PDA

View Full Version : Marjiuana is worse than cigerettes

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:12 PM
I'm so fucking annoyed at these stupid high schoolers saying, "Pot doesn't do anything bad to you, it's good for you, etc.".

It must be doing SOMETHING if you think that.

Fact is, you're inhaling smoke. That in itself is bad. The pesticides on it, the methods of transportation(e.g., in some hooker's STD filled anus in a condom mixed with crack), and other things, make this shit bad. I could tell you about the chemicals that fuck with you brain and dull your senses, but that's old news, right? The little shitheads that smoke this crap think they know all about it, merely because they light it on (compressed?)fire and inhale the contents.

*sigh* I just wish these idiots would know the REAL facts, then smoke the stuff. Just so they're at least not fed false information.

SStrikerR
May 30, 2008, 06:15 PM
Even if they knew, they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
Yeah, but at least it would prevent them from saying stupid shit like that.

Kylie
May 30, 2008, 06:16 PM
(e.g., in some hooker's STD filled anus in a condom mixed with crack)XD

I don't know; I don't think smoking cigarettes or marijuana is a smart thing to do.

Darkly
May 30, 2008, 06:21 PM
alcohol is still worse though lol.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:28 PM
Stunt growth potion, GO.

amtalx
May 30, 2008, 06:34 PM
Bleach > Alcohol

Indica
May 30, 2008, 06:34 PM
I'm so fucking annoyed at these stupid high schoolers saying, "Pot doesn't do anything bad to you, it's good for you, etc.".

It must be doing SOMETHING if you think that.

Fact is, you're inhaling smoke. That in itself is bad. The pesticides on it, the methods of transportation(e.g., in some hooker's STD filled anus in a condom mixed with crack), and other things, make this shit bad. I could tell you about the chemicals that fuck with you brain and dull your senses, but that's old news, right? The little shitheads that smoke this crap think they know all about it, merely because they light it on (compressed?)fire and inhale the contents.

*sigh* I just wish these idiots would know the REAL facts, then smoke the stuff. Just so they're at least not fed false information.

Your wrong, Tobacco is more dangerous for you, in fact, Caffeine and Aspirin is more dangerous for you compared to Marijuana.

Annual American Deaths From:

Tobacco ------------- 400,000
Alcohol ------------- 100,000
All Legal Drugs ----- 20,000
All Illegal Drugs --- 15,000
Caffeine ------------ 2,000
Aspirin ------------- 500
Marijuana ----------- 0

You are correct about smoke, any kind of smoke inhaled is not good for you. The healthiest way of consuming Marijuana is Eating and Drinking and smoking though a water vaporizer.

You really should read this book by Jack Herer called- The Emperor Wears No Clothes - Book Chapters

http://www.jackherer.com/chapters.html

>

Uncle_bob
May 30, 2008, 06:37 PM
Inbefore shitstorm. As a general rule, inhaling anything that isn't air is probably a bad idea.

Seority
May 30, 2008, 06:48 PM
I guess we can all agree all those things are bad for you in some way. As far as what is worse, I'd have to say sigs cigs.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 06:56 PM
Your wrong, Tobacco is more dangerous for you, in fact, Caffeine and Aspirin is more dangerous for you compared to Marijuana.

Marijuana ----------- 0

You are correct about smoke, any kind of smoke inhaled is not good for you. The healthiest way of consuming Marijuana is Eating and Drinking and smoking though a water vaporizer.

You really should read this book by Jack Herer called- The Emperor Wears No Clothes - Book Chapters

>
Ya can't really say people died of those directly, I think. I'm not talking about people dying, I'm talking about the idiots that say this shit is GOOD for you. Or it does nothing bad, blah blah blah.

The healthiest way of consuming Marijuana is Eating and Drinking and smoking though a water vaporizer.
Contradiction. The drug itself(Mari-ju-wana be a drug) isn't particularly heathy in any way, shape, or form.

Sord
May 30, 2008, 07:09 PM
I've heard both ends of the story, and frankly I don't really know what to believe. I'm not going to bother doing the stuff, and even if it doesn't kill the person, I've known people who do smoke the stuff. Usually when they start they become lazy and don't want to do much... 'cept smoke pot. It never seems that dangerous in terms of actual health, it's just highly addictive, which can lead to smoking it a lot and that will cause damage (as would smoking anything or taking to much of any medicine or chemical.)

BlaizeYES
May 30, 2008, 07:12 PM

Marijuana ----------- 0

>

lol. i'm sorry, i was actually hoping for a response like that and i cant stop laughing. theres always at least one of them in every group. the same kids that give their debate topic in class being "why weed should be legalized," as if the other 3 million unoriginal "nerds who turned pothead to fit in in college." personally, i think thats trying too hard, and the genuine "stoners" in the class arent giving you a round of applause for talking about smoking. funny, how the kids that try to make themselves seem like THE ULTIMATE "POTHEADS" feel that it is their job to know as much as they can about weed, as if they are competing against "budsmoka420" on instant messanger for "who knows the most useless shit about smoking." this isnt FAST TIMES AT RIDGEMONT HIGH, and you arent spicolli. nobody likes you beause they think you are a TOOL, aside from your other "stoner" friends(which you probably only have about 5) that also try too hard to fit in.

now i'm sorry for going after you. i really dont care what your hobbies are, son, because i could care less either way. but please... tone it down. the marijuana leaf, the statistical facts about "smokin bud," your "techniques and different objects to use in preferred smoking"... its as if you were waiting for this topic for too long so you could seem like a true "pothead." just spouting off random facts doesnt make you a conosseuir of cannibis, it just looks like you're trying too hard to fit the image of (in the terms of south park) "a know-it-all college hippy." theres nothing more annoying. be original for once JESUS

and now, after that, i must get dressed, take some ASPIRIN for my headache(hopefully i dont DIE from that, i better "smoke a lil bud to settle my head down"), smoke some CIGARETTES because its more dangerous and i think i'm EDGY, and then chase it with a MOUNTAIN DEW and hope that i am not one of the TWO THOUSAND that dies from it. jesus bro, with all of these threats on my life with substances i take every so often, i might as well call up some "stoners" and have them smoke me out, all because of that awesome debate you gave us, man. you really hit the spot. and if that wasnt the reason you made that post, you really convinced me that you're most definitely a grade A stoner, bro. congratulations.

alright, thats enough of my rant-within-a-rant. i hate wiggers, and i hate kids that try too hard to be stoners... my two weaknesses. i am done for the night. GOODBYE

VanHalen
May 30, 2008, 07:16 PM
Even if they knew, they probably wouldn't give a damn anyway.

This is true. I had a health fair in my school that I was a vendor for(great way to flirt with girls but thats for another day). I added weed info to my group's presentation board just for people who would say it's safer than tobacco. I mainly put it on there for my best friend who started smoking blunts lately. I've even shown him that smoking pot gives you a greater risk of lung cancer than tobacco. All he said was "Fuck, I don't give a shit" and went off to the condom person.

Though one thing in marijuana's defense is it can help with glaucoma.

thunder-ray
May 30, 2008, 07:28 PM
I agree with the OP 100% main reason why I dont smoke cigs or pot.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 07:29 PM
All he said was "Fuck, I don't give a shit" and went off to the condom person.

If that actually happened...*looks at original post*

:wacko:

VanHalen
May 30, 2008, 07:38 PM
If that actually happened...*looks at original post*

:wacko:

Hmm if that what is in the ones distributed today, I'm glad I couldn't really move from the booth O_O. I had to stay a majority of the time since I was apparently good with people. I think my friend was just as good D:

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
I'd rather casually drink than smoke pot. A beer or two every few day won't stop me from getting a job.

