PDA

View Full Version : Who's idea was this? :disapprove: (Spoilers I guess)

Chuck_Norris
May 28, 2008, 11:30 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1iTaPHjxuo

What kinda ending was that? :disapprove:

I mean, falling into a bottomless pit and then cybertron turns into planet Al Gore?

I was never a fan of the Armada/Energon/Cybertron series, but they gave it an awesome ending.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4-S7zoCHc7U&feature=related

Now THAT'S an ending. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 28, 2008, 11:57 PM
GOOO OPTIMUS!!! FUKKEN EPIC.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 06:22 AM
This is still my favorite of their showdowns.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=fB0_vJUc3o4

Sord
May 29, 2008, 10:10 AM
you know what... those both suck. You know what a good ending would be? Mega/Galvatron WINS because Optimus won't shut up about his corny naive speeches. The autobots are eliminated and decepticons rule supreme. And how about, when you actually lose energy, YOU LOSE IT, YA DON'T GO FUCKING DBZ SUPER SAIYAN.

Solstis
May 29, 2008, 10:13 AM
The Armada Optimus suffers the problem of "Boneheaded Optimus." As in, fight the enemy alone. Okay, the episode would have been about 27 minutes shorter otherwise.

Sord
May 29, 2008, 10:18 AM
I Fight Alone

My Friends Are My Power

My Dialogue Writers Are Shit

PhotonDrop
May 29, 2008, 11:04 AM
you know what... those both suck. You know what a good ending would be? Mega/Galvatron WINS because Optimus won't shut up about his corny naive speeches. The autobots are eliminated and decepticons rule supreme. And how about, when you actually lose energy, YOU LOSE IT, YA DON'T GO FUCKING DBZ SUPER SAIYAN.

Thats a stupid ending. <.<

Sord
May 29, 2008, 11:22 AM
I'm sorry, but the dialogue of the Transformers series is mostly shit. It would be better if they didn't talk at all. To be honest, almost any ending is going to be cliche nowadays. "Everything has been done, it's just a matter of choosing the one that sucks the least."

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 11:56 AM
I only really like the original series, the rest of them suck. :/

PhotonDrop
May 29, 2008, 12:01 PM
Given a choice between your ending and the three posted, I'd take even Beast Machine's hippie bullshit before I would take yours. Even if the hero is cheesy and bland, watching the villain win is boring.

I only really like the original series, the rest of them suck. :/

This is true. Though I highly suggest Transformers Animated if G1 is your thing. It's a different take on the Transformers mythos without being bogged down by the failure that plagued Armada/Energon/Cybertron.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 12:02 PM
Well, they could win once in a while, just to keep us on our toes.

>_>

<_<

Sord
May 29, 2008, 12:02 PM
and watching the hero that nearly always wins isn't? like hell.

PhotonDrop
May 29, 2008, 12:07 PM
There is at least entertainment in watching a hero overcome. Edgey pessimism is best left to the 90s.

Sord
May 29, 2008, 12:10 PM
bull, an antagonist can be appreciated just as well as any portagonist.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 12:19 PM
Just don't do cheesy speeches, no one likes those, keep them short and witty, or long and witty, whichever works.

PhotonDrop
May 29, 2008, 12:26 PM
I mean no offense Sord, but why do you think the FKL fiction fell through? It was TORTURE to read.

I'm sure a story about the villain winning could be done, but not if he's a malicious fucker. Take Death Note for example, Light is clearly the villain of the story, yet he stands victorious frequently. The reason it works for him, and wouldn't work for the Decepticons, is because Light has to work hard to not be killed himself. Ever since G1 the Decepticons have been more powerful than the Autobots. So while watching Light and L duel is entertaining, watching Megatron trample over everyone, wouldn't be.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 01:48 PM
They can't let villians win. Apparently, that would be predictable. >_>

Chuck_Norris
May 29, 2008, 02:16 PM
They can't let villians win. Apparently, that would be predictable. >_>

I think it's more like this. Transformers is basicly a kid's show. Most kids don't like seeing their heroes lose.

If the kids are unhappy, they stop watching, and stop making their parents buy the toys.

If no toys are being bought, namco (or whoever owns transformers) will lose money.

If (whoever) loses money, they will need to take out a loan in an attempt to bring transformers back.

If they need to take out a loan to revive transformers, and the only way they could do this is by building real transformers.

If they build real transformers, govorments will steal the technology, and load them up with nukes.

These transformers' AI will then grow and start to think for themselves.

When they start thinking for themselves, they will realize they are more powerful than the humans.

When they realize this, they will enslave humans to work and build more for them.

Eventually, the human resistance will find a way to kill the transformers.

The transformers will get word of the human's plan, and destroy the entire planet in an attempt to save themselves.

So, in short. If the badguys win in a TV show, the world ends in real life. :wacko:

Sord
May 29, 2008, 06:15 PM
I mean no offense Sord, but why do you think the FKL fiction fell through? It was TORTURE to read.

I'm sure a story about the villain winning could be done, but not if he's a malicious fucker. Take Death Note for example, Light is clearly the villain of the story, yet he stands victorious frequently. The reason it works for him, and wouldn't work for the Decepticons, is because Light has to work hard to not be killed himself. Ever since G1 the Decepticons have been more powerful than the Autobots. So while watching Light and L duel is entertaining, watching Megatron trample over everyone, wouldn't be.

My fiction and many other fictions and tournaments fell through out of pure laziness. It had nothing to do with bad characters, nor even other people's opinions of characters for that matter. I could keep writing if I had the disire, but as with everything I've attempted to write for the past few years, it never got finished because I didn't bother to. And I don't really take offense, villian won way to much, though it was supposed to flip around for a good long time had I continued. I hadn't figured out the ending though. It was supposed to turn into a series of tournament like matches, with you guys recapturing everyone and holding them unti you could kill/defeat Sord. As per Deathnote, I got bored of it around ep 18 or something. I can only take so much life-or-chess death before it gets boring. I'm not saying for the enemy to freaking win over and over. Both sides can have their legitimate rise and falls of power or wins and losses. It's just, end the end, I would like a villain to win every now and then.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 06:26 PM
I would actually like to see a villian win once or twice too, but that'll never happen. -_-

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 08:57 PM
It'd be hard to do and make it work, if they just steamroll it all, it's boring, but make them the underdog and they're essentially the hero. :/

Sayara
May 29, 2008, 09:43 PM
I Fight Alone

My Friends Are My Power

My Dialogue Writers Are Shit

I fight for my friends.
[/ike pic]

Chuck_Norris
May 29, 2008, 10:44 PM
I fight for my friends.
[/ike pic]

Inb4http://youtube.com/watch?v=JBob8j8DRe4&feature=related