PDA

View Full Version : AotI Soo. This whole PA adjustment....

Wheatpenny
May 28, 2008, 09:07 AM
So I hear they are going to adj PA,Bullets and Techs to level faster.. I have also heard its just gnoa be Bullets and Techs. Anyone got anymore info on this?

Yusaku_Kudou
May 28, 2008, 09:08 AM
Either next week, or the week after that, or after that. Who knows by now. It's already like two months due from the originally planned date. I'd like to level rifle bullets faster myself, but I'm not going to spend time worrying about it really.

EspioKaos
May 28, 2008, 09:12 AM
So I hear they are going to adj PA,Bullets and Techs to level faster.. I have also heard its just gnoa be Bullets and Techs. Anyone got anymore info on this?
All photon arts will be receiving an adjustment to increase EXP payout, however bullets in particular will be receiving larger payout adjustments.

WolfBlade
May 28, 2008, 09:32 AM
>.> 46ish account # with all cap pa's soon ohh well....

Atomic646
May 28, 2008, 11:19 AM
I Remember reading it some where that Bullets level 3x as fast, Skills 2x as fast, and Technics 2x as fast.

Kylie
May 28, 2008, 11:22 AM
I Remember reading it some where that Bullets level 3x as fast, Skills 2x as fast, and Technics 2x as fast.
I've read that several times as well.

BigshowPat
May 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
I didn't think that skills were going to receive an update but I would love it if they did. And can't wait for bullets to finally level up faster...stupid things take ages to level.

amtalx
May 28, 2008, 11:24 AM
Skills 2x as fast

...because this sh*t needs to happen...

Darius_Drake
May 28, 2008, 11:28 AM
I don't know, but it seemed as if the skills leveled up fast as it is. I understand the techs and bullets though.

Gunslinger-08
May 28, 2008, 11:31 AM
I don't know, but it seemed as if the skills leveled up fast as it is. I understand the techs and bullets though.

I'm hoping that only applies to some certain skills, like Anga Dugrega, that level like certain techs and bullets. Same goes for Mobou.

chaostroop3
May 28, 2008, 11:44 AM
i thoght they all got 2.5x boost

Elley
May 28, 2008, 12:24 PM
Thank goodness. Leveling techs is such a pain in the arse.

Noblewine
May 28, 2008, 12:33 PM
I can't wait for this though at the meantime I'll just do it he hard way.

Elley
May 28, 2008, 12:43 PM
I can't wait for this though at the meantime I'll just do it he hard way.

Fighters don't do anything "the hard way" :p

MSAksion
May 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
FF and Figunner friends - they buy a new ULTIMATE ART PA like Dus majarra or that Ninja Twin Knife thing or their Fishy Swimmy claws and get it to 21+ in a WEEKEND.

I'm still working on MEGID 21 okay. Parties kill so fast theres no chance to really get PA Exp and i am looking VERY much for this alleged pa exp boost promised but never delivered. Im not going to solo sleep warriors S2 for 8 hours a day just to be "cool". Thats a waste of time not helping friends.

I know lots of Techers and Rangers still working on their first lvl 31+ anything. Sega needs to throw us support jobs a bone. And fighters level their pa so quick naturally anyway i dont see why they need an exp Boost.

pikachief
May 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
i know people (including me) who got Dus Majjara lvl 30 in a day lol

actually i've known people to get spells lvl 1-31 in a day lol

im leveling as many spells as i can to 21-30 before the update so when it does come its like 31! 31! 31!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL HAHA WOOT

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 06:49 PM
With the exception of bullets I think PA leveling isn't as bad as it could be. My main is a fG/FF and her skills level like they're on crack, but my techers don't level that much slower. Got nosdiga from 1-28 in a day, but I do agree that Megid is a B*tch and a half to level.

autumn
May 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
I think PAs need a rebalancing but I don't neccessarly think it needs to make everything level faster. The last thing this game needs is for anything to get easier, c'mon now. All of the really good fighters / mages / gunners I know just sucked up the slow leveling and a number of them have PAs up over 31. My main is a FT and I have serveral technics at 40. I'm currently working megid to 31, and while it is slow I'm sticking it out.

furrypaws
May 28, 2008, 07:39 PM
What I'm most excited for are buffs. It's ridiculous that to actually have decent buffs, I have to go to buff parties. I should get enough experience buffing my party when they need it that I can get by without having to spend hours and hundreds of thousands of meseta grinding them from 11 to 21. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I tried to get 21 to 31 (let alone 41 when we get the next update).

