PDA

View Full Version : Me / Quick / Har / Quick / Diffrence?

Triton
May 26, 2008, 07:46 PM
Me / Quick
TECHNIC casting speed is decreased to 50% of normal

Har / Quick
TECHNIC casting speed is decreased to 33% of normal.

Still don't get why Har / Quick is better?

Legendria
May 26, 2008, 07:48 PM
You cast......even faster?

100 tp is negligible, you won't even notice it.

Kamiense
May 26, 2008, 07:48 PM
Har / Quick removes 66% of the cast time on casting spells, while Me / Quick only removes only 50% of the time. It does not remove time off the animation, but at the initial elemental glow while casting.

Definitely get a Har / Quick.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 26, 2008, 07:49 PM
It's worded incorrectly. It ought to say "casting time is decreased" not "casting speed."

Inazuma
May 26, 2008, 08:47 PM
haru smart has the same tech cast speed as haru quick but instead of the -100 magic attack penalty, it slightly lessens the range on simple and ra techs. it comes out the same time as lumira/spread (adds power and tech range) so its a really good pair of head units to carry around. haru smart is fine for general use but there are some situations where youd want to switch to lumira/spread for the range.

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 09:06 PM
Har/quick is fine on the fT imo, but for hybrids I prefer the me/quick. Its not enough of a difference to be worth reducing your TP by that much.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 26, 2008, 09:08 PM
Har/quick is fine on the fT imo, but for hybrids I prefer the me/quick. Its not enough of a difference to be worth reducing your TP by that much.And TP is useful for what again? Most hybrids won't mind loosing the 100.

Alastor_Haven
May 26, 2008, 09:31 PM
I didn't notice that much dmg in reduction from Har/quick as a FT

On other types maybe so

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 09:48 PM
I mind the TP reduction. I pinch for as much TP as possible.

Also, TP is useful for technics, duh.

Perhaps I should have made this a bit more clear. If you're going to be using support techs quite a bit, har/quick is indeed the way to go. That extra bit of speed can come in handy in a tough situation where you need to heal fast.

If you're going to be using more attack techs, I'd personally use the har/quick as an fT, but as a WT I prefer orpa/force or me/quick, depending the mission. In the lower TP ranks, you'll need the TP. The speed won't give you that much of an advantage vs the +220 tp of the orpa/force.

Syl
May 26, 2008, 10:23 PM
TP difference between a Har and a Me quick on my caseal GT isn't very noticeable on Resta/Giresta. I think I lose like ~40 points on the heal.

Having Har/Quick is a life saver for support techs since the time that it cuts is really noticeable from a Me/Quick. Better to actually land the heal on that last pinch of time than not landing it ;l

Ahkaskar
May 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
Me/Quick is -30 TP, which is around 6 damage. Har/Quick is -100 TP which is around 20 damage. Big whoop. Reduced delay is a lot more helpful.

RemiusTA
May 26, 2008, 11:11 PM
I could have sworn Har/Quick decreases casting time by 300%.

Shokatshin
May 26, 2008, 11:57 PM
I could have sworn Har/Quick decreases casting time by 300%.

What? If you decreased casting time by 100%, you'd get a casting time of 0.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 27, 2008, 12:08 AM
Yeah. It increases casting speed to 300% of normal (an increase of 200%), meaning it takes 33% as long to cast techs as normal.

Garnet_Moon
May 27, 2008, 04:21 PM
I mind the TP reduction. I pinch for as much TP as possible.

Also, TP is useful for technics, duh.

Perhaps I should have made this a bit more clear. If you're going to be using support techs quite a bit, har/quick is indeed the way to go. That extra bit of speed can come in handy in a tough situation where you need to heal fast.

If you're going to be using more attack techs, I'd personally use the har/quick as an fT, but as a WT I prefer orpa/force or me/quick, depending the mission. In the lower TP ranks, you'll need the TP. The speed won't give you that much of an advantage vs the +220 tp of the orpa/force.

You make it sound like this game is hard.

Just forget what everyone is saying about penalties from 100 TP; it's negligible. Go for a Har / Quick whether you use wands or rods, or are a hybrid or Master class. In the end the melee do all the work anyway, so just look pretty and keep them buffed. If you're solo? Well, do whatever you want but the Har / Quick will get you through the run faster.

Just look pretty in a party and keep the melee buffed. Tag things with debuffs and you'll do OK.

pikachief
May 27, 2008, 04:25 PM

he wanted the spells to come out before he pressed the button XD

MSAksion
May 27, 2008, 04:29 PM
In my Humble opinion the HAR/QUICK with its minus 100 TP early on is only for ForteTechers.

The -30 TP of the Me/Quick is already Perfect for Hybrids. Hybrids can use Wands and Madoogs which by themselves already are twice as fast as a Rod. Adding Me Quick shortens that even more and minus 30 TP is nothing for a hybrid.

But a har quick on a hybrid Techer is overkill and the -100 TP does equate to a good amount of Damage down. And if youre a CAST or a Beast that -100 TP hurts

Har Quick on a ForteTecher with Rods is the way to go.
Me Quick on any of the 3 Hybrids is the way to go.

pikachief
May 27, 2008, 04:30 PM
how is a har / quick on WT pointless? i think its awesome! and the 100 -tp hardly makes a difference on AT.

also on GT with a Har / quick i resta for hardly any less at all, most people cant tell the difference.

Garnet_Moon
May 27, 2008, 04:32 PM
how is a har / quick on WT pointless? i think its awesome! and the 100 -tp hardly makes a difference on AT.

also on GT with a Har / quick i resta for hardly any less at all, nobody can tell the difference.
Fixed for accuracy. The bold and underlined portion is now correct.

