PDA

View Full Version : Might change my name guys

Sord
May 29, 2008, 10:24 AM
sord /sɔrd/
–noun a flight or flock of mallards.

:disapprove:

Unfortunately the only other name I like was taken by a dude in 2003 that made 6 posts (Sordes)

Wyndham
May 29, 2008, 10:43 AM
Sord-icus Fax-ixus

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 11:06 AM
Great, now it's extended to names as well. Sord syndrome strikes again.

I've considered seeing if I can get my name changed to something that doesn't have any relation to anything I currently ever use, changing my avatar and my location/title and seeing how long it takes for someone to notice.

Sord
May 29, 2008, 11:15 AM
if you do that, you best not post for a few days or so, so that any topic that you have falls off and no one would see the replacement

astuarlen
May 29, 2008, 11:18 AM
Sordid?

I would change my name, because it sucks, but I wouldn't know what to pick in place of it (and chances are it would suck, too). Weird to have a character name for a game I haven't played in years.

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 11:48 AM
if you do that, you best not post for a few days or so, so that any topic that you have falls off and no one would see the replacement

Well, yeah, it'd involve at least a week-long disappearance beforehand, and I'd come back posting in forums I don't usually post in, saying things I normally wouldn't say. :wacko:

Too damned lazy though.

SpikeOtacon
May 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
Board plastic surgery and now a name change craze? This new board sure is putting something in the water.

Weeaboolits
May 29, 2008, 11:50 AM
Why would you change it? You're a swarm of ducks! How we gonna compete with that?

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 11:52 AM
Everyone accidentally drank the special kool-aid.

Sord
May 29, 2008, 12:15 PM
Why would you change it? You're a swarm of ducks! How we gonna compete with that?

Lightguns

Ketchup345
May 29, 2008, 12:29 PM
Well, yeah, it'd involve at least a week-long disappearance beforehand, and I'd come back posting in forums I don't usually post in, saying things I normally wouldn't say. :wacko:

Too damned lazy though.
So you'll become a Sato fan and hate Rati?

Nai_Calus
May 29, 2008, 12:48 PM
Too obvious.

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 01:42 PM
You people and your name changing. >_>

CrimsomWolf
May 29, 2008, 01:46 PM
My original nickname was supposed to be "Sanguine Dragon" but it was too long

:disapprove:

Nitro Vordex
May 29, 2008, 01:54 PM
Mine was just originally going to be Nitro, but someone already took it.

And barely used the damn account. :disapprove:

Qrrrbrbirbel
May 30, 2008, 05:16 AM
http://www.opundo.com/gaggle.php?searchstr=*

Pretty b.a.m.f. for all the different ways to say group.

Siege would be a cool replacement

Sord
May 30, 2008, 05:19 AM
http://www.opundo.com/gaggle.php?searchstr=*

Pretty b.a.m.f. for all the different ways to say group.

Siege would be a cool replacement

a flock of bitterns, cranes, or herons O.o

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 09:27 AM
Mine was originally going to be Ian-KunX, but som- Oh wait nobody had taken it.

Fact: This name has never been taken anywhere. I once thought it had been, but it turned out to be merely that I had already registered there a few years back and forgotten that I had, once I tried logging in with my standard password set and found one that worked.

VanHalen
May 30, 2008, 03:06 PM
Lightguns

Add a magnifying glass to it and they stand no chance.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 05:32 PM
no one has ever take my name

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 05:34 PM
No one but weaboos would want to.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 05:35 PM
No one but weaboos would want to.

that said though, there's shit loads of them on the internet

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 06:09 PM
what the hell is a weaboo?

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:11 PM
what the hell is a weaboo?

in the event you really aren't being sarcastic

negative term directed to anyone overly obsessed with Japanese culture to the point where they become annoying.

Most weaboos are uneducated about their obsession of choice and are often noobs who are overly zealous, trying to impress others with their otaku knowledge. Another trait of a weaboo is their desire to "be Japanese".

