PDA

View Full Version : PC/PS2 Male Clothes

Koji1m1
May 28, 2008, 06:46 AM
A friend of mine told be yesterday tht he though pretty much all the male clothes are horrible.XD i disagreed with him of course but what do yall think think of the male clothes

Amalga
May 28, 2008, 07:10 AM
I wouldn't know, seeing as every non-CAST male character on the 360 servers has contented himself with wearing either the coats (in black) or the HUmar outfit. Note that this is always accompanied with longish black hair and narrow eyes, with some pretentious name like "God of Death" or "Black Angel" or "Dante" or whatever.

Jakosifer
May 28, 2008, 07:19 AM
For the most part, they suck yea. >_>

Gib Howsers outfit kthx.

Sir_Satyr
May 28, 2008, 07:32 AM
Personally, I wouldn't mind being able to outfit my character(s) in a motorcycle jacket and some jeans with some big heavy boots; which is consequently how I dress IRL outside of work........ but yeah, it is kind of hard to find male clothes that doesn't seem to be too outlandish or too femenine. I mean pretty much the only thing my characters ever wear is the Roars Vests, and Army Pants, aside from like Formal Wear an stuff.

Rust
May 28, 2008, 08:59 AM
I have to say i also find most of them pretty terrible. They already looked quite bad before the expansion, but now every new set they add look pretty gay. How are you supposed to take your Fortefighter, Fighgunner or whatever seriously when he's ramming around in Jester, Caveman, Chippendale or fluffy trenchcoat outfit ? Even lolies with swords are looking more manly than a male character wearing those outfits ; the clothes my human is currently wearing aren't even those i prefer, but those i find the less terrible for the look i wanted him to have.

Larian
May 28, 2008, 09:44 AM
Ahhhh...just throw a Rappy Suit on! Chicks dig Rappies...I mean its glomp city all the way! =P

Rust
May 28, 2008, 09:52 AM
Ahhhh...just throw a Rappy Suit on! Chicks dig Rappies...I mean its glomp city all the way! =P

Yeah, lolies like my PedoBird. But it's a CAST.

Omega_Weltall
May 28, 2008, 10:11 AM
ya 80% of all the male clothes are terrible.

Yoshimatsue
May 28, 2008, 10:23 AM
yah some of the male clothes are bad i must agree my newmans basically wears some dark blue braves custom and some dark blue pants or his summer yakuta but even that looks feminine clothes sould be customizeable in such ways in choosing undersirts etc. that way everyone can have theyre own unique fashion

Gen2000
May 28, 2008, 10:34 AM
Either a majority of the original outfit combos suck, or you can't mix-match together certain parts of outfits together to get a cool look even though there is no overlapping problem or anything from the combo or if you do managed to find a decent mix-match combo 9 times out of 10 the colors are slighty off so you don't match.

By some chance you get over these hurdles and make an awesome look...someone else did the same thing and looks exactly like you. GG.

ThaiSoup
May 28, 2008, 11:38 AM
Yeah, male clothes are like...not cool atm haha. Got like a whole 3 outfits I switch around to. And then a certain someone is always like"You never change clothes!"

guise709
May 28, 2008, 11:49 AM
Meh never really botherd me mainly because both males and females have terrible clothes. The males dress up in metrosexual getups while the females dress up like whores and skanks from the future. Seriously your out in the field fighting monsters out to protect the future of Gurhal and stop the seed while wearing a dress? Maybe techers but fighters? Comon what happens if you get a wardrobe malfunction out their?

Kylie
May 28, 2008, 11:55 AM
I like a lot of the male clothes that guys on PSU say they hate, but I guess that's more so in the sense that I'd like to borrow some of what I put on my male character for my main. :wacko: Personally, I think it goes female fleshie > male fleshie > female CAST > male CAST as far as clothing options go. But keep in mind that I've never had a male CAST before.

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2008, 12:07 PM
One word: mankini

http://www.beatrixkiddopsu.com/images/aoi/aoi0946.jpg

pikachief
May 28, 2008, 12:10 PM
Male clothes are terrible.

