PDA

View Full Version : Forte* vs. Master*

SupraMKIV
May 26, 2008, 09:10 PM
This seemed odd to some of my buddies and after listening to them, they started to make sense about what they were asking. The question is: "Why is it the Masters have a photon consumption penalty and why is it their stats are comparably lower than their equal forte* class".
Their argument is a Master* is exactly what it means, Masters of their trade; Shouldn't a Master* have both less point consumption and better stats than their counterpart? Any useful info is appreciated.

furrypaws
May 26, 2008, 09:21 PM
No, because then nobody would want to be a Fortetecher and it would disrupt balance.

Think about it this way. If you're a Fortetecher, you're mostly in it for the casting aspect. Why, then, would you stay Forte when you could be a class with higher spells, higher stats, and less PP? It would make Fortetechers practically obsolete (sp).

And if you think about it, they are masters. They're the only class who'll have level 50 offense techs and they cast quickly.

ThEoRy
May 26, 2008, 09:33 PM
Shouldn't a Master* have both less point consumption and better stats than their counterpart?.

This would be extremely broken.

stukasa
May 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
Master classes:
+ Speed boost
+ Level 50 PAs
+ S-ranks in all weapons
- Higher PP consumption
- Limited weapon selection
- Lower stats

From what I've heard, the positives outweigh the negatives. Master classes might not be exactly what most people were expecting but I think it's good they don't make the current classes obsolete.

SupraMKIV
May 26, 2008, 09:34 PM
What your saying is the Master Classes offer more choice. Both Forte* and Master* have their pros and cons. Another question brought up by my techer friend and in his words, " WHY THE *BLEEP* ONLY LEVEL TEN BUFFS"!?!

ThEoRy
May 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
" WHY THE *BLEEP* ONLY LEVEL TEN BUFFS"!?!

So you can focus on attacking. Other classes buff better anyway, again this way Forte won't become obsolete. Why is this hard to understand?

stukasa
May 26, 2008, 09:39 PM
Another question brought up by my techer friend and in his words, " WHY THE *BLEEP* ONLY LEVEL TEN BUFFS"!?!
Yeah, level 10 support is kind of laughable but ST obviously wanted Masterforce to be a "black mage" type character, not a support type. That's good for people who like to cause "flash and bang" explosions but bad for people who like playing support. ^^; If your friends want strong support they can play AT.

Dragwind
May 26, 2008, 09:45 PM
They're not meant to replace fortes, and they are not classes that everyone will like, nor be able to play correctly. Some players might perform better as one or the other also.

Shiro_Ryuu
May 26, 2008, 09:50 PM
I agree that Masters aren't meant to replace anything we already have. I like the Master types just as they are, this way, they're not broken and we have 12 viable classes instead of 3.

SupraMKIV
May 26, 2008, 09:52 PM
Why is this hard to understand?

Is this refering to me asking or everyone else who posts this question?

Zorafim
May 26, 2008, 09:54 PM
I'm still confused as to why hunter is inferior to every advanced hunter class in every way, yet the third tier has downsides compared to the classes required to unlock it.
Oh well. Five minute runs GO

Realmz
May 26, 2008, 10:11 PM
from what i can guess the lv 50 skills are just awesome

awesome to the max

Svaltus
May 26, 2008, 10:18 PM
I will take Masterclasses only after take minimum techers/skill 80% in level40!

RemiusTA
May 26, 2008, 11:10 PM
If i had a dollor for every one of these stupid topics

unicorn
May 26, 2008, 11:40 PM
Master classes will eventually make Forte and Hybrid classes obsolete. Right now they don't really cause an inbalance, but what about 6 months from now?

A couple months ago a lvl 10 Force would have more TP than both Guntecher and Wartecher.

Look how that turned out.

Both Wartecher and Guntecher received significant TP increases (WT during X-mas, and GT recently).

Its called updates. Yes thats a pretty foreign term for us US/EU players, but its pretty common on JP servers.

I can just wait for "Equipable by Master Classes only". >_>

AC9breaker
May 26, 2008, 11:44 PM
People sure do take the names of these classes too seriously. As most have stated its to provide choice and variety, the name is just a name doesn't have much significance. The doods that name these classes though just seem to lack imagination. Proof of this argument is the rehashed content in the game.

Shinko
May 26, 2008, 11:46 PM
Master classes:
+ Speed boost
+ Level 50 PAs
+ S-ranks in all weapons
- Higher PP consumption
- Limited weapon selection
- Lower stats

From what I've heard, the positives outweigh the negatives. Master classes might not be exactly what most people were expecting but I think it's good they don't make the current classes obsolete.

+ S-ranks in all weapons...... thats not a plus. shit they only can use 4 weapon (mf 3) shit they better be s with that low selection of weapons. they only 2 good things are Speed boost andLevel 50 PAs...

its really about what u like. if u don't mind PP consumption and is find with the weapons then go for it but if those things both you then stay forte. its that simple.

the lower stats really not going to make the big of a difference
and the lv 50 pa not going to either....especially since master stats are lower than forte
(well force may still want mf because the spell are big but that's different)

Iduno
May 27, 2008, 03:28 AM
Just 1 question, is the pp penalty really a penalty or just a removal of the bonus you have as a forte class?

