PDA

View Full Version : JP PSU Crea Wand+ ... WTF?

Astarin
May 28, 2008, 04:00 PM
So, I know the Crea Wand+ board was released a while ago for JP servers. I'm just... confused. It's Beast and Cast only, which is fine. But the stats don't make any sense. It's an S rank, with an equipping requirement of most S ranks, but with garbage TP and PP stats. From the few steps of grinding that are shown, it doesn't even grind well.

Am I missing something? Does it have some hidden bonus, like causing technics to hit an additional target (ala the regular Crea weapons)? Or is it just a slap-in-the-face for Beast and Cast techers?

Darksparda
May 28, 2008, 04:27 PM
Could be a slap in the face to beast and cast techers. I don't really know, it could hit maybe on more target but that seems kinda of unlikely for some reason to me.

Dragwind
May 28, 2008, 04:35 PM
I've been wondering this for quite some time. If so, would the extra target be worth the low tp? Something tells me this wand might add range instead.

chaoskila
May 28, 2008, 04:49 PM
any thing crea is garbage
they just look cool

_K1_
May 28, 2008, 08:21 PM
Could be a slap in the face to beast and cast techers. I don't really know, it could hit maybe on more target but that seems kinda of unlikely for some reason to me.Crea melee weapons have been a joke to Newmans/Humans, so I guess this was to be expected.

Crea:
Take a weapon with the worst stats for it's rarity.
Then make it exclusive to the races who already suffer the worst in those stats.

Now Beasts and CASTs can see what they've been missing out on...

they just look cool
Well, they WERE cool once... back when B rank was all you could buy in stores.

AC9breaker
May 28, 2008, 08:31 PM
I was under the impression that Crea+ Melee weapons where somewhat usable, am I wrong in that thought?

Also, I really think its just a slap in the face concerning the force type weapons. I could see additional targets, but it seems like it would be redundant for Gi-techs or Barta for that matter. Especially after you factor in all the big numbars you'd be losing out on by using those weapons.

Andy1423
May 28, 2008, 08:41 PM
haven't you figured it out by now. SEGA creates weapons that have no meaning or purpose. If I'm not mistaken, they did the same kind of crap in PSO. That's why I keep saying KUBARA weapons are stupid. NOT because a few are actually decent, but the fact that their not consistently like that. 85% of them are pure crap, just like CREA weapons. Nice try SEGA, but NO CIGAR.

Xefi
May 28, 2008, 10:21 PM
Crea Wand+ = a stick with me/quick equipped in it? i only hope.

Chuck_Norris
May 28, 2008, 10:27 PM
Do we actually have a picture of the Crea Wand yet?

lokey013
May 28, 2008, 10:40 PM
I would love to see one as well =P

AlphaDragoon
May 28, 2008, 10:48 PM
Crea:
Take a weapon with the worst stats for it's rarity.
Then make it exclusive to the races who already suffer the worst in those stats.

Now Beasts and CASTs can see what they've been missing out on...

This.

Let's see if Beast/CAST players think Crea weapons are a "fair trade" for SUVs/nanoblasts now. :-P

Astarin
May 28, 2008, 11:40 PM
Do we actually have a picture of the Crea Wand yet?

We don't, but another site ("PSU weapon viewer") does. It just looks like the Wandrac, sadly. This is it:
http://pwv.sakura.ne.jp/image/wond/kureawond+00.jpg
Terrible shame that they didn't do something unique, like the melee Creas.

I was under the impression that Crea+ Melee weapons where somewhat usable, am I wrong in that thought?

No, you aren't wrong. A couple of them are somewhat usable. The Creasabra was the most notable one, as its grinded stats were comparable to any other high-end A rank saber, but it hits the extra target. As such, some of these new S rank Creas might be good too. Emphasis on the "might". From what I've noticed so far, there hasn't been anything remarkable.

RemiusTA
May 29, 2008, 12:07 AM
If it does something like give all your technics an extra target / hitbox, then it would definately be worth it.

