PDA

View Full Version : Ian's dice: The revenge.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2008, 10:47 PM
I've been lazy lately.

Bad news guys, I've got another order coming in that just shipped today. :wacko: So there will be EVEN MOAR DICE soon. :D

http://www.iankunx.net/orientald6.jpg

I've been looking for some oriental-style d6s for a while. Finally found some. I didn't really want 100 of them, but they were cheap anyway, so who cares. These are 8mm. There's actually 101 of them, someone counted wrong loading the bag.

http://www.iankunx.net/chainmaild6.jpg

The ultimate in nerd dice, for the unlikely occasion that someone tries to attack your dice with a sword. These are approximately 2 inches on a side and weigh 8.8 ounces each. Oh yes, I love these.

http://www.iankunx.net/d50.jpg

A d50. Yes, you read that right. It's a 50-sided die. God knows what the hell you'd ever use it for, but isn't it *cool*? I could probably come up with a use if I thought hard enough, but eh. It's as wide as the chainmail d6s, and slightly shorter, so it's a pretty meaty die. It's a pain in the ass to try to roll, but I didn't get it for its usefulness. XD Man, I've been looking for one of these since I started up dice collecting again. Finally found one and pounced on it like mad.

http://www.iankunx.net/dungeond6s.jpg

I've been looking for these too 'cause they're cool, got them from the same seller as the d50 so since I was getting raped on shipping because UK eBayers all seem to overcharge for postage I figured I might as well add them in too. Standard d6s, but you can also use them to generate random dungeons.

http://www.iankunx.net/dragondice.jpg

And some dice that you couldn't use for D&D. I've been wanting an elongated tetrahedron d4 since I saw some on dicecollector.com, and I read on another site that one of TSR's Dragon Dice expansions had 4-sided dice in exactly that shape. So of course I had to get some, just for the shape, even if they weren't going to ever be useful. To my pleasure, the blue d4 is actually usable as a d4, as all of its sides are different. Two of the others are usable as d2s, amusingly. I still want to find some someday with numbers, but I'm still sated for now. XD;

That's it until the next batch comes. New counts!

d3: 1
d4: 24
d5: 1
d6: 153
d7: 2
d8: 12
d10: 52
d12: 17
d14: 1
d16: 2
d20: 25
d24: 2
d30: 1
d50: 1

Current total: 294.

Jesus.

Edit: Ohay images work better if I USE THE RIGHT URLS. : D

W0LB0T
May 27, 2008, 10:56 PM
Not enough dice i say.

Nai_Calus
May 27, 2008, 11:10 PM
I quite agree. I need more.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 03:01 AM
It only took me four hours to realise that one of the image URLs was wrong. :disapprove:

http://www.iankunx.net/dieorly.jpg

W0LB0T
May 28, 2008, 03:21 AM
them chain mail dice look quite deadly. you would need to avoid any dice related arguments while playing with those. all they need now is some spikes

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 03:37 AM
Don't give me ideas please, I might implement them. >D

If I had siblings, they would wake up with a pile of d4s next to the bed.

Tact
May 28, 2008, 05:09 AM
Now, Ian, about the chainmail d6's...are the holes in the chainmail the dice's pips? Does that one in front has a four showing?

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 06:01 AM
Nope, the copper rings are the pips. The one in the front has a three facing you.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 06:42 AM
Those chainmail ones are pure fuckwin, and I don't normally use dumbass phrases like that to describe something's level of awesome. The dungeon randomizer dice are pretty neat, and the colorful symboled ones are intresting. However, that first set of cheapo dice I kind of :disapprove: of. They look like the typical crap dice that feature the dominoe pips. I could get those from our walmart. ;/

and Tact, how could you not see the bronze rings were the pips :disapprove: It's chainmail, there are holes everywhere, that would never work as a pip in that case ;/

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 07:33 AM
Not quite from wal-mart, but yeah. XD Oriental-style ones have the 1 and 4 different colours from the rest(Which are usually blue rather than black), the 1 pip is large and the 2 has the pips vertically instead of diagonally. Ironically I have no standard western-style pipped d6s.

Haha, yes, the chainmail ones are indeed pure fuckwin. XD I was like... "Holy shit must have!" when I first saw them, hahaha.

Maybe Tact failed his Spot check.

I know I failed my Impress Opposite Sex check. :wacko:

Sord
May 28, 2008, 07:42 AM
I've been trying to think of a concievable way to "roll" that d50. So far all I can think of is spinning it on it's edge. Also, on the first dungeon randomizer die, there's an A, what's up with that?

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 07:47 AM
There's four different ones, A, B, C, and D. Presumably so that if you had them lose in bulk at a game store or something you could make sure you had a full set.