I wanted a male beast named Rocky Balboa, or Cookie Monster, but no they look so bad i had to go make some cheap female beast with the generic name "Kitty" :(

we need better male clothes sega plz! D:

Elley
May 28, 2008, 12:16 PM
Pft, who cares about stupid males anyway?

kazuma56
May 28, 2008, 12:29 PM
Still believe that i've found the only possible "cool" or "right" way to mix and match the RAmar costume with something that doesn't look to "outlandish"
http://i15.photobucket.com/albums/a393/kazuma56/sig.jpg

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 12:34 PM
Pft, who cares about stupid males anyway?

People who aren't sexist clowns.

And yeah, I actually feel a lot of the clothes on both genders could use some love. Males need more cool looking (read: Cubic Mode) tops and pants, and females need more pants and less stupid shorts.

Seority
May 28, 2008, 12:35 PM
-woot for mankinis-
Who needs voloyal sets? ;)

I agree guys don't have many options to have cool clothing, but something that can change is hair style. Most guys have long black/white hair, or short and red. Males do have cool hairstyles, I just wish the players could at least have a little more creativity then 1,000,000 remakes of Sephiroth.

Seority
May 28, 2008, 12:36 PM

And yeah, I actually feel a lot of the clothes on both genders could use some love. Males need more cool looking (read: Cubic Mode) tops and pants, and females need more pants and less stupid shorts.

:D YAY.
-hugz-

Koji1m1
May 28, 2008, 12:37 PM
hmmmm lol one of the poster sound like a sexist.(i dunno) but i moslty just wear the storia outfits the some of the Noob shirts and pants braves outfits (mostly the coats and pants combinations) vigor coats the amf pants but yeah the Aoi outfits are terrible while the female clothes still look hookerish and sluty.XD

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 12:41 PM
I agree guys don't have many options to have cool clothing, but something that can change is hair style. Most guys have long black/white hair, or short and red. Males do have cool hairstyles, I just wish the players could at least have a little more creativity then 1,000,000 remakes of Sephiroth.

I wish there were a few more hair options, also. They did good with new hair updates, but for those of us who want the kinda anime spiky haired look, the only real option is the old Hair Option 02. The Ethan-esque Hair Option 05 would be cool, but it doesn't have enough hair IMO and kinda makes you look like you're beginning to go bald. ^^;

If they added say, the old spiky FOmar hair from BB, that would be cool.

Elley
May 28, 2008, 12:42 PM

I forgot how literal this board is. I thought I was obviously joking. ^^:

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 12:42 PM
I forgot how literal this board is. I thought I was obviously joking. ^^:

Oh, my bad then. ^^

Yuicihi
May 28, 2008, 01:17 PM
I wouldn't know, seeing as every non-CAST male character on the 360 servers has contented himself with wearing either the coats (in black) or the HUmar outfit. Note that this is always accompanied with longish black hair and narrow eyes, with some pretentious name like "God of Death" or "Black Angel" or "Dante" or whatever.The funny thing is, I've seen all three of those today around the WB lobby.

Meh. Don't really like any of the male clothing, or really the male designs in general.

Xaeris
May 28, 2008, 01:57 PM
One problem with male clothing doesn't have anything to do with the clothes themselves; it's that the way a lot of us made our characters, the legs are spindly from trying not to have too wide of an upper body. Then, combine that with the fact that nearly any pair of pants that isn't baggy hugs the waist, making you look like twig from the chest down...eh.

Well, I've managed to find a look I like; it's not that common either seeing as it doesn't involve a Braves Coat. Remember boys and girls, for men, it's all in the shoes.

http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/psu20080518_201118_003.jpg
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a222/XLauncher/psu20080518_201101_002.jpg

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 02:02 PM
I like the HUmar top, it's not overly elaborate, doesn't show stomach like the Braves Jacket does for some reason, and you can wear any line shield with it without throwing off your color scheme because it barely shows.

I just wish it came in white and blue (like the white/yellow only with blue instead of yellow). as it did in PSOBB.

Ken_Silver
May 28, 2008, 02:29 PM
Wow, someone has to play the Devil's advocate here and I'm going to be the guy to do it, so brace yourselves.