While the two terms are often fused together, weaboos are very different from anime fans or enthusiasts. A fan may be just as enthusiastic and knowlegable
about Japanese culture, mainly anime, but they neither boast about their knowledge nor call themselves otaku(because of its known negative connatation).

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:13 PM
I always thought it was spelled weebabo. >_>

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 06:17 PM
i'm not going to lie, i don't really know jack shit about the japanese culture, just tidbits which i have picked up here and there, never claimed to anyways...

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:19 PM
I'm really just trying to learn the language, I plan to learn a few languages actually.

Japanese.
French.*insert no one likes French joke here*
Russian.
Latin.

Although, I'd prefer to learn in this order.
Japanese(over years, I've heard)
Latin
Russian
French ._.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:20 PM
if I could be bothered to learn a language, it would be German

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 06:22 PM
come to think of it i don't really like most japanese foods... (got violently ill on miso soup)

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:24 PM
Just remember eternally...

RAMEN FTMFW.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 06:25 PM
i do like ramen however (although i don't think its a completely japanese dish... probably wrong though)

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:26 PM
I don't really know, or care. I just know it fucking pwns.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:27 PM
Lol contradiction.

Ramen (ラーメン or 拉麺, rāmen?, IPA: ['ɺa:meɴ], listen (help·info)) is a Japanese dish of noodles served in broth that originated in China. It tends to be served in a meat-based broth, and uses toppings such as sliced pork (チャーシュー, chāshū?), dried seaweed (海苔, nori?), kamaboko, green onions, and even corn. Almost every locality or prefecture in Japan has its own variation of ramen, from the tonkotsu ramen of Kyūshū to the miso ramen of Hokkaidō.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 06:33 PM
i love curry on a bed of white rice ^.^ but that came from india if i remember correctly (the spicier the better)

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:50 PM
I need to actually try curry sometime.

Maybe this summer. :)

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:52 PM
I want to try Indian curry

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 07:51 PM
Irish curry XD, i'm not kidding it does exist, i saw it on the menu at the local Irish pub

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 08:30 PM
I should really get a name change. Ian-KunX is a pretty fucking lame name.

Except I dunno what the shit I'd change it to, besides shank one of my character's names. There's already 9,299 Zeros and that name is lame so it'd end up being Nai_Calus.

I want to learn German, Japanese and Korean. Also what exists of Klingon and Elvish for MAXIMUM FUCKING NERDNESS. That way I can be a weaboo, a complete trekkie nerd and a complete lotr nerd all at the same time.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 09:40 PM
to be a LotR nerd you have to have read, and completely understood silmirilian (sp?) feat nearing impossibility at best

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 09:44 PM
True. I tried reading The Silmarillon but it read like a really boring history book.

Only Tolkein can write about gods, elves, wizards, brave warriors and epic battles and make it feel as boring as reading about the Louisiana Purchase in high school.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 09:48 PM
i got about 50% when i read it, my dad was so confused he actually made flowcharts to help, to no avail!

yup i'm going for a name change soon: Tal _Deimos

Lance813
May 30, 2008, 10:02 PM
i remember on ragol.co.uk there was a guy named "The Sord"

Airalean
May 30, 2008, 10:48 PM
I want to change my name too, I hate having my real name as my user name, at the time I could think of anything, still can't. :~:

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 10:50 PM
How about Yanby?

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 10:54 PM
http://www.behindthename.com/
go nuts brit, the shear amount of names there will make your head spin

Airalean
May 30, 2008, 10:55 PM
Thanks Talon :D

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 10:56 PM
My real name never gets any love. ;-;

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:05 PM
my real name is too common so i hate it like little else... Tal isn't as common so i like it

@brit: welcome

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:09 PM
My name's common in England. >_>

"Wild Thornberrys" references are old.
Seriously, people in HIGH SCHOOL referencing that crap show? Grow the fuck up. :disapprove:

/minirant