PDA

View Full Version : Please, for the love of god Segac...

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 12:19 PM
Nerf White Beast already !

There are a bajillion other missions that are a lot more entertaining, there's no reason they shouldn't be played.

IMO, they should nerf White Beast and boost some of the less popular AOTI missions that no one touches (Hill Of Spores, Sacred Stream, AMF HQ Recovery, that Moatoob Ice Cave mission). I didn't list any non-expansion missions because it's obvious that Segac wants people to buy the expansion to play better missions, so it's a bad idea financially to buff Vanilla missions.

At this point, we need the diversity forced onto us. Pretty please Segac?

This is getting ridiculous.

Shinko
May 26, 2008, 12:25 PM
Segac..... lol

but anyways i agree with you but people are going to do what they want. if they did nerf white beast ppl would just find the next best place for exp and mp. As long as you have missions that give better things than the other then that will always happen. there nothing you can do about it. If they want to spam the same mission all the time they have the right to. They pay 10 dollars to do what they want, not what we want them to do.

Kanore
May 26, 2008, 12:30 PM
'nerf White Beast'

... What? You mean take away the only thing that matters anymore, Serafi-Senba?

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 12:35 PM
'nerf White Beast'

... What? You mean take away the only thing that matters anymore, Serafi-Senba?

Actually, only item hunters would run WB and there would be more of them made and on sale.

There's a lot of scrubs who get the board and can't even begin to afford to make it, and it rots in storage. Same thing with Yamata-Misaki. Let them go to the people who are looking for it.

LuigiMario
May 26, 2008, 12:40 PM
Sacred Stream is the WORST mission to do in terms of slowdown. Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean others don't so don't say you don't get slowndown because you are not everyone else and cannot speak for everyone else.

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 12:46 PM
Sacred Stream is the WORST mission to do in terms of slowdown. Just because you don't get it, doesn't mean others don't so don't say you don't get slowndown because you are not everyone else and cannot speak for everyone else.

On the 360, the mission with Maggas Magahna is just as bad to run as Sacred Stream. Same robots. Same framerate destruction.

There's still a TON of Rattlesnakes on sale, though. People are motivated to run, even though they have to restart their systems every 3 runs. If Sacred Stream became freaking awesome, people wouldn't care about the slowdown as much.

chaoskila
May 26, 2008, 12:59 PM
go segac lol
well i realy doubt they will nerf the mission just becuz its popular.
i remeber doing seabed day in and day out and wished it would be nerfed but they didnt, they just made a new better mission. so its probably gonna be the same way

Akaimizu
May 26, 2008, 01:01 PM
It would have to be pretty darn awesome for anybody but the ones with a lot of hours to play, each day; to do repeat runs of stuff that causes the slowdown issue. Not to mention, finishing the level when the slowdown hits which takes 2-5 times longer than it should.

Add in the slowdown you must endure to finish the level, then a reboot is just way too much of a hassle as it takes a significant amount of time out of many-people's limited time to play.

It's kept me from Train Recovery, which I would be doing, if it wasn't a case where the slowdown could hit you as bad as the 2nd time running through the mission.

Amalga
May 26, 2008, 01:16 PM
Segac
Kubara product
The company responsible for the Phantasy Star series. Listens to its fanbase and gives them what they want. Allegedly.
Sorry, I had to.

Shinko
May 26, 2008, 01:28 PM
Sorry, I had to.

Sega
Sega of Japan
The company well known for the Sonic and Phantasy Star series. Known for there good costumer service and great games. Listens to its fanbase are saying.

Segac
Sega of America
The company well known for the Sonic and Phantasy Star series. Known for there good costumer service and great games. Listens to its fanbase are saying. Or so we told.....

Kanore
May 26, 2008, 01:35 PM
oh yay segac hahaha that joke hasn't been done to death in the past 2 years

Mawile
May 26, 2008, 01:41 PM
oh yay segac hahaha that joke hasn't been done to death in the past 2 years

It's been done before?

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
OP translation: I want to do something else but I'm anti-social and can't make friends in game who will go with me to other maps. I'm also too lazy to solo said maps.

Seriously. If you want to go so something else in game then go fucking do it already! You don't need the rest of the community to hold your hand so you can go explore or farm other missions.

Notice something when MAG was going? Everyone was doing mag. OMG! Everyone is doing 1 mission cause it has the best exp/drops/mp and they won't go somewhere else, nerf!