I personally think its unfair that Casts and Beasts get any kinds of Specific weapons since they have nanoblasts / game-breaking SUV weapons. But whatever.

Melee weapons dont make a difference, but even a single extra hitbox target for technics make a huge difference. Techers are absolutely horrible at taking down large enemies.

Astarin
May 29, 2008, 12:11 AM
I doubt the Wand would work like that, even if it does give an extra target for technics. Given that no technic hits a single enemy more than once, the best I'd expect of this wand is that you could hit two nearby mobs with a single Foie. Or an extra target for Rafoie, or whatever. Or extra range, as someone else suggested.

But this is still all speculation. Have none of our JP players acquired this Wand?

RemiusTA
May 29, 2008, 12:17 AM
I think its stupid. Technics should hit enemies more than once ANYWAY.

You mean to tell me huge ass explosions from the Ra/Nosu techs only hit three targets once, but swords can hit 4 targets or one enemy 4 times?

Bullshit. I can see them not giving Damu spells multiple hitbox capabilities since it would be quite broken, but Ra spells (which pretty much suck unless they are really high leveled. Three / 4 targets is garbage) and nosu spells should hit more than one target.

F-Gattaca
May 29, 2008, 12:20 AM
Well, if it does look like a carbon copy of the other modern weapons, I'm not terribly surprised. A few of the A-rank creas look really close to modern weapons (Creasaber for example).

RemiusTA
May 29, 2008, 12:30 AM
The Crea weapons look like designs of weapons inbetween the PSO --> PSU timeline to me. Every Crea weapon i see kind of has that PSO-ish style to it, while the PSU weapons actually have more of a STYLE to them, since each manufactuer does weapons differently anyway.

F-Gattaca
May 29, 2008, 12:38 AM
What would have been cool is if there were a Coral series of weapons that were patterned off the generic PSO weaponry. They could all be Kubara B-ranks or something.

Schubalts
May 29, 2008, 09:00 AM
We don't, but another site ("PSU weapon viewer")

Edit: Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooogle.

Andy1423
May 29, 2008, 09:51 AM
I personally think its unfair that Casts and Beasts get any kinds of Specific weapons since they have nanoblasts / game-breaking SUV weapons. But whatever.

I'm a CAST and I would have to agree with you. I would rather they keept the MAG's the way they were in PSO. Then everyone could have a nanoblast/suv. Instert the SUV slot into the MAG ect.

Anyways my point is that even with the addition of the new crea weapons this game, sega still stinks at making alot of USEFULL weaponry.
90% of KUBARA's = TRASH
90% of CREA/+'s = TRASH
90% of SUV's = TRASH
I wonder what the hell sega does all day when they look at the spread of the game's stats.

Schubalts
May 29, 2008, 09:53 AM
Well, Kubara weapons aren't made by huge, planet-spanning corporations with tons of money.

Gunslinger-08
May 29, 2008, 11:14 AM
they just look cool

Stop right there! Creasabra 8-10/10 would like a word with you.

Zwick_
May 29, 2008, 02:35 PM
I think its stupid. Technics should hit enemies more than once ANYWAY.

You mean to tell me huge ass explosions from the Ra/Nosu techs only hit three targets once, but swords can hit 4 targets or one enemy 4 times?

Bullshit. I can see them not giving Damu spells multiple hitbox capabilities since it would be quite broken, but Ra spells (which pretty much suck unless they are really high leveled. Three / 4 targets is garbage) and nosu spells should hit more than one target.

There is no way that I can agree with you in the least bit at all. Please for my own sanity don;t sit here telling me that every tech should be able to hit every spot because a sword can... I want you to take to mind right now how much faster you can tech vs. swing a sword. Also I want you to consider how much more damage a tech does, Dam spells work fine, Nos spells work excellent, and Ra spells are extremely good as well, as long as you know how to use them. I'm not trying to start a flame war with anyone, but to be completely honest, that is a horrible idea