PDA

View Full Version : Xbox 360 Account Hacked... help me out

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
So, yesterday, my friend, who's gt was Smckyy1399 was playing PSU and some kid told him about this website that would get you free microsoft points. Now, im not saying that it was smart for him to fall for it, but i still feel bad. The website he said was called: [LINK REMOVED - Let's not send anyone else there!] . If you go to this site, you can see that its designed to look like a real microsoft website. It looks pretty legit. It stole the windows live ID password and the guy signed onto his gamertag and changed the password. Just dont enter any information when you go to it. Anyways, the character's name is Sam and he changed the gamertag tp ph4nt0m v2. The reason I know this is because my friend told me ahead of time and before this kid had the chance to change his gt or anything, I was actually able to get in a party with this guy, and he tried to pull the same deal on me because he is a scumbag. So, i was spying on him without him knowing that I knew he stole the account and he actually told me that he was changing the gamertag. The reason that I am posting is because I wanted to warn everyone about this guy AND to ask for any suggestions about how to re-trick this guy into getting my freinds account back.

Anything will help...

chicken105
May 26, 2008, 09:16 PM
=/ I got an xbox live message and psu message from one my friends about this guy. 18k ID guy.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:19 PM
18k ID guy.[/QUOTE]

what are u saying?

beatrixkiddo
May 26, 2008, 09:20 PM
Your best bet (if you're telling the truth) is to take this up with Microsoft. Nobody here can help you in any other way than the advice I just gave you.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:24 PM
yeaaa i already called microsoft.... and they're "investigating" the situation, and they can't help me out for 10-15 business days, and meanwhile this guy is on my account, playing as my character (sam lv130) and i checked out my pallete, several things are different.

so, for 3 weeks he has full control of everything on my account.... i just wish there was something else i could do

PALRAPPYS
May 26, 2008, 09:26 PM
Tip for the future-

Never believe you'll get something free. There's almost always a catch.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
i didnt even want the microsoft points, i have plenty, plus theyre cheap.... but he said he needed them and his computer was down and asked me if i could check the website out.... so i did

check out the website... Mod Edit: Post the link again and you will be banned.....DONT ENTER ANY OF YOUR INFO.... but just go there and tell me that doesnt look exactly like xbox.com, i mean im not a stupid guy... and yet this happened to me...ugh

Broodstar1337
May 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
Phishing =! Hacking

McLaughlin
May 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
yeaaa i already called microsoft.... and they're "investigating" the situation, and they can't help me out for 10-15 business days, and meanwhile this guy is on my account, playing as my character (sam lv130) and i checked out my pallete, several things are different.

so, for 3 weeks he has full control of everything on my account.... i just wish there was something else i could do

Thought you said it was a friend?

Recover your account back, put a Password on it, and change all your contact information. Not even sure if that works. I've never felt the urge to give out my personal information to test it.

McLaughlin
May 26, 2008, 09:35 PM
i didnt even want the microsoft points, i have plenty, plus theyre cheap.... but he said he needed them and his computer was down and asked me if i could check the website out.... so i did

check out the website...[REMOVED]....DONT ENTER ANY OF YOUR INFO.... but just go there and tell me that doesnt look exactly like xbox.com, i mean im not a stupid guy... and yet this happened to me...ugh

Take the link out. It was removed from the first post for a reason.

Also, being set to never log me out, having to re-sign in is the first of many hints (ONE BEING THE URL!) that it's a phising site.

Tomeeboy
May 26, 2008, 09:36 PM
I would continue to contact Xbox Live Support and find out of there is a way you can somehow retrieve your account. From my understanding, they don't make this very easy for somebody who is a victim of account theft, and I would probably not put a whole lot of faith in them resolving the issue after just one phone call.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:37 PM
oh yea i didnt notice it was.... sorry bout that, u dont have to go there its just amazing how they recreated it.... umm yea my friend made the post... hes sitting right next to me

its my account, i just made my friend post this... cuz i was lazy

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:38 PM
well they said they are investigating it.... and i called them several times... they verified all my info, and know the account is rightfully mine, however the guy changed my gt and changed my windows live id.... i cannot get the account back... i guess i just have to wait 3 weeks

BogusKun
May 26, 2008, 09:38 PM
Hacking has become so easy these days. The age of he average hacker is 16-19. Just nothing better for them to do these days

McLaughlin
May 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
Kinda curious as to why you thought a site you thought to be the Official Site would be giving away free Microsoft Points.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:40 PM
sorry i didnt notice you even deleted the link the first time.... i wont post it again, but i def think its harsh to threaten to ban me?

my bad.... but your right i shouldnt have posted it

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:41 PM
idk.... i was in a good mood.... i guess i thought id help the guy out.... maybe u can say im gullible.

i didnt think i would actually get free points, but i also didnt think that i would be in this situation.