If people aren't at white beast then they will be hanging around whatever new mission is the best to farm. Why not try thinking about it a bit more positivly. With a centeral hub, you know where everyone is at, so you always know where to go to socialize. Constant teams means you can get in the action and hang out to level your char, class or PA's.

It's not like you couldn't take some initiative. Go to the centeral hang out spot and ask if anyone is willing to run a party mission or whatever you want to do. MAke a post for it here or on the offical forums that you are looking for a group to do somethign besides the default mission.

Bitching abuot white beast isn't going to get people to move. Try riding the wave rather than atempting to split the sea.

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 02:34 PM
Theres are plenty of other great missions. The problem is that a group of people cause one person to spam that mission because they're doing it, then they get their friends, then they get new players to spam it, etc.

White Beast seems to be the "home base" for people who don't know what to do. There are plenty of missions that have better drops, and equal or better MP/exp. (such as True Darkness)

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 03:40 PM
OP translation: I want to do something else but I'm anti-social and can't make friends in game who will go with me to other maps. I'm also too lazy to solo said maps.

Zomg he called me anti-social and can't seem to spell "central". BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I didn't know that calling for balance between missions made me anti-social and too lazy to solo. Your logic is excellent.

Zorafim
May 26, 2008, 03:45 PM
http://ui14.gamespot.com/141/ike070801e_2.jpg

Ready? Go!

pikachief
May 26, 2008, 04:09 PM
Actually, only item hunters would run WB and there would be more of them made and on sale.

There's a lot of scrubs who get the board and can't even begin to afford to make it, and it rots in storage. Same thing with Yamata-Misaki. Let them go to the people who are looking for it.

on my card list, the ONLY reason any of them at all go to WB is for that armor >.>

Kylie
May 26, 2008, 04:14 PM
I agree. It always seems like missions are all over the place as far as difficulty and rewards go. Some missions are easy as Hell and get tons of MP, while some missions are hard or of the same difficulty and get crap MP on S2.

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 04:16 PM
Zomg he called me anti-social and can't seem to spell "central". BAWWWWWWWWWWWWW

I didn't know that calling for balance between missions made me anti-social and too lazy to solo. Your logic is excellent.

Just calling it as I see it. Also spelling/grammer, age old argument. DOOM!!!

Well what do you want? You really think that "balancing" all the old missions will get people to spread out? With a small population and no way to search for parties other than running into every lobby to check what exactlly do you expect?

Nerfing won't help. Yeah thats great logic there. Everyone does this mission so let's make it suck! Hey everyone eats hamburgers lets make it so they taste like shit so people will eat somethign else. See the logic now?

I might be out on a limb calling you anti-social but why are you complaning about the population being in one hub? What's stopping you from asking people in that hub to go do something else? 10-1 says most people are doing white beast because they have nothing better to do. Give them a good reason and they might venture outside of the default location.

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
Calling him anti-social because he wants to have an easier time getting a group going for a mission besides White Beast is asinine.

EMPYREAN
May 26, 2008, 04:22 PM
they dont need to nerf WB. they only need to give the other missions a xp and mp boost that rivals WB and problem is solved.

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 04:23 PM
Well what do you want? You really think that "balancing" all the old missions will get people to spread out?

If there are worthwhile drops, yes. Some of them may be lacking in that department, but I refuse to believe that even 80% of the people who spam WB are looking for Serafi-Senba.

When you see parties at Electronic Brain, Dual Sentinel, even Plains Overlord, you know why they are there.

With a small population and no way to search for parties other than running into every lobby to check what exactlly do you expect?

There are MORE than enough people on 360. Lots. Nothing else to add here, to avoid my usual console warring in a (slightly more) serious topic.

Nerfing won't help. Yeah thats great logic there. Everyone does this mission so let's make it suck! Hey everyone eats hamburgers lets make it so they taste like shit so people will eat somethign else. See the logic now?

I suppose that's true, but what is the alternative? Make an even better mission?

I might be out on a limb calling you anti-social but why are you complaning about the population being in on hub? What's stopping you from asking epoepl int hat hub to go do something else? 10-1 says most people are doing white beast because they have nothing better to do. Give them a good reason and they might venture outside of the default location.

All of my close friends were on the leaderboard, and now they're temporarily burned out. You're suggesting that I go to Pavillion of Air:Top and say "HEY GUYS LETS GO DO SOMETHING ELSE WAVE FOR INVITE" ? lolno.

Segac should give them a good reason to spread out, that being other missions on par with WB.

Zorafim
May 26, 2008, 04:24 PM
Calling him anti-social because he wants to have an easier time getting a group going for a mission besides White Beast is asinine.

GAME SET

panzer_unit
May 26, 2008, 04:24 PM
I agree. It always seems like missions are all over the place as far as difficulty and rewards go. Some missions are easy as Hell and get tons of MP, while some missions are hard or of the same difficulty and get crap MP on S2.

The only balance that matters in the long term is where rare weapons and materials drop. They're pretty well-distributed. You'll max your level and jobs eventually ANYWHERE, you'll never get Rattlesnake unless you fight Magas.

panzer_unit
May 26, 2008, 04:28 PM
All of my close friends were on the leaderboard, and now they're temporarily burned out. You're suggesting that I go to Pavillion of Air:Top and say "HEY GUYS LETS GO DO SOMETHING ELSE WAVE FOR INVITE" ? lolno.

Why not? Apparently it's your only option.

Or if you've got a good character, why not go on your own for a while? For loot any size of party is about equally good... the more people helping clear the mission, the lower your chance of getting a good board when it does drop.

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 04:35 PM
Why not? Apparently it's your only option.

Or if you've got a good character, why not go on your own for a while? For loot any size of party is about equally good... the more people helping clear the mission, the lower your chance of getting a good board when it does drop.

That's the thing, I want to hunt non-special rarz.

When I'm looking for Repcas, Pwands etc I do it alone.

However, maybe today I want to get a Gudda Iggac board. Bruce's Dungeon is practically inaccessible right now. Maybe a De Ragan Slayic? Egg Thieves is a bit easier, you can pick up just about anyone and get that done, though. Tesbra? Psh no, TD is very soloable but I'm not particularly upset about losing a tesbra drop to someone else.

Sometimes I'd rather play with people and share drops.

Kylie
May 26, 2008, 04:36 PM
The only balance that matters in the long term is where rare weapons and materials drop. They're pretty well-distributed. You'll max your level and jobs eventually ANYWHERE, you'll never get Rattlesnake unless you fight Magas.
I don't know about that. I think the MP and easy difficulty is the main reason why people go to WB; at least that's why I or friends of mine have wanted to go there. Then again, I don't get all rare item crazy like most people.

Retsuya
May 26, 2008, 04:41 PM
Well what do you want? You really think that "balancing" all the old missions will get people to spread out? With a small population and no way to search for parties other than running into every lobby to check what exactlly do you expect?

I wouldn't be so bad as to "balanced" the old missions cause it just makes them a lot more worth to solo or do at low lvs. Itd be nice when dual sentinel have the same mp and awards (not the drops of course just the messeta, exp and mission points) as the White beast mission.
That and they need to start putting diffent (rare or not)items into diffrent missions so that more people will what to do those runs (and only obtainable there).

I only realy hated White beast because of the Afk and annoying ripoff sellers / spammers. if only you can boot spammers and afkers out of the loobies =) ....lol if only

Endykins
May 26, 2008, 04:46 PM
I don't really get why people care so much what others are spamming. Its not that hard to make friends on this game, make a couple with similar goals to you and work with them to go at it. Makes things go by faster, and you wont be "stuck" doing White Beasts. Myself have only done White Beasts once or twice, and i have been all around the other missions. *shrug*

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 05:00 PM
Originally Posted by Piper_Maru

Not my fault he can't speak up in the lobby. For being on the 360 with the higher population I'd think you'd probably get a few responces. If you don't even try then you've already failed.

If there are worthwhile drops, yes. Some of them may be lacking in that department, but I refuse to believe that even 80% of the people who spam WB are looking for Serafi-Senba.

When you see parties at Electronic Brain, Dual Sentinel, even Plains Overlord, you know why they are there.

As I already said people are at WB cause they have nothing better to do, it's the default hub from pre-mag. Those people doing Electroinic brain, dual sentienel, etc? Those are the people who want items from there. And they don't need someone to hold their hand to do it. Nor do they have 6 people competition unless it's a group of friends.

There are MORE than enough people on 360. Lots. Nothing else to add here, to avoid my usual console warring in a (slightly more) serious topic.

As i said above. If you got the bigger population then try asking. Complaining abuot white beast won't get you a group for something else. Asking in the lobby, posting in the party fourm here or on offical will get you a better responce.

I suppose that's true, but what is the alternative? Make an even better mission?