Yeah, rolling it would be interesting. You could just do it like a d10 and set it spinning tossing it into the air, but it's a heavy fucker so you'd be in for one hell of a thunk unless you rolled it on top of your rulebooks or something.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 07:53 AM
There's four different ones, A, B, C, and D. Presumably so that if you had them lose in bulk at a game store or something you could make sure you had a full set.

Yeah, rolling it would be interesting. You could just do it like a d10 and set it spinning tossing it into the air, but it's a heavy fucker so you'd be in for one hell of a thunk unless you rolled it on top of your rulebooks or something.

I wonder how heavy it feels, I know you can give a weight but that's not quite the same as holding it yourself. To heavy though and I'd be afraid of tossing it due to knicks and chips.

(You know what really sucks with knicks and chips though, MARBLES. I used to play marbles as a kid, and the cheap ones would chip. I once stepped on one of these chips, cut my foot open and blead like fuck.)

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 08:18 AM
I'd say about the same as 5 or six normal-sized RPG dice. It seems to be fairly solid. It's a gamescience die and those seem to be fairly well-made, so it might be OK for actual use. I've dropped it a bunch of times already trying to roll it and it's fine.

Yeowch, glass chips == not fun.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 08:23 AM
No kiddin, it was from one of the bigguns to. It was a slivered piece, so it pierced kinda deeply, and since it was from a marble, curved in there to.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
Owfuck. Not fun.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 09:34 AM
So bored, resorted to playing PSU again ;-;

You guys do any DnD last night or did going to bed at a normal time for once not rip me off?

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 10:33 AM
Nope, no D&D. I was bored off my fucking ass all night. :<

Elves sound even lamer now. Also tieflings are fucking lame. Eladrins seem cool, I want a half-eladrin though. :<

Hey there we go we'll all switch to 4e so almost all of us can't use our characters anymore.

We'll all make dragonborns to annoy shligger.

CHA I can see, but why the fuck do half-elves have +2 to *CON*? I mean, what the shit? <_>

New alignment system seems weird.

Why do I have a feeling that when they finally get around to putting Bard out that it's going to be incredibly lame. (Yeah yeah, they're already lame blahblahblah)

Sord
May 28, 2008, 10:40 AM
Nope, no D&D. I was bored off my fucking ass all night. :<

Elves sound even lamer now. Also tieflings are fucking lame. Eladrins seem cool, I want a half-eladrin though. :<

Hey there we go we'll all switch to 4e so almost all of us can't use our characters anymore.

We'll all make dragonborns to annoy shligger.

CHA I can see, but why the fuck do half-elves have +2 to *CON*? I mean, what the shit? <_>

New alignment system seems weird.

Why do I have a feeling that when they finally get around to putting Bard out that it's going to be incredibly lame. (Yeah yeah, they're already lame blahblahblah)

watch them fuck over every class except Bard, and overpower that :wacko:

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 10:55 AM
watch them fuck over every class except Bard, and overpower that :wacko:

That would actually be pretty funny, if Bard comes out next year or whenever the hell and it's now some fucking awesome godly class.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 11:00 AM
That would actually be pretty funny, if Bard comes out next year or whenever the hell and it's now some fucking awesome godly class.

sing yourself to raw power, music is the new Rage :wacko:

(cue Bard running around screaming death metal while slaughtering gobilns) :wacko:

oh yeah, can no longer properly sing, only scream and rap, all instruments become percusian based :wacko:

(awaits a drawn out "no")

Rust
May 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
And bardic knowledge is now replaced with some pogo or headbang move ?

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 11:39 AM
lawllll.

I THINK NOT. D<

*cuddles poor unloved Bard*

Sord
May 28, 2008, 12:00 PM
lawllll.

I THINK NOT. D<

*cuddles poor unloved Bard*

that's right, you cuddle your character sheet you pathetic nerd D<

/nerd insulting bigger nerd

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 12:28 PM
I was actually cuddling the class in general, but cuddling my character sheet works too if only for the ridiculous mental image.

Sord
May 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
I was actually cuddling the class in general, but cuddling my character sheet works too if only for the ridiculous mental image.

You can't hug a concept, and I can't see you ripping the Bard pages out of your PHB, so I settled for character sheet.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 12:38 PM
Just watch me do the first one. :wacko:

Sord
May 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
*glares intently, watching for it to happen*

TalHex
May 28, 2008, 02:51 PM
goddamn dude! now all you need is a pair of dice that act as an mp3 player and your set

Tact
May 28, 2008, 02:57 PM
What's the new alignment system? I haven't seen a lot about Fourth Edition.

Nai_Calus
May 28, 2008, 04:15 PM
Basically they threw out the old system almost entirely.

