PDA

View Full Version : Chances of cati / skill pp save dropping?

BioWarrior
May 29, 2008, 11:33 PM
Anyone happen to know the chances of getting a cati / skill pp save to drop? been doin mostly lightning beast S since mag ended and I only have giga / skill pp save and feathers to show for it.

Startin to think im just unlucky since its only about 10mil in shops on 360ver. Tryin to hold off on buyin though as I have nothin else I want to do til PA rebalance.

Starrz
May 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
I found one in Plains Overlord S2 on the first rappy spawn I saw since MAG ended. Wasn't even planning on getting it.

Ffuzzy-Logik
May 29, 2008, 11:45 PM
No, no one knows drop rate figures that are even remotely accurate.

BioWarrior
May 29, 2008, 11:57 PM
Eh oh well atleast the rappys will be stuffed and put into my alts room

F-Gattaca
May 30, 2008, 12:12 AM
One of my friends has a hypothesis that there is a hidden "fatigue" system at work on PSU--the more time you spend spamming a mission (or spend online ... forget how it went) the less likely you are to find rares.

On the other hand, this thread just might prove that false entirely. (http://www.pso-world.com/forums/showthread.php?t=143198)

But who knows? Maybe there is some kind of subtle system that plays with drop chances enough to make it much harder to predict than on PSO.

Darius_Drake
May 30, 2008, 02:57 PM
I was trying to level up a new pa yesterday and went to my usual pa leveling mission (Valley of Carnage). I did one mission and there out the blue was FOI. I invited 3 more people so I could hit every part of the map and wouldn't you know the rappies dropped a cati/skill pp save and it didn't go to me. :( If it wasn't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. I think the game did that to me just to tease me.

Indica
May 30, 2008, 03:02 PM
I found 2 Rappy maps at Sleeping Warrior and just got feathers :/

Mysterious-G
May 30, 2008, 03:28 PM
The fact that the unit even drops only once in average in FOI, which has a 500% drop rate, makes me really wonder. I think it's pretty damn rare.

BioWarrior
May 30, 2008, 03:55 PM
yah i think im better off farming stuff i can sell at a decent price. its not findin rappys that is my problem, its that only feathers drop

PekingDuck13
May 30, 2008, 04:04 PM
The fact that the unit even drops only once in average in FOI, which has a 500% drop rate, makes me really wonder. I think it's pretty damn rare.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think drop rate affects the quality of the drop, so the 500% doesn't really increase the chances of getting the skill save.

Golto
May 30, 2008, 04:13 PM
The 500% increase definetly increases the chances of their best drop. 2 FOIs this week and 3 Cati skills dropped, 0 giga skills dropped.

BioWarrior
May 30, 2008, 04:26 PM
The 500% increase definetly increases the chances of their best drop. 2 FOIs this week and 3 Cati skills dropped, 0 giga skills dropped.

Whats the best way at the moment to get FoI to appear? To this day since it came out I've NEVER been able to get it to appear. Though im sure if I did I wouldn't be able to put a group together that would let me get the cati so I supose I should keep at Lightning Beasts if I want to farm it.

Golto
May 30, 2008, 05:31 PM
If the drop rates of regular Jaggos 100-125 are any indication the drop rate of FOI has to increase the chances of getting the Cati save. Before I broke down and bought a Cati Bullet I was at around 130 Awoken Serpent Jaggos and only 4 giga bullets dropped.

For FOI it depends on if the system you are playing PSU on ever got one of the fixes. You used to be able to get FOI cheaply by doing the Moatoob PA frag exchange missions repeatedly since when you exited that mission is counted as a completion of a mission. There was yet another lie by a GM that we got the full rare mission spawning change last maintence but i saw no word on either of the official sites.

BioWarrior
May 30, 2008, 07:42 PM
If the drop rates of regular Jaggos 100-125 are any indication the drop rate of FOI has to increase the chances of getting the Cati save. Before I broke down and bought a Cati Bullet I was at around 130 Awoken Serpent Jaggos and only 4 giga bullets dropped.

For FOI it depends on if the system you are playing PSU on ever got one of the fixes. You used to be able to get FOI cheaply by doing the Moatoob PA frag exchange missions repeatedly since when you exited that mission is counted as a completion of a mission. There was yet another lie by a GM that we got the full rare mission spawning change last maintence but i saw no word on either of the official sites.

was that pa exchange method fixed on 360?