PDA

View Full Version : what do you think is the best solo class?

gryphonvii
May 30, 2008, 07:58 PM
currently I think the best for the marathon-type missions is acrotecher followed by the other techer hybrids simply because of their versatility and independance. If it is a shorter mission I think that it would be fortefighter. I am not counting the master classes as I do not have experience with them, but if you wish to advocate for either of those classes feel free to do so.

Zorafim
May 30, 2008, 08:04 PM
Fighmaster. It can equip S rank five minute runs.

Xaeris
May 30, 2008, 08:08 PM
I was torn between fortegunner and fortefighter. I gave FF the nod for its advantage on non-ragan bosses. If more missions were like Military Subway in its neutral, five block glory, I might have voted for one of the hybrids, but as it is, most missions don't even come close to exhausting the forte's supplies.

BIGGIEstyle
May 30, 2008, 08:21 PM
There's no boss or mission that can beat a properly equipped Protranser :P

Kylie
May 30, 2008, 09:24 PM
Melee is broken as Hell right now, so definitely fF.

It's the class I feel the most secure playing as well, especially when soloing.

DoubleJG
May 30, 2008, 09:51 PM
+1 for Acrofighter.

Good melee, Lv40 skills, speed boost, and on some runs (especially non-boss missions), S-rank slicer spamming make things a bit easier.

SonicTMP
May 30, 2008, 09:53 PM
The class you enjoy the most with the weapons you like and worked PA's for.

tihoa
May 30, 2008, 09:53 PM
i say FF. majarra + jabroga can clear almost anything.

amtalx
May 30, 2008, 09:54 PM
Its a tough call between fF and fG. They are both very powerful, but fF may have the edge. Gunmaster will close it a little. The gain that gunners got with Gunmaster is a little better than the gain fighters got with Fighmaster.

Dragwind
May 30, 2008, 10:01 PM
I go with WT for versatility, but fF is still wrecks everything at a slightly faster rate.

Mawile
May 30, 2008, 10:09 PM
Right Now? Acrofighter. Slicers are great for running through packs, and claws/daggers/sabers are damn decent at killing bosses. Add in a stupid high EVA stat and you can live way too long through lots of crap.

Later? Masterfighter. Frost Trap G + Jabroken.

Gen2000
May 30, 2008, 10:53 PM
Fortefighter/Fortegunner

Ken_Silver
May 31, 2008, 12:38 AM
Versatility? Wartecher for the Win.

Long range: Bows and Cards
Technics: Resta and whatever else you want
Melee: Knuckes, Twin Claws and Twin Daggers can hurt!
Extra: Good Defense and High HP

Carry with you some Scapes and Photon Charges and be on a reasonable level and you should be able to take out anything.

Just because you can slap any monster near you with a big sword, doesn't make you the best Solo class. Omoghoug (or however you spell it) mocks you Fortefighters.

BIGGIEstyle
May 31, 2008, 12:44 AM
Protransers still rock

Mob slaying? Spear with Majarra or axe with Jabroga... or if that's not your style They get swords and knuckles at S too.

Onmagoug? Bows for Long range.

And then the coup de grace, EX traps. Nothing like the combo of Freeze Trap EX and well-leveled PAs afterwords for making short work of rooms.

Only lacking there is techs, but that's something FFs deal with too.

Xaeris
May 31, 2008, 12:52 AM
Just because you can slap any monster near you with a big sword, doesn't make you the best Solo class. Omoghoug (or however you spell it) mocks you Fortefighters.

Ah heh heh...oh, he's serious?

Shinko
May 31, 2008, 01:33 AM
i think arcotecher...... but thats just what i think...

Or wartecher either or

Xefi
May 31, 2008, 02:35 AM
i tend to solo only with moi fortegunners.

Best class for soloing? That's up to you to decide.

segadrm
May 31, 2008, 02:49 AM
ForteFighter

_Vyser_
May 31, 2008, 03:15 AM
I've been soloing just fine with AF since AotI came out. Having an ice/ground ebrozike really helps keep monsters off me, especially when I'm using a slicer or diaga-misaki. The fact that monsters can become immobile while I attack others is very helpful when I'm by myself.

Hrith
May 31, 2008, 06:15 AM
Anyone picking Fortefighter over Fortegunner simply sucks at this game.

Fortegunner is by far the best solo class.

Fortefighter needs godly equipment to match a Fortegunner with average equips :roll:

Mman2000
May 31, 2008, 07:02 AM
Wartecher owns at soloing, power doesn't mean shit if you can't heal yourself after getting hit hard a few times.

