May 30, 2008, 11:37 PM
Let the Battle, Begin!

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:38 PM
A CHALLENGER APPROACHES!
http://twobites.files.wordpress.com/2007/12/ramen.jpg

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
That is the worst sort of Ramen. Still, it tastes good in brick form.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:39 PM
I demands an Irish Curry option and an its all good option! >:D

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:41 PM
Guess what someone just added.
[spoiler-box]http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/7015/hueg42gt0.png[/spoiler-box]

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:42 PM
argh! damnit nitro!

beatrixkiddo
May 30, 2008, 11:42 PM
japanese-style curry rice is the best. thai curry noodles are good too, though.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:43 PM
i like all curry so i'm waiting for the all of the above option

Nitro Vordex
May 30, 2008, 11:44 PM
bwaha, another victim.

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 11:44 PM
I demands an Irish Curry option and an its all good option! >:D

I don't believe in Irish Curry.

Thai Curry: Usually contains Coconut Milk, Tastes Great, Leaves You on the Toilet (My Fave)
Indian Curry: Main Ingredient: Tumeric. Second Ingredient: Yogurt. Satisfying and loaded with veggies.
"Far East" Curries: Honestly not as good. Always seems to be something missing.

Tip: Have you tried eating Curry with peanut butter? A fair number of recipes call for it, anyway.

Go make your own curries! Cook up a pot of rice or grab some Naan!

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:45 PM
Irish Curry exists (i almost had it yesterday for lunch, it has lamb instead of chicken or shrimp)

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 11:47 PM
Irish Curry exists (i almost had it yesterday for lunch, it has lamb instead of chicken or shrimp)

To paraphrase Shin:

An abomination! :E

Japanese is generally a little too flavorless for me, though there are exceptions (and interesting fusions).

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:49 PM
not abomination! some orientals moved to Ireland, they brought curry recipies with them, shared with the local celts, bam! lamb curry! its natural!

Solstis
May 30, 2008, 11:50 PM
not abomination! some orientals moved to Ireland, they brought curry recipies with them, shared with the local celts, bam! lamb curry! its natural!

Error! Word "Oriental" is too broad, please specify.

TalHex
May 30, 2008, 11:54 PM
how the hell do i know? i just found out that t existed yesterday, but you got to admit, marinated lamb + asian curry = good

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 12:07 AM
1. Thai curries are my favorite, but coconut milk can be, umm, disastrous. I love, love, love this one dish at my favorite Thai place, which they describe as very spicy red curry without(!) coconut.
2. Indian curries are also super-awesome.
3. Lamb in curry is incredible. Very tasty, those cute, little fluffballs.
4. Anything described as curry I've gotten from Chinese restaurants is bo-ring. In fact, I find pretty much any Chinese food I get these days fails to live up to the sheer divinity of All Things Thai.
5. Goddamn 42 graphic. I hope you are banned for that shit, Nitro.
6. Never tried Japanese curry, though the descriptions do not appeal to me.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 12:09 AM
i like middle-eastern curry/Mediterranean curry the best, there is this really great middle eastern restaurant right at the corner that makes the best chicken curry ever!

Solstis
May 31, 2008, 12:11 AM
1. Thai curries are my favorite, but coconut milk can be, umm, disastrous. I love, love, love this one dish at my favorite Thai place, which they describe as very spicy red curry without(!) coconut.
2. Indian curries are also super-awesome.
3. Lamb in curry is incredible. Very tasty, those cute, little fluffballs.
4. Anything described as curry I've gotten from Chinese restaurants is bo-ring. In fact, I find pretty much any Chinese food I get these days fails to live up to the sheer divinity of All Things Thai.
6. Never tried Japanese curry, though the descriptions do not appeal to me.

Astuarlen, you are clearly a girl not after my heart, but if you were, I might be okay with it. After some therapy.

Oh, and never buy Goya coconut milk. That stuff never blends, no matter how much you shake it.

I suppose I could give lamb curry a try (if I were to come across it, have yet to see it on a menu).

Wait, what, without coconut? Are they mad? Yogurt is cool too, but... I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Nitro Vordex
May 31, 2008, 12:12 AM
It was spoilered for a reason. *shrugs* Your choice to open it.

Bah, you don't want me banned.

I hope. ._.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 12:14 AM
Astuarlen, you are clearly a girl not after my heart, but if you were, I might be okay with it. After some therapy.

Oh, and never buy Goya coconut milk. That stuff never blends, no matter how much you shake it.

I suppose I could give lamb curry a try (if I were to come across it, have yet to see it on a menu).

Wait, what, without coconut? Are they mad? Yogurt is cool too, but... I'm not sure what to think anymore.

Irish Pubs should have the legendary lamb curry, the local one here does (i really need to try it...)

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 01:08 AM

Damn, I went looking for some pictures/links with more info to tantalize your tastebuds, but now I am just hungry for Thai. This looks fairly similar (http://www.ucancookthai.com/language-english/thai-recipes/curries-and-soups/content-kaeng-pa.htm), though perhaps not as thick. It's tough to find these things on ye olde Internet thanks to inconsistent transliteration and variation in naming.

Solstis
May 31, 2008, 01:11 AM
I've never been the biggest fan of fish sauce, or thinner curries.

I should give it a try one time, or find a good thai restaurant around here.

astuarlen
May 31, 2008, 01:17 AM
That's the spirit.

It frustrates me crazy-silly that I can't convince friends to get Thai with me, because, against all odds, the very best Thai restaurant I've ever been to is right here in the middle of the damn cornfields of northern Illinois. Been to 15 places in 3 states, and this is my unhumble opinion. So. Damn. Good.
Meanwhile, everyone wants to get horrible Chinese or pizza.

Mixfortune
May 31, 2008, 04:17 AM
If I'm ever in town so who knows what reason, ast, I'll go anytime you like. I'm always a fan of the family-style serving (or whatever you want to call it) at most Thai restaurants where you just pick out a bunch of random crap and pass it around. I tend to find the Thai curry quite awesome as well, and I actually have had a peanut butter based one recently. It's good, sure, but it really is what you'd imagine peanut butter curry to taste like. That is to say, peanut butter.

Whether in the restaurant or at home though I never tend to go for the super hot stuff, instead sticking around the yellow curries, but I suppose I'd be open to trying. I just always jumped right on the yellow curry each time.

Sord
May 31, 2008, 05:13 AM
want Indian Curry, I hear it's very spicy, same with Thai

Solstis
May 31, 2008, 09:56 AM
want Indian Curry, I hear it's very spicy, same with Thai

Well, it depends. Indian food can be very spicy without being "hot." As in, oh my goodness, I did not know that these flavors existed. Or extremely hot and spicy.

Tact
May 31, 2008, 10:07 AM
Let the Battle, Begin!

"And now, with an open heart and an empty stomach, I say unto you in the words of my uncle...allez cuisine!"

Okay, yeah, I watch too much Iron Chef.

TalHex
May 31, 2008, 10:21 AM
curry is so not a french dish...