PDA

View Full Version : 0 star luck vs any luck

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 08:08 AM
We all know that male beast have the worst luck ever... or do they????

In the past few weeks, I have only noticed 1 day with 3 star luck. In that same time frame, there has been a few 1 star days and A LOT of 0 stars.

The reason I bring this up is because I don't know if it's just me or what but my fortune has taken a turn for the better. Just the past 2 weeks a lone, I have come across an assload of rares.
Just for example, yesterday I set a plan to search for a Blackbull through everywhere that it dropped. I did 7 runs of True Darkness S (was planning to move to new areas but you'll see why I didn't):

1st- [b] Blackbull, Lidra
2nd- [b] Blackbull, (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp)
3rd- Agito Edge
4th- polymers removed but cyrals still make me smile (edit - not different types of polymers - they were from previous runs left in inventory- gamewarp, blkbeast, JAFO22000)
5th- [b] Ank Dedda, Agito Edge
6th- (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp) - one of these was another Agito
7th- Grinder base S's, but buddy (The Ancient One) gave me a free Great Flowens Sword (different type of luck but hey had to throw it in)

To top it off, I was synthing 3 different 7 star weapons (cost me a total of nothing to synth, didn't even want them - was going to sell them) they all failed but they gave me 2 catilium and a goldania.

Used the catilium to synth a Sweet Death which came out 46% dark.
The first Blackbull actually synthed in a striking pm (54% success). Second one is up for sale (Jerrelle)

Now that the bragging is over, does luck actually boost anything dramatically? Run 4, 6 and 7, The Ancient One was with me and he had 3 star luck but nothing came of it. He said that my luck was unheard of for yesterday. I just say it evened out all the crap luck that beast males get 99% of the time.

gamewarp
May 29, 2008, 08:51 AM
I did 7 runs of True Darkness S (was planning to move to new areas but you'll see why I didn't):
2nd- Relic Edge
4th- 4 different polymers
6th- Relic Edge
lool!

RedRaz0r
May 29, 2008, 08:55 AM
http://psupedia.info/True_Darkness

Relic edge is an area drop for the relics, so you didnt find any in true darkness.

blkbeast
May 29, 2008, 08:58 AM
wow they gotcha

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 09:22 AM
sorry.... not relics, replace one with an agito--- i had one in my inventory from the previous night.
was doing continuous runs without emptying inventory - face palms!!!!!!
did it get hot in here or is it just me?????

edit- which i forgot to mention - the relic was the only thing i got from a 3 star night.

JAFO22000
May 29, 2008, 09:55 AM
sorry.... not relics, replace one with an agito--- i had one in my inventory from the previous night.
was doing continuous runs without emptying inventory - face palms!!!!!!
did it get hot in here or is it just me?????

edit- which i forgot to mention - the relic was the only thing i got from a 3 star night.

Still doesn't explain the "4 different polymers" you found. Let's see, you found a Nanopolymer, an Ortapolymer, a Metapolymer and a.....???

blkbeast
May 29, 2008, 10:06 AM
o0o0o0o yea...
4 really?

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 10:11 AM
just like the relics, they may have been in the inventory from a previous run/day. i stated before due to luck, i was not emptying out to keep streak hot. i said 4 different types?? i meant 42 different types..... yeah face palms as i stated beforehand. 4 polymers, not different types.

really need to scan through before hitting "post". you guys are brutal to casual players. i deserve it for being excited i guess.

edit: a lot of this in today's post. I remember where the relics came from - episode 2 ch 8 festa 1. got bored of white beast and played storymode.

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 10:47 AM
"Real" luck > Photon Fortune

Photon Fortune increases the "drop anything" rate, not the rare drop rate.
Photon Fortune does not affect synthing at all, but it does affect grinding.

To be honest I think too many people make a big deal out of Photon Fortune and don't really understand what it does. Your chances of finding rares on a 0* day aren't that different than on a 3* day, and there's nothing stopping you from getting lucky with 0*. So congratulations! ^^

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 10:53 AM
thank you for weeding through my inaccuracies and giving a respectable response. thing is i don't play often, i have one character from launch day and he is only level 99. so all these items just make it worth it to log on and play. lately, i have more time on my hands as preggo wife goes to sleep early (due next month).

i notice how i really do have more real luck finding items when i have 0* as opposed to 2 or 3*. maybe it's because i don't expect anything with 0* but i go madly searching and expecting something with any *'s.

