http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=79999

EDIT:FIXED

Indica
May 29, 2008, 12:42 PM
?????

Cracka_J
May 29, 2008, 12:51 PM
Notifications:
29 May 2008 04:42 PDT: Payment has been taken for the next 30 days. You will next be billed on 10 Jun 08

lulz, guess they wanted their money back for their free month.
I can hear the bawwing start right about....

NOW.

lol sega, the show continues.

Retehi
May 29, 2008, 12:55 PM
First yesterday, now today.

Sega is the greatest troll.

AngelofEnders
May 29, 2008, 01:09 PM
Didn't take money from me but they finally canceled my account.

EMPYREAN
May 29, 2008, 01:12 PM
suprise! hell yea i got a suprice. my account was billed AND cancelled today, all whitin 3H, yet im still able to play this game online.

man im confused now.

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 01:16 PM
Notifications:
29 May 2008 04:08 PDT: Payment has been taken for the next 30 days. You will next be billed on 16 Jun 08

My account was going to expire May 17th before they made it "free". So now they're charging me for the remaining 17 days of what would have been this months sub, and charging me for a whole month? Okay SEGA.

AlphaDragoon
May 29, 2008, 01:18 PM
Wow, went and checked my bank account, they totally did bill me.

So much for a "free promotional period". :-?

Sekani
May 29, 2008, 01:27 PM
First yesterday, now today.

Sega is the greatest troll.

I'd agree, but it's not so funny when they're trolling your bank account.

Kinako78
May 29, 2008, 01:33 PM
Mine was charged before the free period was announced, so it doesn't effect me. Besides, they did say this wasn't a Sega promotion and that the free period was subject to change.

Tekershee
May 29, 2008, 01:40 PM
Lucky for me, mine's not an automatic billing so mine still says inactive but I can still log on..

Cracka_J
May 29, 2008, 01:41 PM
Besides, they did say this wasn't a Sega promotion and that the free period was subject to change.

Yes, they did. Which is why I'm not pissed about it. Pretty much just assumed at that point, with all the other bs that had been happening this was likely another GM sugarcoat.

Really, I only missed 2 days out on 065, so I'm not disappointed. I got most of my month and everything I wanted out of MAG.

I do feel bad for the people that were out longer due to 065, then getting billed today, and quite possibly another 10 days from now. That's not right at all. Hopefully there is still some reimbursement for this.

I really would like to see how long my account will run on my 9.99 that was charged today if I cancel my account today as well. Normally, it runs for a month after payment, but considering playsega is telling me my new billing date is the 10th of June, I'd likely be locked out at that point. Who knows...

Kinako78
May 29, 2008, 01:45 PM
Really, I only missed 2 days out on 065, so I'm not disappointed. I got most of my month and everything I wanted out of MAG.

Same here and, as I said, it was before the free period was announced, so I'm cool, too. But yeah, I guess I feel bad for the people who went without longer. I'm just annoyed by everyone whining over every little thing. (Not saying this is a little thing.)

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 01:53 PM
26 May 2008 08:01 PDT
Payment has been taken for the next 30 days. You will next be billed on 24 Jun 08Um, my sub was said to end on the 25th, so I got one day of free play? That sure is a short "few weeks," SEGA! This is the biggest roller coaster of a relationship I've ever had, and that's saying a lot.

Sasamichan
May 29, 2008, 02:04 PM
26 May 2008 08:01 PDT
We attempted to charge you this month, but your card was declined and your subscription has been put ON HOLD. In order to continue your account, you must cancel your current account using the CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION button and then purchase a new subscription (https://billing.playsega.com/protected/viewNotes.html)

Still no error 065. Was able to log in normally. :-D

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 02:07 PM
This is amazing.

OmgHi
May 29, 2008, 02:13 PM
Yea I was charged the 10 dollars back during MAG.

I wrote Edward a nice little email explaining to them to credit my account or I would be calling my bank and notifying them of fraud.

This was all a bluff on my part of course but it worked.

3 business days later my account was credited 9.99.