Like Sord, I'm not to sure about the health risks, but I'm not going to risk my future over a drug test.

Anyway, it's probably more likely for me to die from eating bacteria-infested Spinach or lung cancer from smoking (if I smoked) than dying *directly* from alcohol. I don't drive drunk or drink to excess, so the statistics are meaningless.

ABDUR101
May 30, 2008, 08:11 PM
Everything in moderation, children. You're all bitching about people who are excessive pot smokers/drinkers/cig smokers who pretty much have nothing better to do.

My cousin smokes pot, it's a recreational thing, he doesn't do it during the week when he has to goto work, and he's stopped drinking(which he only did on occasion aswell) due to having un-related stomach ulcers. He doesn't smoke cigs.

I personally don't care one way or another, aslong as someone isn't being a douchebag when I'm around they can light a blunt or have a drink; but when the douchebaggery starts I just leave. The only time I got pissed was when my nephew decided to light a joint while we were driving somewhere.

"Hey, do you mind if I spark one up?"
"Yeah, jackass, because I'm in the car with you. Smoke when you get home, not in the car where we could get pulled over. Get caught on your own time."

Indica
May 30, 2008, 08:33 PM
You are very correct, Everything in moderation is the key. To much of anything in life is not good for you.

The big problem in society is that the majority of people have addictive personalities and compulsive problems. Marijuana it self is not addictive, but "habit forming".

AlexCraig
May 30, 2008, 08:37 PM
The healthiest way of consuming Marijuana is Eating and Drinking and smoking though a water vaporizer.

Say's he with weed in his sig :wacko:

This reminds me of a guy I used to work with at the Ebay Store. He is one of those guys who believe that marijuana is good for you. Say the slightest thing against it and he'll go into an hour-long (literally) rant about how he is right and that we are all just giving in to popular belief. It was actually pretty funny a lot of the time, but after a while it just got annoying.

Somewhat related, he is also a firm believer in the Mayan calendar. One time, we got into a conversation about it and how he thinks the world will end at that time everyone talks about. I swear, he must've been high at the time.

Alex: Alright, tell you what. When the time comes and nothing happens, you'll owe me a beer.
Cason: Okay, and when the time comes and it does happen, you have to smoke pot.
Alex *Thinks (lolwut? Dude, I'll be dead if anything happens :lol: )* Okay.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 08:39 PM
You are very correct, Everything in moderation is the key. To much of anything in life is not good for you.

The big problem in society is that the majority of people have addictive personalities and compulsive problems. Marijuana it self is not addictive, but "habit forming".

Lol drug, amirite?

You guys seem to be missing my point. The only thing i'm really ranting about is these idiots saying stuff like it's good for you.

I honestly couldn't care what you do, just don't spurt off false information about it.

Zarode
May 30, 2008, 10:27 PM
Harder on your lungs then cigs, and kills brain cells. Make you fatter then a wheel barrel when you get constant munchies.

Nope, obviously does nothing. :wacko:

Indica
May 30, 2008, 11:19 PM
Harder on your lungs then cigs, and kills brain cells. Make you fatter then a wheel barrel when you get constant munchies.

Nope, obviously does nothing. :wacko:

Marijuana does not kill "any" not one brain cell. That is a bunch of BS. Government experts finally admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells

The human brain has special receptors specifically designed to work with THC, which is the main active ingredient in Marijuana. Similar brain receptors are designed when you get a running/jogging high.

Cocaine on the other hand physically attacks and damages the central nervous system.

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:21 PM
I am skeptic, hear me :lol: !

Indica
May 30, 2008, 11:22 PM
Your stating nothing but myths, being fat , lol.

Actually Hemp Seed oil is like the healthiest substance for humans and animals. The oil contains all the amino acids which are a necessity to the digestive system.

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 11:23 PM
Marijuana does not kill "any" not one brain cell. That is a bunch of BS. Government experts finally admit that pot doesn't kill brain cells

The human brain has special receptors specifically designed to work with THC, which is the main active ingredient in Marijuana. Similar brain receptors are designed when you get a running/jogging high.

Cocaine on the other hand physically attacks and damages the central nervous system.

Yes, government experts, precisely. Mhm.

Also, "Just say know" is grammatically incorrect in such an obnoxious manner that I suspect a marketing team in New York City came up with it.

In a world in which wireless communications can give you cancer, growth hormones roam freely in water supplies, and eating fish is considered a risk, I'm sure that Marijuana is perfectly capable of screwing with your brain. Whether or not it's worth worrying about is up to each individual (or governing bodies).

Also#2: Kudos to Blaize for pointing out the hipster-advocate archetype.

Weeaboolits
May 30, 2008, 11:46 PM
Don't feel like reading all of this right now, so I may say something that's already been said.

That said, cigarettes are argueably worse in that nicotine is one of the most addictive known substances.

Marijuana isn't actually physically addictive if memory serves, rather it's addictive in the same way candy is, you enjoy it and want more, rather than an actual chemical dependency.

I'd much rather avoid the whole mess though, they both suck.

Also the idea of cigarettes is rather odd, who decided to hack up a plant, wrap it in paper, light it on fire and suck on it?

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 12:21 AM
Also the idea of cigarettes is rather odd, who decided to hack up a plant, wrap it in paper, light it on fire and suck on it?

All the cool kids are doing it.

/thread.

Shadix
May 31, 2008, 12:39 AM
I'm surprised by how naive most of you are on this subject. Being "anti-marijuana" myself I have an odd stance on the subject. I have friends who got "drawn into it", and at first I was so pissed off at them I tried everything in my power to narc them, to "save" them from themselves so to speak. I decided to do some research instead of going off the bull TV and other campaign ads you see, and I learned that there is quite a bit that is misconstrued on the subject.

I'm not saying marijuana is "good" for you, I'm just saying that its supposed negative effects are widely overstated do to a huge campaign to crush all usage do to some old 50s hypothesis that marijuana leads to hardcore druggies. All these anti-drug corporations largely overstate marijuana's "potency" and "harmfulness" to draw people away. People see "marijuana is bad for you", and without looking into it they develop a negatively biased opinion towards it without actually knowing anything about it, like the OP. I still wish my friend's wouldn't do it, because they are still breaking the law, not to mention I think people who intentionally break the law are rather trash. :\

One of the odd things I found was its medical application. Not only can but can it help you from developing Alzheimer's disease, (which is kindof ironic as the most notable feature of supposed stoners is that they seem to have poor memories and think slow.) it also appears that it may have therapeutic properties in the treatment of cancer. Tell me one positive thing cigarettes or alcohol do for you?

It's toxicity is also so low I'd almost argue you'd have a better chance of dying from a greasy hamburger than marijuana overdose. How many people who smoke or drink can say that? People drop dead from drinking too much. It's virtually impossible to die of marijuana poisoning. Now, I'm sure you could have something similar to drunk driving, however I've never heard of this occuring, and marijuana "trips" are generally much much shorter in duration than drunkenness, although this depends apparently on the way it's consumed.

This whole gateway drug "hypothesis" is a bit questionable at best. I mean, would it still be a gateway drug if it was legal? I can see people wanting to do the harder stuff if they are already conciously trying to break the law, but I don't think that marijuana plays a specific role. People "start out" on cocaine, meth, and all that nasty stuff every day. As far as my view on that policy though, lets take a twist on this hypothesis and use caffeinated beverages instead.