That's generally what they do. Japan might have a larger population but they aren't exactly spread out in ever mission. Same thing, which ever mission provides the best exp/mp/time/difficulity ratio is going to get spammed. Once we get seal of the dark god I'm sure a large chunk will migrate over there. And then sakura warpath, then searching for Fires of illusion.....

If you want to get down to it, the mission system sucks. Today isn't any different from launch when everyone spammed plains overlord then grove of fanatics then the next new map. Etc etc.

Segac should give them a good reason to spread out, that being other missions on par with WB.

As i said at the start of this post. If you aren't even going to try then you have already failed.

If your friends are taking a break and you aren't going to try to recruit others for something else then I'm right. You are being anti-social. Is it really that scary to go speak out a bit in the lobby? The worst that happens is that you get told no or no responce.

I mean seriously. If you want an certian item then go farm and get it yourself. I'm not taking 5 other people with me when I go hunt for a double agito or storm line. Among the tons of mats i still need for other things.

Or if your just looking for company, why care where the population is at?

Jainsea
May 26, 2008, 05:02 PM
Yea I agree with some of this. Mostly the chance of getting a group to go elsewhere if you go to WB trying to recuit. There are many missions to do out there. Irrc 50+? Not including story ones. Neitherless there are lots. Heres an idea(wont happen but idea anyways)

Have GMs host a few global tours maybe a few every week over a certain time, maybe a month at 1st?(During non-event periods) List the times/starting point its gonna happen on the site so players know where to meet at. Idk how many GMs they have so they may hafta get more people on board for this. Each day it is held it can start somewhere else and go a different path. Any rares the GM get maybe can be handed out to whom they want or use dice.
Just an idea ^^; Just to promote "Hey! There are other missions!"

Gen2000
May 26, 2008, 05:56 PM
The GBR method seems to be the easiest way to force a majority of players to do a variety of other missions. Never thought missions like Tunnel Recapture would get played as much as it did ever before Moatoob's GBR.

They should do more GBRs but switch up the paths even on the same planet (i.e. having Desert Goliath included on Moatoob's path) every other 2-4 weeks or something.

Powder Keg
May 26, 2008, 05:58 PM
At this rate, it's worse than Crimson Beast was.

And S2 isn't even out yet.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 26, 2008, 06:13 PM
Man, I WISH I can do White Beast. Unfortunately though, it causes serious lag, and even makes PSU crash. ._.

I mean, at the beginning, it had 2 weapons I really wanted, Sanzu-hiken and Yamata-misaki. Since I have both of those though (trade), I'm pretty much fine.

McLaughlin
May 26, 2008, 06:56 PM
Until they fix the robot memory leak, Sacred Stream is going to stay dead (likely even after they fix it as well).

Zael
May 26, 2008, 07:01 PM
Yes. I'm sick and tired of White Beast. But nerfing it alone won't do much good, cause people will just run off to a new single spot.

What Segac needs to do is balance ALL the missions with each other, including rares, MP, meseta, and EXP.

All the S2 PSUv1 missions NEED to have at least 100+ enemies. See: Mine Defense and Agata Relics. If Mine Defense had 100+ enemies, it'd be an excellent mission that people would run, just for the large kogg nadd spawn and a good shot at Mugunruk. Agata Relics would have Psycho Wand, and level 100+ Lutus Jiggas for Kan Yu, and many other nice drops like Deva-Zashi, Svaltus Sword, and Daiga-Misaki.

Sylpheed
May 26, 2008, 07:05 PM
Yes. I'm sick and tired of White Beast. But nerfing it alone won't do much good, cause people will just run off to a new single spot.

What Segac needs to do is balance ALL the missions with each other, including rares, MP, meseta, and EXP.

All the S2 PSUv1 missions NEED to have at least 100+ enemies. See: Mine Defense and Agata Relics. If Mine Defense had 100+ enemies, it'd be an excellent mission that people would run, just for the large kogg nadd spawn and a good shot at Mugunruk. Agata Relics would have Psycho Wand, and level 100+ Lutus Jiggas for Kan Yu, and many other nice drops like Deva-Zashi, Svaltus Sword, and Daiga-Misaki.

Balance isn't necessarily a good thing either. If the White Beast spammers see other missions are rebalanced to have the same rewards as WB, they will still stay at WB just because they know everyone else will. To get them to leave they would have to either considerably nerf it or boost other missions above it. However, what you suggested is what i would prefer the most. Seeing the majority of the V1 missions get largely rejected because they give no reward saddens me, espeically as the majority of them are 10000000 times more fun to run than WB. Im pretty dam glad that the group i run with all hate WB.