Iduno
May 31, 2008, 07:26 AM
Wartecher, melee + megid + cards + resta = low item cost solo dominance

unicorn
May 31, 2008, 09:06 AM
Easiest to Solo with? Fortegunner
Most versatile? Wartecher or Acrotecher. Leaning more towards Wartecher.
Fastest Solo Class? Fortefighter

Arika
May 31, 2008, 09:22 AM
FF for now, since you are goign to solo for hunting right? faster = better.
those all mate are just cheap , use them.

Zorak000
May 31, 2008, 10:02 AM
Wartecher, whips+ megid + cards + resta = low item cost solo dominance
fixed'. Whips utterly decimate mobs on a WT. as you can see
here (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/silenthorror666/psu20080530_181523_001.jpg) and here (http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c390/silenthorror666/psu20080530_181514_000.jpg).

Shiro_Ryuu
May 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
I'd say Acrofighter or Wartecher for versatility, and Fortefighter for fastest killing.

furrypaws
May 31, 2008, 11:47 AM
I like Wartecher. Saves me money on mates and atomizers (yeah, probably like 5k a run, but still), has good strength, lots of different weapons. The spells also come in handy when fighting the high DEF robots.

MaximusLight
May 31, 2008, 12:15 PM
Fightgunner just to screw with the distribution :wacko:

Yusaku_Kudou
May 31, 2008, 12:19 PM
Depends. Quickly? Fortefighter. Efficiently? I voted Fortegunner.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 31, 2008, 12:56 PM
Wartecher owns at soloing, power doesn't mean shit if you can't heal yourself after getting hit hard a few times.lol oh ok erm what are trimates for?
lol@ wartecher, easily the best for soloing is fortegunner

Zael
May 31, 2008, 01:03 PM
ahahahhaha @ wartecher.

20 trimates is more than enough healing. i can't even think of a situation where WT would solo faster than FF.

WHlTEKNIGHT
May 31, 2008, 01:07 PM
I think if u need more than 20 trimates you really are in trouble

60Hz
May 31, 2008, 01:38 PM
Hmm too bad psu doesn't have leaderboards per map rank with data on party make-up, time, etc... this would at least bring some facts into this thread...

i know pre AOI fortegunners were the best for soloing since they could dish out the close to the same amount of damage as FF's and avoid damage (which slows down your run)... post AOI is another story, just attack seems to be the balancer...

i dig beast and cast for soloing as well, since they can strategically dish out damage at oppurtune times in your favorite map...

PT? Hmm i'm sure it's possible, it's my fave class but it seems to be extremely technical to get decent times as well as expensive to get the proper s-rank or even A-rank grind load out... but the access to hard hitting 2-handed weaps on paper looks good...

OmgHi
May 31, 2008, 01:45 PM
Cast Fortegunner :)

As of now without master classes I can solo TD in 8 mins, can't wait to do speed runs when MG comes out.

Also, lol @ Wartecher healing thing. Even spamming Boma Duranga lv37 on Falkis, I have yet to use up all 20 Trimates, and never had to dip into my emergency reserve of 10 Star Atmoizers.

Sexy_Raine
May 31, 2008, 02:02 PM
Fortegunner for the most part. Fortefighter for some missions, they fail at Desert Goliath though.

Gen2000
May 31, 2008, 04:13 PM
^Why? Melee resistant means jack to FFs (FF: "oh it takes 2 seconds long to kill this robot than usual...darn"). Magas used to be basically anti-FF until Majarra came on to the scene now they rape the first form hard, even more so with a Stun/Resist. They suck more than Fortegunner vs. the second phase but can still get the job done. They're about even to me.

Hrith
May 31, 2008, 04:55 PM
FF even? compared to FG? hahahahahahahaha

System-Id
May 31, 2008, 04:57 PM
;-) It depends where u hunting i would say FF and FG
FF for massive power
and FG for killer shot robots dont stand a chance against killer shot hehe:D

Gen2000
May 31, 2008, 05:44 PM
FF even? compared to FG? hahahahahahahaha

"About even..", but whatever.

FF Majarras Magas base.
FG Majarras Magas base.

FF Majarra is better, better at first phase.
FG Grav Shot is better than FF's Handgun/attempting to aim Chikki/Majarra at his arms/going berserk and continuing to Majarra his lower half while eating up damage from the blades/<insert whatever other option they have>, they better at second phase.

