PDA

View Full Version : Another New Hot Sauce

Sord
May 30, 2008, 01:47 PM
http://i195.photobucket.com/albums/z121/feisord/FrostbiteMedium.jpg
Got it with some graduation money. It's not super hot, but it's water soluble, tasteless, and won't change colors of what it is added to. It's meant to be mixed into drinks (or soups,) not actually eaten as a sauce. It just makes them spicy (I plan to use it in soups to.)

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 01:54 PM
At least the design on the bottle is cool. :wacko:

It's dead here right now. >_>

Nai_Calus
May 30, 2008, 01:58 PM
Your devotion to spiciness is rather frightening.

Especially shit like that. Fuck, remind me never to eat around you.

Zarode
May 30, 2008, 01:59 PM
(I plan to use it in soups to.)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A4iRRkjmrFk

Randomness
May 30, 2008, 02:06 PM
Er... last I checked, capsaicin isnt water soluble...

Sord
May 30, 2008, 03:07 PM
Er... last I checked, capsaicin isnt water soluble...

yes, that's normally the problem, somehow this allows it. If you read the ingrediants, it says "Vinegar, Water, Salt, Aquaresin of Capsicum" with Aquaresin having that R in a circle thing after it. Which means they probably patented whatever method is used to achieve the effect, which would explain why it is (apparently) the only hot sauce that does this.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 03:19 PM
*gets bottle to make more disinfectant*

Feelmirath
May 30, 2008, 03:27 PM
Hawt.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:45 PM
I just tried some of it in my diet sprite. It's actually quite good, it really does not add any flavor, just a sort of lingering after heat. Imagine the fizz being really strong, like enough to make your taste buds burn a little. That's what the stuff does. You really feel it more in your chest though than you do in your mouth. I can see why it's called frostbite though, you add it to cold drinks.

you know, this is flavorless, I bet I could make ice cream with this..

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:49 PM
Spice B33R?

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
puts a fire in your belly though, don't think you could drink cups of this stuff, you would probably puke. The acidity from the vinegar and the capsicum mixed with the fizz doesn't go well with the stomach. Anyone with acid reflux might be doubled over in pain at this. Redminds me of a time when I was 7 and hadn't quite built my tolerances. Had a bunch of lemonade and the Hooters 3-mile island hotwings. So acidic, sick to my stomach (later though, after the lemonade was out of my system, I reheated them and ate them.) I actually tried the same wings a couple weeks ago to see what it tastes like to me now. They weren't even hot ;/

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:57 PM
Hm.

how about adding the stuff to orange juice? Or some kind of tropical flavored something?

Sord
May 30, 2008, 06:59 PM
Hm.

how about adding the stuff to orange juice? Or some kind of tropical flavored something?

I took it off, but there was a mini pamphlet that came stuck to the bottle. It recomended trying it in soda, juice, and beer. Then it also gave a bunch of alcoholic recipes involving mostly vodka and rum based drinks.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 07:00 PM
*Looks at spice beer post*

lulz.

Tact
May 30, 2008, 07:01 PM
Sord, I bet nobody ever tries to steal your food. Ever. They know that the consequences will be devastating to their digestive systems. :wacko:

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 07:08 PM
'Bout time they saw my sig.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 07:10 PM
Sord, I bet nobody ever tries to steal your food. Ever. They know that the consequences will be devastating to their digestive systems. :wacko:

that is more or less true in my family, ignorant outsiders beware

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 07:52 PM
i don't like dead babies anyways