PDA

View Full Version : PS2: WTF Good is Armor in this game?

imfanboy
May 31, 2008, 02:56 AM
So, yeah.

Like all classic RPGs, armor and weapons are expensive as hell, and you have to kill a lot of enemies to even afford one lousy piece of it.

I get to Keuri, where Titanium stuff is available, and save enough money to buy pieces of it for Rudo and my main character in the frontline, and go back out to the battlefield - and they still take the same amount of damage as they did with the STARTING armor they began with! They don't take any MORE damage, that's true; but they don't take any less either.

It seems as though armor is utterly, bloody useless in this game.

I mean, is there a point later on in armor? Or should I just keep giving armor the finger and stick with buying new, niftier weapons (not that I'm BUYING them now that I have Shir in my party to steal 'em...)

CelestialBlade
May 31, 2008, 01:05 PM
Offense is way more valuable than defense in that game, so don't worry about having the absolute best armor. Save up for weapons.

silverfur
Jun 2, 2008, 08:16 PM
So, yeah.

Like all classic RPGs, armor and weapons are expensive as hell, and you have to kill a lot of enemies to even afford one lousy piece of it.

I get to Keuri, where Titanium stuff is available, and save enough money to buy pieces of it for Rudo and my main character in the frontline, and go back out to the battlefield - and they still take the same amount of damage as they did with the STARTING armor they began with! They don't take any MORE damage, that's true; but they don't take any less either.

It seems as though armor is utterly, bloody useless in this game.

I mean, is there a point later on in armor? Or should I just keep giving armor the finger and stick with buying new, niftier weapons (not that I'm BUYING them now that I have Shir in my party to steal 'em...)

Take off the armour and watch what kind of damage you take then. Trust me it does a whole lot, the reason you don't notice much difference between the various armours is because the monsters get more powerful, you need the tougher armours to survive. Take the armour off, you'll be dead in one fight and then you'll see what I mean.