No it's okay. Really. Go on and grab onto your CPU and brace yourself.

1) We shouldn't be able to wear Traditional Clothing for the most part. Why? Because people of today don't wear clothes from the 1200's or 1800's. So why put in clothes from our time/world/dimension into theirs? Keeping with the theme helps here.

2) So the female clothes are Skimpy and the Male clothes are Metrosexual, but that's what attracts people... or at least the people who play the game? I mean in comparasion of things to be creeped out of, you got little girls who are in bathing suits in your room, not to mention little boys and a whole lot more. So in that sense, the clothes aren't as bad. And while a few less provocative clothes would not hurt anyone, remember: sex sells and since they are doing it for the men who play, why not do it for the women? Just saying...

3) The clothing now can be seen as an improvement over some of the clothes from PSO. I mean, I'm glad that I could be a full fledged force and not look like a clown or a priest. I mean look at the pants that Montague had to wear? Did he get them from a Ronald McDonald yard sale? Just putting that out there. :P

4) Let us forget that PSU was created in Japan, where they are a lot more open minded and less worried about how "gay" they look. I mean there are less Metrosexual clothes and stuff, it's all about what you decide to wear. I mean not everyone has to wear the braves coat and stuff. But that's what people want to wear. My character looks fine to me and so does the cowboy dude that pic was posted here. I mean he looks great in my opinion.

5) Last but not least, we got most of the PSO outfits back now. So if you really don't like the clothes of PSU, then go Retro and stick with PSO. I mean those outfits don't have the problems that the new ones have.

If you couldn't figure it out by now, I like the clothes of PSU and partly the ones of PSO, so I think that we are fine. Plus there were more normal clothes offline, so we'll be getting those clothes soon and they are normal (looks to the AMF clothing.) Not saying that I don't want more options, just putting things in perspective and trying to be a bit positive.

r00tabaga
May 28, 2008, 03:21 PM
I just hate how beards and mustaches look like Halloween paint-ons. I wanted a Zangief looking character and hated how the facial hair had no depth at all....just like I used a black marker on my face. It would be nice if they added more female/guy armorish type outfits though. Something along the lines of what casts use I guess........

Jennababy
May 28, 2008, 03:25 PM
guys have cool clothes! like the boots with the furrrrr :) and the ones that dress up like cowboys always get my attention!

Koji1m1
May 28, 2008, 03:25 PM
i have to agree with ken_silver on this one i think my character looks fine the way he is same goes for ym alts even though i barely use them anymore.

Sol_B4dguy
May 28, 2008, 03:28 PM
Sadly, I only have a couple looks I like on my main (M Beast). The rest is worth an experiment, but I usually go back to one of my old looks.

BTW, Nobles > Braves coats. Just putting that out there.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 03:44 PM
Cast Parts = teh suck

The fleshies have far more choices than the casts do, with the female casts looking like prosti-bots or looking so clunky that you really need to examine HOW they can move in it.

Male casts have it easier but not much better. It's pretty hard trying to make a big chunky Cast and hving your only real options for legs being the RAcast legs or the toaster butt.

I agree that everyone needs new clothing options, but give the casts some love too.

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2008, 03:48 PM
Cast Parts = teh suck

The fleshies have far more choices than the casts do, with the female casts looking like prosti-bots or looking so clunky that you really need to examine HOW they can move in it.

Male casts have it easier but not much better. It's pretty hard trying to make a big chunky Cast and hving your only real options for legs being the RAcast legs or the toaster butt.

I agree that everyone needs new clothing options, but give the casts some love too.

Are you kidding me? All male parts are big and chunky except Hounds, Revsys, and HUcas parts.

Irongrimm
May 28, 2008, 03:55 PM
I agree with a lot of you that the outfits are out there as far as the new AotI stuff, but I like some of the other older clothes, Segyaya comes to mind.