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 06:32 PM
I definatley go with Fortefighter, as a Guntecher its hard to clear enemies at times by yourself without completely demolishing your ammo

Kylie
May 31, 2008, 06:56 PM
Anyone picking Fortefighter over Fortegunner simply sucks at this game.

Fortegunner is by far the best solo class.

Fortefighter needs godly equipment to match a Fortegunner with average equips :roll:
Well, I admit that the most time I've spent on fG is LV1 to 25 on the caseal that I ended up deleting because range puts me to sleep, but based on what I've seen with playing with gunners, I think I'm more able to hold my own than they are. If fG is better than fF, then the difference is more minimal than you suggest (vice versa, of course). But in the end, it probably depends on your equipment and which mission you're doing, etc., and either class would be a fine choice.

Any class would be a fine choice, really.

Hrith
Jun 1, 2008, 06:29 AM
"About even..", but whatever.

FF Majarras Magas base.
FG Majarras Magas base.

FF Majarra is better, better at first phase.
FG Grav Shot is better than FF's Handgun/attempting to aim Chikki/Majarra at his arms/going berserk and continuing to Majarra his lower half while eating up damage from the blades/<insert whatever other option they have>, they better at second phase.I thought you meant for the entire Desert Goliath run (since you mentioned halfguards).

Magas Maggahna is a luck-based boss, even a weak class like Guntecher or Acrofighter could beat a FF or FG if they lucked out.

Eleina
Jun 1, 2008, 07:29 AM
Force with those lvl 20 techs obviously.

TakNatali
Jun 1, 2008, 04:18 PM
I put GT simply because no one had even considered that job type and its not a horrible one. My main is a FG/GT tho and when i solo its usually always with FG unless i'm doing MP runs. =)

Criss
Jun 1, 2008, 05:57 PM
I voted for GT. I'm a GT myself and I can easily solo any mission, especially since the GTs' tech boost. GTs are one of the most versatile classes (they can basically do anything except melee damage, and they don't really need melee with the damage the can do between guns and techs). Between self-buffing/healing, ranged damage, tech damage, great SE spreading capabilities and a ton of strafing weapons to continuously hit enemies while evading, I'd say GTs are excellent soloers and are often overlooked.

Magas Maggahna is a luck-based boss, even a weak class like Guntecher or Acrofighter could beat a FF or FG if they lucked out.I don't see what's so "luck based" about Magas. And actually, a GT or AF with a high level ground card bullet can easily beat any other class at doing damage on Magas. With cards you can constanly shoot him from a pretty good distance while being able to strafe and dodge his attacks more easily. Not having to run after him all the time or having to enter first person mode easily overcomes having to run after him to get a few hits in every 15 seconds. As a GT, I can say that Magas is extremely easy to beat solo when you got ground cards and a resta wand. Anyone complaining that Magas is a hard boss either don't know how to fight him and see his attacks coming, or don't have the right class to solo him.

TakNatali
Jun 1, 2008, 09:04 PM
Word.

DC_Seraph
Jun 2, 2008, 12:09 AM
Fighgunner, Great balance between guns and swords...

Hiro_EtBlue
Jun 2, 2008, 12:45 AM
Even though I love playing Acrofighter, I would have to say Fortefighter in most cases.

Zael
Jun 2, 2008, 01:19 AM
Fortegunner with level 40 bullets :]

Hrith
Jun 2, 2008, 09:30 AM
I voted for GT. I'm a GT myself and I can easily solo any mission, especially since the GTs' tech boost. GTs are one of the most versatile classes (they can basically do anything except melee damage, and they don't really need melee with the damage the can do between guns and techs). Between self-buffing/healing, ranged damage, tech damage, great SE spreading capabilities and a ton of strafing weapons to continuously hit enemies while evading, I'd say GTs are excellent soloers and are often overlooked.GT can do a lot of things, but weak at everything they do.

If what you call a good soloer is what can run through a mission without taking a single risk, fine.

What I call a good soloer is what runs through it the fastest, and it's Fortegunner for 80% of the missions, Fortefighter for the 20% remaining. Simple as that.

Lv30 attack techs are still weaker than Lv10 Hikai Shuha-zan if the monster resists bullet damage.

I don't see what's so "luck based" about Magas.Play it, then.

Delete
Jun 2, 2008, 10:23 AM
Protranser + traps + alfort tylor + pm= quickest runs ever.

Hrith
Jun 2, 2008, 06:23 PM
On C, maybe.

IrisForscythe
Jun 2, 2008, 10:49 PM
I'll go with Wartecher, it's like an FF with healing skills.