Sekani
May 26, 2008, 07:36 PM
As much as some people dislike the hotspot trend, PSU lacks any other kind of centralized hub or meeting place. If I just wanna find some people to play with, I'm going to go where the people are.

furrypaws
May 26, 2008, 08:47 PM

Actually...my memory is fuzzy, and I'm not 100% positive, but I think that before Crimson Beast came out, you could pretty much find a party anywhere. And by anywhere, I mean anywhere. Linear Line, Parum, Moatoob, Neudaiz...sure, some spots had more than others, but that's natural. It could have something to do with the fact that you actually had to make it through the bases to get somewhere you wanted to go though.

And Sega always does this type of thing. TTF, anyone?

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 09:02 PM
Actually...my memory is fuzzy, and I'm not 100% positive, but I think that before Crimson Beast came out, you could pretty much find a party anywhere. And by anywhere, I mean anywhere. Linear Line, Parum, Moatoob, Neudaiz...sure, some spots had more than others, but that's natural. It could have something to do with the fact that you actually had to make it through the bases to get somewhere you wanted to go though.

I would agree. With a higher population back the few months after release and far less maps to choose from it was easier to find a party. Though any of the run-to-base maps usually were speeded thru on C so you could find a party doing the boss runs.

Funny how back then, everyone killed and complained abuot the de ragan. Now everyone kills and complains about his albino siamese cousin. Small universe.

Zael
May 27, 2008, 01:00 AM
Balance isn't necessarily a good thing either. If the White Beast spammers see other missions are rebalanced to have the same rewards as WB, they will still stay at WB just because they know everyone else will. To get them to leave they would have to either considerably nerf it or boost other missions above it. However, what you suggested is what i would prefer the most. Seeing the majority of the V1 missions get largely rejected because they give no reward saddens me, espeically as the majority of them are 10000000 times more fun to run than WB. Im pretty dam glad that the group i run with all hate WB.

No they won't stay at WB, because of the "new update shine". (There's something new out so everyone does it. Or at least tries it.)

Inazuma
May 27, 2008, 01:45 AM
white beast was the hot spot for so long on the jp ver. then the S2 ver came out and it continued to be the hot spot. but now finally there is a better mission imo. its the new one from the parum beach. its packed w/ huge spawns of monsters and the boss drops a better armor than serafisenba.

ThePendragon
May 27, 2008, 02:18 AM
The solution is simple really. GBR and reverse GBR.

1. GBR - Keep GBR going on all planets at the same time. Create mutliple GBR routes covering all of the missions on each planet.

2. Reverse GBR - Make each mission have diminishing returns. Meaning, each time you play it more than twice in a row, you get less XP, Meseta, and MP.

This will encourage variety in missions, and make spamming worthless.

Kanore
May 27, 2008, 05:53 AM

1. GBR - Keep GBR going on all planets at the same time. Create mutliple GBR routes covering all of the missions on each planet.

2. Reverse GBR - Make each mission have diminishing returns. Meaning, each time you play it more than twice in a row, you get less XP, Meseta, and MP.

and
1. Make everyone confused, and PS2/PC gets fucked over.
2. Make everyone pissed off, and both servers get fucked over.

Akaimizu
May 27, 2008, 08:16 AM
Actually:

Point 1 would not screw PC/PS2 alone on this. Not sure on the confusing part, but since 360 still has crippling bugs on certain missions, some GBRs will get nearly completely avoided.

Gen2000
May 27, 2008, 10:34 AM

Like I said earlier, GBR is the easiest way to force players to do a variety of other missions but I wouldn't go as extreme as this. Just do one GBR at a time for a few weeks. Diminshing returns idea would indeed piss off quite a few people, especially specific mission rare hunters (most of the rewards is already low enough for em since they don't get Sranks on missions to make for faster item runs).

panzer_unit
May 27, 2008, 11:13 AM
Actually...my memory is fuzzy, and I'm not 100% positive, but I think that before Crimson Beast came out, you could pretty much find a party anywhere. And by anywhere, I mean anywhere. Linear LineLab Recovery, ParumLab Recovery, MoatoobLab Recovery, NeudaizLab Recovery...sure, some spots had more than others, but that's natural. It could have something to do with the fact that you actually had to make it through the bases to get somewhere you wanted to go though.

Fixed.

