PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast?

hucasts_rock
Jan 23, 2003, 09:45 PM
has anyone dusted off their DC just to see how much the GC and DC versions are different since you're used to the GC now? I have and all I have to say is http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_eek.gif...didn't realize I had a 12 star armor with 6 red handguns, and tons of rares...everything I had is legit because I never went online...

PS- not to sound like a noob, but I never played ver 1 or 2 online...what exactly is NOLing?

Elixer
Jan 23, 2003, 09:48 PM
i actually have used my dreamcast once since i got gamecube pso it was to see how to make some of my chat symbols other then that it has collected mad dust

hooray4punkmusic
Jan 23, 2003, 10:01 PM
I've been playing dc latly(my gamecube broke). And i still have my pso ver 2 save. Does it still cost mony to get a hl. And my charecter is level 124. o_0
But that's probopaly crappy know.

Cloud_01
Jan 23, 2003, 10:08 PM
Yeah, I hooked up my DC a couple weeks ago to see what I had and stuff. It was actually kind of easy to find pretty rare stuff. I remember being able to find Parasite Wear Negal in the ULt. Forest and tons of God units in the very hard ruins. Now everything is a lot rarer. It's even harder to find a Db's Saber for me now!

I miss the good old days...

Eden
Jan 23, 2003, 10:11 PM
I loaded it up once after I got Gc. Man things have changed, especially from V1, its not even the same game anymore...

Savrak
Jan 23, 2003, 11:42 PM
Ah the good old days. Was anyone here in the beginning. You know before the NOLing, PKing, Cking, VKing, FSOD, BSOD, and duping. Remember that. You could enter any game and people would be happy to help. LVL 100's we're nice guys to noobs. We would give items and money to them. Memories.

oh yeah and
PK - Player Kill and steal your weapon
CK - Totally destroy your character.
VK - A Rumored thing that killed your VMU.
NOL - Your character is turned into a NPC permantly. It got it's name in that the first NPC used was NOL the lvl 5 Hunewhearl.
FSOD - Frozen Screen of Death
BSOD - Black Screen of Death

hucasts_rock
Jan 23, 2003, 11:55 PM
oh, ok...but who caused NOLing? hackers?

Cloud_01
Jan 24, 2003, 12:04 AM
Actually anyone with a DC gameshark could NOL.They just had to look for the codes for it. It was not just limited to hackers who could hack into the game.

I remember my cousin getting NOLed once. It was not a pretty sight. He lost his level 90 character. Those bastards. I kind of laughed at him for a while though. It was so funny...

hucasts_rock
Jan 24, 2003, 12:28 AM
and it's gonna be the same again now that action replay is coming out...

marcus_com
Jan 24, 2003, 10:42 AM
I live in Europe, I don't have many options but to play on the DC, if I wanna play PSO. So I played a few ours last week, and the week before that. (I've been playing since the European release of PSO)

Ghaleon
Jan 24, 2003, 10:46 AM
i played my dc the other day and i kept trying to use the quick menu thingy and i died like 5 times trying to go through the menu to find an antidote. lol its amazing how much better GC really is and how much more convenient

Yurika
Jan 24, 2003, 12:19 PM
I fired up my DC a week or two ago just to see if there was any difference in graphic quality. I would look at my items and stuff, only I got NOLed back about 8 months or so ago, which is why I just stopped playing. http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif Stupid NOL. Or well, I wasn't really NOLed, I was MADELINEed. Whatever. I don't even recall who Madeline is in any of the quests? Stupid VMU.

Omikron
Jan 24, 2003, 01:40 PM
I'm still playing offline ver.2 to get my PSO fix 'till it comes out on Xbox, but i've been playing it on DC since a few months after the original came out, and the worst thing that everhappened to me was PK, i guess i'm carefull, or simply paranoid... http://www.pso-world.com/psoworld/images/phpbb/icons/smiles/icon_razz.gif

I remember the old days when you could play without worrying...

RedFox
Jan 24, 2003, 01:53 PM
i was NOLed (or rateher NAKAed) on the day i first reached ult mode... i was real pissed off but it took me ages to get to where i'd gotten so i didnt bother restarting... kinda sucked but i finally figured out the whole reason that people love techs as i'd previously only used a HUcast and a RAcaseal

NoeGenisis
Jan 24, 2003, 03:28 PM
I recently exhumed my dreamcast out of the ground and had a bit of a burn on PSO, 20 minutes later i remembered that a gazillion other people were playing the Gamecube version and i only felt like i was being left behind.

So i got the priest to perform the last rites (AGAIN), buried it back under ground where it belongs, curled up in the corner and went back into hibernation until 7th march.

Rich_T
Jan 25, 2003, 07:03 AM
im still playing DC PSO, as the gamecue version doesnt come out here until 7th march.

GohanFan
Jan 25, 2003, 09:01 PM
This got me curious. Which Dreamcast games still feature working on-line play? From what I hear, only a few are still up. Does anyone have any information on this? In addition to the games, what of the browser (should always work right?), games with on-line features such as the Shenmue Passport, Jet Set Radio upload tool, etc. Thanks for any light you guys can shed on this...

Maelkith
Jan 25, 2003, 09:58 PM
lol i just hooked up my dc last night. i rember why i quit playing it now too. i got rsod'ed and lost my srank mechguns the last time i ever went online. i looked for them on all my characters before i remembered.

i played forest ultimate with my racast for a few minutes and found a stag and an ancient saber. kinda funny to see a pre-teched varista and db saber next to each other in orange boxes. i quickly remembered how tough the enemies were as i was 1 hit killed by a bartle critical hit. its also funny to see my hucast with an elysion.

Tekershee
Jan 26, 2003, 05:39 AM
Ah remember when I got NOLed. 3 times in one night but all I did was dived for the Dreamcast and did something. Or was it just to yank the memory card out?
Saved me everytime that did.