PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know if the rare enemy rate has been changed for v1 missions?

desturel
May 28, 2008, 10:03 AM
Since MA:G has ended (for now) I have seen the rare map for:

Demons Above
Sleeping Warriors x3
Mad Beasts x2 (with all 10 Gol Dova)
Plains Overlord
Moonlight Beast
Endrum Remnants
and
Tunnel Recapture x2

Before MA:G I had never seen the rare map for most of these. I had only gotten the rare map for Demons Above once before and that was after AotI. Tunnel Recapture I saw once WAAAAAAAAAY back when Bruce C was still a hotspot (around Mar 2007?) and never saw it again until now.

Now maybe I've just had a string of good luck recently, but this many times in a week after a year worth of playing the game?

The only v1 maps I had previously had any luck in getting rare maps (meaning not specifically hunting them) on were True Darkness, Cost of Research, Duel in the Ruins, Eastern Peril, and Crimson Beast. I remember a couple times getting the rare map while soloing Forest Infiltration, but I couldn't get 4 people to leave seabed and come join me, so those Jaggo went to waste.

I might try my lucky streak out on a few other missions I haven't had any luck on like Moonlight Beast, Rainbow Beast, Holy Grounds, Mine Defense, and Desert Goliath.

Powder Keg
May 28, 2008, 10:24 AM
Not sure about this one, I saw a screen where a GM mentioned that Forest of Illusion would be easier to find now and you don't have to split the party up to find it. I haven't heard anything about rare maps, though.

I DID find a rare SWS2 map yesterday, which never happens.

Also, there wasn't an official announcement about the Forest of Illusion thing, so I don't know if it's totally true and updated or not.

Astarin
May 28, 2008, 02:19 PM
Yeah, I think they changed the way Forest of Illusion appears now. The whole "the longer you take in a mission, the better chance you have for it to appear" addition that JP got. Again, I think. PSUpedia also lists that as being implemented in one of the pre-MAG updates...

Otherwise, I don't believe there's been any change in rare enemies showing up.

beatrixkiddo
May 28, 2008, 02:21 PM
Actually, Ruby informed us on PSUpedia that the FoI change actually hadn't made it through, despite what he had been told.

As for the rare map rate, dunno. I've been playing White Beast for serafi-senbas and I've seen a loooottt of jaggo maps, but it's not v1.

desturel
May 28, 2008, 02:38 PM
I DID find a rare SWS2 map yesterday, which never happens.

This is what I'm talking about. For over a year I have been running runs like Sleeping Warriors and unless I'm actively hunting a rare map, I have never seen rappy or other rare monsters. Now in less then a week I've had 11?

XFoxPrower
May 28, 2008, 03:46 PM
Let's test your luck and see if you can get Rappies on Mad Creatures :P.

Also, there wasn't an official announcement about the Forest of Illusion thing, so I don't know if it's totally true and updated or not.

Forest of Illusion originally came with our first GBR didn't it? There was no official announcement about that either. PSOW was on top of it, but such a rule change for FOI can only slip by even quieter.

amtalx
May 28, 2008, 03:52 PM
ST reserves the right to mess with our hopes and dreams at their discretion. Who knows what they've done. Even the GMs are in the dark.