I like the outfit (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v612/Irongrimm/Grimm-1.jpg) that my character is wearing now, but I've gathered everything for the SPF Set when we finally get The Clothier, even though I know a ton of others are probably going for it as well. Dibs on the White/Yellow/Purple color. 8-)

autumn
May 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
I suppose I'm the strange one. I like a good portion of the men's clothing. I figure it comes from the fact that I'm female IRL, love bishounens, and my only male charcter is in the FOmar set (the elusive man-dress) I don't like the hair or facial options for men though. Or the body proportions, it was mentioned that clothing looks weird on men due to their builds.

I also agree please for the love of god give some love to the female CASTs. The parts are either sexbot city or I look huge and not personlike. I love my CAST PT and I wish there was something that looked better then the Neudaiz summerwear or the Voloyal outfit. (By no means am I bashing the roboho clothes, I like some of them, I just wish there were additional options)

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 03:57 PM
They might be big and chunky enough for you

Nah, you have a point but I dunno, I'm just not too big of a fan of most of it. I cheered when the RAcast parts came out because they're winning in sheer girth over the other parts, but I just wanted to voice the same gripe for casts that we want new parts too.

Astarin
May 28, 2008, 04:10 PM
I'm fine with the male clothing out there... my only complaint is that it's a bit harder to match pieces from different sets because of colouring. Whereas most of the female clothing is available in very complimentary colours, most of the guys' stuff comes in odd, unique, close-but-not-quite-exact shades that can match it hard to match things that don't belong to the same set. Anyone else have that problem?

Besides, I like the metro look. He's a tall elf man. What else would you have Astarin wear?

Oh, and yeah, our facial hair selection is sucky. It's ridiculous that only "old" looking faces have facial hair options. Curse you, Japanese Design Team! Over here, young men wear beards too! >_>

Yoshimatsue
May 29, 2008, 10:08 AM
my newman actually looks more like a mechanic [cubic and braves] and in my opinion has cool clothes for whats out there

Csero
May 29, 2008, 10:49 AM
Are you kidding me? All male parts are big and chunky except Hounds, Revsys, and HUcas parts.

Seconded. When I made my CAST I wanted him to have sleek angular armor and all I got was nothing but big chunky boxes. The few options that aren't chunky seem to skimp on the armor aspect a whole lot, or just look ridiculous. I mean chunky is fine for the people who make the 10 ft. tall monster CAST, but what about my janky little sh*t talker of average height? We all need more options.

soolayah
May 29, 2008, 11:07 AM
I don't have any problems with the male clothes. My only male fleshie is meant to look pretty gay though. :wacko:

Omega_Weltall
May 29, 2008, 11:13 AM
thats why i stick with 4 outfits. any new male clothes that come out I say to myself " eh it looks ok, but not on my character"

-Ryuki-
May 29, 2008, 11:17 AM
In my opinion, anything in Parum is good, whereas.. I dislike Neudaiz and Moatoob (except for the NecNec outfit) clothing.

Omega_Weltall
May 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
ya all my clothes are from Parum except for ONE pair of pants from Neudaiz, i forget what they're called, and i own NOTHING from Moatoob, not even for my female alt.

Noblewine
May 29, 2008, 05:22 PM
I don't like the male clothes that much. You can't really find a theme for your character.

Iduno
May 29, 2008, 05:35 PM
I like quite a few of the male clothes, but is it just me or do male beasts just look like almost everything fits them badly?

Seriously I only like 3 sets of clothing for my beast and 1 of them is a rappy suit

Yoshimatsue
May 29, 2008, 06:09 PM
some of the neudaiz clothes are good to me those summer robes are badass..... cant really vouch for moatoob since i dont buy too much stuff from moatoob but in my opinion parum has the best outfits because they are less..out there

Sol_B4dguy
May 29, 2008, 07:17 PM
Casts in general seem to get shafted often. AFAIK, we have all the current parts available now. Fleshies get a few new ones to look forward to (SPF, Illuminus Jacket) but the cast selection now is most likely all we're getting.

Ken_Silver
May 29, 2008, 07:26 PM
It's official.

The community has spoken! The community wants new options and they want them now.

Time for the secret weapon: the Angry Letter!!!

Oh wait. It's not very effective against Sonic Team. :nono:

ashley50
May 29, 2008, 07:45 PM
95% of Male Clothes are Terrible...