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 10:59 AM
Another thing is that you have 0* and 1* a lot more often than 2* or 3*, so of course you're going to find more rares on 0* days simply because you spend more time hunting with 0* than with 3*!

Of course, some people who hunt rares a lot pay the Shrine Maiden at Shitenkaku so they can have good Photon Fortune every day. :p

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 11:25 AM
technically you are correct. but, to me, recently, I have been on a roll. being on as little i play, 8* rares excite me. after christmas event, i couldn't pay the gods to bestow me with anything other than monomates and scapedolls. at the end of march, luck started to change (around thieves eggs i believe), i remember it started with a solid knight (finally able to get rid of the perpa power) and then picked up. now, i really haven't gone a day without getting at a 7-10* item/[b]/weapon. as opposed to before, where i had to buy everything.

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 11:42 AM
Take advantage of that luck while it lasts! And when I say "luck," I don't mean photon fortune! :lol:

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 12:18 PM
believe me, i plan on it. i made of list of items i want:
blackbull
blackheart
rattlesnake
psycho wand
shuri-hiken
and one more slicer, too lazy to search. lol

edit: grand cross

1 down, 6 to go.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
male beast has 3* tomorrow

MoorePSO
May 29, 2008, 12:33 PM

Photon Fortune increases the "drop anything" rate, not the rare drop rate.

... Your chances of finding rares on a 0* day aren't that different than on a 3* day...
From monsters, at least, a greater chance of dropping anything == a greater chance or getting a rare.

More Drops == More Chances at a Rare Drop

It may not be that different, but it is different.

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 12:40 PM
From monsters, at least, a greater chance of dropping anything == a greater chance or getting a rare.

More Drops == More Chances at a Rare Drop

It may not be that different, but it is different.
I know it's different, just not enough to make a big deal out of it. There are some people who won't hunt rares if they have 0*, which is silly because jerrelle proves that having "real" luck beats having 3* any day. :p

APEXi
May 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
i lol'd after "We all know that male beast have the worst luck ever" - someone has a short memory

Kinako78
May 29, 2008, 01:50 PM
actually, humans have the worst luck ever (as far as photon fortune). Both genders of humans had 3 luck earlier this week and when was the last time before that?

jerrelle
May 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
you could say humans and beasts get equally fubar'ed on luck. but since i only play a beast, i only look at that forecast.

beast had 3 star earlier this week as well. but nothing today. (just checked, humans neither)

Kinako78
May 29, 2008, 01:56 PM
I just know Siara (female beast) had more days of 3* overall then Kinako (female human). You may be right, though.

Cracka_J
May 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
You can find anything you want in this game, as long as you have the time to invest.
Persistence>>>Luck any day of the week. If you are determined enough to find something, you'll get it.

I wanted a pwand, so I decided to level my techs at SW. My techs still aren't all 40, and I've found 12 pwand boards.

I wanted rifles/shotguns, so I solo DG every now and then. Found 2 snake & 3 baret boards doing random runs.

I'm not a lucky person, but I'm one of the most persistent people you will find in the game. If there's something I want, I don't give up til I get it.

Get the "luck" or "lucky" theories out of your heads and make attempts to find what you want. The game is a dice roll, roll the dice enough times and it'll come up in your favor.
Shyt, that should be my motto lulz.

Delete
May 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
you could say humans and beasts get equally fubar'ed on luck. but since i only play a beast, i only look at that forecast.

beast had 3 star earlier this week as well. but nothing today. (just checked, humans neither)

Newmans get all the luck while Casts, which is what i usually play on, tend to have at least 1 star luck all the time. Also, casts do tend to get 2 star alot as well, but newmans steal the 3 star luck.

APEXi
May 29, 2008, 05:49 PM

speaking of male humans/beasts, you get 3star/megaholy tomorrow

pikachief
May 29, 2008, 06:10 PM
1st- [b] Blackbull, Lidra
2nd- [b] Blackbull, (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp)
3rd- Agito Edge
4th- polymers removed but cyrals still make me smile (edit - not different types of polymers - they were from previous runs left in inventory- gamewarp, blkbeast, JAFO22000)
5th- [b] Ank Dedda, Agito Edge
6th- (edit - Relic Edge: from previous run left in inventory- gamewarp) - one of these was another Agito
7th- Grinder base S's, but buddy (The Ancient One) gave me a free Great Flowens Sword (different type of luck but hey had to throw it in)

I don't beleive area drops (agito edges) or boss drops are effected by luck :/

sorry D: