" means any text, software, communications, advertising, images, sounds, games or other goods, or any other information provided or made available (including through links) through SEGA Web site(s), the Program, the Official Program Web Site, or otherwise through the Program Server . Most Content is provided by SEGA, its subscribers, its affiliates, or independent content providers under license. You acknowledge that SEGA does not pre-screen or control the Content and is not obligated or responsible to verify the Program, the Official Program Web Site, or the Program Server (if applicable). SEGA reserves the right to remove or edit Content that, in its judgment, does not meet its standards or does not comply with this Subscriber Agreement, the EULA, or the Rules of Conduct; provided, however, that SEGA shall not be responsible or liable in any way for failure or delay in removing such material.

They don't have to even Verify the content if they don't want to. Any other questions? Because I'm sure I can go pull out some more quotes if you need more convincing.

Mawile
May 26, 2008, 01:38 PM
Too bad this is a payed service and they are PAYED PROFESSIONALS

http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8769/666pxsonicteamlogosvgce3.png

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 01:43 PM
I lol'd at that

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 01:46 PM
The problem is that Microsoft allows only a few updates per year on Live, so they put as much as possible in a single update for the western version.

This.

Microsoft is pretty anal about updates, god forbid an exploit comes out after we reach our yearly quota of patches.

We tend to hold back PC/PS2 at times.

Anyway, I was pretty upset about not getting the PA update, but then I realized "Hey, so what? I have other things to do".

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 02:10 PM
(Insert rant)

I like this part. Please re-read it a few times.

I'll wait.

still waiting....

Done? Kay good. First become a business for a minute. Now explain to me how you keep customers and obtain new ones when you do nothing new? Why should people play this game if they don't update? Why should people KEEP playing if no updates?

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 02:18 PM
I like this part. Please re-read it a few times.

I'll wait.

still waiting....

Done? Kay good. First become a business for a minute. Now explain to me how you keep customers and obtain new ones when you do nothing new? Why should people play this game if they don't update? Why should people KEEP playing if no updates?

Re-read what you just posted.

Now I'll wait.

Done?

Good now read my posts in this thread, I'll wait again.

Done?

Good, they hold the rights to not do anything to his game, on both Japan's side and U.S. side, I already posted that part of their ToS on this thread if you bothered to read over it.

Like I said, they don't HAVE to update, but if they want to keep customers they will. Or they could cut the cord on U.S. entirely and keep going with the Japanese, we're just extra to them.

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 02:47 PM
*claps*

Good job Akio. You sound like a great suck up. I understand perfectly that they have the rights to not update if they want. Though it's not like they are really creating anything new since the data has been there for the past couple years.

Still if that's how they feel then why not just cut us loose? I don't work for sega, I don't have any of their subcription numbers. But from general outcry on the forums, it's safe to say what little population we have is leaving bit by bit. Nor are we obtaining a staggering or even decent amount of new players if any at all at this point.

With all the delays, problems, and run around BS they feed us you can still point to the ToS as an excuse to keep the game running? You really think thats good business? You honestly think the population should roll over and take it?

Akio-Kasai
May 26, 2008, 02:55 PM
If they don't want to they can leave, I don't care, I enjoy this game even as it is now, even without the updates I still have stuff to do and friends to play with. If an update comes woo-hoo more stuff, but right now I'm fine with what I'm doing, hanging around, talking and playing with my friends.

I'm not pointing to the ToS as an excuse to keep playing, not by a long shot, I'm shutting up ANOTHER bawwer going on about the SAME thing that has already been posted many times.

Whether the population rolls over and takes it or not makes no difference whatsoever, if we aren't japanese or have connections to a japanese player that can start a complaint, we have no chance at changing anything. Everything this game is stems from the japanese version, so all this bawwing does absolutely nothing for anyone, except annoy others.

I won't quit this game unless one of a few things happens.

1) All my friends quit and stop playing, no one to play with = Boring

2) I get banned, don't see that happening considering I've never even used the Mech Gun glitch.

3) They shut down the servers, probably won't happen for a while considering how long PSO lasted and the free server was up during it.

4) I get hacked, once again ain't gonna happen, I play PS2 no Password stealing program will find it and my password is just a bunch of random shit that I keep sticky noted to my PS3.

Edit: Just found out you can say shit without it being blocked >.> I like that

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 02:58 PM
Expect it in the next two weeks I'm thinkin.

Ken_Silver
May 26, 2008, 06:02 PM
The new text in my sig explains how Sega of America works. But what else can we do?

But just because we can't do anything about it, does it make what they are doing right.

Know that for sure.

Kylie
May 26, 2008, 07:39 PM
There was a lack of GM2Community-ness on v1, so I wonder if updates have always been delayed without us ever knowing. I do remember a few gaps in our schedule compared to JP's on vanilla.

Wheatpenny
May 26, 2008, 07:47 PM
Hopefully Sega steps up to tha plate....I am getting awfully tired of them screwing up constantly.

Gunslinger-08
May 26, 2008, 07:52 PM
Oh well. Gives me time to bother leveling my PM's battle stat and taking newbies on planetary tours. (I've had a lot of fun with it. :D)

DreXxiN
May 26, 2008, 08:01 PM
There was a lack of GM2Community-ness on v1, so I wonder if updates have always been delayed without us ever knowing. I do remember a few gaps in our schedule compared to JP's on vanilla.

Wow, interesting concept, really!

This could have been happening the whole time really and wouldn't have been to our knowledge. Things actually seem WORSE OFF when they let us know xD.

Still, that's mainly because people aren't upset WHEN the updates come, just when they say they come but they don't.

Reipard
May 27, 2008, 12:31 PM
Whether the population rolls over and takes it or not makes no difference whatsoever, if we aren't japanese or have connections to a japanese player that can start a complaint, we have no chance at changing anything. Everything this game is stems from the japanese version, so all this bawwing does absolutely nothing for anyone, except annoy others.

Sure it does something. In the case of something perfectly viable to complain about, for example, crappy service, it lets the US branch of the company know that people are unhappy. If you're unhappy with where your money is going, then silence will change nothing. You either complain about it, best through the channels where people from the company are listening (For example, the official forums) and get your message across or you take your money somewhere else but don't get your message across at all.

Japan being a priority because Sega of Japan is Japanese absolutely justifies none of this crap.

I'm glad you're perfectly happy with where your money is going. More power to you! But the people that are complaining are justified in doing so, so let them be.

Powder Keg
May 27, 2008, 12:39 PM
Segac

Expect the unexpected!

Para
May 27, 2008, 12:45 PM
I dunno about you guys but I think PA boost is probably 2nd or top priority next to MA:G 2nd round.

Follisimo
May 27, 2008, 12:52 PM
I dunno about you guys but I think PA boost is probably 2nd or top priority next to MA:G 2nd round.

I'd think the first priority is fixing the 065 problem. I mean they do want our money soon or later. I believe until the 065 is fixed I can't see us getting the MAG extension or any decent update.

Powder Keg
May 27, 2008, 12:59 PM
They have just about an entire month to fix it--can they do it?

AlphaDragoon
May 27, 2008, 01:02 PM
It's not quite that bad, there shouldn't be any platform specific code in the PA experience bits. The problem is that Microsoft allows only a few updates per year on Live, so they put as much as possible in a single update for the western version.

Oh, so this is (partially) the 360 version's fault? Gee thanks. :(

Akaimizu
May 27, 2008, 02:45 PM
I don't think that's the big issue, though. Client updates only need to come around but so much, and it certainly isn't stopping companies like Criterion Games from releasing client updates, periodically. In fact, quite a few games have had a good amount of updates throughout a year.

Akio-Kasai
May 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
Sure it does something. In the case of something perfectly viable to complain about, for example, crappy service, it lets the US branch of the company know that people are unhappy. If you're unhappy with where your money is going, then silence will change nothing. You either complain about it, best through the channels where people from the company are listening (For example, the official forums) and get your message across or you take your money somewhere else but don't get your message across at all.

Japan being a priority because Sega of Japan is Japanese absolutely justifies none of this crap.

I'm glad you're perfectly happy with where your money is going. More power to you! But the people that are complaining are justified in doing so, so let them be.

It does something eh? I've been in this game since level cap was 50, I've seen complaint after complaint after complaint. So tell me, what has it gotten us?

Waiting..

Nothing, it's gotten us NOTHING, we have complained since Day 1 and there has NEVER been a change to ANYTHING. Sega compensates for the 065 stuff because it hit a large portion. Delays are gonna happen, nothing you say will do anything. Also news flash bub, the Japanese DO have priority. Nothing will get changed for us because it is the JAPANESE THAT MAKE THIS GAME AND DESIGN THE PATCHES. Have we gotten a patch the japanese haven't? Nope.

Also yes I am fine with where my money is going, $10 a month is easy to come across, I could probably collect that in loose change in the car. $10 a month when jobs pay weekly, cause it's just all that bad right?

Also the $10 a month as I previously stated goes to the servers, so stop acting like you SHOULD get more from it.

DjDragoon
May 27, 2008, 03:40 PM
Well now that they're basically done with PSP, hopefully we'll see a lot of new content in the future. I think it's time they released some new details for a new expansion. I don't want PSU to just end with AoI.

SonicTMP
May 27, 2008, 03:53 PM
Also the $10 a month as I previously stated goes to the servers, so stop acting like you SHOULD get more from it.

Really sad how you just roll over and take it. Unlike you, alot of the population actually wants new content and doesn't pay for servers. Condicering the population on US total they could cut down the total number of universes to 5 on each server and save a ton of money.