Danny_Dark
May 29, 2008, 02:17 PM
Lucky for me, mine's not an automatic billing so mine still says inactive but I can still log on..

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 02:28 PM
So people with recurring subs got billed? It would have been nice if they told us about this beforehand; in fact, I believe they even told us not to cancel our accounts. Gah, I really wish they knew what the hell they were saying before they said it, but I guess this is what I should expect by now.

SabZero
May 29, 2008, 02:38 PM
Well, when your subscription expires or you cancel /don't renew, you get sort of a grace period when you still can log in. I'm sure this is to not piss off customers for locking them out when the money is still in transaction.

And here's my notification log

29 May 2008 13:19 WEST
Payment has been taken for the next 30 days. You will next be billed on 11 Jun 08

12 May 2008 23:32 WEST
Your subscription has been resumed.

12 May 2008 23:32 WEST
Your subscription has been marked for cancellation - it will be cancelled shortly.

--> Here I got 065ed

05 Apr 2008 02:03 WEST
Payment has been taken for the next 30 days. You will next be billed on 05 May 08

So.... yeah. Well. I'm a little miffed since Edward from support said I won't be billed until a month after, and from the 12th to the 29th is not a month. :-?

Also, next billing date is already the 11th of June?! Big confusion/mess!

I'll add to the ticket I had there, so yeah. Asking doesn't cost anything :D

SabZero
May 29, 2008, 02:39 PM
Edit: can't add to the solved issue, a new one it is!

Eh, sorry for double posting!

Edit, this time it's right :P

You can re-open a question by replying to the email they sent you, in the place they marked in it.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 02:40 PM
It does cost a few IQ points though.

SonicTMP
May 29, 2008, 02:43 PM
So since they are charging everyone now, are we gonna get mag extention sooner? :p

YUKI_N
May 29, 2008, 02:46 PM
I love you sega, I really do. Just when I think you have no tricks left up your sleeve, you continue to amaze me :)

Arryn
May 29, 2008, 02:54 PM
omg mines inactive
guess i wait till free period over then resub

EMPYREAN
May 29, 2008, 02:56 PM
Quote Chillaura:

First the billing issues have not been resolved, and until that happens we do not have a final policy on how 065 affected players will have their bills credited or reset.

http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78694

We did not promise free play when we announced that we had temporarily bypassed the billing system. When we unofficially announced free play for canceled PSU subscriptions we did specifically say: This is not an official SEGA promotion, and free period dates may be subject to change.

We have determined that the only permanent fix for these billing issues is to shut down the playsega billing system, and our new billing system should be in place before mid June. We intend to adjust everyone's billing dates in a fair manner when we migrate their accounts to the new server.

If anyone else was charged this week for a partial month, please contact our billing customer service and we will examine your bill and issue credits to those who were charged unfairly. My initial check shows that this only happened to a handful of people, but we are still investigating this.

-ChillAura

lets just hope it will solve the problem but i dont belive it untill i see it.

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 03:05 PM
Okay. How do you contact billing?

They used to have a dropdown menu to choose between it and abusive reports, but now it seems different.

We did not promise free play when we announced that we had temporarily bypassed the billing system. When we unofficially announced free play for canceled PSU subscriptions we did specifically say: This is not an official SEGA promotion, and free period dates may be subject to change.and I lol'd

Shore, that's a totally logical excuse. :roll:

EDIT: WE'RE ONLY GM PEOPLE; WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LISTENING TO US? LOL

amtalx
May 29, 2008, 03:08 PM
Everyone look behind you...

YOU JUST GOT PUNK'D!! See, there's the camera.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2008, 03:10 PM
Billed today, next bill date: 17th of June.

Pathetic, pathetic, pathetic.

Shardio
May 29, 2008, 03:14 PM
Moral of the story: Do not use recurring subsciption.

Tone
23 May 2008 09:32 PDT: We attempted to charge you this month, but your card was declined and your subscription has been put ON HOLD. In order to continue your account, you must cancel your current account using the CANCEL SUBSCRIPTION button and then purchase a new subscription

Thank god I've been dumping money into my savings rather than checking..