Kanore
May 27, 2008, 05:50 AM
Just 1 question, is the pp penalty really a penalty or just a removal of the bonus you have as a forte class?

I think I saw a video where Masterforce is also FASTER than Forte at casting. (somewhere in this thread http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143084)So there's a little balancing in that regard too.

But aside from the basic knowledge we have about Masterforce, not many people here can actually answer specifics about the Master classes except the JP players, so I don't see the point of this thread but more speculation and more chances for 'Master classes don't exist, prove it' replies.

panzer_unit
May 27, 2008, 08:35 AM
This seemed odd to some of my buddies and after listening to them, they started to make sense about what they were asking. The question is: "Why is it the Masters have a photon consumption penalty and why is it their stats are comparably lower than their equal forte* class".
Their argument is a Master* is exactly what it means, Masters of their trade; Shouldn't a Master* have both less point consumption and better stats than their counterpart? Any useful info is appreciated.

The master-type jobs are balanced towards teamwork and speedruns... with higher skill levels and the attack speed boost they're the most offensive of the fighter/gunner/techer classes respectively, and their drawbacks on weapon selection, PP use, and defensive stats shouldn't be a major factor in a big teams.

Being limited to S-ranks means no mass-produced 9* armor or melee weapons for high element % ... it's meant to be a drawback I think. On the one hand it's nice they're not stuck with S-rank units only, on the other that's kind of a sellout.

With HP upgrades on FT, slicers for FF, and 30+ techs on all the hybrid casters, every advanced job (fortefighter, fortetecher, everybody) is made into a more well-rounded combatant. If you've got nothing but Masterfighters and Fortefighters, the FF can fill in as a gunner with slicers and handgun.

RedRaz0r
May 27, 2008, 08:41 AM
Personally to me, Im a fortetecher and i dont ever use buffs...in my opinion, thats what acro slaves are for. And i never have problems getting into parties. Now as a master techer, I wouldnt even have to think about buffs and i could remove them. i would still keep giresta/reverser since those are still usefull at level -10, but all my others would go bye-bye. My setup is already planned - 5 rods, 1 mag/wand combo (the rods having offensive techs, the mag having giresta/reverser, and the wand having prolly diga and nosdiga for quick attacks when needed)

Follisimo
May 27, 2008, 09:06 AM
Masters work as intended. The game isn't meant to just solo each and every run. Sometime down the road I would expect runs to get harder and actually require teams. If you can get an Acrotecher combined with a masterforce then you got the buffs and power there. I really wish you would also know that faster speed and less attack power are better than normal speed and a bit more attack power. Also for the higher PP cost, who really cares? If you do care then you are pathetic and should learn to use Photon Charges.

Kylie
May 27, 2008, 09:26 AM
And if you think about it, they are masters. They're the only class who'll have level 50 offense techs and they cast quickly.
This. More TP than fT, or the same, would have made it broken.

Andy1423
May 27, 2008, 09:58 AM
Plus, Masterclasses are meant for people with GOOD weapons. Thus the S rank requirement. If you have well grinded S-ranks you really shouldn't be worried about PP reduction, and if you are get yourself a Cati save. BAMB!

Although I wish that the MAsterclasses had just 1 more weapon type and or RACE bonuses.

stukasa
May 27, 2008, 10:40 AM
+ S-ranks in all weapons...... thats not a plus. shit they only can use 4 weapon (mf 3) shit they better be s with that low selection of weapons. they only 2 good things are Speed boost andLevel 50 PAs...
I also listed "limited weapon selection" as a negative. ^^; The limited selection is a drawback but it's also there for a reason: it promotes teamwork and it creates more focused classes. Right now people play classes very differently. Some techers play support and some play offense, for example. With Master classes you pretty much know what you're getting. Besides, does an offensive techer need more than three weapon types? If you're looking for versatility you should stick with a hybrid or forte. :yes:

xRedd206x
May 27, 2008, 11:02 AM
If i had a dollor for every one of these stupid topics you will have one dollar xD.... lol jk

xRedd206x
May 27, 2008, 11:06 AM
On the pp reduction, isnt the same pp useage as a fighgunner having lvl 50 arts? What I mean by this is, AD at 40 for both figunner and masterfighter is, lets say 30. Since master gets its art at 41 pp goes up. But then what will the pp useage look like when you switch back to a fighgunner to see the lvl 41 AD?

Dein
May 27, 2008, 11:55 AM
On the pp reduction, isnt the same pp useage as a fighgunner having lvl 50 arts? What I mean by this is, AD at 40 for both figunner and masterfighter is, lets say 30. Since master gets its art at 41 pp goes up. But then what will the pp useage look like when you switch back to a fighgunner to see the lvl 41 AD?

No. The PP usage for masterclasses is increased 30% over the normal amount they cost to other classes (50% more compared to Fortes) and with the exception of Jabroga none of the striking PAs go down in PP cost past lvl 40. Also none of the other classes except for AT and the Master types get lvl 50 PA caps.