Also something you seem to forget. All the content is already in game. It's simply locked. I'd think for 10 bucks a month they could unlock stuff on a normal basis. Espically since any changes are handed to them right from japan. They don't have to do anything speical.

Though I bet even unlocking existing content is too much for your 10 bucks huh?

Akio-Kasai
May 27, 2008, 07:45 PM
Really sad how you just roll over and take it. Unlike you, alot of the population actually wants new content and doesn't pay for servers. Condicering the population on US total they could cut down the total number of universes to 5 on each server and save a ton of money.

Also something you seem to forget. All the content is already in game. It's simply locked. I'd think for 10 bucks a month they could unlock stuff on a normal basis. Espically since any changes are handed to them right from japan. They don't have to do anything speical.

Though I bet even unlocking existing content is too much for your 10 bucks huh?

Unlocking content is quite easy, patching existing content is where it becomes difficult. Along with events. There is translation of codes that needs to be done, the bigger the patch, the longer it takes. If sega rushes they're far more bound to mess up, worse then they have already. I already stated, I'll take what they give me because there is still a lot for me to be doing in this game. Not every day needs to be dedicated to PA leveling, or non stop rare hunting. Sit down with people and talk, go spam on the 4th floor, do something. It's not the end of the world if new stuff doesn't come out.

There ARE other games to play while you wait, I play FlyFF, Armored Core, Naruto, Heavenly Sword etc. etc.

Complaining does nothing, it hasn't so far and I don't think it ever will, that's my thought. SEGA is gonna keep doing things their way, and at their pace. Nothing we say is gonna change that.

SuperChoco
May 27, 2008, 08:35 PM
Today the GMs announced that the PA update will be in June, wasn't it the second?
*goes to chat log*

Shake
May 27, 2008, 08:38 PM
Unlocking content is quite easy, patching existing content is where it becomes difficult. Along with events. There is translation of codes that needs to be done, the bigger the patch, the longer it takes. If sega rushes they're far more bound to mess up, worse then they have already. I already stated, I'll take what they give me because there is still a lot for me to be doing in this game. Not every day needs to be dedicated to PA leveling, or non stop rare hunting. Sit down with people and talk, go spam on the 4th floor, do something. It's not the end of the world if new stuff doesn't come out.

There ARE other games to play while you wait, I play FlyFF, Armored Core, Naruto, Heavenly Sword etc. etc.

Complaining does nothing, it hasn't so far and I don't think it ever will, that's my thought. SEGA is gonna keep doing things their way, and at their pace. Nothing we say is gonna change that.

Complaints have a big impact on game development through quality assurance/patching. While some complaints can lead to comments that are uncalled for or unruly, the majority of them offer a little insight into what exactly the players are looking for. Beta testing can only take you so far, and when you're dealing with online games with a large number of potential players, who knows what kind of feedback you might find after the initial release? You're right that they don't NEED to be offering any additional services, but you can't deny someone the right to voice their opinion about a product on a forum dedicated to the product. The only thing that'll do is create a whirlwind of opinions that strays away from the point any 'bawwww' post is trying to make: "I am unsatisfied with this or that".

I think they're trying to lead us around with a carrot on a stick, personally. But, any company that is looking for as much profit, over as long of a time as possible, is going to plan things out that way. Sega wouldn't be the first.

pikachief
May 27, 2008, 08:45 PM
Today the GMs announced that the PA update will be in June, wasn't it the second?
*goes to chat log*

im pretty sure it was june 6th.

Nitro Vordex
May 27, 2008, 08:48 PM
This thread made me lol.

Sasamichan
May 28, 2008, 03:20 AM
*goes to chat log*

im pretty sure it was june 6th.

07:12:25 <Public> EphekZ(20018257)
Will PA rebalance come before or after MAG ext.?

07:12:27 <Public> MaximusLight(20007681)
I was looking forward to getting a sange

07:12:28 <Public> ShadowFox009(20044800)
hello

07:12:34 <Public> Misdreavus(20009346)
say before please

07:12:35 <Public> Momo(20044509)
what are the up coming events

07:12:36 <Public> Melchior(20045209)
Before, Ephekz

07:12:39 <Public> EphekZ(20018257)
Ok.

07:12:40 <Public> Sage(20038490)
PA rebalancing should be June 6Key phrase, "should be".

Note: This unofficial info. Do not get your hope up. This is NOT a promise.

Powder Keg
May 28, 2008, 09:48 AM
tags:

unneeded whining

I tried to count how many topics about the PA exp Update show up a day, but I ran outta numbers....

Mio
May 28, 2008, 09:58 AM
Where's the option 6 months? xD

ThaiSoup
May 28, 2008, 11:33 AM
Option 6, hes hiding, he knows we'd all hit him :/

Darksparda
May 28, 2008, 05:29 PM
I wonder were's the 1 year option.