I think Sega's power-move was to make Mad Beasts S2 the Next Big Thing after Crimson Beast came out... you didn't even need to change lobbies to go to the new hotspot, you had guys on one side of the room leveling up to do the mission on the other.

desturel
May 27, 2008, 12:24 PM
I think Sega's power-move was to make Mad Beasts S2 the Next Big Thing after Crimson Beast came out... you didn't even need to change lobbies to go to the new hotspot, you had guys on one side of the room leveling up to do the mission on the other.

You could actually get a group together to do a mini circuit back then. Plains Overlord S, Mad Beasts S2, Lab Recovery S2, Crimson Beast S2, back to Plains Overlord S. Plus this was after the Bees got their nerf so you could actually get non-techers to play bee maps. Of course firebreak came along and ruined that short time of freedom.

There was also the equally short lived, Forested Islands S2, Rainbow Beast S2, Forest Infiltration S2 circuit, but the chances of finding four other people who wanted to do Forest Infiltration was slim and none after the first week (Easter Peril would have been fine, but that drops you off at Kego Clearing. No one wanted to do a moonlight beast circuit.)

Atomic646
May 27, 2008, 02:28 PM
How just making the Serafi-Senba board drop more

SonicTMP
May 27, 2008, 02:41 PM
I haven't been around for a GBR but as nice as the idea sounds. Doesn't it only boost the defualt exp and whatnot on that map? Meaning any psu map still sucks in comparasion to an aoti map? Unless all the old maps are really boosted to a point that puts them on par, why bother?

Also dimishing returns is a bad bad bad idea. What the hell is it with the people who suggest this? Why do you want to punish people for doing what they want and force them to do 1 thing only? I understand the hate for whitebeast and the general hotspot setup but nerfing it because some don't like it only pisses off those who do or don't care. Not the best way to get people on your side.

Gen2000
May 27, 2008, 04:08 PM
GBR boosted rare droprates depending on how many times you completed all of the missions on the path. The maximum boost per person was 50% so when you get 6 party member together there was potential for an overall 300% boost to droprate. There was no exp boost (enemies already gave enough for the completed tour imo). Also they released FoI around the same time so there was a higher chance of finding that too since at the time quite a few players where on Moatoob spamming that path. If one was in need of exp boost FoI gave it plenty.

Most of the normal enemy drops weren't exactly amazing, tons of Gur Bazga, Shigga Destas, Rabol Lefbas, and crap like that but since boss droprates were changed on v.1 missions that meant for a brief period of time there were more Gur Asted, Gudda Hons, and whatever De Rol dropped on the market as well.

The whole Do Mission A to Mission E kinda gave it a tour-ish/old PSO Forest-Ruins feel.

It wasn't the most amazing thing ever but before that a majority of those Moatoob missions rarely got any love and it got plenty of people playing em so in that sense it was a success. So far besides a complete rebalance of every mission in the game (which I doubt will happen) it seems to be easiest option they could do to horde people to do a variety of missions.

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 04:28 PM
What PSU really needs is something PSO got very much right, and is now very much wrong in PSU. A universal mission counter. Keep the indiviual lobbies and their missions, but give us a way to check each lobby without dropping a couple grand in meseta just to take a peek. The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING in any ORPG or any online game is the ease with which you can find other players. Not only did ST distribute us among 4 different planets with no common connection, they dumped us in 50 different lobbies too.

Oh yea, and rebalance the missions. :D

Koji1m1
May 27, 2008, 05:35 PM
LOL a grand of meseta?! lol it dosent cost 10k just to go to one lobby from another i think is they did do the GBR thing it would make people to go differnt mission and such but the reverse thing would be retarded, i mean seriously forceing peope who are looking for the rares that are found in a spefic mission to do another maybe as well be kicking them in the Balls and telling them to go fuck themselfs the mission reblace would also be a bad idea sure i know most of you hate white beast beacuse eveyone else is doing it but you can just ask your friends do do other missions with you, thats what i do and its not hard to make friends in this game.XD but what PSU really need IMO it to be a little less like PSO,(gameplay wise) you know, make the game a bit more open ended and bigger so it wont feel like your doing the same Shit a million times. But i still like the game otherwise. =)

amtalx
May 27, 2008, 06:23 PM
Um, a couple grand is 2000. The furthest lobbies cost 400, and since you have to go back to the city to check another lobby (without fighting through a mission) you can get to 2000 quickly, particularly if you check multiple planets.

