PDA

View Full Version : his pm killed him!~_^

painXxX
May 28, 2008, 05:19 PM
Ok so this is something I read a long while ago.
A guy was with his PM and it had a killer elite
It then got confuzzled and killed him
In one hit
*tries to hold in laughter at him*
is that really possible?

Adriano
May 28, 2008, 05:21 PM
no, confuse doesnt work that way D:

Golto
May 28, 2008, 05:27 PM
That pm has the killer shot bullet equipped on Killer Elite so yes it could happen.

pikachief
May 28, 2008, 05:32 PM
and i have heard a lot of things of PMs/NPC's attacking players when confused....

DarkEliteRico
May 28, 2008, 05:36 PM
I've never experienced my PM actually doing any damage to me when she's confused. I personally think it's BS.

Libram
May 28, 2008, 05:41 PM
I've never experienced my PM actually doing any damage to me when she's confused. I personally think it's BS.

I concur

furrypaws
May 28, 2008, 06:18 PM
I play with NPCs a lot. Recently, more than with humans, and I think I can safely say that confuse affects them the same way it affects us (when there's a monster nearby, of course). In other words, they act the way they did in PSU v1 and run all over the place without being able to hit anything at all.

Once there are no monsters, they can follow you regularly though. It just kicks in when there are monsters around and they try to attack.

shotsfired
May 28, 2008, 06:19 PM
one time during confusion, my PM shot down a tree and it landed on me, pinning me to the ground while Boomas pummled me.... true story

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 06:40 PM
One time my PM got confused and shot me with her shotgun and Chamga, so I turned around and hit her with Jabroga... true story as well.

painXxX
May 28, 2008, 06:41 PM
hah that sounds pretty bad but whats worse! is when your in public with your pm and it decides to act bad, *nods*I had to swat its nose once..and it bit me!

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 06:46 PM
One time my PM had it's friends over and trashed my room too. And I think she's been taking the profits from my shop and buying...things with it.

Tekershee
May 28, 2008, 06:50 PM
One time, I had a PM. Oh I still do.. :S

Mman2000
May 28, 2008, 07:09 PM
Shit, I just saw my PM reading this thread..

Mawile
May 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
This seems like an appropiate thread.

http://img206.imageshack.us/img206/5170/89a01cd63958c64d47ecf5aep9.jpg
Text reads "The hanzo I recieved... turned into a hand-made chocolate!"

I don't think I'd be angry with her =|

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 07:20 PM
I ran a trace... the calls were coming from INSIDE THE ROOM! ZOMG GET OUTTA THERE!!!!

bloodflowers
May 28, 2008, 07:33 PM
I have a friend who suffered this fate, posted about it a while ago. A friend I trust not to be full of BS too, he was low on HP and his PM nailed him in the back with some Battlestoppers.

I had a long think about it, and I think I've worked out what might be happening - when people are badly lagged an enemy can be dead, but then they take damage shortly after. I wonder if the PM is firing at a dead enemy, and that of course just so happens to be where the lagged player is standing, who takes their lag damage and dies.

It's reaching a bit, but it might explain something. Friend in the above case was in the UK, we get some pretty hilarious lag effects at times.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 07:53 PM
I have a friend who suffered this fate, posted about it a while ago. A friend I trust not to be full of BS too, he was low on HP and his PM nailed him in the back with some Battlestoppers.

I had a long think about it, and I think I've worked out what might be happening - when people are badly lagged an enemy can be dead, but then they take damage shortly after. I wonder if the PM is firing at a dead enemy, and that of course just so happens to be where the lagged player is standing, who takes their lag damage and dies.

It's reaching a bit, but it might explain something. Friend in the above case was in the UK, we get some pretty hilarious lag effects at times.

How does lag explain the trashed room, strange noises from the shop in the middle of the night, and small PM-sized bloody footprints leading away from the common box?

bloodflowers
May 28, 2008, 08:14 PM
Player is lagged so badly that an enemy comes with them away from a mission, then respawns in their room while they sleep. At this point the PM (who never sleeps) valiantly defends their owner, resulting in the mess and blood. Being good PMs they then store any items the enemy dropped in the common box.

That was easy.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 09:00 PM
But what does she do after she kills them? *shivers*

Yuudai_Riisu
May 28, 2008, 09:08 PM
But what does she do after she kills them? *shivers*

She eats them no pun intended

Metsume
May 28, 2008, 09:17 PM
This seems like an appropiate thread.
Text reads "The hanzo I recieved... turned into a hand-made chocolate!"

I don't think I'd be angry with her =|

LOL! I like how she's still sweating in nervousness.

"Sorry! Your Psycho Wand...you can eat it now! The Diads make it spicy! :D..."

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2008, 09:25 PM
She eats them no pun intended

This is why I come back to my room sometimes to find my partner machine burping.

Johnathan Coulton's "Creepy Doll" song comes to mind now.

But, uh, yeah, I don't think I've ever seen friendly fire caused by confusion. It might just have been confusion in the heat of battle ... if that makes sense. Lots of things going on at once + desyncing = illusion of confused partner characters/machines attacking and killing you.

BIGGIEstyle
May 28, 2008, 10:39 PM
This is why I come back to my room sometimes to find my partner machine burping.

Johnathan Coulton's "Creepy Doll" song comes to mind now.

But, uh, yeah, I don't think I've ever seen friendly fire caused by confusion. It might just have been confusion in the heat of battle ... if that makes sense. Lots of things going on at once + desyncing = illusion of confused partner characters/machines attacking and killing you.

This is the most reasonable thing said.

I still like my conspiracy theory of PMs being dolls that need to eat the flesh of living people to fuel their soulless thirst for life...

Shh... I think she heard me...

Dark Emerald EXE
May 28, 2008, 10:49 PM
That would be hilarious if that could happen

F-Gattaca
May 28, 2008, 11:13 PM
This is the most reasonable thing said.

I still like my conspiracy theory of PMs being dolls that need to eat the flesh of living people to fuel their soulless thirst for life...

Shh... I think she heard me...

Oh, they still do--especially the armor synthing PMs. After all ... aow many people fed their armor PMs on recycled CAST characters before PM feeding became easier?

*raises his hand*

Larian
May 28, 2008, 11:16 PM
Pics or it never happened...

Gama
May 29, 2008, 06:31 AM
when we get confuse we cant hit each other, pm are the same they just run around like chickens...

Indica
May 29, 2008, 10:04 AM
Ive about this a long time ago, that is funny. I have the same PM but never took it to a map where it can be confused, will have to try that one day

Libram
May 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
Oh, they still do--especially the armor synthing PMs. After all ... aow many people fed their armor PMs on recycled CAST characters before PM feeding became easier?

*raises his hand*

Um...

*kicks a CAST head into the changing room*

Not me. ^^;