RubyEclipse
If anyone else was charged this week for a partial month, please contact our billing customer service and we will examine your bill and issue credits to those who were charged unfairly.

Wanted to cross post this here to spread the word on it.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2008, 03:17 PM
Wanted to cross post this here to spread the word on it.

Do you have a link? It's like searching through Dick Cheney's closet to find one.

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 03:18 PM
Do you have a link? It's like searching through Dick Cheney's closet to find one.
QFE. I can't find it.

RubyEclipse
May 29, 2008, 03:21 PM
Definitely, we actually got a new customer service system in place and we have a specific category for PSU Accounts/Billing now.

help.sega.com

Register for SEGA Pass and you can submit a ticket right away. The new system should also be a lot easier to use than the old one, but if you guys have any questions just ask and I can help you out.

Danny_Dark
May 29, 2008, 03:30 PM
It seems that the "Free Month" is a Lie...

RubyEclipse
May 29, 2008, 03:37 PM
A "free month for all users" was never announced, but there was (and is still) a free play period going on for users affected by Error 65 or anyone stuck in the pending cancel limbo. Likewise any past players who quit playing can return during this period to see the updates and changes to the game.

As it looks like many of the previously 65'd players are getting accounts reactivated, it is admittedly a mixed blessing. While I am glad to see accounts finally getting restored to active status, anyone who is being charged for a partial month also has definite cause to be a little upset, and as posted, should definitely write in to the SEGA billing team at help.sega.com to let them know.

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 03:43 PM
A "free month for all users" was never announced, but there was (and is still) a free play period going on for users affected by Error 65 or anyone stuck in the pending cancel limbo. Likewise any past players who quit playing can return during this period to see the updates and changes to the game.
Should have specified that a long time ago, buddy.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2008, 03:49 PM
I sent in a ticket (well, two actually accidentally :X )

It doesn't take long to sign up, I'd suggest everyone look into their playsega account and send a ticket if you're not getting a full 30 days with your payment.

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 03:50 PM
*waits for confirmation email after signing up for SEGA PASS*

RubyEclipse
May 29, 2008, 03:51 PM
I sent in a ticket (well, two actually accidentally :X )

It doesn't take long to sign up, I'd suggest everyone look into their playsega account and send a ticket if you're not getting a full 30 days with your payment.

Good to hear, and no worries on sending in two. It really is simple and much easier to get rolling than the old, but again if anyone has issues just let us know.

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 04:08 PM
Still waiting on my confirmation email. This new system rocks ;o

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 04:14 PM
*sigh* I won't bother since my account got thirty days for its payment, but I still think the whole thing is stupid. I also find it interesting that the announcement of free play was edited and taken out of the MA:G extension thread (here (http://boards2.sega.com/psu_board/viewtopic.php?t=78721&start=0)), yet the announcement was definitely there before because they forgot to take out this as well:

With Error 65 out of the way, a free promotional period for PC/PS2, fresh leaderboards, and new permanent Live GM Support, things are certainly shaping up and we hope all players can enjoy the event and these improvements. I think they thought that everyone would get free play too, but they weren't expecting people with recurring subscriptitions to get billed because they don't know what the hell they're doing when it comes to the billing system. In fact, I believe Sage told me the reason they're replacing the current billing system is because they don't know how it works. :lol: How convenient that they never said it was free for all, and then what they did say magically disappeared. It was probably okay with SOA too until they found out this happened; then they decided that maybe they could cut some of their $15,000 loss by trying to rationalize us getting billed, rather than attempting to fix it. Amazing.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2008, 04:17 PM
Still waiting on my confirmation email. This new system rocks ;o

I got mine right away, your email must be teh sux

It was probably okay with SOA too until they found us this happened; then they decided that maybe they could cut some of their $15,000 loss by trying to rationalize us getting billed, rather than attempting to fix it. Amazing.

Probablic. I feel like I have to watch my back to play this game now.

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 04:19 PM
I've even told it to resend the email twice now.