Personally, I haven't run WB since we had Jaggo Amures. However, for new players that don't have established friends, getting out of the WB rut can be hard. The point is that we shouldn't have to drag players kicking and screaming from one mission. ST put effort (however little) into creating 4 planets worth of content. Its wasted 90% of the time.

You are doing the same shit a million times in EVERY ORPG. The good ones just manage to make it rewarding.

Awesome run-on btw.

ThePendragon
May 27, 2008, 07:33 PM
and
1. Make everyone confused, and PS2/PC gets fucked over.

1. Why?
2. Don't see how. Elaborate

Actually:

Point 1 would not screw PC/PS2 alone on this. Not sure on the confusing part, but since 360 still has crippling bugs on certain missions, some GBRs will get nearly completely avoided.

Then they need to fix the bugs. That's not a good excuse.

Like I said earlier, GBR is the easiest way to force players to do a variety of other missions but I wouldn't go as extreme as this. Just do one GBR at a time for a few weeks. Diminshing returns idea would indeed piss off quite a few people, especially specific mission rare hunters (most of the rewards is already low enough for em since they don't get Sranks on missions to make for faster item runs).

One GBR means another white beast, just diffused. It gets boring doing the same sets of missions. Multi-route GBR's means everyone can play every mission. You don't have to bother with GBR scores if you don't want to. But the SPAM freaks will be forced to spread across all missions, allowing for normal people to find parties wherever they go.

As for diminshing returns, you could run a mission 4 or 5 times before it made a huge difference. This would not affect rare drops. Anyone hunting rarz at low lvls' doesnt care about returns, just the RARZ. Those doing high levels wouldnt be very affected until the 4th or 5th run. In which case they can do a quick C run somewhere, or run another area where the item drops to reset the count. Thus creating more people at different missions.

Alia
May 27, 2008, 08:01 PM
What PSU really needs is something PSO got very much right, and is now very much wrong in PSU. A universal mission counter. Keep the indiviual lobbies and their missions, but give us a way to check each lobby without dropping a couple grand in meseta just to take a peek. The SINGLE MOST IMPORTANT THING in any ORPG or any online game is the ease with which you can find other players. Not only did ST distribute us among 4 different planets with no common connection, they dumped us in 50 different lobbies too.

Oh yea, and rebalance the missions. :D

I actually agree with this. Though the price is not outrageous, it's still annoying and time consuming going everywhere to find out what missions have people in them...

Koji1m1
May 27, 2008, 09:35 PM
Um, a couple grand is 2000. The furthest lobbies cost 400, and since you have to go back to the city to check another lobby (without fighting through a mission) you can get to 2000 quickly, particularly if you check multiple planets.

Personally, I haven't run WB since we had Jaggo Amures. However, for new players that don't have established friends, getting out of the WB rut can be hard. The point is that we shouldn't have to drag players kicking and screaming from one mission. ST put effort (however little) into creating 4 planets worth of content. Its wasted 90% of the time.

You are doing the same shit a million times in EVERY ORPG. The good ones just manage to make it rewarding.

Awesome run-on btw.

lol 2k might as well be 200 meseta now, the money drops in each mission are alot then v1 so its not really a big deal to pay money just to go to another lobby really.

Koji1m1
May 27, 2008, 09:43 PM
and as for your last complaint, i think what your reffering too is dungen crawlers, im reffering to MMOs like WoW and such.

Elley
May 27, 2008, 09:55 PM
Don't nerf White Beast... buff the other missions.

amtalx
May 28, 2008, 12:11 AM
My point wasn't really that it costs money. The problem is more the tedium. You can spend 15 jumping lobbies to see if there is anyone running odd missions and come up with nothing. In PSO it took 5 seconds to check if anyone was running EP II.

Rust
May 28, 2008, 09:50 AM

Actually, i'm not sure people would be all pissed off, though there is no doubt some would take such an ingame update as an excuse to quit the game. I'm playing another MMO besides PSU, and on this one, it's quite clear that developers headed for non-spamming politics. Each 'adventure' (let's say it's like PSU missions though it isn't) come with a recommended character level and three levels of difficulty : Normal, Hard and Elite. The more difficult you go for, the more you get XP, though the completing item reward stay the same. Now that's how it works : the game lets you doing a specific adventure three times if you want to (so let's say you're smart and do it in each difficulty), then starting from the fourth time you repeat it, you get a penalty on XP reward, which increases every time your repeat it again, 'till you get 0 XP. Same goes for the XP given from optional goals and value of loots in said adventures, though it starts from the first time your repeat the adventure, 'till you get 0 XP for everything and treasure chests gives you crap or no loot at all. Those optional and treasure chests thingies are took separately from the adventure completing system, so you can't even start an adventure, run to the said goal or chest for quick loot or XP, then cancel and restart. It won't affect the XP penalty for the whole adventure but the thing you're spamming will keep decreasing anyways.

