PDA

View Full Version : For MEN'S eyes only

Scrub
May 30, 2008, 01:29 AM
So Age of Conan is the manliest game around hell yeah.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/398/dekuspicture005lt2.jpg
Here's me chillaxin after fighting some Vanir shitheads. I kept fighting my way up this hill, but whenever Id be about to fight the boss, some other player would come along and attack me while I was low health,a nd Id get sent a bit down the mountain at the respawn point after resting up and have to fight all the way back up to the top haha.

http://img105.imageshack.us/img105/1415/dekuspicture007sr2.jpg
I STAND MIGHTILY IN TRIUMPH OF MY VICTORY OVER THE VANIR OVERLORD.

I never remember to take pictures in-combat cuz you actually have to stay on your toes since it isnt auto-attack bullshit, but I'll try to get some, or maybe even a video or something to throw up in this thread.

I don't even care if anyone ever reads this thread it is now going to be my Age of Conan diary.

Weeaboolits
May 30, 2008, 01:40 AM
Get cooler armor, go go.

Scrub
May 30, 2008, 01:48 AM
Can only wear leather armor right now. I actually think it looks MANLY and BADASS but I guess you kids these days arent happy unless theres crystals floating off of it, or its on fire or some shit.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 01:52 AM
Looks like a zipper on the front.

Fail.

Scrub
May 30, 2008, 02:01 AM
You'd better be trolling.

Because if you aren't you're goddamn retarded.

astuarlen
May 30, 2008, 02:26 AM
I would try this game, but even the website seems so overdone I can't imagine the incredible shreds the game itself would make of my computer. Too metal manly for me

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 03:49 AM
Your leather dress is very masculine, yes. :wacko:

(What the hell is wrong with leather armor anyway, people? Not everything has to be fucking golden full plate with spikes and precious gemstones sticking out of it everywhere, goddamned kids.)

Sord
May 30, 2008, 05:04 AM
Armor meeds more studs and it looks a bit more manufactured rather than something hand made, but then again I'm no tailor. However, I must give props to the helmet, and the specks of blood that show up on it. Truly this man has seen combat.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:09 AM
The look of leather in that game sucks.

There, I said it.

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
I know better, but the phrase 'studded leather armor' always makes me think my character is running around with like, skulls and 'Born To Ride' spelled out on his armor like he's some psychotic biker dude. :wacko:

beatrixkiddo
May 30, 2008, 11:44 AM
To be a man you must have honor... honor and a leather suit of armor from Mediwal-mart :wacko:?

amtalx
May 30, 2008, 11:46 AM
Do you give mustache rides?

Weeaboolits
May 30, 2008, 11:47 AM
Can only wear leather armor right now. I actually think it looks MANLY and BADASS but I guess you kids these days arent happy unless theres crystals floating off of it, or its on fire or some shit.Or just made of steel.

W0LB0T
May 30, 2008, 12:06 PM
i wonder if this game qualifies as "not stopping for directions manly"

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 12:14 PM
He's on top of a mountain in what appears to be the middle of nowhere.

Yeah, it's manly.

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 12:26 PM
REAL men aren't afraid to make sissy pansyboy characters.

...Which explains all my FOmars and my Bard.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 12:42 PM
with my computer's upgrade it might only attempt suicide if i try to play it, it may or may not be successful :wacko:

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 04:04 PM
I guess telling you that your character is ugly is besides the point.

The combat looks fun, though.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 04:12 PM
I guess telling you that your character is ugly is besides the point.

if you spent most of your life living in the wild and in combat with no showers or soap to speak of, you'de probably look pretty ugly to

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 04:14 PM
if you spent most of your life living in the wild and in combat with no showers or soap to speak of, you'de probably look pretty ugly to

The first expansion will include the soaper profession. Collect enough fat from your enemies and you can make bars that you can sell to other players.

Bars of soap give you a temporary personality/charisma boost, which is totally important when you're trying to impress Warlords and Warladies.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 04:16 PM
The first expansion will include the soaper profession. Collect enough fat from your enemies and you can make bars that you can sell to other players.

Bars of soap give you a temporary personality/charisma boost, which is totally important when you're trying to impress Warlords and Warladies.

I loled at the truthiness, but I highly doubt barbarians would stop and take the time to make the stuff.

Scrub
May 31, 2008, 03:12 AM
Got me a new HELMET, and it looks manly as hell.
http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/8852/dekuspicture009oa9.jpg
EFF YEAH

I tried to get some action shots but most them turned out horrible just because I would take pictures at really stupid times, or completely forget to, haha. Here's my booting a guy in the stomach as I drive my sword through his skull. Executions are so awesome.
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4043/dekuspicture011zq1.jpg