Tomeeboy
May 26, 2008, 09:49 PM
sorry i didnt notice you even deleted the link the first time.... i wont post it again, but i def think its harsh to threaten to ban me?

my bad.... but your right i shouldnt have posted it

Well, encouraging people to visit a site that is built entirely for the purpose of stealing their accounts wasn't exactly a well-thought-out idea ;) Just wanted to get the point across clearly and quickly before any more people were encouraged to go there. They can't fall victim to the same scam if they never go to the web site.

smckyy1399
May 26, 2008, 09:56 PM
i resent that....

i did think it through....
i clearly stated. DONT ENTER YOUR INFO
or something like that.... if your smart, and dont enter your info, then viewing that site will not affect u at all

thanks for insulting me tho

RadHaz
May 27, 2008, 02:17 AM
getting your account taken is the least of your worries. imagine if you're a sucker for a bank scam.
phishing, spear phishing, keyloggers, rootkits. these are the tools of organized crime now. and major governments.

Mr_Confused
May 27, 2008, 08:23 AM
i resent that....

i did think it through....
i clearly stated. DONT ENTER YOUR INFO
or something like that.... if your smart, and dont enter your info, then viewing that site will not affect u at all

thanks for insulting me tho

Your starting to sound like the type of person who would get their account stolen. He's right you linked a website that is only for scamming people, no matter how many times you put DO NOT ENTER ANY INFO, people can still get to the site. Meaning the scammers have more opportunities to steal info. Did you ever think that if you are already logged into .net maybe they could steal your info just by visiting the site? I mean first off you go to a supposedly official site giving away free microsoft points, even though you didnt need them. And then you link the site for everyone to go to. You sound exactly like the type of person who doesnt think things through enough to get scammed.

Follisimo
May 27, 2008, 08:30 AM
People who fall for this stuff deserve to lose their accounts. It's your fault and I have no sympathy for the stupid.

landman
May 27, 2008, 09:03 AM
Your starting to sound like the type of person who would get their account stolen. He's right you linked a website that is only for scamming people, no matter how many times you put DO NOT ENTER ANY INFO, people can still get to the site. Meaning the scammers have more opportunities to steal info. Did you ever think that if you are already logged into .net maybe they could steal your info just by visiting the site? I mean first off you go to a supposedly official site giving away free microsoft points, even though you didnt need them. And then you link the site for everyone to go to. You sound exactly like the type of person who doesnt think things through enough to get scammed.

No, if you are logged in hotmail or xbox.com you will not be logged in this kind of site, that is one of the reasons because people shouldn't log in with their live accounts out of hotmail.com and other official sites, specially if it is a web some random person gave to you

Mr_Confused
May 27, 2008, 11:42 AM
No, if you are logged in hotmail or xbox.com you will not be logged in this kind of site, that is one of the reasons because people shouldn't log in with their live accounts out of hotmail.com and other official sites, specially if it is a web some random person gave to you

I was saying that if you are logged into xbox.com and go to this site they might be able to steal your info. Just like when you go to some sites and they steal your ip address, im sure you would have to have it set to save your password when you sign into .net, not saying it would sign you into that site.

Proto07
May 27, 2008, 11:51 AM
I got an Xbox Live message today from the same guy advertising this phishing site. Looks like he's a psoworld lurker or member cuz I haven't played psu since Saturday.

Atomic646
May 27, 2008, 02:55 PM
So, yesterday, my friend, who's gt was Smckyy1399 was playing PSU and some kid told him about this website that would get you free microsoft points. Now, im not saying that it was smart for him to fall for it, but i still feel bad. The website he said was called: [LINK REMOVED - Let's not send anyone else there!] . If you go to this site, you can see that its designed to look like a real microsoft website. It looks pretty legit. It stole the windows live ID password and the guy signed onto his gamertag and changed the password. Just dont enter any information when you go to it. Anyways, the character's name is Sam and he changed the gamertag tp ph4nt0m v2. The reason I know this is because my friend told me ahead of time and before this kid had the chance to change his gt or anything, I was actually able to get in a party with this guy, and he tried to pull the same deal on me because he is a scumbag. So, i was spying on him without him knowing that I knew he stole the account and he actually told me that he was changing the gamertag. The reason that I am posting is because I wanted to warn everyone about this guy AND to ask for any suggestions about how to re-trick this guy into getting my freinds account back.

