PDA

View Full Version : Asking for your help psu community (worth a shot)

Sio
May 31, 2008, 03:42 AM
Hi everyone! I know I should be posting this in the pictures/videos thread, but I need to ask for some help and I figured a seperate thread should let my "voice" be heard better. I have just finished my very own PSU Aoi "advertisment"(it shows an asortment of psu stuff in general) video :3. I worked very hard on this and I was hoping I could spread this video link around. Here it is...

http://www.veoh.com/videos/v14068042TKp7k6Kk

I had to use veoh for now to get decent quailty (god youtube is so mean to my videos qualities T.T this was the best I can get it for now). I basically am asking "How can I spread the word better of psu using this video?" I was hoping I can get people to just really abuse this link and help me post it anywhere you can hehe. Ill be eventually posting it over youtube/google video aswell. If you know other video sites I can post it please reply here!

Thanks everyone, I know it's not much and a valiant effort but if I can get one person to feel like trying this fun game Ill be happy. Thanks for any helpful replies

sikotic_demon
May 31, 2008, 03:48 AM
if i knew of a way to get that video out i would tell you but i dont....... sorry...... though it is a well made video for having limited tools to work with.

Sio
May 31, 2008, 03:54 AM
Thanks very much, I think Ill be joining "many many many many" video game webites this weekend. lol I hope for the best, beware interwebz here I come! :O

Skye-Fox713
May 31, 2008, 04:15 AM
Nice, I really liked it especially with the PSO ep 1 ending music.

ok first thing i noticed is that when you are showing the characters, their names didn't show up to clearly and the color surrounding the name was really light blending in with the white. The next thing I noticed is that you didn't mention that it was online mode ( their are those certain kind of people out there who will think its an offline multilayer from the video. ) Also when you show the PSU:AOI logo at the start it fades away a little to quickly, have it hang up their for a good 5 seconds so people can read it. Also, even thoe I really like the PSO track that you chose for this, but it would make the music more rellivent to the game if you chose a track from PSU or AOI ( because as I stated before, there will be those people out there who will think that the music playing is from the game, and those same people would probably skip right over the comments ).

Althoe Most of what I said can be fixed by adding a Credits section to the end of the video, which would be the indication that its online mode and where the music is from.

Please take this as constructive criticism and NOT as an insult, I really am just trying to help

Sekani
May 31, 2008, 04:15 AM
gametrailers.com?

Sio
May 31, 2008, 10:31 AM
Nice, I really liked it especially with the PSO ep 1 ending music.

ok first thing i noticed is that when you are showing the characters, their names didn't show up to clearly and the color surrounding the name was really light blending in with the white. The next thing I noticed is that you didn't mention that it was online mode ( their are those certain kind of people out there who will think its an offline multilayer from the video. ) Also when you show the PSU:AOI logo at the start it fades away a little to quickly, have it hang up their for a good 5 seconds so people can read it. Also, even thoe I really like the PSO track that you chose for this, but it would make the music more rellivent to the game if you chose a track from PSU or AOI ( because as I stated before, there will be those people out there who will think that the music playing is from the game, and those same people would probably skip right over the comments ).

Althoe Most of what I said can be fixed by adding a Credits section to the end of the video, which would be the indication that its online mode and where the music is from.

Please take this as constructive criticism and NOT as an insult, I really am just trying to help

Thank you, unfortunatly for me Im abit to far past editing it further ^^:: I also tried for 2 days trying to upload it best of quality over youtube and veoh (many many many many many many oh god, converstions/file types, composistion sizes and this was the best result). I like to think of it as kind of an ad kind of just something I've always wanted to do(luckily at the same time it shows a bunch of stuff from psu lol), so I figured timing such things wouldnt be to problematic, I just wanted the music to sync up XD.

As far as credits go I figured Id use the info box with its limited space. I wouldn't be sure who to put in it other then my three friends, I did the whole thing basically ^^:: But thank you I am glad you enjoyed it.

Telina
May 31, 2008, 10:46 AM
may i suggest starting small and posting a vid on youtube.com?

but i have to say that was a damn fine video :D

Adriano
May 31, 2008, 11:03 AM
tl;dr, link not working. :/

Hiroko
May 31, 2008, 11:20 AM
Nice video...too bad this post will go unanswered...just like any other message from me. Anyways, something like that may be posted on my podcast page. I'm sure you'll get it out to ppl in various ways...So...I wish you luck.

Hrk

DarkEliteRico
May 31, 2008, 06:52 PM
Man good video, keep up the good work. I think if SEGA had put out an advertisement this good or actually advertised in other then print form the game would've gotten much better press.

Stryker Diaz
May 31, 2008, 06:55 PM
bad quality great video xD you should make a downloadable version so people can view it perfectly on Windows media Player

Astarin
May 31, 2008, 06:56 PM
I'll second Sekani. Gametrailers is a fantastic site for videos, and they've got a large community for user/fan made videos too.

Mikura
May 31, 2008, 07:23 PM
Not bad, you did well considering what you had to work with. I hope you get some fresh blood into the PC/PS2 community this way. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. If Sega advertised this game AT ALL, it would've done a million times better. It's sad that we, the fans, have to do what they should have done to begin with.

Sio
May 31, 2008, 08:24 PM
Not bad, you did well considering what you had to work with. I hope you get some fresh blood into the PC/PS2 community this way. I wish you the best of luck.

P.S. If Sega advertised this game AT ALL, it would've done a million times better. It's sad that we, the fans, have to do what they should have done to begin with.

P.S P.S
Youtube versions up, I think it turned out solid qualitywise
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZOJedXpA4d8,^^::

pikachief
May 31, 2008, 08:47 PM
oh u can try www.the-magicbox.con but i doubt they'll listen cuz they all tried it already and disliked it :( lol

Sio
May 31, 2008, 09:01 PM
Thanks! I'll try my luck. :)

Seority
May 31, 2008, 09:15 PM
The vid's pretty nice, but many people know how cool it is, but are firstly against the ten bucks a month to play, and now it's like the support just drives them away more. Thanks for thinking of us though. d^_^