Am I more vulnerable to drinking soda because I drink tea? Am I more "vulnerable" to drinking energy drinks, which have been proven to be bad for you, because I drink soda? I mean, this is surely a more straightforward example. The drugs they suggest marijuana leading into surprising have very little in common with the drug, other than the supposed tendency to want to "break the law".

Should it be legal? I don't know, but if they are going to keep this "light" drug illegal they should do something about alcohol and tobacco products. I'd rather people be smoking Marijuana than getting drunk or smoking themselves into lung cancer. I'll never do it, I just think we would be better off with MJ than alcohol\tobacco. Do you have any idea the crap they put in cigarettes? Marijuana that isn't chemically altered is SOOO much better for you on a scale of bad to decent.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 12:45 AM
It's virtually impossible to die of marijuana poisoning.
Are you insane? SMOKE MAN. smoke=no good.

As for the rest of your post, bleh. All we really look for is facts, and none of what we posted might even be true. No proof. :/

MJ isn't physically addicting, true, but it's psychologically addicting, and that can be 100 times worse than physical.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2008, 12:50 AM

As for the rest of your post, bleh. All we really look for is facts, and none of what we posted might even be true. No proof. :/

MJ isn't physically addicting, true, but it's psychologically addicting, and that can be 100 times worse than physical.Not really, morphine withdrawal can be lethal, I'm talking about the withdrawal itself, physical addiction can be rather nasty, particularly opiates.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 12:51 AM
Did you quote the wrong post, by any chance? I dun get what'cha said. ^^;

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2008, 01:13 AM
Referring only to the last sentence of your post.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 01:21 AM
Oh. From what I keep learning differently (>_>) It's mostly psycological, which leads to the physical addiction.

Ketchup345
May 31, 2008, 01:39 AM
Looks like he just needed to quote your last sentence. He was saying that physical addictions can be much worse than most psychological. Psychological addiction usually doesn't lead to death (as far as I am aware), physical addiction can.

From my memory from lessons when it comes to drugs, it is not very addictive in either way (definitely not physically). Sadly I can't find the powerpoints from last semester, so I can't quote those. I do remember that the drug schedules for the Controlled Substances Act are weird in the placement of some drugs. I'll look for the powerpoints later if anyone wants to know if they say much that is relevant.

Syl
May 31, 2008, 01:51 AM
I don't think the real threat comes from smoking weed directly, but it's related.

Weed makes you do stupid shit. You say/do things you wouldn't if you weren't high. It makes people do crazy stuff just so they can get some. I had a friend who's brother died because of it. He was buying some weed and two guys stabbed him and the dealer... over weed.

One of my cousins is a marijuana dealer, and he's already been point-blanked in the face with a gun. For what? Over some stupid weed.

People's intuition and inhibitions go to moot as well. Although I'm not certain it kills brain cells or not, it might as well since you're going to turn out that way.

One thing though that pisses me off the most about pot is the people who "research" it in order to gain a defense from others who are opposed to it. Suddenly, they are bio-chem masters and have a PhD in the field of human physiology. Because they did the testing themselves and totally didn't read it from the internet on some biased facts page :wacko:

Well that's just my 2 cents.

Ketchup345
May 31, 2008, 02:46 AM
It makes people do crazy stuff just so they can get some. I had a friend who's brother died because of it. He was buying some weed and two guys stabbed him and the dealer... over weed.

One of my cousins is a marijuana dealer, and he's already been point-blanked in the face with a gun. For what? Over some stupid weed.Many will bring up the idea of regulating sales much like alcohol and tobacco are done. Legalize (de-criminalize, etc), tax, and probably set minimum age. This may decrease at least some of those problems to an extent. Was your friend's brother stabbed because the stabbers wanted it, or was it a problem with the dealer and the stabbers? Same thing about your cousin: dealer rivalry (or owed money) or to obtain some?That would make a difference in the argument.

Syl
May 31, 2008, 03:37 AM
I'm not 100% sure on the details with my friend's bro since it's been quite some time, but what the cops told him was that he just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time. It WAS probably just a dealer rivalry, but like I said I'm not 100% sure.

The thing about my cousin though was definitely just trying to get his stash stolen and it was pretty recent. He's stopped doing it since he came to his senses about it, so that's a good thing that came out of it.

EphekZ
May 31, 2008, 04:39 AM
Granted they're both bad in their own regards, the cigs take the cake. It's common sense.
Although this thread is pretty loltastic.
You have the full-on EVERYBODY SMOKE BRO!!!! which just blabbers acting like the bud is a god.
Btw, that receptor nonsense you were saying. THC forces the endorphins(or whatever) to be released. Your body becomes used to the forced release so it "forgets" how to release them without the THC. This is what leads to the physical dependence. It's not fun. You're just too gung-ho about this substance. Sounds like you need to chill with it in real life.

Then we have the people who are so straight-edge they force it on others. I know you're acting like you care and what not. But all you're doing is pissing people off forcing your opinions. No one wants to hear it, if someone wants to quit, or stay away from drugs, they'll do it. People don't quit a habit unless they're forced to, I.E- Life goes to shit. and even then it's HARDDD. So, just save your breath.

As for the main topic; I've quit the weed, but the cigs I still can't quit. It's hard. and the amount of shit poured into these death sticks should be enough of a reason to see why they're worse. Hell, I think 98% of it is carcinogenic. I think you should at least change the title to "Marijuana is bad, MMK?" :wacko:

Indica
May 31, 2008, 05:43 AM
You have the full-on EVERYBODY SMOKE BRO!!!! which just blabbers acting like the bud is a god.
Btw, that receptor nonsense you were saying. THC forces the endorphins(or whatever) to be released. Your body becomes used to the forced release so it "forgets" how to release them without the THC. This is what leads to the physical dependence. It's not fun. You're just too gung-ho about this substance. Sounds like you need to chill with it in real life.

Wow, just wow, you like totally missed every nail you tried to hit there.

1- Where have I said everyone should smoke weed? I don't think everyone should smoke it and dont expect it for everyone. Just as like I would not expect everyone to enjoy and have Tuna Fish.

2- I have not smoked weed in almost 2 years due to my job

3 - The Marijuana/Hemp plant is a true gift from God. There is over 20,000 uses for this plant aside from getting "Stoned"

4- Just LOL, endorphis what and something forced brain to "forget" what? Here is the true Scientific Low down on Marijuana Brain Chemistry

RECEPTORS IN THE BRAIN

The locations of the cannabinoid receptors are most revealing of the way THC acts on the brain, but the importance of this determination is best understood in comparison with the effects of other drugs on the brain.

Neurons are brain cells which process information. Neurotransmitter chemicals enable them to communicate with each other by their release into the gap between the neurons. This gap is called the synapse. Receptors are actually proteins in neurons which are specific to neurotransmitters, and which turn various cellular mechanisms on or off.

Neurons can have thousands of receptors for different neurotransmitters, causing any neurotransmitter to have diverse effects in the brain. Drugs affect the production, release or re-uptake (a regulating mechanism) of various neurotransmitters. They also mimic or block actions of neurotransmitters, and can interfere with or enhance the mechanisms associated with the receptor.

Dopamine is a neurotransmitter which is associated with extremely pleasurable sensations, so that the neural systems which trigger dopamine release are known as the "brain reward system." The key part of this system is identified as the mesocorticolimbic pathway, which links the dopamine-production area with the nucleus of accumbens in the limbic system, an area of the brain which is associated with the control of emotion and behavior.

Cocaine, for example, blocks the re-uptake of dopamine so that the brain, lacking biofeedback, keeps on producing it. Amphetamines also block the re-uptake of dopamine, and stimulate additional production and release of it. Opiates activate neural pathways that increase dopamine production by mimicking opioid-peptide neurotransmitters which increase dopamine activity in the ventral tegmental area of the brain where the neurotransmitter originates.