Anything will help...
Hack him back, If you know how too. All I can say at the forum rules.

P.s what he did is not hacking.

Atomic646
May 27, 2008, 03:11 PM
I was saying that if you are logged into xbox.com and go to this site they might be able to steal your info. Just like when you go to some sites and they steal your ip address, im sure you would have to have it set to save your password when you sign into .net, not saying it would sign you into that site. Steal your Ip address??? When you go to any site your ip address shows, That's how they ban you from websites, just like a returning address on letters. You could use a Proxy to block/hide your Ip address, though I don't think that's necessary as you need to *log in* for anything bad happen.

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 03:13 PM
well.... what he did is a douche move, and i dont have my account... and no i dont know how to

im a normal guy, i invest my time into football, baseball, working out, studying, and having good friends, yet i occasionally like to go onto xbox live and have some fun, and now i can't do that....

im def wicked stupid oh yeah my b.... talk all the trash u want... i really dont care. I'm sure u have a lot of friends......

btw sorry to everyone who was on my side.
some ppl are douches

BigshowPat
May 27, 2008, 03:18 PM
No matter what you shouldn't post links to known phishing sites. It sucks that it happened to you and maybe Microsoft can do something about it.

Nobody means you harm but the site was posted twice. You may want to fill out a support form on the PSU website as well, telling the "hackers" information since you said you've partied with him.

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
i have partied with him.... and i admitted to it being stupid to posting the link to the website...

why dont u tell me one more time that im stupid it really helps....

btw i def dont think u shouldve put hackers in quotes
this is most def hacking.....
mayb not in a dictionary definition, but it ammounts to the same thing

Atomic646
May 27, 2008, 03:21 PM
Ok I'm sorry that your/friends account was "Jacked", but at least you learned something right?You do have to be pretty lame to hack accounts, but unfortunately there are people like that out there.

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
true, but i do want my account back

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 03:22 PM
atomic did u get my pm

landman
May 27, 2008, 03:23 PM
I was saying that if you are logged into xbox.com and go to this site they might be able to steal your info. Just like when you go to some sites and they steal your ip address, im sure you would have to have it set to save your password when you sign into .net, not saying it would sign you into that site.

No because you may think this website is the same Microsoft has for their log-in but your navigator is smarter than you and will not give this kind of information to the fake website.

Of course they can get the IP, but they need more than that to steal your account, lots of personal data and some stupid Microsoft worker in the other side of the phone (this last thing is not very difficult)

McLaughlin
May 27, 2008, 03:28 PM

They can't steal it unless you enter it. If you're set to never log out, and you're logged out at a page with a different URL and a page with striking similarities to an official page, it should clue you in that it's a scam.

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 03:37 PM
ever thought that maybe.... just maybe unlike u i dont have it set to never log out

and i dont ever go on xbox.com and check out my gamerscore.... like u do

McLaughlin
May 27, 2008, 03:52 PM
I don't need to go there to check it, I'm such a nerd I have it memorized. Plus it's in my sig.

Mman2000
May 27, 2008, 04:00 PM
If you fall for a scamming site, go here: http://www.itsupport.cjb.net/

Traize
May 27, 2008, 04:18 PM
That is easily the most helpful website ever! Seriously, I think it just overclocked my Processor for me!

Smcky, just a word to the wise, you might want to consider cooling off, you're being insanely defensive & with little to no reason. Until you started accusing people of insulting you, no one had actually done so.

End of the day, everyone makes mistakes, no one was calling you an idiot, but clearly you're paranoid about it as you're lashing out over nothing, just chill, carry on trying to deal with Microsoft & hope for the best.

chicken105
May 27, 2008, 04:35 PM
18k ID guy.

what are u saying?[/QUOTE]

the guys ID was in the 18000-18999 range.

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 06:10 PM
yes.... my id was in the 18000's..... sorry for being a bitch i get argumentative sometimes.....

dont blacklist him(Sam) or report him, because it is me.... microsoft is working on it, and knows he took my account....

Ami~
May 27, 2008, 06:29 PM
It sucks that happened to you! hopefully you'll get your account back ^^ And by the way, that "my friend did this" story gets old fast. it's okay, you made a mistake, no worries! :P

AlphaDragoon
May 27, 2008, 06:33 PM
If you fall for a scamming site, go here: http://www.itsupport.cjb.net/

This is so amazing, and helpful! :-P

Mman2000
May 27, 2008, 08:13 PM
It's all the help these people need, or deserve for that matter. XD

smckyy1399
May 27, 2008, 08:18 PM
w/e....

still, for some reason i don't feel confident in microsofts abilities to give me my account back