I should have taken some pictures of when me and my guildmate Eldrad(an archer) were going around PvPing every asshole we saw. Oh man, one time we were fighting this boss guy, REALLY tough fight, when suddenly this jackass comes out of nowhere and kills us before we could down him. We spawned, and ran like HELL to get back there, and caught him running away from the boss with no health, and slaughtered him mercilessly. Later on, we heal up, and I start to tank the boss like a pro, and suddenly who shows up again but shithead. So I yell on Vent to ignore the guy, because we've almost downed the boss, and we do. So I'm almost dead, at like 10%, and we kill the boss. Then Eldrad uses a stunning move on him, I quick run away and let my awesome buffs heal me up to about 25% as he tries to run at me to desperately get a killing blow, but because Eldrad has been laying him full of a thousand arrows, he's down to like 25% health HIMSELF now, so I charge at him, smack him a few times, and then BEHEAD the motherfucker. Then Eldrad started laughing at him in OOC to troll him and some good laughs came from it. I ran back up to the small encampment/respawn area to turn in the quest, and he's there, and he starts to attack me. I didn't feel like fighting back, so I just sheathed my sword and laughed at him as he attacked me(he was so weak it was taking forever, and he kept taunting me, like he didn't realize I wasn't fighting back). So eventually some higher level characters wander by, and see him just wailing on me with my sword sheathed, and then they slaughter him for hitting me. THEN, some other higher levels see THIS, and thought those guys were ganking, and the encampment suddenly becomes a huge warzone with like, 15 people just going at it, and I sat back watching. Amazingly enough I never died myself, I just sat back watching. Ocasionally someone would run up and start hitting me, but someone ELSE would see the opportunity, and just pounce on them. And when people died, they would respawn right there(willingly, you can choose where you respawn), and use the 20 or so seconds of invulnerability you get to heal up, and then go right back to fighting. There's no stat/resurrection sickness for dying in PvP, so it's all in good fun if you're just having a big fight by the spawn, especially since they can just spawn somewhere else.

Game is so fun it blows my mind. I was laughing so hard over that, goddamn it was unbelievably awesome. I wish I would have got some screens.

NPCMook
May 31, 2008, 03:44 AM
To be a man you must have honor... honor and a leather suit of armor from Mediwal-mart :wacko:?You're doing it wrong!
To be a man you must have honor and a Penis!

Solstis
May 31, 2008, 09:59 AM
No PVP penalties? Ooh.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 10:35 AM
that blood looks like jello :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:14 AM
That bastard stole Midna's helmet!

Scrub
May 31, 2008, 01:17 PM
No PVP penalties? Ooh.

The only real penalty is that you have to respawn at one of the spawn points. This can actually be useful, since you can respawn somewhere far away and save yourself 5-10 minutes of walking. When you die to a monster, you lose your buffs and get a (very small, negligible) death penalty on your attack/magic until you recover your tombstone(its small, but itll add up if you die 2-3 times in a short period of time), but none of that happens when you die to a player, so it's only infuriating when you were about to finish a quest, or dont have a nearby spawn point.

And yeah the blood splatter effect on the screen looks really stupid, haha.

Sord
May 31, 2008, 03:44 PM
The only real penalty is that you have to respawn at one of the spawn points. This can actually be useful, since you can respawn somewhere far away and save yourself 5-10 minutes of walking. When you die to a monster, you lose your buffs and get a (very small, negligible) death penalty on your attack/magic until you recover your tombstone(its small, but itll add up if you die 2-3 times in a short period of time), but none of that happens when you die to a player, so it's only infuriating when you were about to finish a quest, or dont have a nearby spawn point.

And yeah the blood splatter effect on the screen looks really stupid, haha.

any way for two players to simutaneously kill each other to spawn themselves wherever they want?

Scrub
May 31, 2008, 09:20 PM
Maybe with Damage over Time effects.

Scrub
Jun 1, 2008, 01:55 AM
http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/4052/dekuspicture014ht9.jpg
Finally got past level 30, so I can equip HEAVY ARMOR.

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/8780/dekuspicture015sz5.jpg
Oh man, I got this one handed blunt weapon and I had been using swords up until now. For this execution move, first I broke the guy's leg and he went down on one knee, then I just beat his skull in about 5 times until it split open. Awesome.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/9344/dekuspicture016we4.jpg
Just a shot of my guy that I think looked nice, showed off my newest armor, which is already marked with the stain of battle.

http://img49.imageshack.us/img49/1/dekuspicture017xi1.jpg
Well I didn't feel like walking all the way back to town, and I was just so conveniently near this cliff...

http://img47.imageshack.us/img47/7443/dekuspicture018nv5.jpg
Hahaha, falling off a really high place is always nice.

Had a lot of fun with this game, finally got out of my homelands of Cimmeria and have headed off to the Wild Lands of Aquillonia. GOOD TIMES.

VanHalen
Jun 1, 2008, 02:09 AM
Woah, I think this a little to manly and badass for me to take. This makes my doll game PSU look like some pansy stuff.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 1, 2008, 02:12 AM
I feel sorry for you Scrub.

I already know this game will be plagued by little kids. ;/

Sgt_Shligger
Jun 1, 2008, 03:57 AM
I have doubts of that. It's Pay to Play and it's rated M. Two deterrents for kids.

Sord
Jun 1, 2008, 07:45 AM
I have doubts of that. It's Pay to Play and it's rated M. Two deterrents for kids.

Since when did that ever stop kids?

the biggest deterent will be the fact you need a shiny new PC, and that's going to cost shit loads, far more than what any kid has and most parents are willing to spend on them.