Opiates work on three receptor sites, and in effect restrain an inhibitory amino acid, gamma-aminobutyric acid, that otherwise would slow down or halt dopamine production. All of these substances can produce strong reinforcing properties that can seriously influence behavior. The rewarding properties of dopamine are what accounts for animal studies in which animals will forgo food and drink or willingly experience electric shocks in order to stimulate the brain reward system.

It is now widely held that drugs of abuse directly or indirectly affect the brain reward system. The key clinical test of whether a substance is a drug of abuse potential or not is whether administration of the drug reduces the amount of electrical stimulation needed to produce self-stimulation response, or dopamine production. This is an indication that a drug has reinforcing properties, and that an individual's use of the drug can lead to addictive and other harmful behavior.

To be precise, according to the Office of Technological Assessment (OTA): "The capacity to produce reinforcing effects is essential to any drug with significant abuse potential." Marijuana should no longer be considered a serious drug abuse because, as summarized by the OTA: "Animals will not self-administer THC in controlled studies . . . . Cannabinoids generally do not lower the threshold needed to get animals to self-stimulate the brain regard system, as do other drugs of abuse."

Marijuana does not produce reinforcing effects. The definitive experiment which measures drug-induced dopamine production utilizes microdialysis is live, freely-moving rats.

Brain microdialysis has proven that opiates, cocaine, amphetamines, nicotine and alcohol all affect dopamine production, whereas marijuana does not. This latest research confirms and explains Hollister's 1986 conclusion about cannabis and addiction: "Physical dependence is rarely encountered in the usual patterns, despite some degree of tolerance that may develop." Most important, the discoveries of Howlett and Devane, Herkenham and their associates demonstrate that the cannabinoid receptors do not influence the dopamine reward system.

CANNABINOID RECEPTORS

Research has enabled scientists to know which portions of the brain control various body functions, and this knowledge has been used to explain the pharmacological properties of drugs that activate receptor sites in the brain.

There is a dense concentration of cannabinoid binding sites in the basal ganglia and the cerebellum of the base-brain, both of which affect movement and coordination. This discovery will aid in determining the actual physical mechanism by which THC affects spasticity and provides therapeutic benefits to patients with multiple sclerosis and other spastic disorders.

While there are cannabinoid receptors in the ventromedial striatum and basal ganglia which are areas associated with dopamine production, no cannabinoid receptors have been found in dopamine-producing neurons, and as mentioned above, no reinforcing properties have been demonstrated in animal studies.

There is one study by Gardner and Lowinson, involving inbred Lewis rats, in which doses of THC lowered the amount of electrical stimulation required to trigger the brain reward system. However, no one has been able to replicate the results with any other species of rat, or any other animal.

The finding is believed to be the result of some inbred genetic variation in the inbred species, and is both widely mentioned in the literature and disregarded. According to Herkenham and his associates, "There are virtually no reports of fatal cannabis overdose in humans.

The safety reflects the paucity of receptors in medullary nuclei that mediate respiratory and cardiovascular functions." This is also why cannabinoids have great promise as analgesics or painkillers, in that they do not depress the function of the heart or the lungs.

In this respect, they are far superior to opiates, which decrease the entire physiological system because the receptors are all over the medulla as well as the brain. Marijuana is distinguished from most other illicit drugs by the locations of its brain-receptor sites for two predominant reasons: (1) The lack of receptors in the medulla significantly reduces the possibility of accidental, or even deliberate, death from THC, and (2) the lack of receptors in the mesocorticolimbic pathway significantly reduces the risks of addiction and serious physical dependence. As a therapeutic drug, these features are God's greatest gifts.

Indica
May 31, 2008, 06:12 AM
Top 10 Marijuana Studies Our Government Wished it Had Never Funded

10) MARIJUANA USE HAS NO EFFECT ON MORTALITY: A massive study of California HMO members funded by the National Institute on Drug Abuse (NIDA) found marijuana use caused no significant increase in mortality. Tobacco use was associated with increased risk of death. Sidney, S et al. Marijuana Use and Mortality. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 87 No. 4, April 1997. p. 585-590. Sept. 2002.

9) HEAVY MARIJUANA USE AS A YOUNG ADULT WON'T RUIN YOUR LIFE: Veterans Affairs scientists looked at whether heavy marijuana use as a young adult caused long-term problems later, studying identical twins in which one twin had been a heavy marijuana user for a year or longer but had stopped at least one month before the study, while the second twin had used marijuana no more than five times ever. Marijuana use had no significant impact on physical or mental health care utilization, health-related quality of life, or current socio-demographic characteristics. Eisen SE et al. Does Marijuana Use Have Residual Adverse Effects on Self-Reported Health Measures, Socio-Demographics or Quality of Life? A Monozygotic Co-Twin Control Study in Men. Addiction. Vol. 97 No. 9. p.1083-1086. Sept. 1997

8) THE "GATEWAY EFFECT" MAY BE A MIRAGE: Marijuana is often called a "gateway drug" by supporters of prohibition, who point to statistical "associations" indicating that persons who use marijuana are more likely to eventually try hard drugs than those who never use marijuana — implying that marijuana use somehow causes hard drug use. But a model developed by RAND Corp. researcher Andrew Morral demonstrates that these associations can be explained "without requiring a gateway effect." More likely, this federally funded study suggests, some people simply have an underlying propensity to try drugs, and start with what's most readily available. Morral AR, McCaffrey D and Paddock S. Reassessing the Marijuana Gateway Effect. Addiction. December 2002. p. 1493-1504.

7) PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK (PART I): The White House had the National Research Council examine the data being gathered about drug use and the effects of U.S. drug policies. NRC concluded, "the nation possesses little information about the effectiveness of current drug policy, especially of drug law enforcement." And what data exist show "little apparent relationship between severity of sanctions prescribed for drug use and prevalence or frequency of use." In other words, there is no proof that prohibition — the cornerstone of U.S. drug policy for a century — reduces drug use. National Research Council. Informing America's Policy on Illegal Drugs: What We Don't Know Keeps Hurting Us. National Academy Press, 2001. p. 193.

6) PROHIBITION DOESN'T WORK (PART II: DOES PROHIBITION CAUSE THE "GATEWAY EFFECT"?): U.S. and Dutch researchers, supported in part by NIDA, compared marijuana users in San Francisco, where non-medical use remains illegal, to Amsterdam, where adults may possess and purchase small amounts of marijuana from regulated businesses. Looking at such parameters as frequency and quantity of use and age at onset of use, they found no differences except one: Lifetime use of hard drugs was significantly lower in Amsterdam, with its "tolerant" marijuana policies. For example, lifetime crack cocaine use was 4.5 times higher in San Francisco than Amsterdam. Reinarman, C, Cohen, PDA, and Kaal, HL. The Limited Relevance of Drug Policy: Cannabis in Amsterdam and San Francisco. American Journal of Public Health. Vol. 94, No. 5. May 2004. p. 836-842.

5) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART I): Federal researchers implanted several types of cancer, including leukemia and lung cancers, in mice, then treated them with cannabinoids (unique, active components found in marijuana). THC and other cannabinoids shrank tumors and increased the mice's lifespans. Munson, AE et al. Antineoplastic Activity of Cannabinoids. Journal of the National Cancer Institute. Sept. 1975. p. 597-602.

4) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER, (PART II): In a 1994 study the government tried to suppress, federal researchers gave mice and rats massive doses of THC, looking for cancers or other signs of toxicity. The rodents given THC lived longer and had fewer cancers, "in a dose-dependent manner" (i.e. the more THC they got, the fewer tumors). NTP Technical Report On The Toxicology And Carcinogenesis Studies Of 1-Trans- Delta-9-Tetrahydrocannabinol, CAS No. 1972-08-3, In F344/N Rats And B6C3F(1) Mice, Gavage Studies. See also, "Medical Marijuana: Unpublished Federal Study Found THC-Treated Rats Lived Longer, Had Less Cancer," AIDS Treatment News no. 263, Jan. 17, 1997.

3) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART III): Researchers at the Kaiser-Permanente HMO, funded by NIDA, followed 65,000 patients for nearly a decade, comparing cancer rates among non-smokers, tobacco smokers, and marijuana smokers. Tobacco smokers had massively higher rates of lung cancer and other cancers. Marijuana smokers who didn't also use tobacco had no increase in risk of tobacco-related cancers or of cancer risk overall. In fact their rates of lung and most other cancers were slightly lower than non-smokers, though the difference did not reach statistical significance. Sidney, S. et al. Marijuana Use and Cancer Incidence (California, United States). Cancer Causes and Control. Vol. 8. Sept. 1997, p. 722-728.

2) OOPS, MARIJUANA MAY PREVENT CANCER (PART IV): Donald Tashkin, a UCLA researcher whose work is funded by NIDA, did a case-control study comparing 1,200 patients with lung, head and neck cancers to a matched group with no cancer. Even the heaviest marijuana smokers had no increased risk of cancer, and had somewhat lower cancer risk than non-smokers (tobacco smokers had a 20-fold increased lung cancer risk). Tashkin D. Marijuana Use and Lung Cancer: Results of a Case-Control Study. American Thoracic Society International Conference. May 23, 2006.

1) MARIJUANA DOES HAVE MEDICAL VALUE: In response to passage of California's medical marijuana law, the White House had the Institute of Medicine (IOM) review the data on marijuana's medical benefits and risks. The IOM concluded, "Nausea, appetite loss, pain and anxiety are all afflictions of wasting, and all can be mitigated by marijuana." While noting potential risks of smoking, the report added, "we acknowledge that there is no clear alternative for people suffering from chronic conditions that might be relieved by smoking marijuana, such as pain or AIDS wasting." The government's refusal to acknowledge this finding caused co-author John A. Benson to tell the New York Times that the government "loves to ignore our report … they would rather it never happened." Joy, JE, Watson, SJ, and Benson, JA. Marijuana and Medicine: Assessing the Science Base. National Academy Press. 1999. p. 159. See also, Harris, G. FDA Dismisses Medical Benefit From Marijuana. New York Times. Apr. 21, 2006

Mio
May 31, 2008, 06:44 AM
Mmm I don't like drugs or alchol.
But other people can do what they want with their bodies ^^;
As long as they dont force me to do the same...

But I want to break a lance in favor of the anti-prohibition:

I'm from Italy, here there's no sort of alchol prohibition, you can drink even at age 1 if you want to.

Italy is the country where people drink less. Teenagers don't find drinking to be "fun" because it's prohibited.

SStrikerR
May 31, 2008, 10:18 AM
All the cool kids are doing it.

/thread.

Oh damn...I'm not cool then. Anyone got some shit for me to smoke/inhale/putinmymouthandsuckon?

lulz

Leviathan
May 31, 2008, 10:27 AM
I'm against ANY kind of drug.
Marijuana is stupid in my opinion. It just make you do stupid stuff that you wouldn't do if you were sober.

Ex1. Pissing in public.

Ex2. Becoming so desperate for food that you attempt to eat anything you can put in your mouth. <I knew a girl who broke a bag of chips on her keyboard so she removed ALL the keys off the keyboard &ate the smashed pieces.>

I just think it's stupid. If you want to relax find some way so relax without getting involved in drugs like marijuana which can effect your job. Or attempting to get one.

Shadix
May 31, 2008, 11:13 AM

MJ isn't physically addicting, true, but it's psychologically addicting, and that can be 100 times worse than physical.

Much like getting addicted to PSU? Psychologically it's the same. You are absolutely right, becoming mentally addicted to anything can be just as hard to get out of, it's just you can get addicted to literally anything this way. Drinking Soda, going shopping, playing sports, watching TV, playing videogames all have the same addiction potential as marijuana, so it's not special in this manner.

Not to mention, did you know that there are different kinds of smoke that are better than others? People burn insence all the time and that supposedly has positive effects of inhaling. There are toxins, but it's so, so much less so than tobacco products. On the otherhand, if you breathe in something like engine exhaust you are spelling death.

You also forget that there are many different ways of "consuming" marijuana. I've heard of people eating it, drinking it, injecting it, using steam to inhale it to avoid the carcinogens of smoke, heck, I've heard of people cooking it into dessert dishes like brownies and cake, so there are popular alternatives to smoke.

You aren't stating fact, you are spewwing BS on a subject you aren't nearly as smart about as you claim. Once again I'm not saying it's "good" for you, because nobody freaking knows everything about it due to the legal bs attached to it, not to mention I don't think anything that alters your state of mind can do so without some sort of negative consequences, prescription drugs included. It's just that it's not nearly as bad for you as smoking or drinking.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:28 AM
You aren't stating fact, you are spewwing BS on a subject you aren't nearly as smart about as you claim. Once again I'm not saying it's "good" for you, because nobody freaking knows everything about it due to the legal bs attached to it, it's just that it's not nearly as bad for you as smoking or drinking.

*sigh* Cheers to not understanding what I'm posting about.

I never said I was smart on this subject. I already said I couldn't care less what the hell you put in your body, not my problem.

Why are you people bringing drinking into this anyways? o_O

As for the tl;dr from our very own PHDumbass up there, I've already seen that, I saw it back a few years ago, it was probably you who posted it. When you get some facts OF YOUR OWN, in other words your own studies, then I'll be impressed.
iz dat sum copy/pasta?

About the food consumption, I think they're called space brownies, or something of the like. >_> Don't remember.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:30 AM
Copy/pasta

Did anyone else notice the dates on these things by the way? 1975? Come on.
Re-do the studies now, with some more current info.

Shadix
May 31, 2008, 11:39 AM
I didn't really get your post then haha. I thought you were still being "BLAH MARIJUANA IS WORSE THAN DEATH LOLOLOL". I see you are far more neutral on this than I gave you credit for.

Sorry dude ^-^. You are right, we need lots of new studies. I can't help but think though that this whole gateway nonsense is caused by the fact that its illegal though. :\

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 11:43 AM
"BLAH MARIJUANA IS WORSE THAN DEATH LOLOLOL".

I grinned.

Anyways, yeah, s'okay. I'm not for or against MJ, I just wish people knew the real facts behind it, and not spurt off stupid things like it doesn't hurt and whatnot.

Lol spacecake.

ABDUR101
May 31, 2008, 11:51 AM
Ephekz, recently my aunt nearly died due to numerous body ailments all hitting at once(high hemoglobin count; really thick blood that her heart had to work overtime to even send through her veins. Long life of smoking cigerettes and working in -35 degrees in an ice cream packing facility meant she wasn't absorbing enough oxygen; and then polyps causing internal bleeding); however the point is, she quit cold turkey. The first 48-72 hours are the physical addiction, after that all the stuff is out of your system and basically you're so used to grabbing a cig during a meal, with a friend, during a break; that thats what makes it hard to quit.