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 07:50 PM
Well I party with autumn a whole lot and I know that she used to spam buffs through entire runs just to level them. It's more interesting that buff partying for hours but not very useful LoL. I just buff partied my AT's buffs to 21 and am content to wait until the rebalance to buff party to 31.

AnimeSister
May 28, 2008, 08:00 PM
i know people (including me) who got Dus Majjara lvl 30 in a day lol

actually i've known people to get spells lvl 1-31 in a day lol

im leveling as many spells as i can to 21-30 before the update so when it does come its like 31! 31! 31!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL HAHA WOOT

Well, its a tough journey so you have to keep at it; took me 450 hrs to get all my technics to lv31 hehe^^ So good luck and wish the very best, now just need PA rebalancing to get to lv40...then lv50...lol

Magus_84
May 28, 2008, 08:06 PM
I'm a Guntecher main. Twin Freeze is the first gun PA I picked up, and is my fallback for any situation where I might stand a chance of dying. In other words, I use it a lot.

I've been playing since November of last year. It's 39, 80%. That's after powerleveling it through the teens, and from about 30-35. It hit 35 around February. It's been 39 for over a month. And said month included MAG.

The PA update can't come soon enough. I don't even want to touch rifles yet.

Metsume
May 28, 2008, 08:22 PM
Hooray for people with Absolute Dance! Leveling Noszonde will be a lot easier, too! And Ikk Hikk for my beast!

All three of them are pretty slow. Mainly because of their attack speed. :D...

Some Gunners will be happy with Killer Shot, too. X3

lol... But I'm sure a lot of other skills now are going to level so quickly.

Sekani
May 28, 2008, 08:27 PM
Support techs need to get a 22X boost.

True story.

Bitzen
May 28, 2008, 08:30 PM
Maybe now I'll actually start working on my Fortegunner and get her past 20.

Sasamichan
May 28, 2008, 08:37 PM

True story.

Thats not gonna do any better, n00bs will still have underleveled support techs.

Sekani
May 28, 2008, 08:43 PM
Thats not gonna do any better, n00bs will still have underleveled support techs.

Standing around a PP recharge cube with a turbo controller for God-knows how many hours doesn't exactly strike me as non-n00bish, but whatever.

Sasamichan
May 28, 2008, 08:49 PM
Standing around a PP recharge cube with a turbo controller for God-knows how many hours doesn't exactly strike me as non-n00bish, but whatever.

I meant, people would still refuse to take the time to level them.

Sekani
May 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
Your optimism amazes me.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 09:04 PM

True story.

Pics or it didn't happen :-P

_K1_
May 28, 2008, 09:09 PM
What I'm most excited for are buffs. It's ridiculous that to actually have decent buffs, I have to go to buff parties. I should get enough experience buffing my party when they need it that I can get by without having to spend hours and hundreds of thousands of meseta grinding them from 11 to 21. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I tried to get 21 to 31 (let alone 41 when we get the next update).Spending twelve hours leveling your buffs
just to get them to the point where people wouldn't boot you from a party is the most cherished tradition amongst techers in this game. It's what sets us apart from all the other classes, who never get to experience the joy of sitting in a party with a bunch of strangers for hours on end, hitting the same button over and over.

All to benefit other people who would, in all likelyhood, never do the same for you.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't lament the end of buff parties, but I do have some fond memories of some of them.

bLOODSAW
May 28, 2008, 11:45 PM
What I'm most excited for are buffs. It's ridiculous that to actually have decent buffs, I have to go to buff parties. I should get enough experience buffing my party when they need it that I can get by without having to spend hours and hundreds of thousands of meseta grinding them from 11 to 21. I can't even imagine what it would be like if I tried to get 21 to 31 (let alone 41 when we get the next update).

Use 1* madoogs. You'll save a hell of a lot of money.

RemiusTA
May 29, 2008, 12:00 AM
You know, i see exactly why they are doing this.

Its because no game should make it a chore to level the skills/bullets/technics that you use on a regular basis.

Espically when it comes to technics. It feels good to have a technic that you've worked on finally hit that 21/31 level, but when you play on different stages and realize that you wont be able to use that spell/bullet on everything, it really takes the fun out of it.

Buffs should not require a buff party to level. They just shouldn't. This isnt a Korean F2P MMO, where everything takes forever to do so you can buy crap from the Cash Shop to speed it along. The buffs should level accordingly as you normally use them, so if your a Fortetecher and you frequently buff the party in missions, by the time you hit level 50/60 ALL of your buffs should rightfully be at like level 21-26.

The level of your characters abilities should not be gauged by how long you waste your life re-running missions, trying to find super large spawns to spam the PA on. That SEVERELY kills the game experience. I dont know about you guys, but for me it definately does.

That, and bullets/Technics are just retarded. To be efficient at teching you need all of your elemental technics to be at a good level to do the maximum amount of damage, yet the only way they are going to level accordingly is if you spam them. My fortetecher is at level 75, and i can assure you that if i DIDN'T spam the spells i did spam to get over 21 and the one spell i got over 31, they wouldnt get there until i was like level 85 or 90. The lv. 31 spell wouldnt be there until like level 102. Same goes with bullets.

And some skills are just stupid when it comes to leveling. Absolute dance? Jarboga? give be a break dude, they have like retarded cooldowns and gain like 0.2 % per use. They are NEVER going to hit 40 unless you've been spamming the shit since level 1.

The only time buff parties are fun is if your stuck in a hospital. Other than that, gib PA rebalance plz.

If ST delays this rebalance, im not playing until they do. This is retarded.

Niloklives
May 29, 2008, 12:52 AM
i dunno...most of my stuff is just about where I want it, but I admit I have been spamming areas a lot to do it...I still have two shotgun bullets to work on and some polisging to do on my GT/AT...but thats more cause I stripped her of most of her bullets when i made my FG and I hate transferring disks every time I want to switch characters. so I have multiple sets of a lot of bullets. 3 sets of dualies...3 sets of xbows...that sort of thing. its a lot of extra work, I know...but it makes things easier on me when I actually wanna just play.

So this update just means less down time trying to get myself back to "on par" which is ok by me. i still have a lot of PAs to work on now that I made a dedicated FT. @_@.

I say: BRING IT OOOOON!!

DoubleJG
May 29, 2008, 01:15 AM

Machineguns leveling 3x faster? :o

Elley
May 29, 2008, 01:43 AM
You know, i see exactly why they are doing this.

Its because no game should make it a chore to level the skills/bullets/technics that you use on a regular basis.

Espically when it comes to technics. It feels good to have a technic that you've worked on finally hit that 21/31 level, but when you play on different stages and realize that you wont be able to use that spell/bullet on everything, it really takes the fun out of it.

Buffs should not require a buff party to level. They just shouldn't. This isnt a Korean F2P MMO, where everything takes forever to do so you can buy crap from the Cash Shop to speed it along. The buffs should level accordingly as you normally use them, so if your a Fortetecher and you frequently buff the party in missions, by the time you hit level 50/60 ALL of your buffs should rightfully be at like level 21-26.

The level of your characters abilities should not be gauged by how long you waste your life re-running missions, trying to find super large spawns to spam the PA on. That SEVERELY kills the game experience. I dont know about you guys, but for me it definately does.

That, and bullets/Technics are just retarded. To be efficient at teching you need all of your elemental technics to be at a good level to do the maximum amount of damage, yet the only way they are going to level accordingly is if you spam them. My fortetecher is at level 75, and i can assure you that if i DIDN'T spam the spells i did spam to get over 21 and the one spell i got over 31, they wouldnt get there until i was like level 85 or 90. The lv. 31 spell wouldnt be there until like level 102. Same goes with bullets.

