PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else think ST is trying to dodge the extention?

VorpalLord
May 26, 2008, 02:18 PM
They keep pushing it back, first it was '2 weeks' now its 'late june'. Also there is nothing on the main page about the event being delayed, only 1 topic on the forums that will probably be unstickied and buried in the other threads. Also they post this on the main page, http://phantasystaruniverse.com/news_item.php?item=nid44 [note the word 'closes']. Might be a bit paranoid, but ive been questioning the extension ever since they first delayed it.

Zorafim
May 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
I came expecting word of a new expansion. I must say I'm greatly disappointed.

From what I can tell, this is Sega. Many people have quit because of how inconsistent they are. I still remember the time they pushed back the first group of frag PAs three weeks, because they didn't have it in time. Now, most major companies would have put off the maintenance until they had it, or they would have done another maintenance some time in the next couple of days.
Anyway, yeah, don't expect it any time soon. Truthfully, I have no idea what the big deal is on Sega's part. The event was just up, how much work is required to put it back?

Kanore
May 26, 2008, 02:22 PM
Pretty sure it was always 'late June.' Unless I'm interpreting your '2 weeks' wrong. The only 2 weeks I remember is the length that the expansion was supposed to be.

CeruleanWitch
May 26, 2008, 02:23 PM
Your expectations for ST are already too high when you acknowledge the extension's existence.

Jakosifer
May 26, 2008, 02:24 PM
The way I see it, as long as the PA update occurs before the next extension, I'm all for it. >_>

Although it probably wont.

beatrixkiddo
May 26, 2008, 02:25 PM
I've been questioning the extension ever since they ANNOUNCED it, much less delayed it.

MS-Wift
May 26, 2008, 02:28 PM
I'm still wondering just why exactly they couldn't extend it in the first place. Those cryptic PR answers drive me insane.

Ami~
May 26, 2008, 02:32 PM
Yeah I don't get it either, I mean what was the point in taking it out in the first place? they should have just left it there. Sega can be so odd sometimes >.>

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 02:34 PM
I'm still wondering just why exactly they couldn't extend it in the first place. Those cryptic PR answers drive me insane.

I have a theory that for the events they simply run a program. All they've done is translate names and dialog for us. They gett he program from japan and run it. It's fully automatic. I use the example of them not doing any maint to open ruins or program DF, soon as we passed the counter both just opened.

Basically once the timer for the event runs out, it's done. They didn't extend it int he first place because they have no clue HOW. Yes I know it sounds stupid, how hard can it be to chanega couple numbers to extend the time? Well as hard as it has been to do the PA rebalance number change it seems.

On a personal note I'd rather not have the extention. I'd like them to just give us the final two priczes for 180 and 200mil. It's not like we wouuldn't get both within the 2 week extention. I'd say more like within just 1 week would do it. If they do it how I said we get the missing stuff for their mess up and we don't have to wait an extra month + 2 weeks + dead time for our MAG prizes.

MS-Wift
May 26, 2008, 02:38 PM
Honestly, I'd like prizes, but most of what I really liked about MAG was that I could reliably find lower level parties. The mission itself was dead boring after a few times running it, and I'd have to struggle to stay awake during it, but groups made it somewhat bearable.

VorpalLord
May 26, 2008, 03:08 PM
Your expectations for ST are already too high when you acknowledge the extension's existence.

Well it's the fact that the GMs on the official forums are promising it. If it doesn't happen that would make more people mad than if they just canceled it in the first place.

mvffin
May 26, 2008, 03:22 PM
everything that gets delayed here worked perfectly on the jp servers. why do we even HAVE SoA? just get 5 people from SoJ that speak english, and the whole system would work 10x better.

Sasamichan
May 26, 2008, 03:23 PM
Well it's the fact that the GMs on the official forums are promising it. If it doesn't happen that would make more people mad than if they just canceled it in the first place.

What promise?

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
Tags (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/tags.php)
anti-sega (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/tags.php?tag=anti-sega), mag extension (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/tags.php?tag=mag+extension)

lol'd.

Anyway, I'd rather them just cancel the extension and give us the last two prizes.

Danny_Dark
May 26, 2008, 03:44 PM
I have the Bad Feeling, that this is a Lie...

PekingDuck13
May 26, 2008, 03:56 PM
I have a theory that for the events they simply run a program. All they've done is translate names and dialog for us. They gett he program from japan and run it. It's fully automatic. I use the example of them not doing any maint to open ruins or program DF, soon as we passed the counter both just opened.