She quit, and she said there will be a time when she wakes up and thinks to herself "Well, guess I'll go out here, get some coffee and a cig"; and then she says "No, no cig, haha." She's on oxygen, so obviously she can't smoke or have any open flame near her, and I'm sure THAT helps deter her(lets see, smoke a cig and risk blowing myself up..or...).

It was a big smack back to reality for her, she nearly died, and at 65 she has to live the rest of her life on oxygen.

And I agree, straight edge people piss me off. You're no different than the people who try and get people to actually do the shit.

Sparker - "Hey, wanna hit?"
Straight-Edger - "O-mah-gaaaaawd do you know what you're doing to yourself with that?!?! I like to breath clean air thank you!"

For the whole marijuana-related mishaps; if you don't know the whole story then don't equate it to "Drugs make you do bad things, they totally toss out your inhibitions, so and so got shot and stabbed."

No, what happened was this; the dealer either sold some bad shit and the guy wanted his money back and the dealer told him to fuck off. Retaliation was the stabbing of the dealer and the witnesses. Have we learnt nothing from Cops? You don't leave witnesses when you commit a crime.

My uncle was beat the hell out of outside a pizza place by two guys, that doesn't mean they beat him up for pizza. Or does it? Oh noes!

And really, doing stupid shit happens regardless if you're on weed or not. Alcohol has been the cause of much more ass-hatery and fatalities than marijuana, even with all the bad drug dealing. Hell I read somewhere that some girl drank herself to death when she turned 21, and the parents were sueing her friends for 'not keeping a better eye on her' while they were at a bar. The girl was already noted as being an alcoholic before she turned 21, so I found it funny that the parents put the blame on her friends; as opposed to, you know, the alcoholic daughter and themselves for not trying to talk some sense into her.

"Honey, feeling abit tipsy is one thing, but waking up the next day not knowing where you are and how many guys you were with isn't."

You can tell who here actually knows people who smoke's marijuana and are mature about it, and who doesn't. For being so far out in the country I guess I'm just used to things and take them in stride, and don't feel the need to 'Goto war" and blow a whistle about it.

Just remember, if the people smoking marijuana aren't bothering anyone and you're the one making the scene; that should make the little lightbulb start flashing.

Ex1. Pissing in public.

Ex2. Becoming so desperate for food that you attempt to eat anything you can put in your mouth. <I knew a girl who broke a bag of chips on her keyboard so she removed ALL the keys off the keyboard &ate the smashed pieces.>

I see perfectly sober people pissing in public all the time, but then I live in rural PA, so it's no different than the farm animals. It only takes one rain to wash the piss away anyway.

And you're example #2, sounds more like the woman was an asshat. That wasn't the drug making her so hungry she had to eat, she was being a douchebag about it. I.e. attention whore.

Indica
May 31, 2008, 12:42 PM
I'm against ANY kind of drug.
Marijuana is stupid in my opinion. It just make you do stupid stuff that you wouldn't do if you were sober.

I just LOVE when people say this. I sure hope you practice what you preach and you are holier then the virgin mother Mary when it comes to drugs.

You are against "any" kind of drug? OK, so you totally abstain from Caffeine? You must not drink natural water either then or must have the toughest time finding truly pure water that does not contain fluoride.

Id really want to know what your eating habits are. Do you know how much synthetic chemicals and "drugs" are in our food supply? Bad things like Aspartame to name one of them.

It's really a shame people like you have this kind of false made up mentality on Marijuana. Take a very good look at our society. There are people on this planet who are total assholes, thieves, liars, murders who are going to do what they DO regardless if they did Drugs or if they never Do Drugs in life.

Indica
May 31, 2008, 12:52 PM
Re-do the studies now, with some more current info.

The Indian Hemp Drugs Commission Report (1894), comprising some seven volumes and 3,281 pages, is by far the most complete and systematic study of marijuana undertaken to date.

2005 research, by Madrid's Complutense University and the Cajal Institute, is published in the Journal of Neuroscience is saying Marijuana may block Alzheimer's disease.

There is a major conspiracy to keep Marijuana illegal since 1937, just read it, the info is all there. The Oil and Pharmaceutical Industry are posing a Monopoly and would loose Trillions of Dollars if Marijuana was legal.

Sord
May 31, 2008, 04:45 PM
I've heard of people cooking it into dessert dishes like brownies and cake, so there are popular alternatives to smoke.

I remember seeing gumball ones on the news, I found it amusing, because they were yellow smiley faces.

Sgt_Shligger
May 31, 2008, 05:42 PM
I used to have a dead-set opinion against marijuana but I've met quite a few people who do it and talked to quite a few. Never tried it myself. There's always going to be people who abuse it but taking a puff won't throw your life off course. I figure I'm mature enough to know it's not a kid's thing so I won't go out of my way to try it but I won't be freaking out on anyone who does it.

The reason the government is against weed is because it's more of a "gateway" drug. The idea is kids will try weed and want something more and go onto more dangerous drugs. This just causes more problems. Instead of detering kids from having it it simply makes them question "Well if they lied about weed being bad they must be lying about _____ being bad." And even then I have pals who do it. They're not all the brightest but none are complete burnouts and some are just as smart as anyone else. Even the the ones who aren't really doing well know enough that there's a big difference between marijuana and something "hardcore" like heroine or cocaine. The entire gateway slander is really counter-productive in my opinion.

They really should legalize marijuana if they actually want to fix anything. If it's legalized they can control it, regulate it, and, most importantly for the government, TAX it. Cigarettes are heavily taxed but people keep buying them. There is plenty of money to make in taxing this because people WILL buy it even if it's pricey. It just doesn't make sense to keep it out when it's already considered a minor offense where I'm at and doens't sound incredibly difficult to obtain since there are so many people on it.

ABDUR101
May 31, 2008, 06:11 PM
Lets not forget that marijuana helps those with glaucoma, and the government issues marijuana to those who have a doctor's approval.

Basically, it's two faced. "No no, its bad for you." and then "But if we can make some money off it, here, this helps."

Go look at any fucking prescription drug you take, the side-effects are far worse than what I've seen alcohol and marijuana do.

Here's an example, I was on three different prescription meds for my severe acid reflux, they all had severe side effects that were detrimental to my health, and they all made me feel worse than the acid reflux itself. I'd wake up and feel nauseated, my intestines were always sore because of the meds, getting up every day and being sore as if your insides were being tore out. It wasn't due to the acid reflux, it was ALL the side effect of only ONE of the medications I was taking.

People like to diss on marijuana and shit because oh noes they've heard stories. I've worked in the medical field long enough and know what prescription meds can do, and all of their side effects are near horrific.

Hell there's even a medicine out for allergies that can cause internal hemoraging which could be fatal; so what the fuck is up with that?

"Well we can make money on it, so if someone has allergies and wants to take the risk, why not?"

Well, if someone wants to smoke some pot, who really gives a fuck then? We already have people that drink water and die from that when they drink too much, so who cares?

Suicide is illegal, but if you do it right there's no one to prosecute, now is there?

Ketchup345
May 31, 2008, 06:24 PM
Re-do the studies now, with some more current info.My understanding is that new studies conducted in the US are very difficult to do, as the people doing the study would need some kind of permit that doesn't get issued very often, if at all.

Indica
May 31, 2008, 07:09 PM
You are correct. Marijuana in the United States is classified as a Schedule 1 Type Drug along with Heroin and Cocaine. Under this classification it has no currently accepted medical use in treatment in the United States.

The DEA and FDA refuse to issue permits for any kind of testing. The DEA is even arresting people in California regardless of a State Law that was passed to legalize possession and growing of Marijuana even with a state issued ID for health reasons.