And some skills are just stupid when it comes to leveling. Absolute dance? Jarboga? give be a break dude, they have like retarded cooldowns and gain like 0.2 % per use. They are NEVER going to hit 40 unless you've been spamming the shit since level 1.

The only time buff parties are fun is if your stuck in a hospital. Other than that, gib PA rebalance plz.

If ST delays this rebalance, im not playing until they do. This is retarded.

Couldn't have said it better. Bravo sir! I've only done a buff party once, and I'll never do it again! Thank heaven the class I am shooting for only has level 10 support ^^

desturel
May 29, 2008, 11:49 AM
Leveling Noszonde will be a lot easier, too!

Noszonde leveled fast for me. Got it from 1 to 31 hunting Love Inferno in Awoken Serpent. I can't complain about how fast any of the nos spells level. Nosdiga leveled from 1-31 in the time it took me to get three levels on megid.

xkarmax
May 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
any1 remeber where u read that they are being rebalenced
^^;^^;^^;^^;^^;

Cranberry
May 29, 2008, 12:32 PM
I've been treating leveling techniques a lot like I did magic in Secret of Mana where you also have to cast spells over and over again to level them up. Just as I did in Secret of Mana, I have a tendancy to focus on one thing at a time, leveling it all the way to the cap before moving onto the next.

I've started with Foie, because I simply love to use fire. They don't call me the Fire Mage for nothing. My Foie is around level 26 or so now, while the other attack techniques are probably level 3 or so. My online time for PSU is limited and I'd really like to max Foie before my license runs out and I become offline only for a a potentially extended time.

panzer_unit
May 29, 2008, 12:50 PM
You know what's really hell to level? Handguns! For a weapon that almost nobody has any reason to use and isn't actually good for anything until lv21 they really made a grind of it.

Skyly
May 29, 2008, 12:58 PM
Buff Parties.. LOL.. Spammed Mine To 21 Wow.. But It was worth it.

Libram
May 29, 2008, 01:17 PM
I'm proud to say that I was one of the few techers out there who worked to get Barta and Zonde to 21 back in the day. Because of that, however, all the "useful" TECHs are a bit underleveled. I'm still working on getting all my Gi spells to 21.

Metsume
May 29, 2008, 02:36 PM
Noszonde leveled fast for me. Got it from 1 to 31 hunting Love Inferno in Awoken Serpent. I can't complain about how fast any of the nos spells level. Nosdiga leveled from 1-31 in the time it took me to get three levels on megid.

lol Leveling Noszonde was hard for me. It was really hard for me to control it when the electric ball was so tiny at LV 1-10, so it took me a while to gain levels with it. =(

It's at LV 11+ right now and it's easier to hit enemies with it since its explosion range is larger, but once it's LV 21, it'll have knock-back, and it'll have a larger explosion, so it should be a lot easier for me then. :D

Spending twelve hours leveling your buffs
just to get them to the point where people wouldn't boot you from a party is the most cherished tradition amongst techers in this game. It's what sets us apart from all the other classes, who never get to experience the joy of sitting in a party with a bunch of strangers for hours on end, hitting the same button over and over.

All to benefit other people who would, in all likelyhood, never do the same for you.

In all seriousness, I wouldn't lament the end of buff parties, but I do have some fond memories of some of them.
Buff parties were quite tedious at times, but there were times when I really enjoyed it, I'm not gonna lie. It's interesting when you're not only leveling your buffs--and you're right; you're doing it for other people's benefits, who sometimes could care less, but regardless, it's the main reason why I became an Acrotecher: to help my friends--but sometimes you get stuck in a party with people who really love to talk. It really makes the time go by, and before you know it, you've gained quite a few buff levels!

It took me two entire days to get all of my buffs from LV1-31, but I kinda miss that I won't be having to join another buff party anymore, just for the fact that socializing in some of them were really nice.