Basically once the timer for the event runs out, it's done. They didn't extend it int he first place because they have no clue HOW. Yes I know it sounds stupid, how hard can it be to chanega couple numbers to extend the time? Well as hard as it has been to do the PA rebalance number change it seems.

On a personal note I'd rather not have the extention. I'd like them to just give us the final two priczes for 180 and 200mil. It's not like we wouuldn't get both within the 2 week extention. I'd say more like within just 1 week would do it. If they do it how I said we get the missing stuff for their mess up and we don't have to wait an extra month + 2 weeks + dead time for our MAG prizes.

The 360 Servers had the Winter event an extra week and all they did was not do the maintenance that would remove it.

Kylie
May 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
Honestly, I don't buy the "pushes back other updates" thing, but I do think they pushed it back for a reason, and that we will get it eventually. Maybe they didn't want to have free play during the extension to make up for the $15,000 loss they're taking with the three week free play.

BigshowPat
May 26, 2008, 03:58 PM
All lies.

Turb0
May 26, 2008, 04:04 PM
Honestly I doubt it will happen at all. It would be just like them to make up some excuse and say they can't start the event for a second time. Besides, isn't the point of an "extension" to be connected to the original thing it's extending?

SonicTMP
May 26, 2008, 04:10 PM
Honestly, I don't buy the "pushes back other updates" thing, but I do think they pushed it back for a reason, and that we will get it eventually. Maybe they didn't want to have free play during the extension to make up for the $15,000 loss they're taking with the three week free play.

you know I'd actually beleive that. They mess up, free 2 weeks and then give us nothing to do for those 2 free weeks.

unicorn
May 26, 2008, 04:33 PM
I dont think we're getting an extension. It'll get to a point where most of us won't even care about it and neither would ST. Just give us the grind boost and Sange.

I'm surprised that they used the excuse that it would push back content. However, we didn't get anything in last friday's maintenence. >_>

And you know how many times I waited for that PA rebalanced to be released? Eff it. I had techs I wanted to lvl. I would have had all of them 31+ by now if I didn't wait. Oh and now I can't use my old tech/bullet lvling methods... >_>

-Chilly
May 26, 2008, 05:18 PM
I just want to synth all my nice boards with that 20% boost o,o!!

Powder Keg
May 26, 2008, 05:30 PM
I think it's delayed because they want people to pay/come back when the billing server is fixed.

Right now, the free period doesn't mean dick. If MAG were already over, people wouldn't renew...however, if the billing server is fixed and MAG comes back around...

Sasamichan
May 26, 2008, 05:47 PM
I think it's delayed because they want people to pay/come back when the billing server is fixed.

Right now, the free period doesn't mean dick. If MAG were already over, people wouldn't renew...however, if the billing server is fixed and MAG comes back around...

Good point.

ashley50
May 26, 2008, 05:52 PM
Extension? What Extension?
What is this extension you're talking about?

Piper_Maru
May 26, 2008, 06:18 PM

That makes the most sense to me.

Jainsea
May 26, 2008, 06:20 PM
As of lately, there is no telling what Sega is going do :(
I just want that PA update already T_T

Realmz
May 26, 2008, 07:07 PM
if i recall correctly most of the events are actually timed, and not started by game admins. not sure where i heard that but i'm pretty sure i did.

Still Sonic Team said they were giving us the extention, not SoA so :o

Natalie
May 27, 2008, 02:02 AM
I think it's a bunch of bull when a business such as SEGA tries to pull off something behind our back, what would it be huh? It's like off the official forums, some guy thought they're trying to keep our money and give us nothing in return, which is dumb to think, because, anybody with common sense KNOWS that they'll lose customers for stupid shit like that, and they are as you're looking at this, maybe not many, but the point IS they LOSE money... stop thinking dumb shit like that because all it's going to do is ruin the minds of the players with rumors.

Stop spreading lies/rumors.

EDIT: As well SEGA is doing the best they can to make the game fair to 065'ers and so they can still keep the players in the game, they're making the right decision as a company/business/comunity, so shut the hell up with conspiracy theories and what not.

Shou
May 27, 2008, 02:53 AM
I guess I am pretty lucky, I'm naturally a patient person. I have no idea why. *shrugs*

...My friend still owes me $230...