Good thing is, there is currently a bill pending in Congress that is trying to remove the Federal Government Laws and leave it up to the individual States to decide. This is what our country was founded upon, and the Federal Government should have no say so.

Weeaboolits
May 31, 2008, 07:59 PM
The federal government needs to have some say, confederacy is a weak form of government.

Sord
May 31, 2008, 08:10 PM
The federal government needs to have some say, confederacy is a weak form of government.

something as singular as one controversial drug isn't much of a national issue

Leviathan
May 31, 2008, 08:15 PM
I just LOVE when people say this. I sure hope you practice what you preach and you are holier then the virgin mother Mary when it comes to drugs.

You are against "any" kind of drug? OK, so you totally abstain from Caffeine? You must not drink natural water either then or must have the toughest time finding truly pure water that does not contain fluoride.

Id really want to know what your eating habits are. Do you know how much synthetic chemicals and "drugs" are in our food supply? Bad things like Aspartame to name one of them.

It's really a shame people like you have this kind of false made up mentality on Marijuana. Take a very good look at our society. There are people on this planet who are total assholes, thieves, liars, murders who are going to do what they DO regardless if they did Drugs or if they never Do Drugs in life.

Thank you for missing the point of my reply. (//_-)

All I said is that drugs like marijuana are bad.
Cig are bad.
Alcohol is bad.

I do niether of them. Because I don't like THOSE kinds of toxins in my body. By "drugs" I meant the kind that they tell you to avoid in school, so you know which one I am talking about, correct?

You're probably the kind of kid who hates straightedgers, yes?

Where did this whole murders thing come from. Never did I say such in my reply.

I do realize the benefits of marijuana, but only to those that have glaucoma. Anyone who uses marijuana but does not have the medical problems that call for it do not need to take it. That's like taking a anti-depressant when you're not depressed. Or maybe to you all pills are just a big fat placebo.

EphekZ
May 31, 2008, 09:18 PM
Ephekz, recently my aunt nearly died due to numerous body ailments all hitting at once(high hemoglobin count; really thick blood that her heart had to work overtime to even send through her veins. Long life of smoking cigerettes and working in -35 degrees in an ice cream packing facility meant she wasn't absorbing enough oxygen; and then polyps causing internal bleeding); however the point is, she quit cold turkey. The first 48-72 hours are the physical addiction, after that all the stuff is out of your system and basically you're so used to grabbing a cig during a meal, with a friend, during a break; that thats what makes it hard to quit.

She quit, and she said there will be a time when she wakes up and thinks to herself "Well, guess I'll go out here, get some coffee and a cig"; and then she says "No, no cig, haha." She's on oxygen, so obviously she can't smoke or have any open flame near her, and I'm sure THAT helps deter her(lets see, smoke a cig and risk blowing myself up..or...).

It was a big smack back to reality for her, she nearly died, and at 65 she has to live the rest of her life on oxygen.

Yeah, it sucks that sometimes it takes that much for someone to quit a recreational substance. I'm really afraid I'll end up something like that. I've gotten it down to when I'm just drinking, but I bet I'll go into full effect sooner or later. The best part, and indication how bad cigs are, is that I know all this shit. I know that it will be my downfall and yet I still can't quit. Also, I've gone through bad times as a result of it, that was more along the lines of the marijuana though which I've quit since then.
and yeah, even OTC drugs can be as bad as cocaine or anything illegal. It's amazing how connotation can make the public think.

Indica, Sorry I'm not really in the mood to read your post after post of copypasta. Hell, I could probably do the same thing and find a counter-claim for everyone of your statements, but I don't care enough for that. However, it's good that you've been able to remain sober for 2 years. My point is, it's good occasionally when you just wanna let loose and have a good time, but once it's an addiction life takes a turn for the worst. Also, can you answer me this: After you've been sober for a while, don't you feel better during your normal mentality rather than when you're doing a weekly sack? For myself, I feel a lot better being sober than I ever did while high. I don't know, being high is nice but I think how you feel and act when you're not high is what really counts.

I could probably reply to more of the nonsense that's been spewed here but whatever. Peace.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 09:29 PM
Thank you for missing the point of my reply. (//_-)

All I said is that drugs like marijuana are bad.
Cig are bad.
Alcohol is bad.

I do niether of them. Because I don't like THOSE kinds of toxins in my body. By "drugs" I meant the kind that they tell you to avoid in school, so you know which one I am talking about, correct?

You're probably the kind of kid who hates straightedgers, yes?

Where did this whole murders thing come from. Never did I say such in my reply.

I do realize the benefits of marijuana, but only to those that have glaucoma. Anyone who uses marijuana but does not have the medical problems that call for it do not need to take it. That's like taking a anti-depressant when you're not depressed. Or maybe to you all pills are just a big fat placebo.

Cheers to not reading and understanding posts, eh?
:beer:

ABDUR101
May 31, 2008, 10:02 PM
Nitro, you do realise that people reply to other people in the thread aside from the original poster, right?

Donut_Hunter
May 31, 2008, 10:32 PM
I remember from a History Channel special I saw that Marijuana was originally made illegal to have a reason to deport mass amounts of Mexican immigrants.

I'm sure it's been kept illegal by oil, pharmaceutical, and clothing companies in some form or another. The plant has thousands of practical uses besides rolling it up and smoking it.

I have not nor do I ever plan to smoke marijuana or do other controlled substances, not even alcohol or cigarettes . Many of my friends do it though and I only see the lazy stereotype in one of them though. Non of them are whacked out waiting for the next hit, and the majority of them are doing OK or exceptional in school.

I don't recommend smoking Marijuana, but it is quite absurd to say it is worse than cigarettes. Those things are loaded with so many deadly, addicting, chemicals it's not funny.

Indica
Jun 1, 2008, 12:54 AM
Also, can you answer me this: After you've been sober for a while, don't you feel better during your normal mentality rather than when you're doing a weekly sack? For myself, I feel a lot better being sober than I ever did while high. I don't know, being high is nice but I think how you feel and act when you're not high is what really counts.

I could probably reply to more of the nonsense that's been spewed here but whatever. Peace.

Actually I feel less creative and lazy over this time by not being stoned. Ive always had a different mentality when I was high and never took it to the extreme unlike a lot of friends I knew growing up.

Ive never done any other drugs in my life aside from dabbling with LSD and Mushrooms after I graduated High School. I'm 33 now and it's been a good 10 years since I did any psychedelics. Guess I played it smart and didn't mess with drugs till the very end of my Senior year, I had more then enough credits to graduate, if I failed anything or final exams..etc

Since PSU came out, I never played it stoned. Ive played it drunk a handful of times but I really dont like getting drunk. I maybe drink once a month or every 3 months..etc. It takes me 2-3 beers to get drunk and maybe have 4 drinks total.

BlaizeYES
Jun 1, 2008, 12:58 AM
sigh... i am not surprised... 7 pages of an "argument" that ive heard hundreds of thousands of times, and the same shit over and over again.

MORAL OF THE STORY:

who gives a shit. if you smoke, smoke. dont talk about smoking or about your different perspectives on life, because it's guaranteed that more than one other person has thought or felt the same way you have when they were high. it's no new information. and dont talk about facts. actually, dont talk about weed at all. its retarded, it's old news, and generic topics like this just kill me inside a little with every additional page created.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 1, 2008, 02:17 AM
Nitro, you do realise that people reply to other people in the thread aside from the original poster, right?
Yes.