Gen2000
May 27, 2008, 04:32 PM
Har/Quick is always better. Even on Hybrids.

For supporting. Har/Quick gives you the fastest Resta/Giresta/Buffs. Done.
For attacking. It will still take the same, if not around the same, number of casts to kill an enemy using Me/Quick as it would Har/Quick, Har/Quick cast faster meaning enemy has less chance to escape nuke-fest meaning faster overall kill. This is why head slots like Orpa/Red Force fails too vs. Har/Quick.

Deissa
May 27, 2008, 04:47 PM
I just worded that badly. I meant casting time is decreased, not speed. Hmm. That'll bug me now. Gonna fix that.

Edit: Fixed.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 27, 2008, 04:51 PM
I'm using a Har / Quick on my WT now, but if Me / Quick is better for a WT, I might try it out if I can get my hands on one.

HELLBOT
May 27, 2008, 05:00 PM
i think a me/quick is better it takes off 30 TECH and cuts casting time in half while a har/quick takes off 100 TECH and decreases time by 66% is 16% diffrence rea;y worth 70TECH? i don't think so

Garnet_Moon
May 27, 2008, 05:01 PM
i think a me/quick is better it takes off 30 TECH and cuts casting time in half while a har/quick takes off 100 TECH and decreases time by 66% is 16% diffrence rea;y worth 70TECH? i don't think so

Will you notice the damage reduction from 70 TP? I don't think so.

Elley
May 27, 2008, 05:11 PM
Har / Quick always. Always.

Sekani
May 27, 2008, 05:12 PM
If damage over time or DPS actually mattered in this game then maybe there'd be a better argument for using Har / Quick over an Orpa / Force. I've tried both on wartecher and acrotecher, and in my opinion the speed boost is not beneficial enough to outweigh the very noticeable tech damage loss. Unless you're a newman, maybe.

Fanin
May 27, 2008, 05:31 PM
I use har / quick on my CAST GT because I don't use attack techs, and me / quick on my human AT. My human AT already casts fast enough, so har / quick isn't really necessary.

Astarin
May 27, 2008, 05:32 PM
For the record, I think the original poster's question was answered two-and-a-half pages ago, but...

[spoiler-box]I did tests with my Fortetecher last night. I tried Har / Quick (-100 TP), Me / Quick(-30 TP), and Har / Force S (+150 TP, the closest thing I've got to Orpa / Force). The difference between Me and Har / Quick is less than 100 damage; the Har / Force S added a little over 200 damage, compared to the Har / Quick.

Now, you should note that this is a pretty extreme case. I used a 130/20 Male Newman Fortetecher, with level 38 Foie, linked to a grinded Halarod with 3 other Fire technics, and level 30 Retier, against Ice Vandas (Caves of Ice S2). Foie's high damage modifier, coupled with all those other boosts means that any damage difference is going to be exaggerated. On anything less optimal, like another race, another technic, or a Hybrid techer, this damage difference should be smaller.

For example, I used level 34 Rafoie against those same Vandas, with the exact same setup. The difference between Har / Quick and Har / Force S is barely 100 damage.

Because of this, I'd argue Har / Quick is better for everyone. Without a speed boosting unit, in my experience, high level technics take so long to cast that you will frequently be interupted, cancelling your spell. This goes for both attack and support. [/spoiler-box]

Erm, yeah. So anyway, if you want faster casting, then yes, Me / Quick is better than Har / Quick, in spite of the confusing description.

HELLBOT
May 28, 2008, 04:43 PM
And TP is useful for what again? Most hybrids won't mind loosing the 100.

idiot most hybrids care because that have much to spare in the first place, and tp is used for how much damage your spells do. i used a har/quick then a me quick i did 200 more damage with the me quick

HELLBOT
May 28, 2008, 04:45 PM
Will you notice the damage reduction from 70 TP? I don't think so.

yeah it does 70 tech made a 200 damage diffrence on my level 22 foie thank you

Gen2000
May 28, 2008, 09:49 PM
idiot most hybrids care because that have much to spare in the first place, and tp is used for how much damage your spells do. i used a har/quick then a me quick i did 200 more damage with the me quick

And how many cast does it take to kill the same enemy with Me/Quick vs. Har/Quick, unless it's something as dramatic as 5 casts less in favor of Me/Quick (spoilers: it isn't) then that 200 damage didn't do anything.

This seems to be a point commonly missed by the Me/Quick, TP Boost unit supporters/anti-Har Quick people.

AnimeSister
May 28, 2008, 09:57 PM
You start to notice the speed difference in the big spells; such as Gi technics and Ra technics; in this case, yes, Har/Quick proves far more superior then the Me/Quick. However, if you use a spell such as foie or even diga for that matter. Chances are Me/Quick will outdamage the Har/Quick. It all depends really, in the end; speed really decides whether your dmg count increases or not. I'd rather use a me/quick or har/quick anyday over a Red/Force....but in my opinion, unless you are taking off zeros; use a har/quick over a me/quick; otherwise, use a me/quick; either one is good^^

Magician
Jun 4, 2008, 11:07 AM
The bottom line is...speed kills. The faster you can attack the better.

If you're casting spells, Har/Quick...always.

relentless
Jun 4, 2008, 11:39 AM
Would be cool to see an even better unit with even more speed than Har / Quick. lol Gib Red / Quick?xD

Vent
Jun 4, 2008, 11:45 AM
With Masterforce and level 41 techniques animation, that would be Lag/Quick.