Now, all those things aren't reversible, which means once an adventure starts giving you crap loot and XP, there is no way to revert it back to normal other than doing it with another character. On another note, you get a XP bonus the first time you do an adventure, and that for every level of difficulty (so XP bonus three times, basically ; +25 % on Normal and Hard, +50 % on elite). The system seems very harsh, 'cause you clearly can't spam adventures unless you ending doing it only for fun, but still, nobody at all complains about that system, spammers / runners as much as teamplayers / roleplayers are ok with it. Though it works because there are plenty of adventures (around 10~20 per level, each with three levels of difficulty) with each being quite different from the others, so plenty to do, but also because the server population in fairly stable (it isn't overcrowded but still we have a decent amount of people and the number isn't decreasing or increasing) and the group search system is handy (open a group search window, add your details, then it pops it in a group search list which is server-wide, so available to every player on the server).

So i think this system wouldn't work at all on PSU. First, because we don't have the same variety of missions. 49 currently on US/EU servers, and though while i can't spam the same mission without being bored, i don't have that feeling when doing different missions, i have to say all in all, almost all the missions are actually the same things ; same mobs with differents skins, only the landscapes change, which doesn't bring anything to the game and so on. Only the party missions at planet counters are different in that way, and some AotI missions got some interesting uses of the traps (i kinda like the Rykros 'pressure plate' system). So if the thing wasn't reversible, well then you'd end up having nothing anywhere quite quick, this would have to reincrease in some other way. Second thing while it wouldn't work is that because it wasn't working like that at first place. Probably people would have somewhat got used to it if it was there since the launch of PSU, changing that now will only make almost all of the remaining players upset about this new system.

I agree with the main counter thing too. While i'm not really having problems for going where i want as i have a stable party of friends, looking in every counter for parties on servers like the PC/PS2 one when the population isn't that big, especially when there is 18 Universes (why that much anyways ?) on top of that, is worse than discouraging. So everyone flock to hotspots. I dodge hotspots like plague but i can understand everyone goes there, especially when they don't know where to go else.
My biggest rant about the game is the drop system though. PSU is basically a hack'n slash online game, but with a regular MMO drop system. That means when you want a precise 'leet' weapon, you have to farm a specific mob or boss in order to get it. The drop system forces players to spam missions already, so fixing the MP / EXP reward wouldn't be a solution, but a first step. Drops are assigned to places or mobs, they lack of variety, and on the top of that, the crafting system is quite broken. Shouldn't crafting materials be easier to find than the weapon or armor boards for which you're using them ? I mean, there are S-rank stuff needing like 30 units of a specific material to be crafted, with those said materials having a lowest drop rate than the S-rank board you're using them into. And if you ever collect everything you want, it can fail. :wacko:
What i don't really like right now is that everything under S-rank stuff looks too generic, and we have like one or two skins per weapon and rarity on S-rank. PSU lacks of some random generated special effects items, much more like in any hack'n slash (not going as far as the crazy random generated items you could get in like Diablo II or Hellgate, indeed) or even in PSO, which some interesting magic enhanced items. And also, i'd rather had everything dropping everywhere ('cept, maybe for things like Par Walna and stuff which have to stay on Parum, heh) than being tied to places and monsters. Instead of spamming a mission with low chances of getting what you want, you could go anywhere you want with the same low chances of getting what you want, or anything else of equal value that might end up in interesting you anyways. But that's only my opinion, i'm quite fond of everything that is random, it's not really the case of most of the player database.

fayt6
May 28, 2008, 04:52 PM
i compleatly agree whitebeast sucks ..it brings down the economey an everything else that an its boaring as fuck

DarkEliteRico
May 28, 2008, 05:16 PM
i compleatly agree whitebeast sucks ..it brings down the economey an everything else that an its boaring as fuck I say let them grind the piss out of it, it makes it to where when other people find 11* and up weapons elsewhere we can sell them for a higher price, sure it may take us a little bit of time to get said weapons/items but it's a bigger sale on our end since they couldn't have got it any other way besides saving up and getting lucky there sometimes.