PDA

View Full Version : PA Rebalance Update

NeoTeppin
May 29, 2008, 12:39 PM
Well as many of u know there is much speculation over this update but after looking over the PSU official forum i found this. One post had a pic from a GM meeting from May 22. http://i162.photobucket.com/albums/t265/EspioKaos/PApatch.png This would indicate that the PA rebalance would come out on 6/6. If so, i have a question for ST. WHY DID U MOVE BACK THE MAG EXTENSION??? They said it was that "we now have to adjust our plans and see how this will affect our schedule for new content." To that i have to wonder, what schedule for new content? They aren't even adding new content during the time that the event would have been extended through.

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 12:43 PM
I was wondering about that too. They said the MAG extension would interfere with the update schedule yet there are no new updates for two weeks. What can I say, except ST probably isn't telling us the whole story. :-? As long as we get our PA rebalance and MAG extension (eventually), I'll be happy.

tihoa
May 29, 2008, 12:52 PM
i thought they said it wouldn't interfere with the updates

stukasa
May 29, 2008, 01:26 PM
i thought they said it wouldn't interfere with the updates
Yes, and that's the reason they moved the extension to June. At least that's what I thought...

RedCoKid
May 29, 2008, 01:51 PM
our plan was to extend MAG for the two weeks when we knew no new content was coming
They knew there wouldn't be an update until June 6, so that is why they originally intended the extension to take place May 23-June 5. The new dates for the extension also will not interfere with their plans for June. Maybe.

APEXi
May 29, 2008, 01:55 PM
i thought we all agreed that anyone under employment by sega is a fucking retard. until it actually happens dont even dwell on any "announcements" these idiots make for even a second.

Kylie
May 29, 2008, 02:03 PM
Oh, look; I'm in that screenie. :oops:

The "pushes back updates" thing is a lie. SEGA just told the GM people to say that because they didn't want us to know the real reason, and they knew the only way they could move it back without pissing off more people than they had to was to say it affected future content, even though they had confirmed that it wouldn't.

Crawdad
May 29, 2008, 03:12 PM
Um hello PS rebalances were shceduled for after the event and they even said that, same with the addition of masterclasses and possibly new missions/story missions, that doesnt ssound like something we'd want to be postponed in favour of 2 more weeks of consecutive MAG.

This clearly makes sens I dont understand what all the fuss is a bout?!?

NeoTeppin
May 29, 2008, 03:16 PM
i didnt say i favoured 2 more consecutive weeks of MAG instead of the PA rebalance, im just wondering y they didnt add the MAG extension immediatly after the conclusion of the original 4 weeks. They said it was because it would affect their schedule for updating, however they havent had anything to update. So basically it was a wasted 2 weeks with no updates whatsoever.

Crawdad
May 29, 2008, 03:22 PM
like someone else posted they usually update in weeks of two or fortnightly, if it had been a consecutive two week continuation following the previous MAG event it would have ended on the 6th and then waited another 2 weeks for the PA adjustment and Whatever else they wanted.

then there's the fact that if the PA adjustment is an XBOX live update then they would have to have it clear with microsoft before ANYTHING which takes more time.

and THEN there's the fact that their incompetencies slow things down, not to mention they announced the extension days before the first MAG actually ended and because I'm sure their useless asses didn't prepare for it, they probably just said Fuck it we'll do it for two weeks later on and give them their long awaited update in between.

McLaughlin
May 29, 2008, 03:26 PM
If you're looking for any rhyme or reason to ST's actions, you're in for a major headache.

Crawdad
May 29, 2008, 03:41 PM
also true...