"If you choose an alignment, you’re indicating your
character’s dedication to a set of moral principles:
good, lawful good, evil, or chaotic evil. In a cosmic
sense, it’s the team you believe in and fight for most
strongly.

ALIGNMENT
A character’s alignment (or lack thereof) describes his
or her moral stance:

✦ Good: Freedom and kindness.
✦ Lawful Good: Civilization and order.
✦ Evil: Tyranny and hatred.
✦ Chaotic Evil: Entropy and destruction.
✦ Unaligned: Having no alignment; not taking a stand.

Alignments are tied to universal forces bigger than
deities or any other allegiance you might have. If you’re
a high-level cleric with a lawful good alignment, you’re
on the same team as Bahamut, regardless of whether
you worship that deity. Bahamut is not in any sense
the captain of your team, just a particularly important
player (who has a large number of supporters).
Most people in the world, and plenty of player characters,
haven’t signed up to play on any team—they’re
unaligned. Picking and adhering to an alignment represents
a distinct choice."

Goddamn it, if I ever play 4e I'm DMing and houseruling that you can't be a fucking dragonborn or tiefling. D<

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 01:14 PM
Oh yeah, I've figured out how to roll the d50 without massive thunkage, it just takes a while for it to stop. Stand it on the edge and spin it like a top.

Rust
May 29, 2008, 02:47 PM
Basically they threw out the old system almost entirely.

"If you choose an alignment, you’re indicating your
character’s dedication to a set of moral principles:
good, lawful good, evil, or chaotic evil. In a cosmic
sense, it’s the team you believe in and fight for most
strongly.

ALIGNMENT
A character’s alignment (or lack thereof) describes his
or her moral stance:

✦ Good: Freedom and kindness.
✦ Lawful Good: Civilization and order.
✦ Evil: Tyranny and hatred.
✦ Chaotic Evil: Entropy and destruction.
✦ Unaligned: Having no alignment; not taking a stand.

Alignments are tied to universal forces bigger than
deities or any other allegiance you might have. If you’re
a high-level cleric with a lawful good alignment, you’re
on the same team as Bahamut, regardless of whether
you worship that deity. Bahamut is not in any sense
the captain of your team, just a particularly important
player (who has a large number of supporters).
Most people in the world, and plenty of player characters,
haven’t signed up to play on any team—they’re
unaligned. Picking and adhering to an alignment represents
a distinct choice."

Goddamn it, if I ever play 4e I'm DMing and houseruling that you can't be a fucking dragonborn or tiefling. D<

Where is my chaotic neutral ?

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 02:52 PM
Right there, next to your lack of a life.

:wacko:

Sord
May 29, 2008, 06:05 PM
Oh yeah, I've figured out how to roll the d50 without massive thunkage, it just takes a while for it to stop. Stand it on the edge and spin it like a top.

wouldn't it be more likely to fall on the lower half though, thus killing fairness? (which is why I suggested spinning it on it's side, the, er, circumfrence, not sure what the term would be.) And I predict a lot of Unaligned players.

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 07:39 PM
Unaligned seems to be the new neutral, I guess. Just like 'Good' seems to have absorbed both Neutral and Chaotic Good.

I'm not really sure what they're trying to do with the change, it seems they're trying to get it away from having to do with personality but... It doesn't really seem to work.

(While we're at it, the deity changes are weird too. D< Just make up new ones entirely if you're going to shuffle it around so much. :wacko: )

And by 'edge' I mean exactly what you're saying, Sord. The edge the numbers run along, not the points.

TalHex
May 29, 2008, 09:01 PM
kender: a force to be reckoned with

Rust
May 29, 2008, 09:40 PM
Right there, next to your lack of a life.

:wacko:

Last time i checked, i wasn't a lich yet. :wacko:

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 11:59 PM
Well what's keeping you? :wacko:

Zarode
May 30, 2008, 12:48 AM
http://www.iankunx.net/dragondice.jpg

And this is the rare dice used for the game Jumanji. :wacko:

Roll to see how many Bear Claws you take to the face! :wacko: :wacko: :wacko:

Sord
May 30, 2008, 05:23 AM
Jumanji gave me nightmares as a kid. House full of bloody vine plants trying to kill me and feed me to these huge bulbous flowers dripping with blood and pus, and lions jumping out at me from every fucking door. My little sister had it even worse.

Rust
May 30, 2008, 08:15 AM
I'd so would love to find a real Jumanji sometimes, it would be great fun.
I don't mind if everything's destroyed during the game, as long as we finish it (that's the point), everything goes back to normal. I would more give a crap to those huge mosquitoes than the carnivorous plants, though.