Kion
May 27, 2008, 04:18 AM
are we expecting things from ST when they say they'll do things? This is completely nuts. ST never gets things done in a timely fashion. First they need to release in in japan, wait three months, announce it here, say they're having problems, delay it, put the data online, rollback, delay it again, wait three more weeks, and then we finally get it.

Natalie
May 27, 2008, 05:30 AM
It hasn't ALWAYS been like that, they didn't have to do a rollback everytime they had an update nor was it because they just wanted to they HAD to, no one seems to understand that every thing they're doing IS necessary, so complain if you want, but it won't do no good due to the fact that most of you have yet to realize the reason why they are doing the things they are doing... geezus.

unicorn
May 27, 2008, 05:46 AM
They do it because they have our money.

PALRAPPYS
May 27, 2008, 06:03 AM
You know, I always question updates now.

Broodstar1337
May 27, 2008, 07:05 AM
you know I'd actually beleive that. They mess up, free 2 weeks and then give us nothing to do for those 2 free weeks.

lol Segac. How they manage to keep business is beyond me.

Cracka_J
May 27, 2008, 07:41 AM
Like Artea said, it's all about the dollaz.

This "blunder" was likely not a blunder at all, instead a money making scam pulled by exec's at ST to get your monies. Why extend an event that people would pay for during a free period when they can just as easily take your money afterwards. In their minds, you want the mag extension, and will stick around for it. You will pay for it.

It's too ironic how compensation for their errors turns into a money making scheme for them.
Just never f'ing fails with ST.

Akaimizu
May 27, 2008, 08:14 AM
Not surprising there's a lot of speculation. That's what happens when you don't give explanations, the players do that. Me. I'm not expecting anything on this issue, but that's because without any information, I can't even put my thoughts whether they can go on with the planned extension. The other updates are probably what I want most, however this has given me excuse to cool off playing a bit until something does move. I have plenty of other games to finish.

Natalie
May 27, 2008, 09:09 AM
It seems to me everyone's an idiot except for a select few.... Once again, why would a buisness do that? They'll lose bitchy customers like some of you guys/girls, and lose MORE money than they gained, trust me, only way you get paid is by doing the job right and they may be f-ing up but it's not to gain money.... *slaps the indecent few*

Dumb ass people I swear...

Deissa
May 27, 2008, 09:27 AM
I don't think there's anything malicious in what they're doing... I just think they're a bit... dumb.

-Ryuki-
May 27, 2008, 09:45 AM
To be honest, I don't think ST is going to make anything 'right' ever again. But then, it's like asking.. when have they ever? -Strokes chin.-

Shiro_Ryuu
May 27, 2008, 09:48 AM
Man, you know, if they keep this up, I'll probably find something else to move on to. Maybe Final Fantasy 11

Metsume
May 27, 2008, 10:01 AM
It's really confusing, and it's not helping at all that even SEGA doesn't know what the hell they're doing. I really don't see why they delayed the extention...

I'm sure not taking the event off and leaving it on the server would--wait...Yes, I'm pretty sure that's what an extension would be. If you're delaying an extension, what sense does that make.

SEGA: "WE DON'T KNOW!" :-?

They said that the mission to exchange badges would remain "for some time", but it's not there. I'm sure a lot of people were confused whether the extension would happen or not the night of and would at least like Gifts from Beyond to there so they can exchange what badges they didn't use before the event was closed.

Honestly, I don't really mind them extending MAG...As stated before, they really should just give us the last two prizes as compensation for 065, as we probably would have got 200,000,000+ kills during the two weeks extension. That and have Gifts from Beyond mission available.

I'm really only upset that if they really are gonna continue MAG and delay the extension, that means that after "late June" is somewhere around the time we'll get the prizes like 20% synthesis boost... :-(

Cracka_J
May 27, 2008, 10:42 AM
It seems to me everyone's an idiot except for a select few.... Once again, why would a buisness do that? They'll lose bitchy customers like some of you guys/girls, and lose MORE money than they gained, trust me, only way you get paid is by doing the job right and they may be f-ing up but it's not to gain money.... *slaps the indecent few*

It's apparent you've never had a job or owned a company before. I'll explain quickly for you.

1-Everything revolves around money.
2-MAG extension is something people want.
3-Not giving people something they want creates demand.
4-Not charging for something in demand = business stupidity.

You will get your MAG extension when the billing server goes back up, guaranteed.
065 was the initial f-up. This is a ploy rearranged to make money, nothing else.