Syl
May 29, 2008, 04:23 PM
I'm pretty sure I know what happened. So when I read thsi thread this morning I was like oh shi, better check if I can still log in. The card I used (a gift card) is out of funds so it can't get billed.

But even though it says my account was inactive, I still managed to log in. I think what Sega tried to do is manually bill people since the billing server is still screwed up and can't do it.

The fact that I can still log on without getting billed just makes this all seem really shady...

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 04:26 PM
Oh there we go, they all show up at once 30 minutes later :3

Wiz
May 29, 2008, 04:28 PM
Account was cancelled, but I can still play? O_O

EDIT:

I'm pretty sure I know what happened. So when I read thsi thread this morning I was like oh shi, better check if I can still log in. The card I used (a gift card) is out of funds so it can't get billed.

But even though it says my account was inactive, I still managed to log in.
Yeah, this is what happened to me, too.

Powder Keg
May 29, 2008, 04:31 PM
Yep, I guess people could have cancelled and still played without paying.

This may change soon though, if everyone's account gets fixed.

Dragwind
May 29, 2008, 04:33 PM
Who let the kids mess with the terminals?

*facepalms*

Noblewine
May 29, 2008, 04:36 PM
I looked and nothing changed. However is this something to check on often?

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 04:39 PM
http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2017164&postcount=1

Oh hay gaiz. Dis is what they tried to exclude from their thread. :D

http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2017718&postcount=4

And more proof that it was in that thread.

Hmm... Free play for PS2 / PC players, huh? Doesn't look like that excludes people with recurring subscriptions. Yes, it says it's not an official SEGA event and dates are subject to change, but isn't that just further proof of your incompetence and bullshittery?

WE'RE ONLY GM PEOPLE; WHY THE HELL ARE YOU LISTENING TO US? LOLBut, eh, ten dollars isn't a big deal, and all that will change now is that I'll go on as if PSU doesn't have a single GM. The last run-in I had with one, he was telling me how they know there has been lack of GM support for PSU in the past, but I honestly think it was better in those days. SOA obviously lacks the communication to make sure that the spokespeople for them only tell us correct information. It doesn't help that they hurt that trust even more so by putting on an act and giving us generic excuses to rationalize their mistakes. Oh well.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 05:04 PM
Should have specified that a long time ago, buddy.

But then it wouldn't have looked as good on them.

Amusingly enough, their billing server screwed up again and they got caught in the lie. Now they're separating threads and rewording posts to make it look like that's what they said all along.

This is embarrassingly pathetic.

Tekershee
May 29, 2008, 05:47 PM
But then it wouldn't have looked as good on them.

Amusingly enough, their billing server screwed up again and they got caught in the lie. Now they're separating threads and rewording posts to make it look like that's what they said all along.

This is embarrassingly pathetic.

Perhaps I've gone crazy or you're on about something completely different, but I'm certain I read the whole "blah blah subject to change" line since it was first posted.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 05:59 PM
I don't think rewording was the right word to use. Discard that. >_>

What I meant was that they're trying to make it look like they said something different. A free three weeks for PC/PS2 players has turned into 065ers onry, and that's not what they originally implied.

AlphaDragoon
May 29, 2008, 06:00 PM
Well, I submitted a ticket, here's hoping I get my $10 back.

Hexadecimal
May 29, 2008, 06:12 PM
I got charged TWICE today. How exactly does one go about fixing this?

Sekani
May 29, 2008, 06:19 PM
What I meant was that they're trying to make it look like they said something different. A free three weeks for PC/PS2 players has turned into 065ers onry, and that's not what they originally implied.

Well, since even the 065ers (actually, I think it's mostly them) are getting billed for the full month despite not being able to play for a portion of it, I'd call foul.

Hexadecimal
May 29, 2008, 06:19 PM
Well, since even the 065ers (actually, I think it's mostly them) are getting billed for the full month despite not being able to play for a portion of it, I'd call foul.

I'm getting charged for the month twice >_>

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 06:29 PM
I don't think rewording was the right word to use. Discard that. >_>

They even edited out what they said. lol

beatrixkiddo
May 29, 2008, 06:38 PM
:wacko: That was quick

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us! I am truly sorry that you are expericing
this issue with the billing system.

