PDA

View Full Version : Which sound buffer settings should I use?

Tek[+]Lok
May 31, 2008, 09:33 AM
Because I've tried all 4 and non of them work correctly. Certain areas of the game have sound glitches, where it is constantly cutting in and out, and its extremely annoying. Especially since I'm experiencing it in the White Beast lobbies and mission....

Why is this happening, and what does "global focus sound" mean? I don't mind using "regular sound", so i just unchecked it. I've never had such sound issues in other games, or while playing videos or music, and I use realtek.

I've noticed this happens during the plains overlord boss battle too.

My graphics are in windowed, 1024x768, 32bit, low end, really easy to run for me, and I don't even see how graphics would affect the sound... So I'm really at a loss here. I find it really ridiculous to just mute a games sound because it doesn't work, so please don't recommend that to me.

Anyone else have this problem? Anyone ever figure out why it happens? It may be a similar case as with the inability to force Anti-Aliasing. Oh well, time to reinstall realtek, make sure its the fresh one....

Tekershee
May 31, 2008, 11:58 AM
Global Focus Sound

If you play windowed me, if PSU isn't the active window, then you won't hear any sounds.

On my computer, if I alt tab quite fast, the sound is really loud for a split second before it goes back normal. I think it's cause my SE/Music is set to lowest (2) and when I switch, it goes to 10 then back to 2.

Which is really annoying as it's stupidly loud and deafens me.

In terms of the sound settings, I've used a few but noticed no difference and I don't get sound issues.

Tek[+]Lok
May 31, 2008, 12:53 PM
Oh ok cool thanks, I'll leave it on then.

And yeah i have that volume issue as well where I need to reselect my volume options because it maxes it self out when boot up the game. Why did they make the default volume so dam loud, its like "HEY EVERYONE ON MY STREET IM PLAYING PSU!"

I'm re-installing directx and realtek right now.