I remember from a History Channel special I saw that Marijuana was originally made illegal to have a reason to deport mass amounts of Mexican immigrants.
o_O

EphekZ
Jun 1, 2008, 02:32 AM
Actually I feel less creative and lazy over this time by not being stoned. Ive always had a different mentality when I was high and never took it to the extreme unlike a lot of friends I knew growing up.

Ive never done any other drugs in my life aside from dabbling with LSD and Mushrooms after I graduated High School. I'm 33 now and it's been a good 10 years since I did any psychedelics. Guess I played it smart and didn't mess with drugs till the very end of my Senior year, I had more then enough credits to graduate, if I failed anything or final exams..etc

Since PSU came out, I never played it stoned. Ive played it drunk a handful of times but I really dont like getting drunk. I maybe drink once a month or every 3 months..etc. It takes me 2-3 beers to get drunk and maybe have 4 drinks total.

ah, I'm pretty much the opposite. I prefer drinking over smoking. If you couldn't tell, I felt really lazy and like crap between sacks, but since I've been a lot better. Just preference I guess. It takes me quite a but to get drunk, and it usually won't be off of beer. I need hard liquor to get me going. With weed, however, I just couldn't hang. Just made me drowsy and lazy, that's probably why I've stopped, made a lot of my nights pretty boring haha.

Donut_Hunter
Jun 1, 2008, 08:03 AM
Yes.

o_OWell that's not what the law actually said, but the Congressman who pushed it through didn't hide that was his main desire for the bill.

EJ
Jun 1, 2008, 08:56 AM
Wow, just wow so many people who know so little about the subject and only know what they been told or seen it seems here.

Like abdur says moderation is the key. I seen many saying you do Marijuana you a pot head and are dumb for doing it and then on the other side I see no poet doesn't do anything and blah blah blah.

Truth is it does do something but like alcohol it affects people in different ways like it makes me sleepy same with alcohol but I do it when I don't work the next day since you have to be a idiot to get wasted and smoke when you have to wake up at 8am.

Overall my opinion on the subject is that it is not addicting at all hell Pepsi is more addicting to me then smoking. Many are making it seem like it so addicting you will kill your own grandmother to get some Marijuana and that isn't true since I have never had that type of urge and probably won't. I'm only talking about my experience it may be different for others but for the most part I think anyone who is smart enough that smoke knows when enough is enough.

Kent
Jun 1, 2008, 10:34 AM
I stay away from drugs, alcohol, and the like for my own reasons. Naturally, I also don't like to associate with people who think that when I say "drugs," in this context, that they can say "caffeine is a drug!!!11" and still attempt to make a coherent argument. I'm not going to force my beliefs on anyone else, and I'm not going to actively and obnoxiously try and tell people with different ways that they're wrong, be it the case or not.

Why?

Because that's akin to trying for force a religion on somebody - be you right or wrong on the subject, the instant you try and force that belief onto someone else, you're doing it wrong.

I worked hard to get to my status and my position that I have today, and I did it without the use of any drugs or alcohol. I'm not saying that it couldn't be done by someone who uses them in moderation, but I am saying that I certainly didn't wate any time doing those sorts of things - the closest I've ever come to "getting high" was playing Rez. :wacko:

I'm enjoying my clean life. As long as nobody's trying to impede on mine, or someone else's, I've got no problem with whatever the hell you're doing on your own time.

Darkly
Jun 1, 2008, 10:56 AM
to be honest some of my friends smoke weed while were drinking, or basically at small house parties. They don't try to push it on me at all and it should always be like that, i also don't act like a twat telling them 'how bad' it is for you etc. because it just ruins a good time.

I'll stick to just the one poison because every few weeks or month etc. its fun to get drunk. I try to keep my drinking patterns irregular though so i don't get withdrawls or get addicted.

Eihwaz
Jun 3, 2008, 12:49 AM
The main reason pot is illegal is thanks to pressure from the alcohol (and to a much lesser degree, the tobacco) industry in the form of interest groups. They don't want people to have easy access to a mind-altering chemical that is relatively easy to grow on your own.

Marijuana is less harmful than tobacco or alcohol, by far. There have been no direct deaths caused by use of marijuana. This is not to say it is not without some negative side-effects. If you're smoking it, you obviously get the negative stuff that comes with inhaling smoke, although given that pot typically isn't as doused with as many chemicals as tobacco is, it's somewhat lessened. It also has a tendency to fry your short-term memory if you do it a lot in a short period of time.

tl;dr Marijuana has some side-effects, but not as much as tobacco/alcohol.

At any rate, I will toke up if the situation calls for it, and I do prefer using a vaporizer, as it is both more efficient and quite a bit healthier than smoking, but I don't really associate with the subculture at all. I just enjoy the effects every so often. Even so, I try to keep it to myself: if others want to give it a shot, they will, yeah? I do support legalization of it, but that's because I'm wholly against government intrusion into the private sphere.

Raine_Loire
Jun 3, 2008, 01:38 AM
IDK, I don't ingest it in anyway- nor do I drink or smoke... I've never been drunk at all. My family has serious addiction problems, and a huge tendency towards cancer.

However, I realize that I'm in the minority. One of my brother smokes, drinks, and pots (that's ingesting marijuana- however, lol) I've asked him "don't you realize how dangerous that is for us?" And he said "I'm fine, it's a social choice." And that was it. We just don't talk about it anymore. He certainly doesn't go around trying to convince me that my life would be in any way enriched by it, lol. And I figure- he's 20. He's old enough to make his own decisions. He isn't married, doesn't have kids, supports himself and is in school. We've gotten in arguments about other things- like him doing mushrooms- he swears that its FINE because they're NATURAL- or him stealing stuff from my parents and selling them to buy pot in high school, but as long as he isn't drunk or stoned around me, his life is his own.

That said, he gets slightly special treatment because he's my brother. I'm more selective with friends. Drinkers aren't allowed to drink in my house, and that actually includes my in-laws. And I've broken up with guys because of past drug use, even if it's long past.

I'm not perfect, but I just think it's better to have relationships with people who have the same values, if that makes sense. I won't force mine on anyone, but I also don't have to approve of theirs. Laguna also does not drink or do (illegal) drugs, so that works out well...

And Blaize, I loled at your posts, it was actually just what I was thinking ^_^

Nitro Vordex
Jun 3, 2008, 02:14 AM
- he swears that its FINE because they're NATURAL-

Opiates are natural. Everyone has seen what they do. ._.

Raine_Loire
Jun 3, 2008, 12:13 PM
lol yeah, I know, but he's an adult, so as long as he never does it or mentions it in front of my kids- or comes over stoned- it just isn't my business. It's not like he's affecting anyone else but himself, no kids, no relationship right now...

Kent
Jun 3, 2008, 02:41 PM
Opiates are natural. Everyone has seen what they do. ._.

So are deathcaps. I strongly encourage anyone who thinks that just because something is natural, that it's also safe for human consumption... To try eating them.

Nitro Vordex
Jun 3, 2008, 03:20 PM
Those same people can eat Poison Ivy, IT'S NATURAL.

Anyway, this thread has become flame central served it's purpose, and I'd be lying if I said I hadn't learned something.

Requesting Lock.

unicorn
Jun 3, 2008, 03:33 PM
Pot is for poor people!!!!

Rich peeps do coke. It keeps you thin.

I think Pot should be illegal and stay illegal. Atleast in the US. We're too stupid we'd abuse it, its how our society works. Europe is different, cuz they actually gots some brains.

Although pot might not have that many health affects, it still makes people do some stupid things. Look at most of the people doing it. Uuuuh, hello?

My ex-friend used pot. She used to be soo pretty. Now shes 40 pounds overweight with greasy hair and left college. Yeah.