Get a job or try to comprehend some simple economics before handing out dumbass awards, otherwise you put that spotlight on yourself.

-Ryuki-
May 27, 2008, 10:52 AM

You will get your MAG extension when the billing server goes back up, guaranteed.
065 was the initial f-up. This is a ploy rearranged to make money, nothing else.

So to everyone who pays a subscription to PSU.. what exactly is our money going to, or being used for?

As for the other bolded.. this isn't the first time people have been 065'd. This has happened previously before, supposedly usually around any and all events we've had. This one was supposedly more worse.

Kylie
May 27, 2008, 10:58 AM

:lol: No, no, no. Don't get me wrong! I don't think that it's a smart idea, but it's what I expect from SEGA because they have horrible business strategies. If they didn't, they could afford, or care enough to provide, better-quality customer support. If they were good at making money, a lot of things would be different. Trust me.

Broodstar1337
May 27, 2008, 10:58 AM
It's apparent you've never had a job or owned a company before. I'll explain quickly for you.

2-MAG extension is something people want.
3-Not giving people something they want creates demand.
4-Not charging for something in demand = business stupidity.

Get a job or try to comprehend some simple economics before handing out dumbass awards, otherwise you put that spotlight on yourself.

Supply and demand is one thing, but this is Sega we're talking about. I don't have a problem with people trying to make money off of other people, but this isn't as simple as "You want it? We got it for a price". This is a recent event in a very looooong series of fuck-ups from Sega. They're not exactly at a point where they can say "we can keep pissing off our customers and get away with it". They are losing business over their practices; PSU and Sonic the Hedgehog are very real examples of how bad they're doing in the video game world.

The DeviantArt community can only keep Sega's head above water for so long; they have to re-evaluate how they do business.

Powder Keg
May 27, 2008, 11:07 AM
Every company's #1 priority is profit.

While it's somewhat generous of them to allow us to play for free instead of just shutting down or not allowing any activity on the billing server all together until the problem is fixed, it's just not a good decision business-wise, especially in today's economy (another story) to allow a majority of the event to be free, when people would likely stop playing afterwards.

I mean, very few if any are going to come out and say "You know what...ST was nice for extending the event and allowing free play while the billing server is down...I think I'll stay after the event."

Cracka_J
May 27, 2008, 11:29 AM
Supply and demand is one thing, but this is Sega we're talking about. I don't have a problem with people trying to make money off of other people, but this isn't as simple as "You want it? We got it for a price". This is a recent event in a very looooong series of fuck-ups from Sega. They're not exactly at a point where they can say "we can keep pissing off our customers and get away with it". They are losing business over their practices; PSU and Sonic the Hedgehog are very real examples of how bad they're doing in the video game world.

The DeviantArt community can only keep Sega's head above water for so long; they have to re-evaluate how they do business.

Oh, I agree with you 100%. But it's quite obvious that they have no intention to change.
They have made they're money this long doing the same thing, they're not gonna change now.

Really, I'm not stating my opinion from a players point of view, I'm saying it from the business. You get to a point of how much bs can a player base take, which is currently where we're at.

Chill and the other mods try to their best to sugarcoat, but it's really all they can do.
This most likely was an upper management decision that went right over their heads.

You either break, quit, or play. Same decisions as always. Sega don't care bout nothin' but your money.

Kion
May 27, 2008, 11:33 AM
Our subcription keeps the servers up, but in order to keep people playing; they need to keep releasing new content. No updates (maintainance, support) = no subcribers = no game. I'm sure not a single person would be playing now if the content was what's avaliable in the 360 demo.

Phoenix_Black
May 27, 2008, 03:07 PM
i'm starting to wonder about that EA-buying-Sega rumor...

Natalie
May 27, 2008, 11:43 PM

THIS is mainly what I'm talking about, everyone thinks this is some conspiracy. And don't try to act like you know if I have ever ran a buisness or not, not saying I have, BUT, my grandfather created his own busness and I know from him that this is bunch of bullshit, no company want's it's customers disatisfied, not on purpose most definitely, as someone said before, SoA is just plain stupid, I don't think SoA is THAT smart, with how many mistakes they've made, I think not, so don't question my knowledge of things, from what I can see, you are included in the dumb ass list.

Mystil
May 28, 2008, 06:01 PM
Don't think SEGA was too happy with the whole "free account" thing.