We are in the midst of repairing our billing servers, and some users
are being activated normally, but their billing cycles have been
altered or are not on their usual schedule.

I have credited your account for the May 29th payment, and you will be
billed next on June 16th, when you will resume a normal billing cycle.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

-Edward
SEGA Support

Proff
May 29, 2008, 07:07 PM
Ow Sega! Please slow down a little; my ass is hurting! When's it going to be my turn?!

Mawile
May 29, 2008, 07:13 PM
http://img388.imageshack.us/img388/8769/666pxsonicteamlogosvgce3.png

Ken_Silver
May 29, 2008, 07:32 PM
Yeah, I get billed again june 6th...

But what about the free period...

Did SEGA dodge the bullet?!?

http://youtube.com/watch?v=n5P1XBq6_tc

Cracka_J
May 29, 2008, 10:10 PM
:wacko: That was quick

Hello,
Thank you for contacting us! I am truly sorry that you are expericing
this issue with the billing system.

We are in the midst of repairing our billing servers, and some users
are being activated normally, but their billing cycles have been
altered or are not on their usual schedule.

I have credited your account for the May 29th payment, and you will be
billed next on June 16th, when you will resume a normal billing cycle.

Please let me know if you have any further questions!

-Edward
SEGA Support

I'm quoting you because that's the exact same cookie cutter message I got.
Looks like they are responding to "hate tickets" in bulk.

o well, got my 9.99 credit, whateva works.

Arika
May 29, 2008, 10:34 PM
seem it is only promotion for those who already in the status of no subscription (those friends that coming back)

thebummers
May 29, 2008, 10:47 PM
I was 065'ed for a little over 5 days so i don't care so much about a free month. But I really get a sneaking suspicion that my auto-rebill on the 10th (why so quick after I just got billed on the 29th exactly?) is gonna be screwed up somehow and I will be offline until the new billing servers are up and working later in June.

Rust
May 30, 2008, 09:42 AM
I have been billed today and yesterday, so i went to ask for my money back on help.sega.com and...

'Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '172.16.24.11' (4) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/themes/client_default/segawest/classes/DatabaseUtils.class.php on line 45
Couldn't connect to SEGA database!'

Hooray, that is great ! *thumbs up*

Really, i'm laughing so hard. I've never seen a company reaching such an amount of failure in so little time.

F-Gattaca
May 30, 2008, 09:55 AM
I have been billed today and yesterday, so i went to ask for my money back on help.sega.com and...

'Warning: mysql_connect() [function.mysql-connect]: Can't connect to MySQL server on '172.16.24.11' (4) in /usr/local/apache2/htdocs/themes/client_default/segawest/classes/DatabaseUtils.class.php on line 45
Couldn't connect to SEGA database!'

Hooray, that is great ! *thumbs up*

Really, i'm laughing so hard. I've never seen a company reaching such an amount of failure in so little time.

Considering just how many people in this community are resorting to "Segac fails" snarks we're just going to have to rename this site "Segac Fails World." Yeesh.

Something is wrong with the server they're using for the database. I tried pinging the IP listed.

All four requests timed out. 100% packetloss. As I'm not a sysadmin I'm not going to speculate too much on why it's not working, but I think it's safe to say it's not what you're probably thinking it is ("lol segac fails at installing mysql!!!!!!!1~!!11") ...

I went and checked my billing status at PlaySega. Apparently, this double billing problem doesn't effect people who've bought half-year subscriptions.

SabZero
May 30, 2008, 10:19 AM
Well, I did get a reply from Edward soon too (pretty much the same, with different dates XD) - so, no harm done.

The Visa system allows for cancelling a debit as if it never happened, so any overdraft charges should be negated too. Have a talk with your bank. If they play hard to get, talk to Visa, they err in favor of the customer.

Uber_Noob
May 30, 2008, 10:35 AM
Luckily I only do the 6 month deal,write it down once in my check book and thats it. Since I dont think I'll be quiting PSU any time soon...unless Sega abandons us . O_o